[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can we get Paramount to release an extended cut of Ghost

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: RumoredDeletedSceneDescription.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RumoredDeletedSceneDescription.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
How can we get Paramount to release an extended cut of Ghost in the Shell?

Early trailers showed blood squirts when people were shot (and these were cut out for the PG 13 rating).

There are quite a few deleted scenes including webm related as well as an extended scene when Major meets the full human and they share a kiss.
>>
>>81422869
>>81422869
Will these 30 seconds of extra footage, tops, and extra pixels of blood squirting really fix this flawed movie?

I mean, the movie isn't all that bad, but we're fooling ourselves if we think stuff like that can fix a movie.
>>
>>81422869
Eh, this movie was already fucked from pre-production, it's not one of those "had potential until test audiences ruined everything" situations.
>>
>>81423056
What's wrong with the movie?
>>
File: Section 9 .webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Section 9 .webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>81422999
>>81423056
I disagree. Ghost in the Shell is by far one of the best film's of the year

>10/10 casting of Section 9
>Best visuals ever as we can all agree
>Great emotional origin story (stop with the "It should have remained a mystery." This is a standalone movie and it isn't an entire anime series so as a standalone based off the anime, it did an amazing job
>>
>>81423108
They made the movie.
But they could not control the audience.
My name is Mira Motoko Killian Kusanagi, and I do not give my consent.
>>
>>81423151
Was Borma even in it?
And yeah, I know, Saitou was in it for like only a minute or less.
>>
>>81422999
This movie is already a 8/10 to me. These deleted scenes will bring it to a 9/10 film

My only problem I had is that Kuze didn't have much to do apart from stating his vengeance and so if these deleted scenes actually are true, it will make the movie almost perfect and complete as a perfect anime live action standalone story
>>
>>81423199
>Was Borma even in it?
yeah but he again only had a very short cameo. Movie needs a sequel with more of Section 9

I understand this was an origin story so it is good that they didn't cram heaps of subplots in (imagine getting an extra 30 minutes of Section 9 going on a separate mission that has nothing related at all with HANKA. I am sure that wouldn't have fit).

They could easily do a sequel now with more of Section 9 since the lose ends of Major's origins have been cleared up.
>>
>>81423151
When I think of how the film goes, narrative-wise, it's like an inverse bell-curve. First act is very strong. Third act is very strong. Second act is a flat line.

WETA did phenomenal work, as always, on production design. Acting was very effective; not, like, great. But worked well. Visuals (save for one or two terrible CGI shots) are great. Music was good.

But to say it'd not flawed has to be denial. It's a solid 7, I think. I know /tv/ thinks that means it shit, but it's a good movie.

Shame it's not doing better, though, I agree.
>>
>>81423305
You know, it's uncanny how this movie's a ripoff of the Robocop reboot.

Robocop 2014:
>Alex Murphy gets transplanted into a robotic body by Omnicorp as a scientific experiment
>Gets his mind wiped for efficiency's sake
>Uncovers conspiracy behind the corporation
>Omnicorp tries to scrap him when he rediscovers his own identity thanks to his wife/son
>Dr. Norton saves him from being scrapped
>Works with his team to take down Omnicorp
>Omnicorp CEO sends his ED-209 tanks to take Robocop down
>CEO ends up being shot dead
>Robocop gets his body fixed and resumes duty

GITS:
>Motoko Kusanagi gets transplanted into a robotic body by Hanka as a scientific experiment
>Gets her mind wiped for efficiency's sake
>Uncovers conspiracy behind the corporation
>Hanka tries to scrap her when she rediscovers her own identity thanks to her mum
>Dr. Ouelet saves her from being scrapped
>Works with her team to take down Hanka
>Hanka CEO sends his spider tanks to take Major down
>CEO ends up being shot dead
>Major gets her body fixed and resumes duty
>>
>>81423576
GitS was so much more enjoyable and memorable than the Robocop reboot
>>
>>81423576
>Gets his mind wiped for efficiency's sake
Wait when does he gets his mind wiped? He remembers his son, wife etc compared to GitS where her whole past life is erased and replaced with false memories
>>
>>81423644
Memorable yes, enjoyable no.
Memorable bits:
-Aramaki speaking Japanese to everybody for some damn reason
-Major's lesbian scene "iz deez how real lips feelz"
-Major finding her mum "you western robot girl haz mai daughteru's eyez"
-you do not have mai consent
-SEND DA SPIDAR TANK
-1shot1kill1minute saitou
>>
>>81423683
He got his mind wiped just before the public unveiling, when he was downloading the PD's crime files and jammed up on his own explosion scene.
>>
>>81423738
>-Major's lesbian scene "iz deez how real lips feelz"
The kiss scene was removed so it wasn't a lesbian scene
>>
It's possible that when the BluRay releases, they will ad the deleted scenes

it happened with Suicide Squad, can't see why it can't happen with GITS
>>
>>81423787
Okay so if two girls go touching and stroking each other intimately without kissing, it ain't lesbian?
>>
>>81422869
There needed to be like an hour more of dialogue to properly develop characters and tie the plot together.

I felt like there was very little explanation for why things were happening, like they were trying to squish as much action and cool visuals in as possible.

Also the psychological/philosophical aspect was extremely shallow.

Also did they digitally shrink Johansson's boobs? What the fuck!

Overall the movie felt like a big tease. But, there are worse things than slick tease show.
>>
I think most people in here are notpicking a lot, the movie was good.
Shame /a/ is a moeshithole and usless to discuss the diferences.

But what do I know, I'm a co/ck/ that came here read some info on a movie my gf dragged me to see.
>>
>>81423738
Aramaki only spoke Japanese because the actor they got can't speak english. He's really popular in Japan, so is that women that played Motoko's mom. Who also can't speak english well. Now you see why they didn't cast many Japanese people in the movie.
>>
>>81423782
Not really, they just fucked with his dopamine levels or something, just to get him more cooperative.
>>
>>81423258
Opinions like these are why movies are currently so awful. You capeshit shills eat anything
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.