[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horror Flicks Reccomendations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: giphy-4.gif (813KB, 250x267px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-4.gif
813KB, 250x267px
right can someone actually give me some actual creepy horrror scary flicks please?

conjuring 2 is fucking shit, the VVitch is fucking shit and so are what other meme movies you turds always bang on about..

give me some actually scary ones now plebs prove your worth here
>>
>>81399487
Dark Skies
Sinister 1&2
>>
>>81399487
Sinister made me scared to go outside but i was already like that
>>
horror doesn't have to be le scary

there's lots of types of horror movies

that being said, what kind of scary do you want? jumpscares or not? Jumpscares I could rec a fucking load of them. The more subtle, but still scary ones, are fewer.
>>
>>81399507
Dark skys really wasnt that scary to me. The aliums were stupid. I need to see signs.
>>
Martyrs made me feel really uneasy.
>>
>>81399507
thanks

>>81399535
either is good, jumpscares mostly but ones with creepy atmospheres..

The Witch started off good with its atmosphere, but fuck all happened and that annoyed me.
>>
>>81399487
The only horror movie that was even slightly scary was It Follows, and that was because of the message: you're going to die in real life and there's nothing you can do about it. Horror generally isn't scary because 24fps can't simulate reality accurately enough to let you forget that it's all fake. This isn't meant as a criticism of the genre. I wish it was all shot at 120fps+, but I still watch a lot of it.
>>
Complete strangers can't reliably suggest movies that are going to scare you. Fear is one of the most subjective and arbitrary emotions that people experience, which is why prevailing horror tropes usually do little more than scratch the surface for most of us.

I can recommend good horror movies - which is to say, movies with admirable technical qualities, unique and well-executed plots, or superlative performances - but in truth that just means they're good movies. The fact that they scared me has exactly zero bearing on whether or not they'll scare you, I might just get lucky and discover we have some overlap in things that disquiet us.

So go ask your friends, dipshit.
>>
>>81399568
Gotcha.

Noroi
Sinister (very flawed, but when it works, it works. The sequel is shit, don't bother with it)
REC (original or remake, they're both good but the original is better)
Shivers
Rabid (I think the 70s american horror movies have a grittiness to them that makes them more "realisitc", but that's just me)
>>
>>81399697
i dont have any friends, why else would i be here
>>
>>81399781
thanks buddy!!!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.