[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hear the memes about Dredd being such a good movie and it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: clan techie.jpg (99KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
clan techie.jpg
99KB, 500x500px
>Hear the memes about Dredd being such a good movie and it's a travesty that it will never get a sequel because it bombed
>Decide to watch the movie with no prior knowledge of the comics, previous films, or generally anything about Judge Dredd
>It's a great self contained action movie with 10/10 style and aesthetic, a simple straightforward plot, cool characters, and a fun atmosphere that still takes itself somewhat seriously
>Story is basically just a badass futuristic fascist cop taking on small sub sectors of a criminal hive, no end of the world scenarios, no massive setpieces, no monsters or aliens, just cops and criminals
>Disappointed when the credits roll because I know that it bombed and there won't be any more of it in the future
>Decide to look up what was actually planned if it was successful
>A fucking immortal zombie Judge created by magical witches from another dimension tries to destroy the Earth
>Dredd travels through alternate universes and meets aliens and time wizards and mutated monsters and other convoluted shit
>A fucking crossover film taking place in Gotham City
>Netflix TV series about side characters

I know that the source material has all of that crazy shit too but Dredd was going to turn into a cinematic universe tier abortion of oversaturation and retarded shit. My favorite part of the movie was how simple it was and these planned sequels would have retroactively ruined that atmosphere. I'm glad Dredd will go down as just a self contained dystopian cop kino, it's good that it never got a sequel.
>>
File: image.jpg (161KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161KB, 1024x768px
The judgement on Gotham crossover comic is great though.
But yeah I agree those ideas are too out there. They should have introduced the dark judges. Judge death would be great for a sequel
>>
File: 0006.png (228KB, 780x469px) Image search: [Google]
0006.png
228KB, 780x469px
>>81378308
There is nothing wrong with Judge Death, he is the arch-nemesis of Judge Anderson as well as Dredd.
>>
>>81378382
Shit I read OP wrong I thought it said zombie version of Dredd.
>>
File: Chopper.png (328KB, 720x536px) Image search: [Google]
Chopper.png
328KB, 720x536px
>>81378382
I wanted to see Marlon Shakespeare.
UnAmerican Graffiti is considered one of the essential Judge Dredd stories.
>>
>>81378308
It's the best action movie ever made for no money in a room three feet square.
>>
>>81378398
Wouldn't judge Mortis and judge death be the same thing?
>>
>>81378398
Are there any dredd stories that came out in color? I'm getting all the collections and they're in black and white, which is fine but I don't want to miss out by getting certain stories "decolorized" since marvel comics did that at times
>>
>>81378308
>implying you don't want to watch Judge Dredd send aliens, time wizards and mutated monsters to the isocubes..
>>
File: Nemesis_Purity_2.png (231KB, 406x710px) Image search: [Google]
Nemesis_Purity_2.png
231KB, 406x710px
>>81378518
Its hard to remember but I don't think so, I have a vague recollection maybe Dredd would be partly coloured sometimes (not all the pages). I read it in the late 80s/90s.
>>
>>81378308
The girl was so hot I don't even care.
>>
>>81379501
Bi..
Eeh... Nah
>>
>>81378308
2000 AD isn't nearly as serious or realistic as Dredd so thats really why.
>>
>>81379501
I agree anon, I have no idea why.
>>
>>81380985
Her image and character added 80% to it.
>>
>>81378308
the best about the Dredd movie is that it's a movie about a bad ass cop, with a trainee, doing a drug bust in a building. And that's it. And that's why I can watch it a thousand times.
Another weird thing about the movie? 3D is a fuckign meme and just bait for normies and way too often abused and misused. Dredd does a good job on showing how a movie can have 3D and not be an unwatchable piece of shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKtad9DGxrw
>>
>>81378508
Mortis is more like plague, at least in the game...I have the comics on the side but it's been a while since I read them

They're all technically death, it's just death is just by touch rather than fear, fire or whatever.
>>
>>81378308
Dredd looks like shit, but
Writing > Visuals
>>
>>81378308
No, they wanted Dredd 2 to be about Judge Dred traversing the Cursed Earth and 3 to be about the Dark Judges. And that's all they planned.
>>
>>81378508
in the comics, before Mortis became a dark Judge he was a huge fanboy of Judge Death. When he became a Dark Judge ne named himself Mortis as an homage to Death.
>>
>>81378398
i had this issue in 1981 or 2. The splash page of Dredd was usually in colour, the rest in glorious b&w
>>
>>81381238
>Dredd does a good job on showing how a movie can have 3D and not be an unwatchable piece of shit
THIS 500%. I saw Avatar in 3D and you keep forgetting it's 3D, or you get annoyed by it. A good story can hold people's attention acted out by sock puppets, the limit to graphics is very low. Those slo-mo scenes were perfectly placed within a well paced movie, Urban was pitch perfect as Dredd, not one syllable of campy toughness or too much sensitivity, he got it right.
I think the mystery ingredient here might be love, somebody involved grew up on this stuff and managed to bring the love to the production.
Good story well told, will watch again and again.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.