[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old, or new?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 58

File: 1491517931481.jpg (81KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491517931481.jpg
81KB, 800x600px
Old, or new?
>>
>>81349420
Always Tim Curry
>>
>>81349420
New one looks a little too edgy imo, but hopefully the movie is good
>>
>>81349420
Old. Tim Curry is a legend and the new one falls into a category of tryhard that only horror movies can even approach. New Pennywise is the JasonX of Jasons (thematically).
>>
>>81349420

Curry's is closer to how he was described in the book, not to mention much creepier looking. The new one likes like it was brainstormed by some edgelord try-hard, barely even looks like a clown.
>>
>>81349420
Old, without a doubt. The new is cringy.
>>
>>81349420
Haven't heard the new one talk yet. Can't really say yet.
>>
>>81349649
>but hopefully the movie is good

You're a huge optimist you know
>>
Old,?
I want to critique the movie for my own personal reasons.

Clowns mildly scare me.
>>
>>81349420
Nu-Pennywise looks like he's wearing a dress.
>>
>>81350053
Remember that one scene with Stan and his bird book and he goes into the house and sees pennywise in oldclown costume wrapped in gauzes or something. That's what they were going for.
Someone screen shot my post.
Not even kidding around or joking.
>>
Neither of them have the sex scene so neither.
>>
>>81349420
Going by designs, they're both good in their own ways.

1990's was a simple but effective party clown and it was reflected in Curry's performance. Whereas the 2017's emphasize the age of It as a creature hence the old-fashioned clown suit. The new suit also does a great job of showing off the creepy lanky proportions of the actor portraying Pennywise.
>>
>>81349420
I think the original was a little more uh

How do you say

SUBTLE
>>
>>81350227
This is Pepsi Marketing division tier rationalizing something bad as good.
>>
the ending in the original movie was so bad. I hope they go in a different direction for the new one.
>>
>>81349420

Neither

IT wasn't even good
>>
>>81350227
>they're both good in their own ways.

No.

One is good, the other is bad. There's no two ways about it.
>>
File: IMG_2824.jpg (70KB, 554x812px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2824.jpg
70KB, 554x812px
>>81349929
>The new one likes like it was brainstormed by some edgelord try-hard, barely even looks like a clown.

>>81350290
Not an argument.
>>
>>81350320
Fine, 1990s Pennywise is a boring circus clown and 2017s Pennywise is a creepy and original old fashioned clown.
>>
I don't care for the old one that much, but holy shit does the new one look stupid. I get they're going for crazy horror clown but he looks like an edgy retard. Those buck teeth are going to make me laugh whenever he smiles in the movie. His outfit is pretty bland for a clown too. Mostly though I can't see him saying all the stupid jokes it says in the book. I just see him trying to be super edgy.
>>
File: John_Wayne_Gacy_Pogo_the_clown.jpg (44KB, 432x679px) Image search: [Google]
John_Wayne_Gacy_Pogo_the_clown.jpg
44KB, 432x679px
>>81350381
If my memory is correct, the whole "It" story takes place in the end of the 50´s, clowns looked more like the Tim Curry Pennywise back then; the 2017 Pennywise looks like a clown from like a 150 years ago or more, in other words, ilogical to the time of the story
>>
Is there a name for when they try to make a character look more menacing by having them tilt their head downward while looking straight ahead?

Every time I see it I want to puke and automatically assume the director is a hack.
>>
It is a shit no matter what.
>>
Apparently the costume designer was going for an older style of clown partly to show how long IT has been doing what he does. Still looks too obviously mincing, the creepy thing about the curry version is that he looks like a regular clown at a first glance.
>>
>>81349420
Why is he making that stupid face? Is it supposed to look scary?
>>
>>81349420
The old Pennywise was creepy on a more subtle level.
>>
>>81350608
Just because it is temporally innacurate doesn't make it necessarily bad.
>>
>>81349420
i loved the original show and pennywise.
havent seen the new show, but the design of pennywise is awfull.
>>
>>81350673
the kubrick stare ot even the norman bates stare.
>>
>>81351057
Yes it does. Categorically so.

If SR-71 Blackbirds or AC-130's were in a WWI film it would make the movie bad, the decision to make the planes that bad, it makes everything bad.
>>
>>81350608
The 2017 script specifically says he's a 18th century clown. So it was planned from the get go for him to look like that. In the book he's described as being a cross between Bozo and Ronald Mcdonald.
>>
>>81351099
Fuck, thank you anon.
>>
>>81349420
why is the left on in a dress? does IT identify as a clowness now?
>>
>>81351178
We're talking about an ancient abomination unknown by mankind that can take any form it wants on Earth to instill fear on its victims. It's not like It wants to fit in wherever it goes. It takes the appearance of a clown, because there are people who are scared by them, and It naturally wants to evoke the scariest elements of clowns from any era. 18th century clown visuals just happen to provide the most of them for its look.
>>
>>81351422
welcome m8
and checked.
>>
hes suposed to look like a clown not bald joker in a dress
>>
>>81351546
>It's not like It wants to fit in wherever it goes.
Confirmed for retard. That is actually the expressed interest of It. It took the form of a clown to get close to the kids without the parents getting (penny)wise. It was terror in plain sight.

You know who is already scared of clowns? kids. You know is normally isn't? adults. So why not look like a mostly innocuous clown that the parents won't think twice about but will put the kids in a fear state instantly. Remember he feeds on the fear.

If its goal was just to kill indiscriminately why doesn't it just stay in the drider form always and turn into something microscopic as its about to be caught? because that isn't his goal. His goal is to amass just the right type of terror and fear he wants to sustain himself. So he finds a way to get close to kids, his favorite meal, without alerting the adults. If new Pennywise shows up at some kids birthday, nope out ensues. Old Pennywise does and he gets let in. Simple as that.

You thematically don't understand the concept that It draws from.
>>
>>81350988

All "sophisticated" opinions in this thread converted into one honest sentence.

