[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is David Mamet the only good conservative filmmaker (as well

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: David_Mamet.jpg (1MB, 1037x1600px) Image search: [Google]
David_Mamet.jpg
1MB, 1037x1600px
Is David Mamet the only good conservative filmmaker (as well as author/playwright as well)?

pls dont span this thread with Glengarry Glen Ross quotes
>>
>>81358585
No, check out Sokurov and Bogdanovich.
>>
I think Werner Herzog is a far-right conservative who just likes playing devil's advocate.
>>
>>81358585
abc

a, always
b, be
c, rebecca pidgeon
>>
>>81358636
literally me
>>
>>81358585
>playwright

well only libcucks would write faggy plays in the first place
>>
>>81358585
how can you say hes conservative when most of his work was done when he wasnt one??

this is a man who discovered conservatism and then went on to write Redbelt
>>
what's the name of that hairline
>>
>>81358738
>Redbelt
I never heard of this but it looks fucking cool.
>>
>>81358778
His earlier works were very good in comparison
>>
>>81358738
>implying one of his most acclaimed plays, Oleanna, written in 1992, isn't red-pilled as fuck
>>
He's not much of a conservative, he thinks he has all the answers just because he discovered babby's first conservatism
>>
Glengarry Glen Ross is my favorite film. What are other essential Mamet films?
>>
>>81358878
All of them
>>
>>81358824
as far as googling can produce, he was not a conservatism until as recently as 2008 before he came out in his piece for the village voice. Also this is a film and tv board not /lit/.
>>
Fuck you, this threads for closers
>>
>>81358926
>hasn't seen or even read Oleanna
>relies on Google's first page of search results which are determined by the number of other sites which link to those pages to provide him with truth
>>
>>81358878
as writer-director:
House of Games
Homicide
Oleanna
The Spanish Prisoner
State and Main
Heist
Spartan

as writer only:
The Verdict
The Untouchables
Wag the Dog (co-writer)
Ronin (under a pseudonym)
Edmond
>>
>>81359047
Oh. I've seen all of those and only like Glengarry Glen Ross. Guess Mamet is shit after all.

Sorry for bothering you.
>>
>>81359021
yes I use google, the best search engine available unless you have another great option for searching the internet

maybe i will also use wikipedia

and there isnt much connection between oleanna and conservatism as far as i can tell
>>
>>81358585
Too bad he was a Democrat when he did all of his good works.
>>
>>81359118
maybe you should also use your brain
>>
>>81359142
you talk like someone who neither understands the internet or david mamet
>>
>>81358824
but aren't you supposed to sorta sympathize with the girl in the first half of the film? if anything, it's mostly about power dynamics and its abuses, inherent selfishness, and the gulf that hinders communication between those with power and those without (though i'm sure the depiction of the disingenuous nature of the PC crusade, as way only to seize social and cultural power and not a tool of justice, is certainly intentional, its secondary)
>>
>>81359169
I got an A- in Internetworking and TCP/IP and also directed five Mamet plays. What are your credentials for internet understanding and mamet understanding?
>>
>>81359075
>he didn't like House of Games
that was a fun movie
>>
>>81359240
do you also setup the modem at david mamets house?
>>
>>81359313
do you honestly believe that one needs to personally know david mamet to direct a play of his? holy shit have you ever even stepped foot in a theater?

I am embarrassed for you right now.
>>
>>81359362
>theater
it's "theatre"

have you ever stepped into one?
>>
>>81359362
top kek
>>
>He is known for his pro-Israel positions; in his book The Secret Knowledge he claimed that "Israelis would like to live in peace within their borders; the Arabs would like to kill them all."[23]
>>
>>81358585
he looks like Manuel fereiras twin brother what the fuck
>>
>>81359690
>Jews move into barren desert only used as crossing ground by ignorant nomads
>make fruit and vegetables the size of basketballs grow there
>suddenly there are property disputes
>League settles it post-war
>every surrounding nation gangs up and decides to attack
>every surrounding nation gets BTFO
Fuck anyone who is anti-Israel.
>>
>>81359794
Good goy
>>
>>81359382
no, dumbass

>"theater" is the building where they present "theatre"

now go read a book
>>
Mamet is a god tier filmmaker

happy for this thread

check out Homicide
>>
>>81358824
Exactly.

>>81358926
To me, he was an obvious conservative for years before that, just didn't want to take the risk and make the break. I remember reading a New Yorker profile of him and being 90% sure he was a conservative deceiving himself or keeping quiet about it, and that's when I was far-left.
>>
>>81358824
Same thing with Speed the Plow. Looks like it might go all feminist then it swerves back into guys being guys.
>>
>>81359212
No, you're never meant to sympathize with the girl. The girl is a monster.
>>
>>81358585
>good conservative filmmaker
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>81359949
She's not a monster, she's a stupid cunt who's being taken advantage of by her "group"
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.