[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looks decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: DigitaLazarus.jpg (406KB, 1837x1582px) Image search: [Google]
DigitaLazarus.jpg
406KB, 1837x1582px
People will complain about anything.
>>
>>81404922
Now post the webm
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (32KB, 243x605px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
32KB, 243x605px
>>81404922

>Tarkin

Why oh why didn't they just reuse Wayne Pygram (Scorpius from Farscape) as Tarkin. He would have been fucking fine, instead we got a weird CGI face next to non CGI people.
>>
File: 12345454.jpg (122KB, 1094x775px) Image search: [Google]
12345454.jpg
122KB, 1094x775px
>>81404922

>Leia

How did they fuck up this scene, all you needed was the dude to walk in and say

>Princess... the Transmission we received
>Leia walks up, facing away from us, looks down at the ...? Data wafer ? in her hand (still looking away)...
>What have they sent us?
Hope!

No need to see weird CGI face again
>>
>>81406017
Looks like Odo from Deep Space 9.
>>
>>81404922
I didn't notice these two were CGI but I also have actual autism
>>
>>81406017
The CGI looks more real than this dude's face
>>
File: Odo_Mirror02.jpg (32KB, 519x522px) Image search: [Google]
Odo_Mirror02.jpg
32KB, 519x522px
>>81406017
>>
>>81406103
I think what bothers me even more is that she turns around to say it. Like, just cut to her face, don't have her turn around and practically talk to the camera.
>>
>>81406239
but then how else will the audience connect the "HOPE" line to the heavily telegraphed lines about hope earlier in the movie? hope
>>
It does look much better on a smaller screen.
>>
>>81404922

lmao "decent". Literally looks like the CGI from 'Up'.
>>
>>81404922
The fact is they shouldn't of even been in the fucking movie. So combine that with them looking like statues and there's no redeeming qualities. If they were good characters instead it would be different.
>>
it boggles my mind that people complain the tarkin CGI isnt 100% indistinguishable from real life

what they did was AMAZING, they brought back an actor and actually gave him a fucking role as a villain! not just a cameo! amazing!
>>
I guess it makes sense in Star Wars since having cutting edge special effects has always been important to it. Even if they don't look that great.
Still, the stop motion props from Episode 5 looked way more real than anything in this movie. I know making fake people is harder but I'm counting the CGI x-wing scenes and the space battle too.

And I guess that if they didn't show their faces people would laugh at how they can't get them right. If they used different actors people would complain they don't look exactly like the original ones (especially since this takes place right before Episode 4).
>>
>>81404922
It looks passable in stills but when they talk the animation looks fake.
>>
>>81404922
i've met people who didnt know they where cg
>>
>>81406762
This. Star wars has always been about testing and innovating how movies use vfx. If they didn't at least attempt to do something new it wouldn't have been in the spirit of star wars. Yeah it looks bad but so did special edition jabba and stop-motion tauntauns. The point is they went for it and did something nobody else was brave enough to do.
>>
>>81406864
probably 12 year olds that have only grown up on this kind of terrible CGI.
>>
Tarkin wasn't necessary and more time should've been given to Krennic, who barely had any development on his own.
If anything Tarkin should've been referenced as someone who will take over the project if Krennic fails because the Emperor favors him.

Leia should not be in it. It was fine showing the blockade runner escaping.
>>
>>81406864
This is important, knowing they are always CGI in this movie (as opposed to for example having some real scenes and some CGI scenes of them in the same movie) makes us pay extra attention and look for the mistakes.
>>
>>81404922
Tarkin was an over-animated cartoon
Leia was alright, still blatantly CG though
>>
>>81405018
>he didn't watch Rogue One in theaters
>he saw a shitty cam release and thinks he has a proper say in judging the CGI
>>
>>81406103
They didn't even need to have her say anything.

Tarkin was fine,
>>
>>81406864
>>81406958
>>81407043
disney pls fuck off, the cgi faces were terrible
>>
>>81407270
Yeah you are right, I don't know why I'm defending them. I'm sure that even if I had never seen Star Wars I would have noticed that there was something weird about Tarkin talking like he constantly had something annoying stuck in his mouth gums. Or the sound effects person waiting until Leia opens her mouth to press the "hope.wav" button.
>>
>>81404922
Leia's was so bad Carrie Fisher died after seeing it.
>>
>>literally turned it off when Tarkin "spoke" & it looked worse than Mass Effect 2
>>
>>81404922
Show it in action.
>>
>>81407449
I should go.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.