If the lighting and the pose were different, they'd have nothing to say.
>>
>>81349420
I don't like being a faggot about source material but the person who designed Pennywise did not read IT.
>>
>>81351823
But it isn't different, this is the tone they have chosen to set, AND show the consumer.
Remember, everything would be good if it wasn't bad.
This is bad. And should rightfully be ascribed as such.
>>
File: 1980s-mens-fashion.jpg (41KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
1980s-mens-fashion.jpg
41KB, 600x300px
>>81351057
True, but considering that it´s kind of specific in the story, a lot would be dissapointed, and again, it would be kind of illogical, like when they changed the Spider-man costume in "Amazing Spiderman", there was not a good reason to do that, and in the second one, guess what happened? They bring a new costume more accurate to the source material; with Pennywise is the same thing

>>81351348
It doesn´t have to much sense to change his looks, imagine that there´s a novel about a guy who meets a group of guys, and years later, they make a movie about it, but, the group of guys have a 1980´s fashion while the rest of the world is wearing 2017 clothes, does that makes sense to you?
>>
>>81351823
Nope. Costume is still wrong and makeup is far too sinister.
>>
File: IMG_3395.png (1KB, 302x112px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3395.png
1KB, 302x112px
>>81351920
Since when were there intelligent people on this site?
>>
>>81351956
omg this yaasssssss
>>
>>81351920
Church.
>>
>>81352005
Truth hurts when you're a brainlet kid
>>
>>81349420
right looks more scary
hollywood needs to learn about color theory or maybe they do but are too lazy
the one on the left doesnt look scary because its already made scary
the one on the right has color has life so its less expected when he acts demonic
>>
>>81352005
Are you being sarcastic, or you an actual tumblrrite
>>
>>81352040
this! thank you anon!
>>
>>81349420
>strange victorian clown in an american suburb doing a "badass" villian pose
>cheap clown costume reminiscent of a clown pedophile who stalks children

right one is so much better
>>
>>81349929

>closer to the book

Curry's hair is red, not orange. The suit isn't silver and there's no big blue tie.

The new one actually is a little closer and has a retro look while suggesting It's true, Spider nature

These threads are all bullshit anyway. They are taking promotional, "look at how scary this is!" Images versus every single moment from the Curry version
>>
>>81349420
Original Pennywise looks like an autistic psychopath and is unsettling as fuck.

New Pennywise looks like every other generic villain in the past 20 years, plus a clown costume.
>>
>>81349420
I don't know, guys. The new one looks dark, nihilistic with a wicked sense of humor
>>
>>81352083
>Go into something knowing it will be a Sisyphean struggle getting people on board with your decision
>act astounded when it doesn't work
Whoddathunkit
>>
>>81349420
edgy, desaturated look, trying too hard to be scary, cheap use of the Kubrick stare.
Is it even a contest?
Curry wins by default, better luck next time.
Everything else in the new trailer was a-ok hopefully will be good
>>
>>81349420
you can't top Tim Curry, but the new guy might be ok if he makes it his own character.
>>
>>81352209

They don't care about all the internet autists. They want Jerome to take his girlfriend
>>
Haven't watched the Tim Curry one and I will neither watch the new one
Fuck your Stephen King bullshit
>>
File: it-bill-skarsgaard-pennywise[1].jpg (31KB, 620x392px) Image search: [Google]
it-bill-skarsgaard-pennywise[1].jpg
31KB, 620x392px
so scary
>>
>>81349420
I'M THE FIRESTARTER

TWISTED FIRESTARTER.
>>
>>81352543
Which they won't do. Black people don't fuck with clowns. I don't mean they unnerve them or are scary. They don't fuck with clowns. Its a whole different level. I've seen black people leave places clowns are the same way white people leave when blacks show up.
They aren't going to go into the theatre to see it.

Also it has white people in it.
>>
>>81352386
OW AH AH AH AH
>>
File: dyElYPN[1].jpg (574KB, 4189x2793px) Image search: [Google]
dyElYPN[1].jpg
574KB, 4189x2793px
whoooooo
>>
>>81352083
>It's true, Spider nature
That was not It's true form, that was just the most a human could comprehend of It.
>>
>Story about a transcendent, reality-bending cosmic monstrosity older than the universe itself who literally lives in a sea of human feces and spends all his time fucking around with an insignificant group of nobodies from a small town in increasingly ridiculous, oblique, and comical ways
Does it really matter what the clown looks like when the premise is this fucking retarded?
>>
>>81352652
>>81352667
>nobody's posted it yet
I'm disappointed in you, tv
>>
File: it end shot.png (234KB, 750x300px) Image search: [Google]
it end shot.png
234KB, 750x300px
>>81352770
What kind of ending shot was this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u6KXFN9dIg
>>
>>81352612
that forehead
>>
>>81349420
main issue with the new clown is that hes scary to children, and his main target is children. Adults can identify that both characters are demented and untrustworthy, but even a kid can tell the left clown isn't good news.
>>
>>81352612
IF I SEE THAT FUCKING CLOWN ONE MORE TIME...
>>
>>81349420
Clown doesn't matter it only appears for maybe 10 mins of the whole movie. Now the drider better be cool as fucking hell because the last one was kinda shitty.
>>
File: 1479949196292.gif (2MB, 330x166px) Image search: [Google]
1479949196292.gif
2MB, 330x166px
>>81352865
>Now the drider better be cool
back to /tg/ with you
>>
>>81351753
>So why not look like a mostly innocuous clown that the parents won't think twice about
Isn't it one of the major points of Pennywise that he's only visible to the people he chooses to appear to? His forms are just arbitrary or they conform to his victim's fears. Blending in doesn't matter, he can fully manipulate people's perceptions to his pleasing.
>>
What's the ideal spoopy laughing clown sound, /tv?
>>
>>81352854
Yeah I said this in another thread. Any kid over the age of like 3 would know to stay away from the new one. Tim Curry had bright colours and a more innocent look that kids could trust imo
>>
File: jerome.jpg (37KB, 740x437px) Image search: [Google]
jerome.jpg
37KB, 740x437px
>>81352986
He legit looks like the not-joker from gotham
>>
>>81352865
>Implying the clown isn't the form he's in for most of the times we see him
>>
File: DriderShoulders.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
DriderShoulders.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>81352941
Even King confirmed it was a drider. Thanks for keeping up. The Spider vs Drider Wars of 2016 are over, Driders won.
2017 is the year of the Drider
>>
>>81353040
Yes, he has the most screen time around 10 mins.
But there are several other scenes as the werewolf, paul bunyan, the leper, and lil georgie. Then when they fight him in the sewers his drider form gets revealed after they spray him with ... well, I won't expose that bit but it's not an inhaler this time around.
>>
>>81352962
The only reason he is "invisible" to the people he doesn't want to feed on is because to them he doesn't look terrifying. He isn't invisible or ethereal, you just don't notice it. And his forms are anything BUT arbitrary. They are crafted expertly for the niche he supports - fear eating.

