[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Your Name

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 12

File: Your mom.jpg (2MB, 2067x1377px) Image search: [Google]
Your mom.jpg
2MB, 2067x1377px
Trendy meme or worth seeing in theaters?

Also are they enforcing the singles policy with this one?
>>
>>81381302
a japanese meme so it's shit
>>
>>81381359
ok, how about someone who's seen it?
>>
Best animated movie of 2016.
>>
>>81382072
this
great art, great music, great story
>>
Imagine being a person with actual taste in that board and having to be all like "damn, /a/, you fuckin' fine, all on-topic with your moeshit and current season discussion. I would totally spend time here, both as anon and the real me." when all he really wants to do is watch another classic series. Like seriously imagine having to be a person with taste and not only refresh that board while /a/utists flaunt their disgusting MAL profiles in front of you, the thousands of series barely concealing their lack of taste and preference for sophomoric crap, and just sit there, refresh after refresh, hour after hour, while they kept circlejerking. Not only having to tolerate their monstrous fucking taste but their haughty attitude as everyone in that board tells them they STILL GOT IT and DAMN, /a/ POSTS LIKE *THAT*?? because they're not the ones who have to sit there and watch their sweaty fucking hands contort into types of shitposts you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been watching nothing but a healthy diet of classics and later alleged cult series for your ENTIRE POST HISTORY coming straight out of tokyotosho. You've never even seen anything this fucking disgusting before, and now you swear you can taste the sweat that's breaking out on their dimpled stomach as they pretend to be little girls, replying suggestively at you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to sit there and revel in their "on topic (for that is what they call it)" waifu discussion, the waifu they worked so hard for, watching thousands upon thousands of shit in the previous months. And then someone starts another thread, and you know you could kill every single person in this board before the FBI could track you down, but you sit there and endure, because you're a person with actual taste. You're not going to lose your temper over this. Just bear it. Hide your face and bear it.
>>
>>81382093
I just had some worries, hard to believe a body swap story is so good.
>>
>>81381302
you're*
>>
File: 1479638853376.jpg (479KB, 2000x1834px) Image search: [Google]
1479638853376.jpg
479KB, 2000x1834px
>>81383316
>tfw to intelligent for grammer
>>
I want to see it in the theater, but fucking terrible Funimation doesn't put it in a theater anywhere near me. God, they fucking suck.
>>
>>81381302

>/tv/ unironically watches shitty hollywood films in theater
>avoids Kimi no Kino because it's "weeb shit" even though it's one of the most acclaimed anime of this decade
>>
>>81384158
At least for me, i'm an adult. So I am understandably cautious about watching "acclaimed anime"
>>
File: 1474161919610.jpg (38KB, 898x886px) Image search: [Google]
1474161919610.jpg
38KB, 898x886px
ok ok Just finished Your Name.

Good, but not better than 5cm per second. Truly there's nothing that can surpass that masterpiece.

If you normies haven't watched 5cm per second, download it right now. It kicks Your Name in the butt so hard that you won't even care about it never again.
>>
>>81381302
I just got back from watching it in theaters by myself. It was beautiful. I cried. Ignore the fags here and do yourself a favor and see it in theaters when you have the chance. I may even go back and see it again.
>>
>>81384158
>watching a romcom

what kind of normie do you take me for?
>>
The movie was excellent, in my opinion. I watched it in cinemas with subs and my thoughts are that the visuals of the movie are fantastic. I don't think there is one shot that feels cheap or rushed. It all looks fantastic. The music, too, is phenomenal. The soundtrack is definitely worth a listen after you've watched it. At times the story got a bit out there, but it still worked and the emotional scenes worked REALLY well and paid off a lot of the time.

There is a lot of humour in it too, but not too much and nothing too anime-y to turn someone off that doesn't really like anime.

It's pretty good, you should watch it in a theatre if you get the chance.
>>
>>81384251
I guess I didn't cry because I already watched Shinkai Makoto's masterpiece: 5cm per second.

It's superior in every way. I guess he will never top it.
>>
>>81384227
>He watched it on his shitty monitor in his bedroom on a shit rip

How about you leave your bedroom, go to a theatre and watch it how it was meant to be watched? The visual might impress you then, you little faggot
>>
>>81384227
If I can find a quality torrent i'll check it out asap. Hoping to god its English dubbed.
>>
>>81381302
This is the first time I've heard of this but it's by the guy who did Voices of a Distant Star so I'll definitely be checking it out
>>
File: 1460100077663.png (11KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1460100077663.png
11KB, 420x420px
>it's a "/tv/ does a better job at discussing anime than /a/" episode

My favorite.
>>
>>81384227
Reporting back, I cant find a torrent so best I just forget about it. How'd you watch it?
>>
The visuals were excellent. Visual > story in this movie for me
>>
File: 1487166755527.png (2MB, 830x1184px) Image search: [Google]
1487166755527.png
2MB, 830x1184px
>>81381302
worth seeing
>>81382072
>>81382093
yeah unless you count in this corner of the world
>>81382372
it's really only the premise it's not really a body swap story all the body swap shenanigans are covered in a short montage and a spinoff novel which goes into more detail on those stories
>>
File: 1490854412072.jpg (144KB, 905x1046px) Image search: [Google]
1490854412072.jpg
144KB, 905x1046px
>>81384668
>rec
>spoiler for rec
>>
>>81384427
1.Go to www.nyaa.se
2. In the search box at the top look for
>5 Centimeters Per Second
3. Sort by seeders.

