[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Leftovers - Final Season

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 11

File: the leftovers.jpg (128KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
the leftovers.jpg
128KB, 1600x900px
Who here hyped as fuck for the return and the end of the GOAT?
>>
gonna be guuud
>>
>>81414458
Will the daughter suck my dick this season or should I not bother watching?
>>
i just want my waifu carrie coon to be happy :\
>>
File: miracle map.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
miracle map.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Reviews are saying it is amazing, Kevin Senior solo episode (3?) is supposedly great. I am so fucking hyped.

Best show of the decade easily imo
>>
>>81414917
>reviews
source?

>kevin senior solo episode happening
now i can't wait to see this.
he's my favourite recurring character, i feel like they really underused him, scott glenn is so fucking based.
i'd really like to know how his mental illnes (?) plays into kevin's superpowers. i feel like he had some sort of deceased person haunting him just like patti was haunting kevin...
>>
File: 1414642194444.jpg (131KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1414642194444.jpg
131KB, 640x640px
>>81414917
>the typos on this

Good job, HBO.
>>
File: leftovers_season_2.png (214KB, 610x302px) Image search: [Google]
leftovers_season_2.png
214KB, 610x302px
>>81415071
https://qz.com/953055/the-leftovers-creator-asked-critics-not-to-binge-the-new-season-but-it-was-too-good-not-to/

http://deadline.com/2017/04/the-leftovers-review-final-season-damon-lindelof-justin-theroux-hbo-video-1202061772/

http://www.indiewire.com/2017/04/the-leftovers-season-3-review-final-masterpiece-1201801201/

Time for that well deserved emmy.
>>
>>81414458
isnt this lost for retards?
>>
>>81415215
Look ma he posted it again!
>>
>>81415145
thanks!!
looks like leftovers will join the ranks of sopranos, the wire and mad men if they don't mess up season 3 but reading the early reviews it might even top season 2...
it's just sad that they only got three seasons by HBO, i feel like there was a lot more to explore. but on the other hand, less seasons mean less opportunity for lindelof to fuck it all up so maybe that's a good thing after all. at least they get to tell the whole story and didn't get cancelled midway through like Rome, Deadwood or Carnivale...
Season 2 was barely watched, not even a million viewers per episode so we can consider ourselves lucky that HBO didn't axe it.
What does HBO have left after Leftover ends though?
True Detective might not be happening again and i don't even want to talk about Game of Thrones...
the golden age of HBO is over after Leftover ends
>>
>>81415330
I agree HBO has really been slacking when it comes to quality television, I love The Leftovers, True Detective S1 and Boardwalk Empire (2 of which were both cut short) but, I guess they only care about cash cows and Westworld and Game Of Shit (best believe they will be doing spin-offs) will take care of that.

>True Detective might not be happening again
Pizza is working with David Milch on a script, so sounds pretty good so far.
>>
File: IMG_1808.png (882KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1808.png
882KB, 1280x800px
I'm going to miss it. Very re-watchable, though.
This scene. Damn. Who knew Timothy Bryce had it in him?
>>
>>81415440
i'm not sure if Pizza working together with Milch will produce something worthwile. both are stubborn alpha animals when it comes to their writing and i'm not sure how they're both going to compromise when creating scripts together.
i'm sure that milch won't be happy about Pizza's autistic monologues and hammy one liners like the ones vince vaughn had to say with a straight face...
Pizza's writing only worked because he had fantastic performers and a great visual component in the first season. without Fukunaga and McConaughey season 2 ended up being a mess and i don't think bringing in Milch will change anything.
HBO should just let it go and do David Fincher's Utopia Adaptation...
>>
>>81414458
Checking in.
HYPED.
Though, I dont think they'll top the end of S2. I just hope they can come close, and dont try something stupid like pulling a "post season 3" LOST by trying to explain everything.
I hope they leave a lot unexplained, because a lot of real life is usually left unexplained, so too should be this show.
>>
>>81415626
I think you should give Pizza some credit, season 1 had a great script which is part of the reason McConaughey and Woody signed on before HBO was even on board.