He is always there, but yes each person will only see a representation of what he wants to exude. What he appears as is directly related to who he wants to feed on. Children fear clowns so its good, adults typically aren't, so its also good.

He still has to actually be there to feed though, so he still has to actually be physical (relatively).
>>
File: Cringeknot.jpg (243KB, 993x623px) Image search: [Google]
Cringeknot.jpg
243KB, 993x623px
>>
>>81353036
They tried so hard to make it scary when the whole point of what made it scary was that deep down it shouldn't really be scary in the first place. It's just a normal clown to kids but it's unnerving to see a clown stare at you or laugh at you. Having IT run at you like a screeching baboon isn't
>>
File: it stormdrain.png (428KB, 866x367px) Image search: [Google]
it stormdrain.png
428KB, 866x367px
The new one is better, duh. In the trailer stormdrain scene he has a bashful cutesie smile and looks child-like instead of a 40 year old fat pedophile. His voice in this scene will no doubt be more along the lines of "perfectly reasonable" than "40 packs a day - piss in my mouth". I think there's another photo where his eyes change from yellow to blue, if so that's a nice detail.
>>
>>81353172
Perfect.
>>
>>81353157
>mfw being this stupid
He is an ILLUSION.
He's not a physical character.
The drider is hidden in the sewers and he gets the kids by luring or chasing them to sewer openings. Just like the shower drain scene in the original.
>>
>>81353192
This version isn't a clown. It's meant to look like one of those porcelain clown dolls kids had as toys. Which use to be rather popular and are rather creepy looking.
>>
>>81353157
>The only reason he is "invisible" to the people he doesn't want to feed on is because to them he doesn't look terrifying. He isn't invisible or ethereal, you just don't notice it.
Then how the hell do you explain the scene where Richie is in the library and Pennywise summons like a hundred fucking balloons filled with blood and screams dumb jokes at the top of his lungs?

Or every other fucking part where weird, unwordly shit happens and no one notices but one of the protagonists?
>>
>>81350324

this is creepier than either movie

wtf
>>
>>81353192
I mean look at this great scene https://youtu.be/OPdDdC4go6c?t=20s. He tries to reel him and then shows his true colours once he has him. In the new trailer he already looks fucking evil, like straight off the bat he's got that bucktoothed grin on his face
>>
It gets more weaker when people dont fear it. So its logical that it wants to hide in some small town.
>>
>>81352673
We all float down here Georgie
>>
Are people even *really* afraid of clowns? It seems like just something people do to get attention or look cute. Every time I see somebody acting afraid of clowns it's some basic bitch, and everyone she's with is eating it up.

Bunch of bullshit if you ask me. How are clowns scary in the least bit?
>>
File: peppywise.png (33KB, 340x233px) Image search: [Google]
peppywise.png
33KB, 340x233px
>mfw they fuck up the clown from the get go
>>
>>81353215
His eyes are probably already blue, bub.
>>
>>81350934
If that was the goal then they should have made him up to look like this guy >>81350324

They just tried too hard to make him an evil clown instead of just making a regular clown, which is evil by default.
>>
>>81353314
Down here we all REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81353262
>>81353220
I'll elaborate. It's methods are tailored, the illusion is tailored. TO THE VICTIM he is physically there or else the effect wouldn't really have an affectation. No one else experiences it because THEY AREN'T THE INTENDED VICTIM.

That all loops back to why he appears as a clown, and not a terrible movie version that would scare a child and would never have them engage IT. Just a mostly normal unsettling clown.

I still explained it poorly this time around and won't bother replying.
>>
File: scary.jpg (78KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
scary.jpg
78KB, 600x600px
>>81353398
REEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81353475
> No one else experiences it because THEY AREN'T THE INTENDED VICTIM.
Okay, so it's exactly what I fucking said. He only appears to those he chooses. Are you retarded or something? It's not that difficult of a concept to grasp or explain.
>>
>>81353311
No one is "afraid" of clowns. They are unsettled by them. Be unsettled by something can be a deeper level of terror than just fear. Fear is just being scared. To be unsettled you have to understand even the most minutely that something is "off" about a thing. It presents itself earnestly as a thing it isn't and you know it isn't, but it keeps up the facade. That creates a level of unease that goes way deeper than being scared.

Its more primal. Clowns just fill a niche of weirdness that shouldn't exist. They are a fabrication of an adult mind (which cannot think like a child anymore) to try and placate a child mind (that cannot think like an adult yet). It lends itself to a juxtaposition of misunderstanding of intention. Thats the entire crux of it.
>>
>>81349420
I haven't seen the movie so it's not fair to judge but basing purely off the trailer it feels like 2017's It (the character not the movie itself) goes for jump scares over Curry's more subtle mind games and unnerving.

Either should work given the premise of this being a Lovecraftian fear feeding monster from beyond reckoning. My usual gripe with jump scare ghosts and demons in modern stories is they lack rationale for wasting time scaring people and moving furniture and shit.
>>
Some Curry Pennywise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQHs8HPGGyw
>>
>>81349420
Reminder that the director of True Detective season 1 was dropped from the project because he wanted to make a psychological horror film instead of a slasher movie with a clown.
>>
File: well_eyeroll-facebookJumbo[1].jpg (90KB, 1050x549px) Image search: [Google]
well_eyeroll-facebookJumbo[1].jpg
90KB, 1050x549px
>>81353624
>It's a "creepypasta reading internet dweeb explains the concept of the Uncanny Valley like it's exceptionally profound" episode
>>
>>81353624
Not trying to sound gay or anything but you are very good at writing/explaining things.

I can understand being unsettled by them, but do you think the people who scream and cower like retards when they see a picture of a clown are doing it sincerely, or purely for attention?

