[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled... was this a good movie? And yes,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 347
Thread images: 50

File: maxresdefault.jpg (218KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
218KB, 1280x720px
Now that the dust has settled... was this a good movie? And yes, I am specifically talking about the Ultimate Edition.
>>
>>81427067
It's a great movie, not even taking "capeshit" into consideration. It's just a really good film. By "capeshit" standards, it's an absolute masterpiece.
>>
>>81427585

Care to explain what exactly you like so much about it? Genuinely want to know. I didn't like it very much when I first saw it but in retrospect I kinda wonder if I should give it another chance.
>>
>>81427698
Don't. It's stupid in the worst way: the type of stupid that tries to look like smart. It's a dizzying cavalcade of poor creative decisions. Just don't waste your time.
>>
>>81427067
No. It wasn't.
>>
>>81427067
its pretty good desu
>>
>>81427067

It was the pinnacle of kino. A true masterpiece
>>
>>81427698
I like that it doesn't spell everything out for you and that the principal characters are all wrestling with their own demons without monologue-ing those issues they're confronting to some other character, or worse, having some *other* character tell them what they're struggling with for the audience's "convenience." The interactions feel real, the characters don't feel plot-driven, and the villain just lies and lies and lies.

It's also accomplishing its world-building in some subtle ways, and no, I'm not talking about the character reveals. That's not world-building - that's just introducing characters. I'm talking about how they're slowly revealing that the world they inhabit isn't ours and never was. The way they're doing it is essentially meta-commentary on what comics are and what role they fill in modern society,

They even managed to repurpose Superman's death arc into a pivotal and meaningful event. It's the moment where a "realistic" Nolan-esque world starts to reveal that it really was a comic book world with its lore and "magic" asleep.

It's both brilliant and beautiful.
>>
Pretty much the most important film that mankind has ever created.
>>
>>81427998
>I like that it doesn't spell everything out for you

that I actually agree. I really liked how it was never explicitly stated that, for example, Robin was murdered which was what made Batman abandon his principles.

I was actually a bit frustrated that Suicide Squad spelled it out. But unlike Batman v Superman I have no doubts that Suicide Squad is generally a genuinely bad movie.
>>
>>81427067
It was p good desu. Definitely best capeshit of 2016
>>
>>81427998
The problem with a movie or book like this where so much is left up to interpretation you can never differentiate symbolism that was placed into the film intentionally or if youre basically staring at something until you notice a pattern and when you praise the author or director or whatever they can just say "yup i was going for that all along" or wink at the camera and say "well its up to the reader"

The other day there was a post where an anon asked people why bruce wayne made a spear instead of bullets

Rather than there being symbolism intentionally written in with the spear, it was likely just chosen randomly or because its cool for the action sequence
>>
>>81428109
Yeah, I wasn't a huge fan of the Squad, either. Even it had its moments, though.

Once again - world-building. Think about what the Enchantress was really trying to do. If you'd like to think it over before I say more, think about this exchange:

Incubus: "They worshiped us."
Enchantress: "Now they worship machines, so I will build a machine to destroy them all."

What is "them" referring to?
>>
>>81427067
Not only a great movie, it's a real pleb filter.
>>
>>81428219
Right, but I'm one of the guys who loves that. I'm also one of the people that happens to believe the choice of making a spear was Bruce unconsciously sabotaging himself, by forcing the "man" to rein in the "bat."
>>
>>81428249
They is referring to humans and to imply otherwise is reaching quite a bit
>>
It's the greatest superhero film of our time and possibly of all times.
>>
>>81428249
>them

I'd assume humanity. Am I missing something?
>>
File: Brimstone_0005.jpg (470KB, 1174x885px) Image search: [Google]
Brimstone_0005.jpg
470KB, 1174x885px
>>81428300
>>81428403

As soon as her machine comes online, she's shown destroying satellites, radar installations, and battleships. She was taking our new "god" away from us - technology.

She and her brother are leftover relics of the Ancient War - sentient Apokoliptan weapons. As a footnote, the modern incarnation of the Suicide Squad actually took place in a miniseries called "Legends," and the first thing they fought there? A sentient Apokoliptan weapon. Look at what he's saying in pic related and tell me it's a reach.

Worship and god-making is going to play a role in how things develop. Amazingly, that stretches all the way back to the first scenes in MoS.
>>
>>81428249
(((them)))
>>
File: 1490942356361.png (67KB, 1095x224px) Image search: [Google]
1490942356361.png
67KB, 1095x224px
I hope you people enjoyed this because it's going to be the last of its kind. The Marvel PR won. Critics are pushing for the dumbing down of the genre.
>>
One of the major issues I didnt quite grasp was why Lex decided to unleash doomsday instead of just telling superman to go fuck himself

There was no evidence that Lex was a criminal except maybe that bullet louise lane had but then there was no evidence that she got it from that village

How was there even any evidence that doomsday wasnt just some monster slumbering on the ship that Lex awakened by mistake?

No evidence that Lex bombed the court either and by the end of the movie im not sure batman or superman know it was him either

Would he be jailed for kidnapping supermans mom maybe? Who attests to this? Some old woman from a random town claims she was kidnapped by these guys and then how do they prove that?

Finally even if we assume that they get evidence and maybe im wrong and there were better reasons then why didnt Lex blow Batman or Supermans identity if he hates them so much

I dont recall if anyone knows its him at the end of the movie since he dies and they bury him but bruce wayne isnt outed?
>>
>>81427067
No and I love sucking DCs dick.
>>
>>81428430
As someone who unironically thinks BvS is a masterpiece, can we not pretend every DC movie is a misunderstood work of art?
Snyder's film's have been kino, but a few lines of world building won't negate how shitty the rest of Squad's dialogue was. SS was bad for the same reasons Catwoman and Schumacher's Batman films were shit, Ayer should be ashamed for letting WB cuck him as hard as they did.
>>
>>81428475
>One of the major issues I didnt quite grasp was why Lex decided to unleash doomsday instead of just telling superman to go fuck himself
He was losing it. He wanted to prove his point. And since Superman proved himself all-good, he became desperate and sought to atleast prove him as non all-powerful. He didn't unleash Doomsday to defend himself. He unleashed Doomsday for the sole purpose of destroying Superman.
>>
>>81428430

I guess that makes sense. I guess I'd appreciate these things more if I was more familiar with the comics.

But generally I just don't think Suicide Squad is a very good movie. Actually, in many ways I feel like it's a textbook example for how to make a bad action movie. Not for its story or subtext, just for many aspect of its basic writing and craftsmanship.
>>
>>81427067
It was better than all recent marvel flicks. I say this unironically. Batfleck is the best Batman on screen. Gal Gadot is a cancerous whore, lex was okay and could've been better. Clark could've been developed more. Overall solid 8/10.
>>
File: zack-directing.jpg (128KB, 1128x692px) Image search: [Google]
zack-directing.jpg
128KB, 1128x692px
>>81428510
Few people here defend SS. I have atleast never seen anyone bother defending it. Most of us are really just in it for Snyder's films.
>>
File: simpsonsglare.gif (1MB, 367x245px) Image search: [Google]
simpsonsglare.gif
1MB, 367x245px
>>81428498

fucking LIAR
>>
>>81428517
But superman didnt prove shit he fought with batman to the death and lost, batman just spared him

Another thing, does nobody who praises this movie as a masterpiece remember the scene where louis lane tosses the spear in the water? Why the water? Thats not a great hiding spot for a superman killing weapon and then how did she know it would be useful? Why would she try and get it from underwater and what purpose did it serve for her to nearly drown doing so, just to have superman save her?

The entire doomsday fight felt so clunky and for fucks sake wonder woman probably could have killed the thing with enough time, she was taking no damage and cutting him up pretty good
>>
>>81428603
Stop leaking shit all over the place Marvel Pajeet. Your post is barely cohesive. Like I said, Superman proved himself all-good and now Lex wanted to disprove him as all-powerful. How doesn't that get through your thick skull? I just laid it out for you and you deny it.
>>
File: Lex - Caught.jpg (118KB, 1427x803px) Image search: [Google]
Lex - Caught.jpg
118KB, 1427x803px
>>81428475
Lex went all in and lost. He knew that. Martha, Lois, and Clark himself were all witnesses and Lex was using mercs, bought loyalty. You could be sure that one of those guys would roll over on him once the shit had hit the fan.

