[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jorodowsky's Dune

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1284.jpg (32KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1284.jpg
32KB, 512x288px
Has /tv/ ever seen this documentary before? Is this the greatest kino never made?

>Jorodowsky's son as Paul
>David Carradine as Leto
>Salvador Dali as Emperor Shadam
>Orson Welles as Baron Harkonnen
>Mick Jagger as Feyd
>Udo Kier as Pieter
>O'Bannon and Giger on set design
>15 hours long

What did /v/ think?
>>
>discussed to death
>j was a cokefiend
>>
As a fan of the book I would have hated it for being a complete bastardization

As a fan of movies it could have been neat but it was pretty clear that Jodorowsky was going mad with power
>>
>Jodorowsky
>Hack

pick 2
>>
>>81391452
It's clear it would have been awful
>>
>>81391452
if you liked that documnetary you will like "the death of superman"
>>
File: 1491361909601.png (17KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
1491361909601.png
17KB, 650x650px
>fag spic didn't even read the book but just wanted to make a mockery of it because it is more dzielo than anything he could make.
It would be holy mountain tier dadaist trite
>>
>>81391452
No it was a pile of shit that only gets hyped up because everyone wants what they can never have.
>>
File: don.jpg (79KB, 421x325px) Image search: [Google]
don.jpg
79KB, 421x325px
>>81391452

He didn't even understand the book.

>spice pirates
>Leto getting all his arms and legs chopped off instead of expending his last breath in a futile attempt to kill the Baron
>"We are ALL Paul Muad'dib!"

At least Scott revived some of his cool Giger designs for Prometheus...
>>
>look at all these amazing storyboards and illustrations I had nothing to do with! am I not a FUCKING GENIUS?
This documentary is shit and Jodorowsky is shit
>>
>>81391614
>it was pretty clear that Jodorowsky was going mad with power

That's what can makes a great movies, anon.
>>
>>81392713
no thats what makes shitty moneypits
theres a reason nobody gave him the extra cash to finally be able to start
>>
File: Dune_Dog.jpg (266KB, 1175x685px) Image search: [Google]
Dune_Dog.jpg
266KB, 1175x685px
http://www.duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowskys-dune-uncovered/16

'In order to insult Duke Leto, David Carradine, Rabban the Beast gets his army, the Algerian army, to pull down their pants in front of the palace and shit. So there's going to be a scene of 2,000 extras defecating at once. So here's Charlotte Rampling, she agrees to meet with Jodo, she gets the script, she reads the script, and she says, "I can't be in a movie where there's 2,000 extras defecating on screen!" '

jodo confirmed for poo fetish
>>
>>81391452
Why do all these adaptations want an old fuck as the emperor? The book clearly said he didn't look aged at at. I couldn't stand when Lynch's Dune opened with him being a weak old man, subservient to the guild. Turned it off there and then.
>>
>>81391452
I love the documentary and some of his ideas and the artwork, but anybody who thinks that would've been a good dune movie is delusional
>>
>>81391452
jodorowsky is a fucking hack, he dont even read the book, he only want to rape the thing

david lynch did a great job
>>
It would have stood alongside such films as Flash Gordon and Zardoz as bizarre coke-fuelled curios filled with big stars who cant actually act.

When I think of Jodo's Dune, I'm immediately sideswiped into the realisation that it would just be a Beatles movie set in space, just with more midgets and shit and cum.
>>
>>81393695
hot take
>>
>>81393641

according to the Dune Encyclopedia Shaddam IV was born in 10134, and Paul was born in 10175, so he was only around fifty-five when the events in Dune took place. also he was full of Melange, being at the top of the food chain he could afford it, so he probably looked a lot younger.
>>
>>81393756
when i heard that he wanted to "rape the story.. with love", i wanted to take one of his most beloved properties - perhaps the Incal, or the Jealous God or the Madwoman of the Sacred Heart - and make an incredibly shitty youtube quality version with hideous falsetto voices and sockpuppets, using actual dirty socks. and if he complained, tell him we wanted to rape the story. with love.
>>
>>81393758
are you retarded?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.