[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

better than LOTR, so is the book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: comfy.png (2MB, 1918x1080px) Image search: [Google]
comfy.png
2MB, 1918x1080px
better than LOTR, so is the book
>>
It doesn't have Galadriel riverdancing in it does it
>>
>>81406707
so the Hobbit book is better than the Hobbit movie or the Hobbit book is better than LOTR the movie, or the book?

explain your autism.
>>
>>81406707
>when you realise the scenes using Tolkien dialogue are kino and teh rest is shit

really makes one imagine
>>
>>81408196
the hobbit movie is better than the lotr movies

the hobbit book is better than the lotr books

>>81408318
tfw no barrows wright scene...
>>
>>81408575

the hobbit book is for kids aged 5 to 10, of course you think its superior.
>>
>>81408832
it's for any age, Tolkien intended it to come across as a fable or myth and without it LoTR would not exist.
>>
I would watch a cooking with bilbo series
>>
>>81408832

I enjoy grandiose books and movies but sometimes it's better to side with something simpler.

The Hobbit just does what the LotR does, but it doesn't spend too much time on extravagance. It just tells the story.

Also, I'm not a fan of the songs in LotR
>>
>>81406707
Nope, Hobbit movies are huge shit
>>
File: 1466460760190.webm (3MB, 800x334px) Image search: [Google]
1466460760190.webm
3MB, 800x334px
> Imagine being Christopher Tolkien
> Father told you these stories as a child
> Brought the both of you closer together
> Entrusted his works to you after his death
> Continue his legacy and argue his legitimacy for decades
> See pic related

"Tolkien has become a monster, devoured by his own popularity and absorbed into the absurdity of our time. The chasm between the beauty and seriousness of the work, and what it has become, has overwhelmed me. The commercialization has reduced the aesthetic and philosophical impact of the creation to nothing. There is only one solution for me; to turn my head away.”
>>
File: 1412216606407s.jpg (6KB, 231x244px) Image search: [Google]
1412216606407s.jpg
6KB, 231x244px
>>81409624
>"There is only one solution for me; to turn my head away.”
>>
>>81409624

That seems a bit pretentious to me. It's not as thought he thought up all of his stories on his own.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nibelungenlied

He even names his characters Thorin, geez. not an original thought it his. he really is just a translator
>>
>>81409777

> bob dylan just uses folk melodies and forms; its not like he does anything original
>>
>>81409860
Every pentatonic chord progressions since Canon in D has been nauseating though. And people make fun of them.

Critics bash Christopher Paolini for ripping off LotR/Star Wars but Tolkien did the same thing
>>
>>81410022
>Critics bash Christopher Paolini for ripping off LotR/Star Wars but Tolkien did the same thing

Lifting entire aspects of a story is diffrent from adapting them to convey your own ethos.
>>
>>81410141

Is taking a the magic ring from Nibelungenlied just a nod or is it lifting an entire aspect?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.