When Clark shows up without Bruce's head and Bruce is waiting for him on the other end of that call, Lex just pushes the "oh shit button." and lets it all fall apart. Some people think that Lex thought he could control Doomsday, and there's footage to support that, but the fact it didn't make it into the final film tells me that they decided to take things in a different direction. Lex was exposed as a criminal. I don't think he much cared whether he lived or died at that point - his carefully cultivated image of the geeky philanthropist was forever revealed for the facade it was.
>>
>>81428603
Did you even pay attention you cocksucker? Wonder Woman's cuts were only strengthening Doomsday. The more they fought him, the stronger he became.
>>
>>81428510
>>81428536

Oh, I'm not saying it's a masterpiece. I'm saying it's one of the few things the movie nailed.
>>
>>81428640
>"They need to see the fraud you are, the blood on your hands"
>gets caught with blood on his hands
I see what you did there Zack.
>>
>>81428454
He's right though, i mean Jesus christ how do you people take this shit seriously. It's non stop cringe and any other fucking movie that was about ACTUAL NORMAL PEOPLE would be a million times more effective. But no you have to have your men in tights. Fucking queers the lot of you
>>
File: 1490478481899.jpg (147KB, 1280x717px) Image search: [Google]
1490478481899.jpg
147KB, 1280x717px
>>81428713
You're the same guy that just got destroyed earlier in the thread. And who has gotten destroyed countless times before only to escape like a bitch and return to make these passive-aggressive bitch comments. How does it feel that Marvel is considered a joke by all while BvS's image is only improved with time? You are fighting a losing battle.
>>
File: 1491292558658.jpg (73KB, 750x761px) Image search: [Google]
1491292558658.jpg
73KB, 750x761px
>>81427067
>>
>>81428680
It's beautiful, isn't it?
>>
Please go easy on DC comics /tv/, Injustice 2 is almost out.

>>81428045
This guy gets it
>>
>>81428655
Oh yeah i forgot he got stronger

Okay then why didnt they give the spear to someone else

>>81428633
>marvel pajeet

Okay cool he released doomsday because he was nuts, desperate and he wanted to prove superman was not all powerful

Fair reasoning but explain how exactly he was incriminated or explain the hot mess of the louis lane spear scene
>>
>>81428761
Superman took the spear because Wonder Woman was busy pinning him down and Batman was distracting him. It was the golden opportunity to take him out before he got even stronger. Also Superman felt personal responsibility as Doomsday is also a Kryptonian. Watch the movie next time.
>>
>>81428603
>superman didnt prove shit
-Even though people criticize and/or sees him as a god, he never stops helping people. Even after senete bombing he comes back to help.
-When batman is about to murder him his last words is him trying to get Batman save his mother
-After all the shit Lex has done to him he spares and SAVES Lex from doomsday
-Takes a fucking nuke to make sure it hits Doomsday
--"This is my world" and sacrifices himself to save earth for the second or third time.

>Lois and spear
She just saw that the spear weakens and is able to kill the Kryptonian man she loves, after Batman is gone she tries to get rid of the spear quickly
Remmeber before she arrived to fight building Perry tells her something i wrong with Kyptonian ship. and after she sees a fucking moster with lazer beams she figures out the spears importance

>Wonder woman
She cut the hand of doomsday to just give him a new weapon. While Supes rescuing Lois Doomsday rekts WW and goes after Batman. Also Batman mentions Krytonite spear can kill DD but only if pierce the skin of DD with enough force. And Supes is the strongest
>>
>>81428761
>Okay then why didnt they give the spear to someone else

>>81428800

And to add to that. Handing off the spear to someone else and letting them deal with a problem he helped create is the very least Superman thing that he could ever do.
>>
File: marvel twitter bot.jpg (385KB, 1352x903px) Image search: [Google]
marvel twitter bot.jpg
385KB, 1352x903px
WB's marketing wing needs to wake the fuck up. They got rammed so hard by Disney's shills while they just stood and watched the smear campaign in action.
>>
>>81428680
>>81428748
this sort of thing is rampant throughout the film, to the point that i wonder if every single line is referenced by something not verbal
>>
>>81428430
>>81428249
>>81427998
my man, i invite you to take your musings towards the... screen and point them in the other direction as well
>>81428857
>>
>>81428957
Just the other day, I realized that all three main characters' first scenes all revolve around them lying. I intend to watch it again this weekend to see if that pattern tracks through the rest of their scenes. Lying - confrontation with truth - acceptance of truth, or something along those lines.
>>
>>81428738
hilarious, given that the footage already gave us at least part of their version of martha
>>
>>81428738
Upboated friend!!!
>>
>>81429001
Oh, I have very little doubt that the Mouse isn't above a smear campaign. I personally believe they're attempting to establish an un-regulatable monopoly on a fictional genre. They're trying to grab up all the cape characters.
>>
>>81428713

See, that's a pointless thing to ask. Sure, you can say that Superheroes are silly. Just like you can say that Aliens are silly, that monsters are silly, that ghosts are silly, that robots are silly and so on and so forth... doesn't change that some of the most influential movies of all time and generally some of the most influential fiction of all time does feature those things to some extent.
>>
>>81427067
it was shit, stop shilling this shit
>>
>>81428738
epic XD
>>
>>81429106
Well said, superbro. The people that impose artificial restrictions on what a genre can and can't do are only revealing their own lack of imagination.
>>
>>81429007
well yeah, the only one who doesn't get called out for it is clark, which connects to other things

both lex and bruce have a moment where their lies are cut through by their voices of reason

bruce ignores his, lex blows his up

interestingly, lex blows up finch after she says "today is a day for truth"

later on:

lois(who's been chasing the truth throughout both movies): i've proven what you've done
lex: that'll blow away, like sand in the desert

BUT

truth and lies aren't self contained, like everything else, they connect mostly through the idea of fakes/falsity

false god
fraud you are
the fake sword of alexander
the fucking false flag that starts the movie
bruce's dreams playing with his false perception
the empty superman casket

>take a bucket of piss call it granny's peach tea, won't fool a fly or me

BEAUTIFUL LIE
>>
>>81429209
>well yeah, the only one who doesn't get called out for it is clark, which connects to other things

I think that ties in to how he's presented as a wiser character than the other two - he doesn't need someone else to call him out on it. He calls out himself through his memories of his dad. He admits to himself that he's been ducking responsibility.
>>
File: zack-kino.jpg (1MB, 2290x2303px) Image search: [Google]
zack-kino.jpg
1MB, 2290x2303px
>>81429106
And the people spouting that shit aren't the ones spending their days watching Bergman or the likes. They just want to remain infantile, safe in their little space where no ideas that might hint at adulthood might pass. Unfortunately, I see Marvel and the like further fueling this alienation from reality that western youth is experiencing. The state of the eternal babies. Don't dare venture outside of what we deem fun and happy. Don't dare show anything that we haven't already approved of in prior films.

It's frankly disgusting, and the people who support the continued dumbing down of cinema should be called out and then shut down. They are the death of cinema.
>>
>>81429101
seeing as how you're deeper in the rabbit hole, how far do you think the movie is uhh... pushing itself out of the screen?

i was resisting this at what i thought of as the edge of the movie simply being the most meta thing ever, but the tarot and rampant surrealist flourishes got me wondering, even the reactions to the movie were traumatic, to the point where this is literally a point of contention, very ironic and strange, which trips me out even more when people respond to the movie by literally begging for a certain type of savior figure to literally guarantee order and meaning in the world

how far does the rabbit hole go? at least tentatively?
>>
Just two main brief points that I would like to be considered:
-The only two superheroes in this film should have been Batman and Superman, it should have been about their rivalry and the story surrounding that. The inclusion of Wonder Woman subtracted from this film in my opinion.
-Casting of Eisenberg as Lex Luthor really grated on me. It is not a version of Lex that I wanted to see. They kind of went back to the sardonically comedic, Gene Hackman Lex and ... he is a billionaire with a tech campus like google or facebook, oh just like the character Eisenberg played in that other movie about the facebook guy and with essentially the same characterisation. This version of Lex really upset me and reduces the experience in a very big way.
>>
>>81429317
i really, really want to avoid console wars completely but you worded your post in a very serendipitous way

man of steel and batman v superman both have this continuing jungian/campbell aspect of leaving the safe space and venturing into the unknown, to the point that jonathan's ghost has to give clark a means through which to maneuver even the gravest of tragedies

furthermore, bvs is all about personal and mass trauma, with the main characters having to work through their pain in order to move to the next stage of their lives, with the martha thing being the moment where trauma is lived through and processes so empathy can come through

dreams, feelings, repressed experiences, trauma

the worst movies are simply forgotten, why is it that a year later people are still working through the experience of this movie?
>>
File: flash-superman.jpg (2MB, 1516x6955px) Image search: [Google]
flash-superman.jpg
2MB, 1516x6955px
What's going on?
>>
>>81429330

I'm not sure if what you're saying isn't crazy but it's interesting. What exactly are you talking about?
>>
>>81429412
ww was fine and literally took nothing away from the plot and story told. your opinion is shit

