[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Billions thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: billions.jpg (211KB, 618x412px) Image search: [Google]
billions.jpg
211KB, 618x412px
>Cast two of the best actors working today
>Still manage to fuck it up
can we talk about this show? what went wrong?
>>
>>81373239
Can you give me a quick jogdown on this show?
>>
>>81373288
Lewis is a hedge-fund CEO "Ax" fighting off an overly enthusiastic, borderline suicidal government official Giamatti trying to bring him down for corruption. Meanwhile Giamatti's wife works for Ax and failing to be neutral in the fight.
>>
>>81373288
The hero we need locks up wall steet filth. Well tries to anyways.
>>
I watched season 1 and loved it. I've only seen episode 1 of S2 and it looked promising. Without revealing too much, what made it bad for you?
>>
File: gonzo journalist.jpg (62KB, 427x600px) Image search: [Google]
gonzo journalist.jpg
62KB, 427x600px
>>81373239
Tries way too hard to be edgy. Does a few things right but between pandering to current liberal social pushes and attempts at being shocking, it makes a mess of itself.
>>
>>81373239
Well in real life it's about a crafty billionaire jew and a poorfag Pajeet going to legal war with each other but nope lets make both leads cis white males but to make sure we're progressive as fuck lets cast a lesbian as fuck lesbian who pretends she doesn't have a vagina because she's too pussy to actually be trans.
>>
>>81374030
This, Season 1 was somewhat decent, but season 2 is complete shitfest.
>>
>>81373239
What always goes wrong. The writing was average at best.
>>
The secondary actors arent embracing the characters or the charscters arent written well. I think the writting needs work. Like get writer. One thats not everybodies friend. He is just a good writer. Keep soames forstye, the wife, and black chick. Maybe recast everyone else.
I like the politics so keep that angle.
>>
This show is so off-putting. The story is really interesting and the visuals and music are all good but all of the major characters are unlikeable pricks. It's like they're writing a show for rich Long Island douchebags to get pumped up to the "go get em tiger, you're a shark, capitalism bro!" speeches every episode while still having the facade of being against capitalism. If you want to do an intense, no holds barred story like they did in Whiplash, you need a more sympathetic protagonist and a more enjoyable villain.
>>
The writing needs a lot of work but I myself have no idea how to fix it. The characters are all just so horrible. And not in the Wolf of Wall Street way. Just in a fuck these people way. All of them. On every side. Everyone.
>>
It's great fuck off. Needs more bdsm-kino from season one -- weird how that's been swept under the rug.
>>
>>81375325
It is great. The ambiguity of the 2 main characters is a big plus.

As to the bdsm, Giamatti's character gets most of the ass-kicking his psyche needs by life kicking his ass.
>>
>>81374898
neither paul giamatti nor sgt. brody are villains though. they are both anti heroes.

>If you want to do an intense, no holds barred story like they did in Whiplash
what makes you think they are trying to do that? it's a fairly conventional serial drama with an ensemble cast and various story lines. it's nothing like whiplash.
>>
File: Eskmo_Pic_1295956544[1].jpg (217KB, 648x432px) Image search: [Google]
Eskmo_Pic_1295956544[1].jpg
217KB, 648x432px
All I know about this is my boy Eskmo does the scoring.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.