[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Satantango

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: satantangoposter.jpg (235KB, 1121x1600px) Image search: [Google]
satantangoposter.jpg
235KB, 1121x1600px
I just saw a screening of Satantango today followed by a short Q&A with Bela Tarr. I really liked it.

Has anyone else seen it?

Tarr explained how the cat torture scene was done and that the cat wasn't hurt at all.
>>
>>81415502
OMG LIFE IS SO CRUEL
>>
>>81415502
Meme movie.
>>
>>81415502
What's he like?
>>
>>81415502
I only watched two films of Bela Tarr, Werckmeister Harmonies and Damnation, the first one is one of my favorite movies of all time, I think it's wonderful. I couldn't get into Damnation that much but maybe I'll rewatch it sometime

I never saw Satatango mainly because of that cat torture scene, I'm okay with animal violence as long as it's not a real animal getting hurt but the cat is a real cat not a doll so fuck that
>>
You sat in a theater for 8 hours straight then stuck around after for an Q&A? Holy shit, I don't think I could do that for any movie.
>>
ive had this on my hdd for 3 years and havent managed to watch it
>>
>>81415502
im gonna need a quick rundown
>>
>>81415645
>>81417715
OMG LIFE IS SO TERRIBLE AND HUMANITY IS OUT FOR THEMSELVES WITH NO EXCEPTIONS! EVERYTHING IS BLEAK AND MEANINGLESS, FREEDOM IS A TERRIFYING THING TO STUPID PEOPLE, AND THE WORLD IS A COLD AND UNFORGIVING PLACE! LET ME DEMONSTRATE THIS BY HOLDING THE CAMERA ON THE DESOLATE BARREN WASTELAND AND THE PATHETIC MONGRELS WHO ARE THE CHARACTERS FOR MINUTES AND MINUTES AT A TIME AS THE AUDIENCE SHIFTS UNCOMFORTABLY UNDER THEIR GAZE! HA HA HA HA! I AM SUCH A GENIUS! THANK GOD I WASN'T PURGED BY STALIN OR ELSE I WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO SHARE THIS MASTERFUL VISION WITH THE WORLD! YES, YES, LOOK AT HOW SHE TORTURES THE CAT! IT IS A METAPHOR FOR THE CORRUPTION OF POWER! YES! POWER... CORRUPTION... HUMANITY SUCKS! NOW GIVE ME MORE MONEY TO FUND MY NEXT NIHILISTIC MASTERPIECE!
>>
>>81417766
*giggle*
>>
>>81417568
And over 300 others with me, believe it or not.

>>81417319
Humble. Very honest and unapologetic in his answers.

>>81417515
He explained that he's a huge animal lover and he's fond of cats in particular (he said he has owned cats his entire life) and that hurting an animal on film would make him a hypocrite regarding the film's themes. The scene was rehearsed for months (at first with a prop cat) so that they knew exactly how to move the cat without hurting it. If you watch the scene closely you can see that the girl never actually rolls over the cat. In the shot when the cat is ostensibly drowned they waited until the cat was asleep and then put its head into an empty bowl.
>>
>>81417766
ok i guess ill just delete it then
>>
>>81417894
Sounds like he killed it and is saving face.
>>
>>81415502
Cat had it coming.
>>
>>81415502
will watching this put my gf in the mood to have sex with me
>>
>>81418315
It will put both of you inthe moodto never have sex again with anyone ever.
>>
File: doctor.jpg (32KB, 763x451px) Image search: [Google]
doctor.jpg
32KB, 763x451px
>tfw the ending

is he gonna be okay bros?
>>
>>81418586
No.

Nobody is going to be okay.
>>
>>81418586
>tfw the doctor was shitposting before the Internet
>>
>>81415502
i'm so jelly rn desu
>>
This is the end of Фильм.
>>
>>81415502
>>81417515
>>81417766
>>81417894
>>81418235
Just how brutal is this cat scene?
>>
>>81419824
shes a pussy destroyer
>>
>>81419824
A little girl smashes the shit out of the cat, puts it in a net, and drowns it in rat poison.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.