Your complaint on lex is literally
>not muh

Try harder
>>
>>81429507
why dont you find out back on reddit faggot
>>
>>81429711
How did you know where it was from?
>>
>>81429735
You redditors all post the same type of reaching bullshit that literally develops into head canon and seeing shit that isnt there. the fact that you even took it seriously enough to come try and bring it here is embarrassing enough. There is literally nothing going on in that picture other than flash running and you're an idiot if you think otherwise.
>>
>>81429783
>you redditors
>spends his days lurking on Reddit to whine about it on 4chan
lel
>>
File: 16480044321.jpg (120KB, 835x670px) Image search: [Google]
16480044321.jpg
120KB, 835x670px
>>81429696
It was the worst version of Lex ever to be put to screen, including all animated iterations and even including Kevin fucking Spacey
>>
>>81429735
any kind of fan theory is immediately reddit
on /tv/ the standard is proclaiming things like 'you don't understand the use of light'
>>
>>81429735
>>81429507
>>81429818
You got outed, just go back and take your shit theory with you
>>
File: 1443971217780.jpg (22KB, 423x315px) Image search: [Google]
1443971217780.jpg
22KB, 423x315px
>>81429818
>brings his reddit fan theory garbage here
>Gets called out
>gets pissy

top kek
>>
>>81429869
>>81429876
>lurks reddit to whine about reddit on 4chan
lel
>>
File: 1433351967644.gif (1MB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
1433351967644.gif
1MB, 207x207px
>>81429883
>being this butthurt nobody took him seriously

I bet you made the image too huh? Sorry. it was shit
>>
Oh look its another DC shill thread

>27%
>>
>>81429908
Did Rotten Tomatoes make Marvel movies good?
>>
>>81429645
the extent to which the people behind the movie really believe in it
by the end of the movie, superman is shown to be the true prometheus, lighting the fire within 'all of us' and laid down as the seed for the ultimate hope

i wonder about the extent to which you can take it literally, as at the very least they seem to be making superman face the anxieties of our current society
in the same way myths of past offered an ordering of the self within reality, the use of superman here is at least in part an exploration of modern society at the mass level

man of steel had an obvious subtext of him representing man finding personal purpose, and protecting that individual freedom/creativity against the idea of subsuming all life in favor of a fundamentalist type of ideal
bvs took what was made in mos, and explored it within the context of an uncertain universe, where hope made the change to faith, and even went all the way to the implication of life as a light in the darkness.
i just wonder the extent to which they're trying to pin it all through the lens of superman as the ideal man, human even
>>
>>81428738
hella FUCKEN EPIC XD
>>
>>81429947

That's some Alejandro Jodorowsky stuff right there. I'm not convinced Snyder and Goyer are that smart.
>>
>>81429944
>>81429908
Hello? I was asking a question. Did RT make Civil Quips good?
>>
>>81428738
You should write for marvel bro
>>
The movie didn't explain what Parademons are, so when some people were left with no answers from the movie or comic knowledge they made up random bullshit "symbolism". If that doesn't sum up Batman v Superman fans I dont know what will
>>
>>81430007
Why dont you kys you autistic faggot. RT is a good barometer to gauge a films quality so you work it out
>>
File: 32 (1).jpg (41KB, 600x477px) Image search: [Google]
32 (1).jpg
41KB, 600x477px
>>81430051
>RT is a good barometer to gauge a films quality

YIKES be a little more subtle pajeet friend ;)
>>
File: Marvel shilling.png (30KB, 860x371px) Image search: [Google]
Marvel shilling.png
30KB, 860x371px
>>81430051
;)
>>
>>81430035
Parademons dont even do anything in this movie wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>81430035
Why did it need to? It was a dream sequence. That it was a premonition is neither here nor there.
>>
>>81430051
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>81430080
Ok my simple friend. Answer this...

a. 8/10 people LIKE something
b. 8/10 people DISLIKE something

Which example better denotes the quality of a thing
>>
>>81430004
terrio would be, his background backs it all up

snyder's interviews back up a lot of the meta/pop culture/mass culture/iconographic/symbolist/clever word-image play elements of the story

and as far my comments on prometheus and man of steel, its very true, man of steel being very explicit to the point of dialogue, and the promethean observation being yet another example of the movie bringing something up through dialogue, then referencing it again later nonverbally and ironically
>>
>>81430094
>muh conspiracy

One example does not the majority make
>>
File: RT''''Critics'''''.jpg (115KB, 1484x1226px) Image search: [Google]
RT''''Critics'''''.jpg
115KB, 1484x1226px
>>81430051
> RT is a good barometer to gauge a films quality so you work it out
>>
Fuck, I hate Australians.
>>
is it an ironic meme or something here to like this movie
>>
>>81427067
this movie was a masterpiece and we all should be very proud that this was real estate during our life time
>>
>>81430080
>>81430094
>>81430146
>>81430157
it would help a lot if you guys simply didn't reply to basic b8 posts
>>
>>81430181
Snyder/Terrio is the dream team of superhero films. Ben Affleck is the best thing to have happened since he also brought Terrio with him.
>>
Paki general? Fuck why /tv/ of all places? Surely there are better outlets to shill..
>>
>>81430188
A lot of sjw cunts were invested in Ghostbusters so that bias is understandable but bias is there against DC? Oh thats right, none

>>81430208
Its no wonder these roo fuckers deviate towards defending DC; better opportunities to shitpost
>>
>>81430216
No, in life when you leave your house one day..you will come to understand people exist that like what you dont.
>>
>>81427067
I enjoyed it but it still had a lot of problems, I don't think it touches mos outside of the superman scenes personally

Should have just made a straight sequel with lex and parasite
>>
>>81430234
part of me just wants to dump them with psychedelics and money and make them take it as far as possible

this fascination is very 'fun'
>>
>>81430216
People have different tastes anon, sooner you learn that the better
>>
File: 57742fdeb96da.jpg (196KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
57742fdeb96da.jpg
196KB, 850x850px
H-hey guys....remember me?

I e-exist ttooo? Can I get a thread to 200 replies for once t-too? :(
>>
File: bought critics.jpg (125KB, 758x876px) Image search: [Google]
bought critics.jpg
125KB, 758x876px
>>81430244
>admits bias in RT
>BUT IT DOESN'T APPLY HERE NOPE
We've already established that Civil War is factually shit and reviewers praising it are paid off.
>>
>>81430284
This movie fucking sucks. Marvel is so creatively bankrupt.
>>
>>81430276
>>81430263
was just wondering if the shit taste was genuine or baiting
>>
>>81427067
To say is it a good movie or not, the answer is no. There are many problems I had with it such as so much information regarding Bruce's past left out and no clue of where Joker is during the events of this movie.

Snyder killing Jimmy Olsen off was a terrible decision.

The Martha scene is laughable due to how badly edited it is. If it was actually edited better then people wouldn't laugh at it.

All in all: a Batman standalone movie should have been released first before this but since the DCEU were in a hurry to catch up to Marvel's MCU, we were given this bland mediocre film
>>
>>81427067
>Now that the dust has settled
Same shit, terrible movie. That's never going to change.
See you tomorrow.
>>
>>81430359
It wasn't Jimmy Olsen. It was Snyder killing manchildren like you. But you were too dumb to get it.
>>
>>81430359
>MCUck talks about editing
Should I dump some Civil War webms?
>>
>>81430436
Shitty b8

>>81430359

>batman standalone

You misspelt man of steel sequel anon
>>
>>81430287
Ok I'll admit the reviews are a little inflated for CW but you have to understand the backlash was in part due to BvS being so bad. Critics wanted to hammer home the fact the BvS was far worse than CW
>>
>>81430460
You are literally too dumb to get what Snyder said when he killed off fake Jimmy Olsen. Keep whining and keep proving Snyder right - the mentally ill manchildren whining.
>>
>>81430325
Yours is absolutely genuine I fear
>>
>>81430464
BvS is objectively better film than the shitfest that is Civil War. This isn't a debate. I won't argue the merits of Civil War with some paid Marvel shill.
>>
>>81430455
pls breh, for the lels and the triggered paki responses
>>
>>81430359
>everything needs a standalone first

fuck off moron
>>
File: 1483817636111.webm (1MB, 1280x528px) Image search: [Google]
1483817636111.webm
1MB, 1280x528px
>>81430497
>>
another good thread.....gone....
>>
>>81430359
>Standalone Batman
ffs everything about Batman is explained by Alfred and Bruce.