I'm of course not talking about people with a phobia of clowns. I have a phobia of moths and butterflies and there's objectively no reason to be afraid of either one.
>>
>>81353809
God damn it.
>>
>new Pennywise is a literal twink

i-is it b-bad that i f-find him qt, /tv/?
>>
>"Fukunaga clashed with the studio and didn't want to compromise his artistic vision in the wake of budget cuts by New Line, which greenlit the first film at $30 million. However, Fukunaga maintained that wasn't the case; with him stating he had bigger disagreements with New Line over the direction of the story: "I was trying to make an unconventional horror film. It didn't fit into the algorithm of what they knew they could spend and make money back on based on not offending their standard genre audience." He made mention that the budget was perfectly fine, as well as his desire to make Pennywise more than just the clown.

Insidious jumpscare-fest confirmed.
>>
File: FUC.jpg (23KB, 283x316px) Image search: [Google]
FUC.jpg
23KB, 283x316px
>>81353809
WHY
>>
>>81353624
I like your second paragraph but clowns are still retardedly not scary, creepy, or unsettling to me

I can nearly shit my pants while watching other horror things, though
>>
>>81353809
JUST
>>
>>81349420

Neither. They both suck shit.
>>
>>81349420
New one's hair looks off. Also it looks like he's wearing a victorian era dress.
>>
>>81353974
>>81353939
>>81353845
>>81353809
The gook's script sucked ass and even now they're using parts of it in the movie.
>>
>>81353822
He didn't understand, he directly expressed the notion that he cannot understand the concept. I elaborated and directly answered his Why? question. Presumably, he (>>81353843) was thankful. Eat shit.

>>81353843
a mixture of both. They understand people are afraid of them for aforementioned reasons and understand that it is well founded. So even if they aren't outright terrified they get the approximation of what they "should" feel. So yeah, they are on some level doing it for attention, but their attention seeking is in an attempt to relate the human condition to who ever they are doing it to so they shouldn't really be admonished for it.
>>
>>81349420
New one looks like Chucky.
>>
File: tim-curry-as-it-in-the-rain.jpg (149KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
tim-curry-as-it-in-the-rain.jpg
149KB, 700x933px
All these clowns lost like tears in the rain ...
>>
File: kino ending.png (94KB, 480x205px) Image search: [Google]
kino ending.png
94KB, 480x205px
>>81352829
The best kind
>>
File: berries-and-cream.jpg (43KB, 700x397px) Image search: [Google]
berries-and-cream.jpg
43KB, 700x397px
He's a little lad who loves berries and cream!
>>
>>81353904
dat lazy eye
>>
>>81350673
It's the "Chin Down, Eyes Up"
https://youtu.be/z9dg8PI2sEg
>>
File: enhanced-18618-1412373039-3.jpg (61KB, 419x625px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-18618-1412373039-3.jpg
61KB, 419x625px
>>81353396
There are vintage clowns that have a similar costume to new Pennywise.
>>
>>81354146
He has strabismus.
Maybe that's why they picked him.
>>
>>81353475
You're an idiot. Literally the only character he drew in with the Pennywise guise was George Denbrough. Every other time he appeared to someone it was in a terrifying form (including the clown) so that their fear would make the meat taste better. Stop pretending to know what you're talking about.
>>
>>81352055
Is this a serious question, or are you a 10-year-old newfag?
>>
File: Pennywise.jpg (95KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pennywise.jpg
95KB, 600x600px
Why do people think they're making Pennywise try hard scary? He's more eerie looking, especially with how tall he is.
>>
>>81352652
wrong book
>>
>>81354387
Wait, what?
Wasn't this based on Cujo?
>>
File: Firestarter_novel[1].jpg (42KB, 297x450px) Image search: [Google]
Firestarter_novel[1].jpg
42KB, 297x450px
>>81354404
>>
>>81354345
Look at his face, it's constantly trying hard to be scary. Every single pic we've seen of him he's got the same stupid expression
>>
>>81354453
it was a joke.
>>
>>81354345
Jesus that fucking Kubrick stare is cringe as fuck. How cliche can you get?
>>
>>81353843
>Not trying to sound gay or anything but you are very good at writing/explaining things.
No homo, but I have friends that are male.
>>
File: that fucking clown.jpg (93KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
that fucking clown.jpg
93KB, 500x531px
>>81354492
He's just showing off his silly big forehead and buck teeth
>>
File: 3.jpg (125KB, 639x603px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
125KB, 639x603px
>>81354345
I still see image related.
>>
>>81354569
Fuck you, guy. How about I come over there and suck you off, see how you like that you fuckin faggot?
>>
>>81354585
He still looks like a fucking teenager with a halloween costume to me. This design blows.
>>
>>81354597
Such a good scene tho.
>>
>>81354601
I triple dog dare you, bitch. I bet you're too much of a little queer to even finger my asshole lmao
>>
>>81350324
>>81350608
something about a fatter guy dressed as a clown makes it much more eerie to me.

I think my ideal Pennywise would be played by a fat working class boston irishman
>>
File: AHS.jpg (50KB, 768x384px) Image search: [Google]
AHS.jpg
50KB, 768x384px
>>81349420
While Pennywise on the left is obviously garbagio, does anyone find Twisty from AHS to be pretty scary?
>>
>>81354635
You're such a fuckin homo bro I bet you'd even get a boner when I put your dick in my mouth you goddamn fairy fruitcake.
>>
>>81354727
Fuck, no, do you really find that edgy shit scary?
AHS is crap past the first season.
>>
>>81354770
>edgy
There's that buzzword again.
>>
>>81354727
Twisty is even more tryhard than 2017 Pennywise.
>>
>>81354832
>le big 'creepy' smile
>cuts, superposed skin
>blood
>dirty clothles
>faded colors
What isn't egdy about this? He's literally a Slipknot character.
>>
>>81354601
Bob Grey will blow you for a time.
Fifteen cents for overtime.
>>
>>81349420
>People giving the new clown look shit.
>Even though he will make some pretty funny jokes during the movie to throw you off guard.
Notice his teeth are crooked, he looks goofy really.

Also
>They are going to show Pennywise tearing off the kids arm and part of his upper body.
Its a hard fuckin R.
>>
>>81354886
Literally anything in a horror story could be described as "edgy." It's as idiotic a criticism as you can have concerning that genre.
>>
>>81354770
>>81354876
I actually haven't even watched AHS, but idk his edginess works more than nu pennywise for some reason. I have no idea if the actor playing him is awful though, or they do something to really make him overly edgy.
>>
>>81354991
I don't think you know what edgy means.
And we're talking designs here, not the story per se.

