[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red Letter Media

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1382107530630.jpg (115KB, 919x720px)
1382107530630.jpg
115KB, 919x720px
Does Patreon generally improve or degrade an artists work over time?

You'll probably point to great artists who were supported by their wealthy patrons - and I'd point to the many starving artists who drew inspiration from their struggle.

What do you think?
>>
>>81396283
Why are you so obsessed with these idiots and their finances? Honestly, what the fuck is wrong with you? Stop aggravating the board with your bullshit, retard.
>>
>>81396283
100% degrade
>Pay them before they do work
>Expect more work because ???
>>
>>81396283
Patreon has never been used by artists.
>>
>You need to be a tortured soul who has to boil their own shoes to eat because they can't afford food to create art.

Poverty is a privilege.
>>
Detached gen x ethos

There was never art to begin with
>>
>>81396309
This man pays for using an anonymous imageboard for four years, of course he's conserned about other people's finances
>>
Get some real friends instead.
>>
>>81398401
People back in the day had patreons who gave them money to make shit. like with mozart who had no patreon in the end and died poor as shit.
>>
>>81396283
Good artist making money becomes a fraud and dies happy
Good artist not making money lives miserably and kills himself

All things considered, I think first option is slightly better
>>
File: 1413063206016.png (13KB, 640x712px)
1413063206016.png
13KB, 640x712px
>Pass user since 2013
>>
File: 1389562220763.jpg (55KB, 420x520px) Image search: [Google]
1389562220763.jpg
55KB, 420x520px
My "review" of Reddit Letter Media

>posting in a friend simulator thread
>idolizing an aging group of youtube vloggers from Milwaukee
>he gives his real-life "friends" money every month

Rich
>an unemployed construction worker, the trick monkey fraud of the group. knows two tricks: forced laughter and becoming violent. brava, rich! brava!

Jack
>a failed viral marketer with an ugly wife and children with terrible names ('myson packard?'). he knows he's the least popular cast member and desperately tries to fit in by making fun of reddit on stream

Mike
>an over-the-hill "director" weighed down by his talentless friends. only makes "ironically bad" videos because they're immune to criticism. his latest production 'Space Cop' has exposed him as a fraud and proved a spiritual and economic disaster. he will eventually go the route of orson welles, balloon up to 500 pounds and die at the ripe age of 50.

Jesse
>the curdling definition of a parasite. ditters on her phone while the men do all the hard work. got caught buying jewelry with actual Patreon money.

Jay
>the only cast member showing any self-improvement or growth. still has a long way to go, but has already outgrown RLM.

I like how Reddit Letter Media is a company founded upon criticism, insulting and berating others and their works, but HEAVEN FORBID that anyone criticize them! They'll even ban you from their stream if they catch a whiff of dissatisfaction. It's amazing how creatively lazy the group has become. They were better when they were a starving group. Now they can sit on their fat asses, drink beer and make fart jokes while you throw money at the screen. Amazing.
>>
>>81396627
Your'e not paying for work. You're donating because your'e a fan and want to see them continue to create.
>>
>I don't understand what a donation is: the thread
>>
>>81396283
Its a double edged sword that it allows creators room for comfort and the time and money to create more time consuming/higher risk projects but on the other hand encourages complacency and sometimes pandering to the Patreon followers (hello ClassicGameRoom)
>>
>>81396283
Not sure why I'm bothering to reply since I saw you make these same retarded shitposts yesterday but here goes anyway.

You're not "paying" RLM to improve their work. You're donating to support them to be able to continue creating the work you've already been enjoying. It's actually really simple but you have to complicate it with your autism soley so you can bitch.
>>
>>81396283
>Pass user since 2013
How pathetic
>>
>content creator has been making content for you to watch for free for X amount of years
>decide that they'd like to maybe make some money off of the thing that they've been doing for you
>You don't have to donate, you can still watch their shit free of charge if you want
>Their release schedule actually gets MORE consistent because they can now do this full-time
>"HOW DARE YOU MAKE A LIVING OFF OF ME EVEN THOUGH I DON'T CONTRIBUTE AND PROBABLY ALSO USE ADBLOCK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

kys
>>
>>81396283
>cuck giving Hiro welfare money complaining about RLM's Patreon

Is this an example of dramatic irony?
>>
File: 1487917186779.jpg (46KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1487917186779.jpg
46KB, 720x720px
>>81398559
>This man pays for using an anonymous imageboard for four years
>didn't even notice the 4chan pass stamp of shame
Just when I think OP can't get anymore autistic.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.