>killing Jimmy Olsen
FAKE JO. He says in the fucking movie

>Martha scene
Read the thread
>>
File: 1440647133960.gif (3MB, 184x212px) Image search: [Google]
1440647133960.gif
3MB, 184x212px
>>81430494
based/10

made me kek. i love when Mouseketters get blown out
>>
>>81430532
Why do you think they came here to shitpost? They can't stand losing the narrative that BvS isn't as awful as the reviewers and Marvel shills painted it. It's all about shitposting so the good posts are drowned out. They are actually cunning in that sense. They know what they're doing.
>>
>>81430542
>>81430479
when did snyder ever say jimmy olsen was a fake one? The only thing he said was he saw no use/place for jimmy in this universe
>>
File: 1485008488841.png (56KB, 364x322px) Image search: [Google]
1485008488841.png
56KB, 364x322px
>>81430494
Holy shit marlets absolutely btfo
>>
>>81429330
I look at it as a rejection of anti-intellectualism. People are starting to open their eyes to how art is being reduced to mere entertainment. This is where the cognitive dissonance kicks in - "It's not supposed to be smart. It's not supposed to challenge. It's not supposed to inspire." Like Armond White said in his review, we live in a world of "petty marvels," where our heroes are sucked dry of their souls and the ideals they're supposed to champion are just painted back onto their hollow shells in a thin coat that seems almost cynical. Well here's the truth - it *is* cynical. We're not intended to think of these ideals as anything but fodder for children's films.

They just want our heroes to entertain, to put on their fancy colorful costumes and dazzle us with empty spectacle, but never inspire, never that. Inspiration is dangerous, so let's sell them their values back packaged in a children's film and mock them if they dare take them to heart.

There are ideologies at work in the world that are all but diametrically opposed, and no - they can't "just get along."
>>
>>81430494
And you expect any understanding from me DCuck when you are so closed minded. A noose is your only remedy

>>81430527
This seems normal for capeshit standards
>>
>>81430563
>when did snyder ever say jimmy olsen was a fake one?

It's a cover identity for a CIA operative, all but guaranteed to not be his real name.
>>
>>81430359
>we need another standalone for an iconic character to tell his origin story for the 100th time
>oh but marvel did it

Marvel's avengers apart from hulk, Spider-Man, are literal whos.
Of course they needed to do standalone to establish a basis. And yes, they are also bland mediocre films (except ironman 1)
Where is the hawkeye or blackwidow movie standalone?
>>
>>81430560
like sand in the desert...
>>
>>81430621
t. triggered drone

He demolished you bud, shit was hilarious. Dont bother fighting anymore
>>
>>81430645
AHH so he didnt say that and this is headcanon? Got it
>>
>>81430659
This is actually quite pathetic
>>
>>81430563
CIa dude outright says they used Lois to get the General.
>>
>>81430651
I think you mean where is the falcon, scarlet witch, rocket raccon, groot, warmachine, drax, yondu, quicksilver, and vision standalone
>>
Why can't DCucks get over the fact that as generic as Civil War was, it was still a better movie than BvS? It's been over a year at this point, right? Get over it guys, it's just getting pathetic now. Snyder tried to do something different than Marvel so I guess he gets points for that but he failed at actually making a good film. It happens sometimes, you just have to live with it.
>>
>>81430651
Its funny you say this, outside of cap America none of the other characters are even worth remembering yet i remember enjoying all of them...
>>
>>81430680
Means literally nothing and you simply have no proof snyder didnt see him as the real jimmy he felt like killing off
>>
>>81430690
Also black cat dude and Spidey should have been established in their solo movies before Civil '''''''''''war'''''''''
>>
>>81430615
>we live in a world of "petty marvels,"
dudeeeee no way this just clicked for me

this is a sinking suspicion i have of the modern world, its fascinating to watch this 'struggle' play out in the microcosm of hollywood, when our actual reality is turning into a reality tv show

i mean shit, the blogger sites have this at its most obvious, movies as trading cards, and snyder being a really weird focal point for many people's social standing
>>
>>81430706
>captain snooze worth remembering

Kek based on what more merit than the rest? Fuck off. They all seem like assholes and relatively unlikable bunch. and not in the charming way. The only characters that seem like genuinely good people are Banner, Clint, and Groot
>>
>>81430615
Are you saying "the man" is using shitty superhero blockbusters to keep the people down? Am I understanding this correctly?
>>
>>81430705
>keeps getting BTFO
>retreats and continues making these petty scattered posts all over the thread
It's funny you can't engage in a conversation and seeing you drop so low as to defend the abomination that is Civil War further fuels the suspicions that this board is raided by Marvel shills. You are more obsessed with this than what is considered healthy.
>>
>>81430705
>Dude CW better because i say so lmao xDe

At least present your reasons you lazy fuck. Thread starts with discussing BvS. Marvel faggots shits all over it with no reason. AGAIN
>>
File: problematicc.png (51KB, 121x175px) Image search: [Google]
problematicc.png
51KB, 121x175px
>>81430738
Based hahaha. thread is getting comfy watching the shills get blow out
>>
>>81430738
That was my first post in the thread. Also, just saying "no you!" is not an argument. You've proven your ignorance and lost your chance to engage with me. Goodbye.
>>
>>81430713
The thing is it doesnt matter. FFS you fags complainig about not established unnecasarry characters and then want more. Make up your own minds...

And if they need to use Jimmy he can easily explained that CIA used him and he was in protection....
>>
>>81430760
What's their obsession with shitposting BvS? Even shitting on Marvel got really tiresome for me after a week because it's so shit in every way possible. But these autists have geniunely been at it for years, doing it on a daily basis. Just look at the catalog at any given time and count how many desperate anti-DC threads there are. I've started doing it and the pattern is there.

My guess is that they are afraid. Marvel shills are losing the narrative.
>>
File: IMG_0412.jpg (51KB, 550x238px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0412.jpg
51KB, 550x238px
>>81430494
Fucking A.
>>
>>81430814

holy shit what is happening to /tv/
>>
File: 1489791087134.png (351KB, 991x693px) Image search: [Google]
1489791087134.png
351KB, 991x693px
oops i dropped something ;^)
>>
>>81430814
I have no idea... Usually people who criticize BvS but dont bring Marvel to the conversation, reply with their issues and argue their point. That threads are really good.

But with this Marvel shills, there is no winning against them because their post dont go further thatn ITS SHIT

All we can do is ignore them and hope the next marvel presents its followers something to discuss about.
>>
fucking shills
>>
File: Aquaman_0001.jpg (102KB, 739x1767px) Image search: [Google]
Aquaman_0001.jpg
102KB, 739x1767px
You know who's cool? Aquaman. I sure hope his movie is gonna be better than what Superman is getting.
>>
>>81430887
OUCH THATS GOTTA HURT!
>>
>>81430671
Ah, so in your world undercover operatives always use their real names? Got it.
>>
>>81431174
Its snyder's world moron. And snyder confirmed it was jimmy olsen. so stop flaunting your headcanon as fact
>>
>>81431174
It's called Word of God, look it up
>>
>>81430436
>It was Snyder intentionally insulting his audience
>He does it deliberately I swear
>>
>>81431495
This Marvel manchild still pretends he's upset at Snyder killing off fake Jimmy. It's sad. Drop the act.
>>
>>81431526
>fake
You're a real moron aren't you?
>>
>>81431579
You still won't drop this will you? I mean, I guess being so out of arguments that you have to resort to pretending being mad about fake Jimmy Olsen dying is desperate but be subtle about it.
>>
>>81427067
Nope.
>>
>>81431602
>you still wont drop this
>meanwhile anon is trying to tell everyone who comments he is still alive guys i promise!

Im not mad. the universe is great with or without olsen. Why you keep projecting this "anger" on anyone who calls you out is a mystery tho. The fact of the matter is the film says its him. The maker says its him. Until shown otherwise, olsen is dead in universe. no amount of headcanon will change this. im sorry
>>
File: IMG_0177.jpg (15KB, 314x161px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0177.jpg
15KB, 314x161px
>>81430734
Yeah, in a way that's exactly what I'm saying. Bread and circuses to keep us entertained. Superficial morality that we're encouraged to believe only makes sense in a fantasy land, commercialized "heroes" lining the pockets of an elite above all wants us complacent.

It's no coincidence that the guy who was playing both ends against the middle, discouraging meaningful dialogue, and providing arms and manpower to both sides is also the guy sitting around thinking up fancy logos for the heroes he plans to "own."
>>
>>81427998
You're trying way too hard with this. No one alive would ever say this about BvS.
>>
>>81431656
>an undercover CIA agent would use his own name as fake
Are you this stupid?
>>
>>81431690
I'm pretty sure he's alive and well.
>>
>>81427998
Have a (you), anon. You deserve it.
>>
>>81431725
Listen carefully moron, snyder said it was olsen. in universe its olsen. that trumps everything you can ever say. If you think the concept of it is stupid then your anger should lie with snyder. sorry
>>
>>81428726
This. It's always the same three disney pajeestanis shilling.
>>
>>81431776
>snyder said it was olsen
When?
>>
>>81431747
Pretty sure he just posted a bunch of bullshit to get people to give him (You)'s.
>>
>>81431725
>>81431602
>>81431526

>“We just did it as this little aside because we had been tracking where we thought the movies were gonna go,” he told EW. “And we don’t have room for Jimmy Olsen in our big pantheon of characters, but we can have fun with him, right?”