Faggot.
>>
>>81355035
>but idk his edginess works more than nu pennywise for some reason
The mouth in AHS doesn't even move. Are you trolling or did a weird looking Swedish guy stuff you in a locker?
>>
>>81355036
And how did any of the things you listed count as cutting edge? Think before you type, doofus.
>>
>>81349420
Pennywise gimmick was that he looked like any normal clown. Thus kids trusted him and dropped their guard. Curry looks like a legit goofy clown at times. New version is pure "nope" if you saw him as a child. Looks way to menacing and creepy for a kid to allow him to get remotely close.
>>
>>81355078
gritty is the word you're looking for, you stupid idiot, it's right fucking there.
>>
>>81355089
>Thus kids trusted him and dropped their guard.
Name one kid besides Georgie who dropped their guard around him.
You can't.
Every single time It appeared to a kid it was to drive them out of their mind with terror to make them taste better when It devoured them. And yes, that's including Pennywise. In every other scene he appeared in besides the prologue, Pennywise was creepy or outright terrifying.
>walking across a frozen lake
>mouth full of razor blade teeth that shredded his face
>mixed with some other monster guise, such as the mummy or the leper
This meme is really getting out of hand around here, and I'm not even a fan of the new design.
>>
>I'm not sure the kids today will be able to take this old franchise seriously, what do we do?
>DESATURATE EVERYTHING
>>
>>81350320
only a sith deals in absolutes
>>
>>81353809
reminder that his script was terrible and changed a bunhc of shit for no reason other than self-insertion

fase it fukus a hack and true detectives was carried by rust and woody
>>
>>81353080
SEMEN?
>>
>>81355388
pizzalotto was the hack tho, look at how bad s2 was
>>
>>81354007
>The gook's script sucked ass

What are you talking about, this shit is GOLD, Jerry. GOLD!
>>
>>81355623
Link to based gooks script?
>>
>>81349420
Old. New looks like he's trying so hard to look evil. When you see someone trying hard to be edgy like that they just look like autistic fags. The old looks like a freak trying to hide his psychotic rage.
>>
File: This script.jpg (69KB, 739x491px) Image search: [Google]
This script.jpg
69KB, 739x491px
>>81355388
>fukus a hack

GOLD!

>everybody laughs
>>
>>81355787
wat
>>
>>81355691
Don't have it anymore, anon.
>>
File: Hot garbage.jpg (82KB, 1004x491px) Image search: [Google]
Hot garbage.jpg
82KB, 1004x491px
>>81355824
Grrrrrl pwwwwwrrrrr, that's what!
>>
File: Mom's Spaghetti.jpg (130KB, 757x505px) Image search: [Google]
Mom's Spaghetti.jpg
130KB, 757x505px
>>81355719
>When you see someone trying hard to be edgy like that they just look like autistic fags.

DUDE
I'M CRAZY
>>
>>81355846
wtf
>>
>>81355846
maybe it was a first draft, anything that doesn't feel good when being filmed gets dropped by the director anyway.
>>
>>81355861
So It confirmed for Oscar?
>>
>>81352612
So sarcastic
>>
File: barry.png (148KB, 297x450px) Image search: [Google]
barry.png
148KB, 297x450px
>After further encounters of It in the form of Pennywise and various other manifestations, the Losers construct a makeshift American-Indian smokehole which Richie and Mike use to hallucinate It's origins. In doing so they discover that It came to Derry millions of years before in an asteroid impact and that every 27 years It awakens from a slumber underneath the town's sewers, usually after some kind of terrible event or tragedy, to feed on children for a period of 12–16 months. Bill then discovers the "Ritual Of Chüd," an ancient ritual that allows him to enter the "Macroverse" from where It originated. Bill encounters Mataurin or "The Turtle," the creator of the universe and the natural enemy of It, who further explains It's origins.
> Ben makes two silver slugs out of a silver dollar, believing that silver will harm It. The kids return to the house on Neibolt Street where Eddie, Bill, and Richie had previously seen It and It attacks them in the form of a werewolf. Beverly shoots a slug from Bill's slingshot at the werewolf, injuring It, and causing It to flee back to the sewers.
> Bill enters the monster's mind through the Ritual of Chüd and discovers that the true form of It is a mass of destructive orange lights known as the "deadlights," which he repels. With the help of Mataurin, Bill is able to defeat It and send it recoiling back to its slumber. After the battle, the victorious but badly shaken Losers begin to lose cohesion and get lost in the sewers, until Beverly has sex with all the boys to bring unity back to the group.[2] The Losers then swear a blood oath to return to Derry should It return in the future.

Is this unironically the plot of IT? I've never seen/read the book.

Literally what the fuck
>>
File: Complete hot garbage.jpg (72KB, 908x662px) Image search: [Google]
Complete hot garbage.jpg
72KB, 908x662px
>>81355872
Some quality writing, that's what!
>>
>>81349420
new pennywise looks like the young grinch
>>
>>81356005
I didn't read the book, is there a scene where they come on a shoe?
>>
>>81355995
I wonder if this will all be in the movie to setup the "stephen king cinematic universe" considering that there is already a book universe where all stephen king novels take place
>>
>>81356039
yeah, pivotal point in the story.
>>
>>81355995
Not only that, It is an ancient alien being that came into earth in a meteorite and crashed into what later would become Derry, and only wakes up every 30 years.

King is a fucking hack. Literally the 21 Pilots of literature.
>>
>>81352689
This. She's a drider.
>>
It'll be better than Dark Tower, so I'll take it.
>>
>>81353215
he looks like paul giamatti
>>
>>81349420
What's happened here is they've lost the creep factor by going to far in the direction of ostentatious threat. When something is creepy, you are unsure if it is a potential danger or not, which ramifies that feeling of constant unease. It's a fear of mystery and uncertainty that makes it special, like looking down into deep water and seeing the blackness of the abyss looming beneath you, and it's what they've failed in miserably in the remake.
>>
>>81355995
>until Beverly has sex with all the boys to bring unity back to the group.
WHAT
>>
>>81353311
This so much. It's like they think fearing clowns is an interesting character trait to have so they latch onto it to look like they have any semblance of a personality.
>>
inb4 oooh ah ah ah
>>
>>81357144
Orgies make people unite for a cause anon.
>>
>>81357144
In the original book all the boys ran a train on her because somehow that's the only way King decided that people can unite under a common bond and fix friendship because he's a fucking hack and didn't want to just admit to wanting to write about children fucking.
>>
File: 1469685280852.jpg (41KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1469685280852.jpg
41KB, 500x371px
>>81350227
The new one isn't good at all. It attempts to be unsettling with the overly large forehead but comes off as straight up goofy.

