[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did /tv/ hate Too Many Cooks? Please explain without using

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 1481892725289.png (163KB, 421x236px) Image search: [Google]
1481892725289.png
163KB, 421x236px
Why did /tv/ hate Too Many Cooks?

Please explain without using the word "Reddit."
>>
leddit
>>
It stole the idea from Madtv
>>
entirely earnestly: it's not a meme and can't be chopped up then made into a meme then regurgitated for months
>>
it's funny and the sequences near the end are creative and well-done but it's way too long and repetitive
>>
>>81373019
Pretentious garbage
>>
>>81373019
because it's popular and 4chan is contrarian
>>
>>81373141
This, fun concept but too fucking long and tiring
>>
>>81373019

Flash in the pan popularity is the only reason we're talking about it. It was a forced meme on television. Also >>81373141.
>>
This House Has People In It was miles better
>>
I liked it but then I saw other people like it so I hated it.
>>
>>81373141
The joke doesn't work if it's not long and repetitive though.
>>
File: B_EoUtCUQAAlfUE.jpg (31KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
B_EoUtCUQAAlfUE.jpg
31KB, 600x338px
It has best girl.
>>
The blonde with no shirt on was hot.
>>
Too Many Cooks is a short genetically engineered to appeal to imdbspawn redditors with no sense of sophistication who laud meme dialog, which supports upvote groupthink mentality, and meme acting with a good movie pandering reddit tier meta capeshit "entertainment" sensibilities and a meme tv movie aesthetic
>>
>>81373019
it's a meme show taylor made for reddit
>>
File: but all my stuff is there.png (178KB, 1094x1024px) Image search: [Google]
but all my stuff is there.png
178KB, 1094x1024px
>>81373222
ah, the /tv/ markov chain bot is functioning better than intended
>>
>>81373216
her mouth is mass effect sara tier
>>
is nice but i'll never watch it again
>>
/tv/ has an irrational hatred for anything [adult swim]
it's probably a contrarian reaction to loving adult swim shit as kids and then becoming 18 and thinking man i can't like that cool shit anymore i gotta be a rebel i gotta be me i gotta do what the people on 4chan tell me to do
>>
/tv/ thought it had too many cooks.
>>
>>81373019
>without using the word "Reddit."

Why? This is a rare case where "reddit" is the best word to describe it.

It was something mildly amusing that got spammed and run into the ground until it was no longer funny and just plain annoying. That describes reddit and its "original content" perfectly.
>>
But I loved it. I've seen it several times. It's brilliant.
>>
>>81373019
I don't get it, why didn't they just fire some of the cooks if they had too many?
>>
>>81373991
Unions and government regulations
>>
>>81373943
BANE?
>>
This board and /v/ are the only boards I know that are obsessed with Reddit. I never see Reddit mentioned on any other boards.
>>
>>81374117
/tv/ and /v/ are the two boards with the lowest IQ, that might explain it.
>>
Not enough Alan Resnick.
>>
>>81373273
>That filename

Noice
>>
>>81373019
tryhard "LOL SO RANDUMB" trash
>>
>>81373234
>Show
So you don't actually know what this is?
>>
>>81374074
Baneposting is still funny for some reason. I think it's just the overall absurdity and the fact that nobody really gets it until they get it. It never really held any ground with people outside of 4chan users, even if half those users are crossposting scum.
>>
>>81373234
>show

Damn nigga people really do just shitpost about things that had no idea even existed before seeing a thread.

>taylor made

kek
>>
>>81373019
It's spoiled the brothe
>>
They don't like it because it took the piss out of their precious twin peaks with "muh large cast of interesting characters" and "muh BOB"
>>
>>81374162
>not /mlpol/
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.