[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Thing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 8

File: v1.jpg (21KB, 206x305px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
21KB, 206x305px
What's your opinion of the movie "The Thing"
John Carpenters version ofc
>>
It's shit.
>>
File: Outpost31.jpg (118KB, 1100x800px) Image search: [Google]
Outpost31.jpg
118KB, 1100x800px
Amazing collative movie. Is supposed to be a psychological sci-fi horror, is genuinely a story boarded master piece of cinema however because Carpenter spent so much time planning it and the attention to detail is still incredible.

It's a mystery movie with an incredible replay value. I still love rewatching the movie whenever i'm able to catch it airing.
>>
>>81380424
Good movie but one of the most insufferable group of fans to ever surround it.
>>
>>81380424
Kurt Russ is incredibly handsome and I like him as an actor. I even like him as snake foreskin.

Also
>Le practical effects
Meme has merit, and the general atmosphere of isolation and paranoia is comfy.
>>
It's really enjoyable, although worth mentioning I'm also a Kurt Russell fag. Story is good, very Carpenter-typical location choices, effects also hold up shockingly well.
>>
i just realized the creature was a metaphor for how (you know who) spreads through civilizations and ruins them by taking over

(YOU KNOW WHO), you goys
>>
>>81380633
You mean (((())))?
>>
>>81380424
Best horror movie on ALOT of levels.

Every thing holds up.

The music?
The characters?
The monster?
The setting?
The effects on everything?
The mystery?

It's quintessentially the BEST creature feature possible. The only 'bad' thing is a couple of things that create double fuck ups like Childs supposedly not breathing in the final scene when he clearly does but Carpenter stating it's obvious he was the Thing because of the clothing change and the breathing.
>>
>>81380424
Only the best movie ever made
>>
>>81380424
Thoroughly average and unremarkable movie, just like everything else this board goes nuts over.
>>
File: tv discusses The Thing.jpg (412KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
tv discusses The Thing.jpg
412KB, 800x533px
>>81380424
contrarians will say its not good because we're on 4chan
>>
File: voodoo.jpg (100KB, 312x231px) Image search: [Google]
voodoo.jpg
100KB, 312x231px
>>
File: Childs - The Thing.png (230KB, 891x375px) Image search: [Google]
Childs - The Thing.png
230KB, 891x375px
>>81381207
It's a crock of shit.
>>
>>81380785
Makes you a murderer, don't it?
>>
>>81380424
Genuinely my favourite film of all time, can't even defend it, some films just grab you, I can't think of a single film that handles isolation and fear much better than it.

Blade Runner is my second favourite film for similar reasons.
>>
>>81380424
Like Aliens, we hate it now.
>>
File: They-Live.jpg (158KB, 1212x864px) Image search: [Google]
They-Live.jpg
158KB, 1212x864px
>>81380424
The Thing or They Live

Pick a side, the battle is on.
>>
File: 1488127405864.jpg (300KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1488127405864.jpg
300KB, 1440x810px
>>81381415
Both movies are about (((Them))).
>>
File: tips fedora.jpg (159KB, 700x609px)
tips fedora.jpg
159KB, 700x609px
>>81380633
>>81381446
*tips fedora*
>>
>>81380424
I was thinking about prince of darkness today and it occurred to me that it almost seems like a really straight faced satire of the thing
carpenter would totally do something like that too, it seemed like he spent a lot of time passive aggressively giving his studios the finger
>>
>>81382444
what do you mean?
>>
>>81382645
its pretty similar in structure, like, serious story beats juxtaposed with character interactions, but instead of the thing, both are really watered down with limited and much less effective involvement by an already ambiguous antagonist and one dimensional quip spewing characters respectively. carpenter's tight directing is still pretty palpable but the actual effect is seriously stifled. almost seems like an impersonation, actually, though it's too tight, so it just comes off as cynical. i liked the vhs segments though, thought it could've used more shit like that
>>
>>81382832
I just love the fact that there exists a movie where Alice Cooper plays a bum and kills someone with a bicycle.
>>
>>81380424
nuttttttttt/10

one of the best movies that gets better with additional viewings. If I told you why I would be spoiling it. Also anything with john carpenter and kurt russel is GOAT.
>>
>>81383025
except for Escape from L.A.
>>
>>81382997
My secret biggest gripe is that they didn't elaborate on that
>>
>>81380424
I hate horror and I think The Thing is a masterpiece.
>>
>>81380833
Dubs of truth not even samefagging my own post. Anyone who says they don't like it is being contrarian.

In fact fuck it I dare them to come up with concise and specific criticism outside of personal "i dont like X about it" because the movie is so goddamn good and stands on its own and while I'm not the only one who would defend it I don't really have to since it's such a goddamn good movie.
>>
>>81383040
shhhhhhhhhh

a numba won duke of new york
>>
>>81380424
Was it Childs that was infected, or was it implied that they both were in the end?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.