There are two options, the one with most seeders (and the one I downloaded): "THORA".
And then you have the "lleur" version with only 5 seeders.

Good luck.
>>
>>81384227
>>81384290

I don't get it. Why do you people even compare Your Name to 5cm/s or other shinkai films for that matter?

It's not like we compare Stalker to Andrei Rublev. Both are worth the watch and it doesn't matter if you think one is better than the other.
>>
Absolute meme trash that even the director agrees is trash
>>
>>81384427
>>81384726
By the way, only the version done by "lleur" comes with english dub.
>>
>>81384748
The themes are similar (finding "that" person and young love) and done by the same guy, so the comparisons are there for a reason.

5cm is godtier and the end crushed me, no gay.
>>
>>81384759
why do you do this
>>
>>81384726
>>81384761
Thank you tons, im going straight for the first one. I wanted the dub but im more snobby over quality than subtitles.
>>
>>81382141
10/10
>>
File: image.jpg (97KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
97KB, 1334x750px
Mitsuha is for _____?

https://youtu.be/owFQKBqfEWE
>>
>>81382141
Real talk this is a very real problem with /a/

/a/ is so fucking up tight in keepin to 4chan roots its actually lost sight and become like any other forum, /a/a is boring and I dont get anything out of the discussion.

I mean the majority of modern anime is shit so I get it reflects on the board, the only kind of man who can keep up season to season anime in this fucking state of the industry must be a real piece of work
>>
File: pleb.jpg (64KB, 855x477px) Image search: [Google]
pleb.jpg
64KB, 855x477px
>>81384844
Because hes a hack and even he agrees that he is
>>
>>81384819
Filmmaker's explore the same themes over and over in their entire oeuvre. Maybe for (you) one has resonated more than the other. It's not always the case for the others so there's no point in comparing, really.
>>
It is definitely worth seeing. You gotta realize these days everything could become a meme. Especially when it's as popular as your name. If spirited away came out today, people would meme it in the same sort of way.
>>
It's definitely good and worth a watch. Just for the animation alone.

It's definitely not the best anime movie of all time like reddit says.

It's perfect movie for a date, will get you laid.
>>
>>81384985
I left /a/ like 3 years ago, and to be honest it's no different from reddit right now. But thanks to that I get into other hobbies (boards) and also realised how shitty /a/ was for real.
>>
Watched it today, very beautiful film I had a good time.
>>
File: yourname1.jpg (275KB, 1222x1136px) Image search: [Google]
yourname1.jpg
275KB, 1222x1136px
It's good
>>
>>81385195
If anyone is going to see this, don't click this. It's better if you experience the film blind.
>>
>>81385143
>it's no different from reddit right now
You left a reddit board to come to a reddit board?? 3 years ago was the height of the invasion too
wtf are you a redditor?
>>
>>81385081
I saw it alone but didn't get laid :(
>>
>>81385267
you needed to recline your seat first
>>
>>81385222
>>81385195
so they're not in the same timeline and one of them dies or something before they meet?
>>
File: 550686.jpg (651KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
550686.jpg
651KB, 1920x1080px
>>81381302
This director is consistently fantastic.
Children Who Chase Lost Voices is probably his most underrated movie, and I loved it. Felt a lot like Castle in the Sky or Nausicaa in a very good way.
I'm not sure about Your Name, but I'm sure it deserves all the praise it gets.
>>
File: shinkai keitai.jpg (2MB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
shinkai keitai.jpg
2MB, 1920x1280px
>>81385567
>Children Who Chase Lost Voices is probably his most underrated movie
the place promised in our early days is the most underrated, children who chase lost voices tried too hard to do the ghibli thing and ran out of steam
your name kinda does the same but a change of tempo makes sense for the story
all of his films are pretty down tempo though
>>
>>81385482
Just see it for yourself. But if you really want to know, She's 2 years older than the main guy and when they switch bodies, it's 2 years apart from the year they're from. The body switching stops one day and he discovers that her town was completely levelled by a meteor shower. He manages to switch bodies again and changes the past, saving the town and her. However, they lose their memories of each other. A few years later, they're go past each other while they're on a train, try to find each other (they don't know who each other are, but they feel their love for each other still) and manage to reunite, asking each other "Kimi no na wa"/"Your name?" while crying because they just feel those feelings.
>>
>>81385664
>tried too hard to do the ghibli thing and ran out of steam

That's just, like, your opinion, man. It was a good adventure that was as magnificently animated as the rest of his work.
>>
>>81381302
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHU56GWuNWk
worth seeing on kissanime where you don't have to pay for it.
It's incredibly slight, but way better than Garden of Words
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.