I understand what they were trying to do with the buck teeth (spider fangs) but it also just comes off as retarded

It would have been wiser to make him look normal (as normal as a clown can get) but slightly off instead of hilariously over the top and cheesy.
>>
File: 3709879.jpg (14KB, 487x403px) Image search: [Google]
3709879.jpg
14KB, 487x403px
What were they thinking?
>>
>>81358302
cute twink wands 2 fugg :DD
>>
File: it-pennywise-twisted-smile.png (1MB, 1440x594px) Image search: [Google]
it-pennywise-twisted-smile.png
1MB, 1440x594px
>>81358302
Better pic

I think they're going to make him creepy in sexual way too.
I wouldn't be surprised if he makes inappropriate advances or remarks about the boys in this movie.
>>
Okay so we've established that we think its gonna be shit and most of us will drop it instantly.

But will it be financially successful?

Yes or No?

also predict the RT score?

I'll start

Yes profitable

61% RT
>>
>>81358302
I don't see the issue
>>
>>81358302

Something that functionally looks and behaves exactly like the established Curry portrayal, and presumably adheres to the King novel?

Gee, I don't know. Perhaps they were adapting a work of fiction for the screen, or something.
>>
who /pennywise/ hairline here? literally me
>>
Stephen King liked the film. Ultra trash confirmed.
>>
>>81358481
na

29%
>>
Left one looks anime
>>
>>81349420
Hot Topic or Spencer's?
>>
>>81356005
>cherrypicked portions of script featuring dialog meant to be spoken by frightened pre-teens from the 80's
>is surprised it's not Citizen fucking Kane.
>>
>>81349420
>Old, or new?
new because pierrot da bes
>>
>>81352859
Kek
>>
>>81349420
>so fucking retarded he cannot shoop the image or say New, or old to match his own thread pic
>>
>>81349977
The original wasn't good either. I'm just looking forward to another take on the story and Pennywise.
>>
>>81354720
John Wayne Gacy was IRL fat clown so that's why fat clowns will always be scarier by default.
>>
>>81358266
>unsettling with the overly large forehead but comes off as straight up goofy
>hilariously over the top and cheesy

Sounds like a good match for Pennywise. You are trying to describe a clown, correct?
>>
>>81358302
Why do people hate this shot?

Pennywise is just taking glee in scaring kids he will later devour.
>>
>>81357109
>Make clown more creepy
>Lose creep factor
>>
File: pennywise wall of text.jpg (128KB, 640x868px) Image search: [Google]
pennywise wall of text.jpg
128KB, 640x868px
>>81349420
>>
>>81359333
this
>>
>>81358481
Yeah, it will be profitable. Starnger Thing solidified 80s stuff is in now and this movie will bring in alot of people that crowd.

70% RT, the ritual of chud stuff near the end gets too deep for critics to handle
>>
>>81359477
I'm OK with this
>>
>>81358426
>I think they're going to make him creepy in sexual way too.
That would be funny but it would be a departure from the story where IT only was sexual towards Bevvie.
>>
>>81354597
>>81354345
That's interesting. Is it true that there's a controversy amongst historians about Elizabeth Tudor's actual gender?
>>
>>81358302
looks like make up from the latest star trek film
>>
Left: xXx_BadazZ_Cl0wNKilLa69_xXx
Right: a creepy clown
>>
>>81358776
citation needed
>>
>>81349420
Old one because he comes off as unintentionally creepy the way clowns do while the left is trying to be a terrifying clown. Right makes more sense because IT is trying to lure children to do what IT want, not send them running away in fear immediately.
>>
>>81349420
Left looks like something that person you know who "loves horror" would have badly tattoed on their back
>>
>>81359477
INHUMAN

M A D M A N
>>
I prefer Weber over Curry since Weber had a clean voice and sounded like you'd imagine a clown to sound. I wonder if this Pennywise will have an American accent or if he'll sound European for the sake of weirdness. Those buck teeth will probably give him a lisp or force him compensate his pronunciations in funny ways.
>>
>>81350207
YOU WOT M8?
>>
>>81352612
he looks like freeza
>>
this trailer is better-and would be a more scary movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztxEHtrgTRg
>>
>>81353488
IM A FIRESTARTER

TWISTED FIRSTARTER
>>
File: image.jpg (252KB, 550x850px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
252KB, 550x850px
>>81354345
>>
>>81362123
This is pretty good

I miss cat-in-the-hat-posting
>>
>>81360439
>INHUMAN
Marvel confirmed.
>>
>>81349420
Old one looks like some real crazy clown guy and that's what makes it scary. New one doesn't seem grounded in our reality, makes it seem fake.
>>
The new one's kinda growing on me t b h
>>
>>81356708
Explain how that plot makes him a hack without using any memes.
>>
File: DougWalker.jpg (467KB, 950x1180px) Image search: [Google]
DougWalker.jpg
467KB, 950x1180px
>>81349420
Point goes to the new!
>>
>>81363003
BUT IT IS DARK AND GRITTY!?!?!?!
>>
Hopefully the actual performance saves it. I agree with a lot of the criticisms about the design.

As for the original mini series, it had a lot of flaws (poor pacing and a much stronger first half than second half) but Curry himself was perfect.