It was olsen
>>
This movie should've just been Man Of Steel 2 featuring a cameo from Batman. It's clear that Superman is the only character that has any real arc in these movies.
>>
>>81431794
What the fuck are you talking about you cocksucker? Everything he wrote makes sense. I know long posts puts your sub-70 IQ but I doubt you even understand what he's saying.
>>
>>81431783
Right below you
>>
>>81431783
google?
>>
>>81431800
>And we don’t have room for Jimmy Olsen in our big pantheon of characters

Snyder explicitly said they don't have room for the character but were having fun with his name. Drop it. You're reaching really far now to pretend to be angry about a fake name.
>>
>>81431834
So you agree they confirmed killing him? Concession accepted
>>
>>81431668
funny, that superman's sin is existing
and batman's real when its useful

and that the supposed 'right' version of superman is indeed a figure who enables personal and mass complacency

would you say its also no coincidence that that guy is wielding corporate power to use and undermine the government and the public while even using struggles abroad?
experimental weapons in the desert.. this movie was made in 2013...

are you /hangedbrah/?
>>
>>81427067
It was ok 5/10
>>
>>81431858
They didn't even include him. They had fun with his name, which Snyder explicitly states.
>>
>>81431858
Fuck off
>>
>>81431834
This.

How do people actually not understand the reveal that he was CIA was obviously telling us its not the real Olsen

I'd put money that the real Olsen will show up in MOS2 especially since matthew vaughn is probably directing it. (he'd use a classic character like Jimmy Olsen )
>>
>>81431834
>adding "with his name"

Strawmaning hard here
>>
>>81431874
Snyder never stated they had fun with "his name". They did include him thus the point of the whole article. thus the point of snyder's comments.

>>81431875
being this angry kek
>>
>>81431910
Yes? He says Jimmy Olsen doesn't have room in this world. Therefore Jimmy Olsen isn't in it, therefore the "fun" is the fun in using Olsen's name to trick the viewers thinking he's geniune.
>>
>>81431874
Do you know what explicit means? Doesn't seem like it
>>
>>81431885
fuck matthew vaughn
get cauron and let him do whatever he wants i say, as the entitled internet denizen i am
>>
>>81431922
Top lel, look how hard you are reaching for a nobody character.

He says he didnt have room for him in future stories so he killed him and its something only fans would notice. Thus the "fun"/ wink wink nod
>>
>>81431815
You Snyderlings are out in full force.
>>
File: amy 5.jpg (2MB, 3280x4928px) Image search: [Google]
amy 5.jpg
2MB, 3280x4928px
>>81431910
you're ignoring that a CIA agent doesnt use their real name in duty though?

it was nothing but a playful nod to the characters name how can you refute that?

because Snyders quote can be twisted one way or the other?
>>
>>81431952
This fucking Marvel Pajeet. He was using Olsen's name as undercover and Snyder explicitly stated no Olsen in this Universe.
>>
File: JUST...jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
JUST...jpg
8KB, 225x225px
>>81431922
>>81431874
>>81431875
>>81431834
>>81431885
>>81431602
>>81431174
>>81430645
>>81430542
>>81430479
>>81430436
Absolutely embarrassing holy shit
>>
File: snyder art.png (906KB, 1253x1080px) Image search: [Google]
snyder art.png
906KB, 1253x1080px
>>81431934
I wish Snyder would make MOS2 and 3 but cauron would for sure be an interesting and different choice
>>
>>81432001
>he has to mass reply to everyone because get so badly BTFO
>>
>>81431987
He stated no place for Olsen when looking at future film so killing him was fun wink to those paying attention. Stop saying explicit when the words you're using never uttered his lips
>>
>>81431205
Any world, you fucking jackass.
>>
>>81432028
>when looking at future film
Nice adding your own OC to the quote fucking faggot.
>>
File: wut.gif (600KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
wut.gif
600KB, 300x300px
>>81432030
>>
>>81428219

>because it's cool for an action sequence

It's a deliberate allusion to Excalibur. And St. Michael
>>
>>81432047
>We just did it as this little aside because we had been tracking where we thought the movies were gonna go

>where we thought the movies were gonna go

>movies were gonna go

>future films

Are you retarded?
>>
File: the jonker.png (616KB, 515x707px) Image search: [Google]
the jonker.png
616KB, 515x707px
>>81432028
the quote is so vague that when taking all context from the movie out of your argument it can be twisted both ways the truth is the movie explains that the character that died on screen was a CIA agent using the Jimmy Olsen name.

now I know you think Snyder is a moron but do you really think he's dumb enough to assume CIA agents use their real names during an operation?

its sad that this is such a big problem for you with this movie when it actually answers its self in the span of like 5 minutes of being brought up.

have fun replying though.
>>
File: IMG_2973.jpg (54KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2973.jpg
54KB, 500x375px
It wasn't a normie friendly movie, no one took their friends to see it because it doesn't cater to their quip addiction. There are some heavy themes presented, well heavy for the average movie goer. Which makes it enjoyable on a personal level, not a collective level like the Marvel movies.

Supermans relationship with humanity in a cynical modern age, Batmans abandonment of his heroic former self were the major themes of the film and they mesh well together because Batman represents the jaded human and Superman is the ideal humans want to be. It isn't until Batman learns that Superman has a mother it hits at his one weakness which are his dead parents. Batman suddenly feels an immense sense of empathy for this Superbeing which for the entire movie he has dehumanised (its a lot easier to kill someone if you aren't sympathetic to them.) ill admit the movie doesn't do a good job of conveying this major plot point to the audience without watching the Ultimate edition so it's understandable that a lot of people were left scratching their heads before the Dubstep final boss troll shows up.

Overall 7/10 great ideas for the characters just not executed properly by Snyder.
>>
>>81432066
>changes quote in the last greentext
Damn so this is the power of Pakistani inbreeding.
>>
>>81432007
yeah me too, cuaron is just someone who see as 'qualified' that can match the use of the cinematic techniques some of us appreciate in bvs, while easily depicting a realistic world, perhaps in a more free flowing manner

>movie ends on hope sailing away on tomorrow
>>
>>81432081
Stop embarrassing yourself
>>
>>81432090
Its literally what his quote means. try harder with your agruement
>>
File: chrome_2017-03-03_01-03-55.png (326KB, 486x365px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-03-03_01-03-55.png
326KB, 486x365px
>>81432105
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA*inhales*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>81432127
>agruement
The inbred Pakistani can't even spell anymore. Revise your Disney script. It was very weak today.
>>
>>81432081
How stupid are you real talk? There is no way to misread his quote. Like..at all. Olsen is dead. Bury him
>>
>>81432147
>>81432144
Embarrassing
>>
>>81428475

The police literally pulled up as Batman flew away. They'll find a warehouse full of career criminals and mercenaries nursing broken bones

Lex was losing it at that point. He wanted to kill Superman at any cost.