I do think they should go with one director doing the entire season though, part of the reason I think season 2 was mediocre compared to 1 was them using your run of the mill HBO directors instead of one director doing the entire thing and bringing his own style to it.
>>
>>81415758
i agree. his writing was a considerable part why the show was so succesful but i feel like he can't work well under stress or with a strict deadline. HBO admitted that they rushed him too much to finish season 2 as fast as possible to maintain the hype.
maybe he took a long hiatus after S2 to get some time and write good scripts without pressure-
the big question is, what prominent actor and what director will want to join season 3 after the mess of season 2?
i hope they can get walton goggins for s3, he's worked with HBO on vice principals recently so maybe there's a chance...
i'm not really optimistic about it desu...
>>
>>81415948
McConaughey seems keen on doing another season, if they went that route though I feel like there is no need for Woody to come back. It should just be pre season 1 Rust doing his thing infiltrating the cartel.
>>
File: alphaomega.jpg (236KB, 600x511px) Image search: [Google]
alphaomega.jpg
236KB, 600x511px
>>81415749
I also hope that they don't explain everything. I like being as confused as the characters, it's more engaging.
>>
So do we have any good guesses on whats going to happen this season? All I know is they somehow will go to Australia and something like a great flood may happen (both foreshadowed in S2E1 btw)
>>
>>81416225
nah, i'd like another season of Rust and Marty, only now they're trying to bring down the whole Tuttle-network and expose the cult... maybe Pizza can build in some Pizzagate references.
killing them in the end though, would be a great and pessimistic ending.
>>
>>81416334
I don't want to know. I've avoided the trailers. Knowing isn't fun.
>>
>>81416334
how did they foreshadow the flood? i remember kevin senior going to australia in the last season but what about the flood?
>>
>>81416378
There's a new trailer that mentions it.
>>
I finished s2 recently and it was fucking great. I can't wait for the 3rd season.
>>
File: yum!.jpg (144KB, 400x646px) Image search: [Google]
yum!.jpg
144KB, 400x646px
dat three piece set tho
>>
File: agnaorgj.png (459KB, 778x302px) Image search: [Google]
agnaorgj.png
459KB, 778x302px
>>81416378
There is this, Evie and Michael flooding the bathroom playing Moses, and Nora references Noah's Ark (not in episode 1).
>>
Eagerly waiting for more Jill. I don't even watch the show
>>
File: 1483679758982.png (278KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
1483679758982.png
278KB, 500x381px
>>81414808
God, iktfb
>>
>>81416368
I couldn't help myself
>>
>>81416368

Same. It's nice how movies and shows just release out of nowhere when you don't see any of the promotional material.
>>
can someone remind me where the plot is at with this right now, i have forgotten almost everything.

here is what i think happened
>people disappear
>hoodless smoking kkk people are cunts
>except some of them arent
>the chapter house gets burnt down and the daughter and mother are ... saved? (not sure this)

>que season two
>their is a place where no one has dissapeard, people visit it like a holy place and everyone in the town cashes in on it
>the people from s01 sell their shit and buy an expensive house there
>three girls disapear everyone loses their shit
>doctor who is caring for a comatosed woman, fucks her and tells everyone about it
>he is surprised when he is kicked out and she is pregnant
>turns out the girls where indoctrinated by the kkkunts and hiding
>something about a (maybe) fake bomb on the bride into town
>the all the hipis and hobos break into the town
>turns out doctor who didnt rape the coma woman she really did wake up

how did i do?
>>
>>81418198

pretty much
>>
File: leftovers.jpg (24KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
leftovers.jpg
24KB, 400x300px
>try to get my mom to watch this show with me
>she keeps asking what the deal with the GR is and I refuse to tell her
>she gets annoyed and stops watching
how'd i do bros
>>
>>81419911
Pleb filter'd
>>
File: IMG_1809.jpg (97KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1809.jpg
97KB, 1000x500px
>>81419911
Legit subs but you need to move yo ass out the house, Craig
>>
>>81416334
I read a little too much about the 3rd season than I wanted too and saw something about Kevin and Nora visiting Australia and meeting some David Byrne dude who has had similar experiences of dying and coming back to life I've been rewatching season 2 and that David guy is actually foreshadowed a lot
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.