Regardless, I predict that this is gonna be one of the highest grossing movies of the year. Good or bad.
>>
File: 1406822951999.gif (406KB, 318x307px) Image search: [Google]
1406822951999.gif
406KB, 318x307px
>>81353192
>but it's unnerving to see a clown stare at you
>>
File: unknown.png (188KB, 404x458px) Image search: [Google]
unknown.png
188KB, 404x458px
>>81349420
Got on his level
>>
>>81349420
Old
Would listen to what the clown has to say out of curiosity
New
Wouldn't listen to the cringy betaclown cause he looks like a loser cuck
>>
New one looks like a minor DBZ villain.
>>
They should've just tattooed "pandering to reddit" on the new one and called it a day.
>>
Does anyone give a shit that the new one seemingly only uses red balloons? Seems like somebody would bitch about that. I hope t
in the sequel it copies the book where Mike wakes up at his desk and finds a balloon with a picture of him sleeping attached to it... And footprints leading to his desk.
>>
>>81363982
>in the sequel it copies the book where Mike wakes up at his desk and finds a balloon with a picture of him sleeping attached to it... And footprints leading to his desk.
I just woke up my wife and her bull screaming. Thanks a lot, anon.
>>
File: 1489648467749.gif (1MB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
1489648467749.gif
1MB, 300x168px
>>81364121
There were only prints leading to his desk too.
>>
>>81354770
Season 2 is objectiely the best you cuck
>>
File: ungoliant.jpg (275KB, 1440x787px) Image search: [Google]
ungoliant.jpg
275KB, 1440x787px
>>81352865
It better be smth like picrelated, duh.
>>
The whole reason fear of clowns caught peoples imagination in the first place is that it's something that's not supposed to be scary. They're supposed to bring people joy. So recontextualizing in a horrifying context makes it shocking.

Their exaggerated features features become ghoulish. Their laughter becomes menacing.

Tim Curry's clown manages this. He looks like some who would drive a tiny car in a circus or twist balloons into a animals at a child's birthday party. But he's not doing that. He's hanging out it sewers and abducting children.

The new one doesn't even look like a clown any more, he just looks like a generically creepy horror movie villain. It doesn't trigger the "this is wrong" gut feeling when something is not what it's supposed to be.

Maybe it's because we're so used to evil clowns now that we can't picture them in a benign context anymore. But if that's the case, why even make another "It" movie?
>>
So I had no idea that the trailer was out for this since I assumed the remake was gonna be trash and I didn't follow announcements.

Just watched it and Pennywise shit design aside, why does the entire thing look darker and with desaturation out the ass? This shit looks worse than batsy vs super.
We probably won't even get an underage orgy either, shit movie confirmed.
>>
File: Bill-Skarsgard-1.jpg (62KB, 1240x827px) Image search: [Google]
Bill-Skarsgard-1.jpg
62KB, 1240x827px
My god, he's so fucking adorable I just can't.
>>
Can you feel that?
>>
>>81363773
>tfw to smart to scare ppl
>>
>>81353939
NOOORRRMIIEEEESSSREEEEE
>>
>>81360072

No

Do you think Henry VIII would have chopped off Anne Bolyn's head if she had given birth to a son?
>>
Old.

Colorful and clean is always more creepy than dark and dirty. Tim Curry's It literally looks like a legit guy in a clown costume, and that's what makes it terrifying.

The new guy looks like a rodent.
>>
The left will win if he doesn't sound like an evil faggot. Even when Tim Curry was being nice to Georgie he sounded like an evil faggot. "W-well a k-kid wouldn't think that he sounds sinister!" Kids are trained to mistrust Joker. Curry sounds like the Joker Georgie would know from Batman 69. I'm not convinced either clown looks approachable. Kids would sooner go up to Darth Vader than some manic rapist.
>>
File: TWISTED.jpg (52KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
TWISTED.jpg
52KB, 1280x720px
I'M THE FIRESTARTER
>>
>>81351753
Pennywise doesn't need to sneak in around parents. He can literally stand in a crowd and have only you see him, which he does frequently.
>>
>>81352673
The entire movie will rest on it's performance in this scene.
>>
>>81353157
You're retarded. It appears in crowded areas and can control what people see and don't see at will. He turns into a fuckingb vampire in the middle of the crowded library while drenching everyone with blood and they don't even move
>>
File: 1489970286766.png (442KB, 703x681px) Image search: [Google]
1489970286766.png
442KB, 703x681px
I'm reading the book for the first time. I just got through the part where Mike is trapped with a giant bird. I think it is the scariest part so far. Not because it's a bird but because it blocked all light from entering the tube and you're trapped at the other ed in total darkness as it inches closer making weird noises.
>>
New one looks like an unlockable character in mortal kombat.
>>
File: it.png (230KB, 609x360px) Image search: [Google]
it.png
230KB, 609x360px
Looks way better in the actual movie.
>>
>>81367113
Vury sp00py
>>
>>81358302
Why is his ehad like a giant lightbulb?
>>
>>81349420
>Slipknot vs John Wayne Gacy
>>
>>81349420
Ignorant question: But isn't the reason a clown is scary, is for the fact that it's at least attempting to humor you, before doing something super fucked up?

The old version looks like a poor retard in a worn down suit. Which, conceivably, a broke clown might look like. The new version just looks plain sinister.
>>
How come we dont see the barrens in the trailer?
>>
>>81350608
>in other words, ilogical to the time of the story
IT has been fucking over Derry since time immemorial. When the MC's are kids it's the 50's, last time Pennywise showed up was 60(?) years before that during the 1890's. It makes sense that Pennywise would be dressed up as a 19th century clown because that is the last time he was awake. IT is a timeless monster, an era is just a blink of the eye to IT.

That said, the new design works. Loved Curry's portrayal but I'll have to hold off my judgement of the new guy until I see it.
>>
Looked pretty freaky in the trailer, looks try hard in op image.
>>
File: james.jpg (35KB, 736x550px) Image search: [Google]
james.jpg
35KB, 736x550px
>>81363773
>>
File: Tom Cat.jpg (46KB, 565x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tom Cat.jpg
46KB, 565x600px
>>81352859
jej
>>
>>81355485
>look at how bad s2 was
It was better than season 1.
>>
>>81368476
No idea. At SXSW the audience was given this:
>We were also treated to a short scene from the film, which takes place right before Ben Hanscom is attacked by Henry Bowers and his gang. The scene shows Bill, Richie, Eddie and Stan at the entrance to the sewers in the Barrens, as they debate on whether or not to go inside. Before they make a decision, they are interrupted by Ben, who abruptly shows up, beaten to a bloody pulp. There wasn’t much to see here, but it did give you a good idea of the chemistry that the children will have in the film. Their banter feels natural and it flows well. Again, it wasn’t much but it was a solid two minutes of footage.
>>
Is the It miniseries worth watching? Or even is the book worth reading?
>>
>>81368876

I hope they make a trailer which is more like 'Stand by Me'.