What's murky to me still is what he intended after.
>>
>>81432147
>literally arguing the merits of a simple quote
>still cant grasp it
>>
File: Snyderman.png (892KB, 1728x806px) Image search: [Google]
Snyderman.png
892KB, 1728x806px
>>81432149
Snyder's quote is easy to read as "we killed the Jimmy Olsen character for fun"

but he killed A character called Jimmy Olsen (CIA code name) as a fun nod to fans.

he didn't actually kill Jimmy Olsen and as I said earlier with a new director coming on for MOS 2 the real Jimmy Olsen character has potential of showing up even if it was true that Snyder didnt want to use him.

you're ignoring the characters context within the film and only using Snyder's quote for your argument.

so real talk how desperate are you?
>>
>>81432182
Yes it's amazing that you had to add your own lies to convince yourself that this was the geniune Jimmy Olsen and not just an undercover name used by a CIA operative.
>>
>>81428842

It's not like they knew each other either. They're fighting together for the first time with no real tactics.
>>
No it was shit. People who say otherwise either have a terrible case of cognitive dissonance, can't analyze movies, or have tied it to their pleb-tier alt-right political identity.
>>
>>81431794
I posted why I like this movie. That's not even all of my reasons, just what I could fit into a fairly short post.
>>
>>81432233
Why are Marvel shills so insecure about right-wing politics? Marvel is indeed globalist kike propaganda.
>>
>>81432214
>>81432213
>all this headcanon desperately needed to defend the killing of a side character.
>>
>>81432213
He's dead Jim
>>
>>81432252
>still can't grasp the concept of an undercover name used by a CIA operative and Snyder explicitly saying there is no Jimmy Olsen
Damn, Marvel shills really are quite something.
>>
>>81432214
No lie was stated, try again
>>
>>81432268
>Snyder explicitly saying there is no Jimmy Olsen

Never stated. What snyder said is they have no room for him going forward. so killing him was a fun nod and the most you will get unfortunately
>>
>>81432163
he thought he had some form of control over doomsday,
theres a behind the scenes thing that shows him saying "obeys only me born to destroy you"
>>
>>81432250
The whole mentality that you can only like things that agree with your politics is trailer-trash level thinking.
>>
>>81432268
There goes that explicit word you have misused twice now
>>
>>81432311
Funny considering how hard you sperged about "alt-right". I've seen a common trend about Marvel fanboys being obnoxious liberal faggots.
>>
>>81432252
>>81432261
>The movie shouted at me that it wasnt the real Jimmy Olsen but because I hate Zack Snyder and DC im going to just use a quote from an interview as my argument

explain to me within the context of the film how the real Jimmy Olsen is dead?

because I and a lot of fans didnt see Jimmy Olsen at all in BvS we saw an easter egg of his name being used for a minor CIA character that is killed in 5 minutes.

I must have missed the comic run when Jimmy Olsen was a CIA agent who had no noticeable character traits of his original self
>>
>>81432329
I liked American sniper just fine even though it's right wing as fuck. I liked it because it was a good well made movie.
Batman v Superman is shit. If you just mindlessly support movies based on politics than you are functionally retarded.
>>
File: wew.png (725KB, 619x622px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
725KB, 619x622px
DCEU>FOX>>>>>Marvel Netflix>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>MCU
>>
>>81432465
and by Netflix I really only mean DD
>>
>>81432405
it'd be so much more gratifying to me to see jimmy die as an operative trying to make it work between uncle sam and some insurgent group than see him introduced later as some guy who's only good for some 'gee golly haha aren't you great superman!!!' action
>>
>>81432465
I just watched Iron Man 3 today and it was better than Man of Steel. How does this make you feel?
>>
File: BruceWaynescallisdropped.jpg (152KB, 2400x1196px) Image search: [Google]
BruceWaynescallisdropped.jpg
152KB, 2400x1196px
>>81427067
Zod gives the entire planet 24 hours to turn up Clark or he'll glass the planet.
Clark does turn himself in within those 24 hours, breaks free.
Zod decides to glass the planet because fuck Earth, I wanna raise 10,000 Krypto infants myself instead of all these slaves with their limitless food, drink and cable tv.
Slow Rolls the doomsday machine into place over Indian Ocean(?).
Park Zod's ship over middle of Metropolis.
Turn it on ZRRRRM-Crash!!, ZRRRRM-Crash!,
ZRRRRM-Crash!
Military is discussing this distressing development
Has time to fly a helicopter to Kansas, pick up Kal's pod, stand around explaining plan to Lois on airfield.
Has time to fly the pod to Metropolis on a cargo plane, launch F-15 attack on ship, all while Clark is fucking around with World Engine.
Superman eventually battles Zod in the city.

MEANWHILE, BRUCE "I HAVE THE MOST ADVANCED TECH ON THE PLANET" WAYNE IS FUCKING AROUND ON MAIN STREET IN HIS CIVVIES, RIGHT UP UNTIL THE MOMENTS OF CLARK AND ZOD'S FIGHT.

Despite his tech being right across the harbor, despite having 24 hours preptime for the end of the world, despite Zod hovering over Metropolis in his ship for hours.

All so we could have a hackneyed 9-11 moment to create Crazy-Pissed Bruce for a fight scene.
>>
>>81427067
No.
It was a great movie, probably the best ever made.
>>
>>81432058
It's that, but it's also Bruce unconsciously sabotaging his own plan.
>>
>>81432504
but that's what his character serves to be...

a young kid who looks up to and loves Superman for being a hero.

it wouldn't be as campy as the original depictions but he would be a welcome addition to the DCEU in say MOS 2 I think DCEU Superman already has a lot of heart but adding Jimmy would put a human level to Superman's effect on the world that Clark is connected to in his day to day human work. (if they bring Clark back)
>>
>>81427067
I hated it the first time I watched it.

Then I saw UE and loved it.
>>
>>81432558
The entire opening sequence to BvS was apparently written by someone who never sat through Man of Steel even once.
So Terrio?
>>
>>81432406
But you were the one sperging out about BvS being "alt-right". I think you're just another buttmad Marvel fanboy who can't cope with a superhero movie being more than a safe space experience.
>>
File: Bat thumb.jpg (20KB, 552x376px) Image search: [Google]
Bat thumb.jpg
20KB, 552x376px
>>81432527
I actually like Iron Man 3 unlike most people because it doesn't feel like an MCU film it feels like a Shane Black film and I love Shane Black.

shitty villain though.

but the fact that you like it more than Man of Steel ? well I think for the genre Man of Steel is far more important and memorable but its your opinion so I guess enjoy what you enjoy
>>
File: IMG_0401.jpg (44KB, 480x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0401.jpg
44KB, 480x384px
>>81431865
I am.
>>
>>81432594
>but he would be a welcome addition to the DCEU
for you maybe, i find those kinds of yes men grating as fuck in real life, most people i've met do so as well

the fuckkk brah, jimmy wouldn't add anything, because he's literally a one note character, that plays to a dynamic that's already been done away with, his secret identity

lois perry and the other lady know who he is, why would you bring another character who relies on not knowing only to have him around to *say positive thing about superman
>>
>>81432639
>for the genre Man of Steel is far more important and memorable
How is it important for the genre? It just resulted in a bunch of memes about Superman being Jesus.
Though IM3 didn't do much to evolve the genre either. At least it gave Tony some nice moments of heroism and weakness.
As for memorable? People remember STOP MY INVINCIBLE SON better than the butthurt of the Mandarin twist so I guess that's true.
>>
File: Batfleck3.jpg (70KB, 852x479px) Image search: [Google]
Batfleck3.jpg
70KB, 852x479px
>>81432558
Was there not a 1% chance that Zod was a danger to the planet?
>>
>>81432673
Its not something I want badly but I wouldnt hate it.

and the difference is Jimmy is young and not as cynical as some of the adults in Clarks life.

it could work well, but dont think im someone who thinks the DCEU desperately needs a light tone or more heart I think MOS is perfect
>>
>>81432699
Outside of Iron Man's extremely limited comic book audience, no one was butthurt at all about the Mandarin. Had he even shown up in cartoons before that point? He was a relic of Iron Man's old 70's comics.
>>
>>81432571

Really, now?
>>
File: You Must Be New Here.jpg (75KB, 311x311px) Image search: [Google]
You Must Be New Here.jpg
75KB, 311x311px
>>81432764
Snyder threads are always trolls trolling trolls.
>>
>>81432764
Now and until Justice League comes out
>>
File: Snyder Poetry.png (313KB, 690x450px) Image search: [Google]
Snyder Poetry.png
313KB, 690x450px
>>81432699
as a comic book film it will be remembered for a long time (because it was hated) but quite a lot of people have grown to love it.

and when I said its more important I was really just meaning its more important for me personally.

it felt different it wasn't campy it wasn't jokes every few seconds its was a dark mythical telling of Superman taken very serious and I think with respect for the character.

its a shame some people dont see that. but to each their own.
>>
>tfw this board is so full of beta faggots they're too scared to call this piece of shit for what it is in order to avoid upsetting the DCuck marketers.
It's the same garbage as the day it was released. Poorly written, horribly shot and ill conceived trash from visionary music video director Zap Snyder part 2. It's the same shit as the first movie, but even more painful to withstand. The cinematic equivalent of 3 hours of white noise with no characters, the vague idea of a plot and lots of posturing and buildings crashing. It culminates with a tedious and pointless fight between polygons.

