[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is entertainment actually a dying industry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1491600367324.jpg (68KB, 960x671px) Image search: [Google]
1491600367324.jpg
68KB, 960x671px
Is entertainment actually a dying industry?
>>
Lots of people will be dying when this guy becomes the president if you know what I mean
>>
>>81377806
Just the medium of tv.
>>
>>81377806
Too many agendas op. People are getting sick of stronk wymin with their black co stars etc.
>>
It's already dead. Online piracy killed it.
>>
>>81377806
No, it's not. Dumb question.

Any other answer is stupid
>>
>>81378477

Is it even possible to have a woman as a lead without people perceiving some kind of agenda behind it and being turned off? To me the biggest disappointment that a movie like Aliens wouldn't succeed today because of how turned off everyone is to female leads.
>>
>>81377806
It moved on to the internet. Lower overall production costs, easier marketing, easier distribution (and worldwide), much lower artificial barriers of entry, virtually no taxes, ...
In fact I'm still surprised traditional media are even trying anymore. I guess people born before 1985 will never completely phase out so there is still two to three decades of cash grab in them.
>>
Entertainment as a concept is literally pre-homo sapien shit, we're never going to not get bored
The entertainment industry as it stands will crumble in time but all that does it turn the clock back, a new industry will be built on its foundations and eventually that too will fail, it cycles like that
League of Assassins shit
>>
>>81379801
The only people that can't handle female leads are the spergs on /tv/ that freak out the second there isn't a white male lead that they can relate themselves to
>>
>>81380122
Not true, all the four assumptions. Typical ledditor
>>
>>81377806

Shrinking, not dying. There will always be a need for new material, but the ease of access to old material will drastically reduce demand for new shit.

Basically, when the sequel/prequel/reboot/remake/adaptation bubble bursts, the old media entertainment industry will become niche. TV and film consumption will revolve almost exclusively around the acquisition and exercise of broadcasting rights. New films and tv will be few and far between while internet content and video games becomes the primary source of new media content.
>>
>>81380210
Fuck off with the reddit comment, never even go on the site and it's cringy when you guys use it as insults.

With that said did you forget ghostbusters 2016 and force awakens. Yeah ghost busters sucked but it wasn't for the fact of it being female leads, and this site nearly had a breakdown the second they announced it because of the female leads
>>
>>81380438
True, I'm sorry, I was probably mistaken.

You sound way more like a tumblr faggot. Neck yourself
>>
File: IMG_1142.jpg (78KB, 431x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1142.jpg
78KB, 431x450px
>>81380530
Lol
>>
>>81379801

Silence of Mah lambs. The chans would like it for like a week but then hate it when it became popular.
>>
>>81379801
>>81379801
I'm sick of skinny tiny females that tv execs pretend can twat a bunch of huge men.
>>
>>81380433
What this guy said.
>>
>>81380438

If they had been actually good actresses it would have been fine, but it was obvious dogshit from the casting since it's just another SNL cast studio comedy which none of the charm of the original.
>>
File: 1466209400339.jpg (122KB, 551x625px) Image search: [Google]
1466209400339.jpg
122KB, 551x625px
>>81377937

The wound was self inflicted. That's what Sony gets for giving so much power to a Jew feminist with an agenda.

>Sony puts Amy Pascal in charge of shit
>Amy is a die hard Jew Feminst with agendas to promote.
>Amy whats to create a super here film with empowered woman
>She weasels Ghostbuster away from it's real director and than the fag hag hands it over to the most fem director in Hollywood so he can create Chickbusteres

>It could have worked but actual film turned out to be shit since Paul the director knows nothing about the fans or franchise.

>Threatens to sue Bill Murray if he doesn't do a cameo in the film.

>Trailer sucks
>Men and Woman world wide hate it.
>Blame it on internet trolls and 40 year old virgins.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.