It's amazing how that trained chimp keeps getting work after the 2 last stools he put out.
>>
>>81432655
how familiar are you with the chalice and the blade?
>>
File: cavil.jpg (51KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
cavil.jpg
51KB, 640x640px
>>81432815
>This Marvel Pajeet been circling the thread for hours making these petty pot shots
I don't think anyone even bothers reading your bloody anal leaks of posts anymore t b h.
>>
>>81428726
>y-you're getting destroyed i swear! I win, mommy! I don't even like these movies but I'm playing pretend with my friends!
You retards take this ironic bullshit too far. It was funny at first but now you're starting to believe it.
>>
>>81432795

Why?
>>
>>81432798
> its was a dark mythical telling of Superman taken very serious and I think with respect for the character.
It was dark. It was not mythical in any way though. It was taken very seriously but it was not treated with respect for the characters.
Except Zod. They really did a good job with Zod.
>>
File: chrome_2017-04-09_21-58-32.png (1MB, 970x728px) Image search: [Google]
chrome_2017-04-09_21-58-32.png
1MB, 970x728px
>>
>>81432842
>bawwwww it's marlel's fault
Go take your ritalin, you must be here like 18 hours a day. How much do you get per thread, anyway?
>>
>>81432755
IM had cartoons that people watched and remember fondly. The Mandarin was in them all as a main Bad Guy as far as I remember.
>>
>>81432871
>They really did a good job with Zod.
Oh yeah, he totally wasn't a saturday morning cartoon villain with motivation akin to commander cobra's. He was a really well written character that behaved as ruthless as the plot needed him to be at that very moment.
>>
>>81432888
I'm glad you're reaching the state where you know what you're going to be accused of. Just so you know, nobody even reads your butthurt posts anymore. It takes two words before anyone can tell it's the resident Marvel Poo leaking shit all over again.
>>
>>81432921
>I'm glad you're reaching the state where you know what you're going to be accused of
It's astonishing how you can't keep track of your own posts. I guess you need to have crippling ADD to be entertained by Snyder's cinematic diarrhea, after all.
>>
>>81432916
No he wasn't. He was far more nuanced than any videogame boss of Marvel. At best they might drop a quip or two but they just want to end the world. Hey get hype, after 15 movies and it's finally time for the final boss grapefruit space man.
>>
>>81427067
if i would like to waste 3hours on a movie it would be Stalker or similar movie history legends and not a shit superhero flick which wants to act serious
>>
>>81432894
>it's a Julia Carpenter's Spider-Woman episode

I loved that cartoon. Hulk wasn't that good, but Iron Man, X-Men and Spider-Man were the bomb yo.
>>
>>81432163
>What's murky to me still is what he intended after.

To use the info he'd gathered on other metahumans and form his own "Justice League" to deal with whichever "alien threat" was left alive. Lois and Martha would have ended up "civilian casualties" of the battle.

I'm waiting to find out Cyborg saved the S.T.A.R. Labs scientist Lois was talking to,Dr. Klyburn, from an anduction attempt, as she was the only real loose end Lex sort of left hanging out there, not that her analysis could do much more than hint at Lex's involvement.

"You know a bit about Lexcorp metals, don't you, Ms. Lane?"
>>
>>81432956
The fact that Snyder has managed to piss you off so hard that you've spent months of your life trying to shitpost his movies makes me all the more convinced he's the right man. I get a good movie and an extremely asshurt Marvel Paki on top of it. Win Win.
>>
>>81432916
Anon, please don't be so passive-aggressive.
>>
>>81432993
Don't tell him what to do!
>>
>>81432975
>The fact that Snyder has managed to piss you off so hard that you've spent months of your life trying to
That's what a filmmaker should strive for, anger their audience with incompetence.
Thank you, based Zapf.
>>
>>81433027
A leaking Marvel Paki was never his audience. Don't presume the world revolves around you, Poo.
>>
>>81433042
It's always either pakis or pajeets with you, are you from that area, anon? I guess you really have to hate yourself to defend snack zlyder 8 hours a day.
>>
>>81433090
Man I can't fucking wait for JL to make this mudslime Pakistani even more butthurt. You'll always have you Marvel globalist propaganda though.
>>
>>81432844
There is nothing not perfect in that movie.
>>
>>81430284
even the poster is incredibly boring
>>
>>81432635
Batman V Superman isn't bad because it's right wing. It's just what attracts a certain kind of retard to it.
You are a perfect example. For you this isn't just a movie, it's a vector for your ass-backwards identity politics. You're like a Scientologist who believes the books of L Ron Hubbard aren't trite garbage.
>>
>>81433156

You aren't actually gonna elaborate, are you?
>>
>this triggers the Marvel Pakistanis
>>
>>81427067
Of course it was a good film. Even just on this board, every time there's a thread about it, (or MoS) there's hundreds of replies and arguments back and forth.

When a film sparks that much discussion so much time after it's release it's obviously done a good job. When detractors are still thinking about this film and defenders are still vehemently in its corner it was obviously effective.
>>
File: IMG_0403.jpg (86KB, 750x653px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0403.jpg
86KB, 750x653px
>>81432405
Jenny Olsen works at the Daily Planet as an intern. I'm calling this one right now:

Jimmy is a relative of hers, a respected war photographer who was on assignment in North Africa and the C.I.A. borrowed his name to lend him some cred with Lois. Photographers are generally behind the camera, so people would know their work more than their faces. What do I base this off of? The fact that I know who Larry Fong is based entirely off his work, but I have no idea what he looks like even after I look right at him.
>>
>>81433195
>projecting this hard
For someone who spends months of his life whining about how much the Christian imagery in BvS offended him, he sure loves to pretend he doesn't care about any of that.
>>
>>81433209
Do you want me to list all qualities that make a movie good?
>>
>Maybe if I make 20 threads a day about this piece of shit it will magically become a good movie, lmao
It very clearly isn't working. You need to stop.
>>
>>81432465
I can't wait to find out that battle took place in pre-Cataclysm Atlantis.
>>
>>81433220
Lol no
>>
File: affleck-dog.jpg (70KB, 980x490px) Image search: [Google]
affleck-dog.jpg
70KB, 980x490px
>>81433306
>maybe if I continue to act butthurt about people liking a movie for months on end they'll stop liking it
Man it feels good knowing shitposting has backfired so hard on your ass and you're too stupid to know it.
>>
why do marvel paki's always try to shit up these threads? if they dont like the films they can discuss the latest marvel shit in another thread
>>
>>81433352
Why do DC fanboys are always looking for approval of shitty films they like?
>>
>>81433375
You are proving his point. What attracts you here? Is it Disney paying per shitpost or what?
>>
>>81433375
>see BvS
>cry and shitpost
>get BTFO
>go into retard mode
why do you repeat this cycle? are you paid to do it?
>>
>>81433156
Not him, but
>Cinematography
>Soundtrack
>Batfleck casting
>Costume design
>Dialogue
>Fight scenes
>Atmosphere
>>
>>81433391
>>81433439

>Do you get paid?

Yes
>>
>>81432574

I never liked that explanation

Granted he could've won right off the bat with Kryptonite bullets. But he didn't just want to win.

Fighting Superman wasn't just ,"oh he is a threat I have to stop." Superman made Batman feel powerless. It hurt and traumatized Batman.

So he wanted to hurt and traumatize Superman. To make him feel powerless. That's why he starts talking about fear. That's why he cuts Superman's face first.

A nice bladed weapon is better for that kind of thing.
>>
You're being shilled to, /tv/. WB knows their brand of capeshit is bombing, so they pay indians to pretend to like them in forums and this hellhole 20 hours a day.
Now let's be honest here, if Batman were not in this particular one, it wouldn't have gotten half of the box office it got. So you have a failing "cinematic universe" a sycophantic director willing to put ads and quips in his movies to catch up to the distinguished competition, and an army of starved indians willing to bomb every website with shilling all day and night. Sounds like a winning formula, glad to be part of it.
>>
>>81433496
how many rupees?
>>
>>81433542

3 Shekels every time i point out a flaw in BvS

I get a 2(^2) combo if i do it in a row
>>
>>81433515
>get called out for the shilling Marvel Paki so hard that you resort on pulling the same card
Your desperation is showing now
>>
>>81433592
Change your tune, m8, you sound mental.
>>
>>81433391
>What attracts you here? Is it Disney paying per shitpost or what?

No m8, i like Batman
And i like Superman, but Zack Snyder is an idiot

I thought we were gonna get an actual comic book universe on film, but Zack wants to do every good story before he gets kicked the fuck out

We could have had a good Batman and a good Superman but he made the movie purely to get good shots, nothing more, everything in that movie is engineered to get the shots he wanted
>>
>>81433710
You really are everything we accuse you of. There is no doubt now.
>>
>>81433738
DC fan here. I love seeing DCEU crash and burn. But seriously we can't let Snyder get the nuclear codes.
>>
>>81429828
kevin spacey was technically the worst along with Brandon because the pedophile director wasted them on doing a rehash of the 78 movie
>>
>>81433238
>lol no ur just triggered
That's a story /pol/ has told you and you believed it. Batman v Superman is bad because it's a poorly written mess. Not because of christian imagery or right wing subtext.
You thinking the left hates it for those reasons is just something your echo chamber told you to re-enforce your us-vs-them Neanderthal mentality.
>>
>>81433738
>get so butthurt about how hard Snyder BTFO Marvels with direction that you turn it into a fault of BvS
This is how desperate the Marvel shills are now.
>>
>>81433797
Literally proving me right. The mudslime can't let it go. It's hilarious.
>>
>>81430284
this movie was too boring to be worthy of discussion

the first half is decent though
>>
Reminder that you don't have to pretend to like shit movies like this to fit here on the board. Nobody really does like this trash, it's just one obsessive-compulsive retard advertising it for free.
Don't let mental patients tell you what to watch.
>>
>>81433800
wew lad. I hope you're just memeing.
>>
>>81430887
>it took literally 40 movies and every marvel superhero to up against two DC characters
>>
>>81433848
Keep trying to meme good direction into a fault. Maybe it will convince a retard but even that I doubt.
>>
>wanting dozens of films of your particular capeshit hero
why? reread the comics if you want the same shit, save money aswell not watching regurgitated storylines like marvel.
At least snyder is making different takes of characters in his own style. on the /tv/ board you'd think comicfags would be able to separate those sides of themselves
>>
>>81433830
>Supporting a bad movie on a Chinese finger puppet board is as deep as my political identity goes.
>>
>>81433871
Bro if you thought BvS was well directed then you don't even know what good direction looks like. Fucking Jackie Chan does better direction.
>>
>>81432558
hahahahaha
>someone thinks this is a legitimate argument

well here's a (you) for your effort
>>
>>81433904
Yes BvS was well directed. Shots with excellent composition and lightning isn't a fault. I know shilling Marvel means you have to make shoddy direction look good but nobody's falling for it.
>>
>>81428562
>wearing shirts with some cringy army catchphrases
Talk about a man with no taste
>>
>>81428249

you're such a psedo intellectual i actually wanna puke.

You're asking "what is "them" referring to? And people rightly, and obviously so, answer humans. Nothing tricky her

then here
>>81428430

you then go on to explain that we worship technology and make it seem like the people whom (again, rightly) answer your question dosn't quite get it. What's your point? The movie show this quite clearly; that humans used to worship these entities in anicent times, but now only "Believe" in materialistic things/machines. A soccer mom going to see the move with her two kids will get this.

In your orgiganl post you makes it seem like there's something else going on here that people aren't seeing, you still haven't answerd your own question:

what is "them" reffering to?"

i still don't know what "them" is reffering to do mate

and anyway your entire post could just have been

>they mad humans don't belifs in them no more but wanna play angry birds instead

this have to be the clearest example of a true DCuck. If i have time i'll tell you why you're wrong on BvS too
this isn't some super clever writing/world building, the latest xmen movie had the EXACT same plot for christ sake. Stop tryingg to seem so fucking smart -
>>
>>81432558
You forgot how Aquaman for whatever reason didn't see the engine in the Indian Ocean as a threat he might want to check out.
>>
>>81433962
Imagine being this buttmad marlel
>>
>>81433800
I know you are trolling but i'll take the bait.

These are my problems with BvS

Superman should love being a hero and protecting this Earth, and we should see that when he is saving people, that they feel safe.
Every "Superman" moment, he looks riddled with crippling depression, and if i was a civilian i would be terrified that he might choose to throw Doomsday into my house

As for Batman, the most interesting part of him is his relationship with the Joker, but this Batman is a murderer, when these two meet, there is no reason why Batman wouldn't immediatly kill him.

>Sets up the JLA

They played the fucking Teasers

Zack Snyder does Death of Superman with no reason or backstory to it
That story works in the comics because there, Superman is the greatest person in the world and when he dies, Earth loses hope.
In the movie universe Superman is Onision, and everything from Krypton is Christian, im kind of glad he is dead

And the movie has some stupid moments that dont matter
>>
>>81433515
Shoo. Shoo.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7Z2AKOrQg4
>>
>>81434076
Damn you really are inbred

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C8xuYyyWAAQ_5wh.jpg
>>
>>81433768
Either make good movies or make shit movies
It's not fun to watch a Review that says "It's fine you know?, See it yourselves and let me know what you think"
>>
>>81434167
Half of them are just Lois Lane
And it's not like that is a selfless act

And he didnt try to protect anyone from the Kriptonians, he wanted to kill them and he saved humans, but by proxy
>>
>>81434259
Just admit you got ousted as a lying shit. There are countless scenarios of Superman saving people. Your inability to admit it shows how much of a shill shitposter you are.
>>
>>81434315
>countless
What movie are you even talking about anymore, you basket case?
>>
>>81432558
There were twenty minutes of elapsed time between the ship descending over Metropolis to when it started Kryptoforming. Here's a detailed breakdown:

>Zod decides to glass the planet because fuck Earth
He didn't just need the planet. He needed our biomass. "A foundation has to be built on something."

>Slow Rolls the doomsday machine into place over Indian Ocean(?).
If "Mach 24 and accelerating" counts as a slow roll, sure.

>Military is discussing this distressing development. Has time to fly a helicopter to Kansas, pick up Kal's pod, stand around explaining plan to Lois on airfield.

Except Clark, Lois and the Air Force were already en route with the pod, thanks to Jor passing along the plan to Lois and Clark already suspecting Zod's intentions.

>Has time to fly the pod to Metropolis on a cargo plane, launch F-15 attack on ship, all while Clark is fucking around with World Engine.

C-17s have a cruising speed of better than 500 miles an hour with a full payload.

http://www.af.mil/AboutUs/FactSheets/Display/tabid/224/Article/104523/c-17-globemaster-iii.aspx

>MEANWHILE, BRUCE "I HAVE THE MOST ADVANCED TECH ON THE PLANET" WAYNE IS FUCKING AROUND ON MAIN STREET IN HIS CIVVIES, RIGHT UP UNTIL THE MOMENTS OF CLARK AND ZOD'S FIGHT.

20 minutes warning, and it took Bruce two years to up his game to a point where thought he had a snowball's chance in hell against aliens, and no reason to believe he's ever looked beyond Gotham and street-level crime.

>Despite his tech being right across the harbor, despite having 24 hours preptime for the end of the world, despite Zod hovering over Metropolis in his ship for hours.

In orbit and "above Metropolis" are two different things.
>>
>>81434359
Did you even look at the image proving you wrong you lying fuck? This is why people get tired arguing with Marvel shills. It's a brick wall.
>>
>>81434315

Nah
Most of those are "heroic" acts that directly affect him, others are just wishfull thinking
>>
>>81434364
See, nobody in their right mind has this information available right off the bat. We're getting spam bombed by advertisers.
>>
>>81434396
>gets shown countless times he saved people
>nah these don't count
You just want to shitpost. Just admit it so you can spare us all the time.
>>
>>81432841
Not overly so. The first I encountered the concept was through Dan Brown.
>>
>>81434410
If your GF was being sexually harrassed, and you showed up and said "Hey Stop", ¿Would that make you a hero?
>>
>>81432957
Fucking this. Zod's one of the best examples of a tragic villain in any cape movie ever. Not even Magneto comes off as sympathetic as Zod - just this guy who wants to resurrect his people and his culture, but can't see the potential better future right in front of him.
>>
>>81432639
I thought it was good too. The Mandarin reveal was okay though I do understand why fans were pissed.
>>
>>81434581
>Fucking this. Zod's one of the best examples of a tragic villain in any cape movie ever.
There's nothing tragic about cartoon megalomania. You keep posting your ironic "humor" as if nobody's going to notice.
>>
>>81434410
Of course he fucking saved Lois. That is not a heroic act, it's his GF.

>Saved Batman from himself

What the fuck are they talking about?

>Was willing to sacrifice himself and take a nuke to save humanity

Kinda, except he hides behind Doomsday.
AND Why the fuck would you fire a nuke at Doomsday when Superman is already taking him into space.
Dumb fucking movie
>>
>>81433962
Here you go, since you're too riddled with ADD to read a paragraph - machines. "Them" is our machines - the idols of our new "god."

Your reading comprehension sucks.
>>
File: Jackie.jpg (29KB, 465x437px) Image search: [Google]
Jackie.jpg
29KB, 465x437px
>>81434364
I like (you)
>>
>>81433210
I wish Senator Finch didn't have to die. I was really warming up to her "zero bullshit" character.
>>
>>81434406
Yeah, the fan who defends something he loves "on the spot" is infinitely more suspect than a hater who demands someone contradict his even more autistic analysis. I "hate" a lot of things films. I don't devote hours of time to trying to tear them down because that's not healthy.

And because I'm not getting paid to do it.
>>
https://youtu.be/8g0SdpF0v0k
Thread posts: 347
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.