'IT' is a coming of age story with well written characters. The movie looks more like 'Sinister' or 'The Conjuring' at the moment.
>>
>>81368946
It's worth a watch, but don't expect a genre classic or anything. It's one of those horrors that are more fun to watch than genuinely terrifying. Tim Curry is great in the role and elevates every scene he's in. Most of the stuff with the kids is good too. The scenes with them as adults can drag a bit.
>>
>>81369195
>It's one of those horrors that are more fun to watch than genuinely terrifying.
I really don't mind, I haven't really found a horror film that's particularly scared me. It seems everyone has seen it and says it's worth watching, but then I come here and look at the RT score and it doesn't seem like such a classic.
>The scenes with them as adults can drag a bit.
Maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about, but I thought I'd read that the 2nd half is when they're adults. Do you mean the entire 2nd half isn't as good?
>>
File: ritual_of_chud_by_monstah.jpg (189KB, 1170x1051px) Image search: [Google]
ritual_of_chud_by_monstah.jpg
189KB, 1170x1051px
>>81369340

The mini-series and the novel cut back and forth between them as kids and adults.

The series is heavily truncated even though its a four hours long. King said he wanted to bring back all the old monsters in one book. The series usually sticks with Pennywise rather than his various forms.

Honestly, many of the ideas in the book are unadaptable in the same way that Lovecraft is. Its a coming of age story with a backdrop of cosmic horror.

If you like to spend a long time with likable characters who are thrust into life threatening situations; read the book. You coud read it as a suburban fantasy novel just as much as horror.
>>
>>81369529
I'd like to read the book, but I don't have much time to do so - plus it's massive form what I remember. Though I don't know why I'm acting like I can only do one or the other. Lack of monsters aside, is the miniseries pretty true to the book?
>>
>>81369610
>is the miniseries pretty true to the book?
No. It loosely adapts A, B, and C but it doesn't at all get the point across. It's ba 3 hour Goosebumps episode. Fuck it to death.
>>
>>81354569
>No homo, but I have friends that are male.
same, plz no bully.
>>
>>81369529

>King and Lovecraft in the same sentence

I know you're not comparing them by quality but for some reason it always irks me to see them both in the same sentence.
>>
>>81369610

The final confrontation (which people are mixed on) is botched in the series. The pic in the post you replied to will give you an idea of what it could have looked like.

The best parts of the book are the characters during their youth and their various adventures and encounters with 'IT'. The child actors in the series are really good; it just doesnt have enough time to develop them.

The series is enjoyable in its own right, but its like watching a cliffs notes of the novel with dozens of pages ripped out.
>>
>>81365552
he's from a goat acting family

apperently he was scaring kids on the set, since the costume and his height and he was speaking gibberish swedish and that freaked them up

I like the guy
>>
File: art-by-marcus-crassus.jpg (930KB, 1500x931px) Image search: [Google]
art-by-marcus-crassus.jpg
930KB, 1500x931px
>>81369784

I was reading Lovecrafts 'The Colour out of Space' recently and realised that he took some of the concepts for 'IT'. I read an interview which confirmed that 'The Tommyknockers' was inspired by that story as well.
>>
>>81369865

King makes no bones about being heavily inspired by Lovecraft. King also freely admits that he's not even in the same universe of talent as Lovecraft was.

I have no reason to be irked by seeing the two names in the same sentence, even when I write the sentence. I just am.

Dream Quest of Unknown Kadath is probably my favorite Lovecraft, as an aside.
>>
File: Milkor MGL.jpg (24KB, 450x207px) Image search: [Google]
Milkor MGL.jpg
24KB, 450x207px
>>81355846
>6-BARRELED MORTAR
Did they mean something like pic related? Because I've never heard of a fucking 6-barreled mortar.
>>
>>81349420
old, hes more realistic
>>
>>81368946
Book yes. Miniseries, idk, do you like Tim Curry?
>>
>>81369940

I actually heard him criticize Lovecraft in a Q&A which lowered my opinion of him. He did the same to to Robert E Howard which irked me in the same way that it might you in regards to Lovecraft.

Ive heard him say many times that he elevated the genre of horror.
>>
>>81369610
King books are quick reads. Dude doesn't use a very advanced vocabulary so even his long books don't take too long to get through.
>>
>>81358302
>>81358426
>make him goofy looking as all shit
>/tv/ still pretends the design is edgy and scary
>>
>>81369340
All in all the first half is better, but the second half is still watchable and contains the best scene (at least in my opinion - the library scene).
>>
>>81369682
>>81369798
>>81370020
>>81370076
Alright lads, thanks for the help. And I don't think I've seen much of Curry, so maybe it'll be worth watching for him.
Can you read King's books in any order? ATM I'm only interested in It, but looking online people seem to say they're connected.
>>
>>81363982
he used red baloons in the book most of the time. only had different colours when he was carrying a bunch against the wind or when a shitload popped up under the kissing bridge
>>
>>81370426
You can read in any order. They may be loosely connected but only in ways that make fans go "ooh that's cool" rather than in any way that's significant.
>>
>>81370426
>Can you read King's books in any order?
For the most part, yes. It seems they all take place in the same universe though, seeing as there are references galore to other King stories. Like the "Pennywise Lives" graffiti in Dreamcatcher. So you may not catch them if it's a story you haven't read yet. But it doesn't diminish the story in any way by not knowing what the reference is.

As far as King books that I think are worth the read:

>Salem's Lot
>IT
>The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon
>Dreamcatcher (Fuck you I liked it)
>Eye of the Dragon (King's 1 fantasy book)
>Duma Key
>The Shining
>His anthology pieces.

Haven't read The Stand or any of the Dark Tower books, but according to my brother; they are his best works. Up until he writes himself into TDT.
>>
>>81370426

The connections are interesting but you arent missing much by not reading them in order. I havent read Insomnia but aspects of Kings Dark Tower series is a plot point; so that might be diffrent.

My favourite novel of his is Salems Lot but most people would recommend his paperweight books like The Stand and IT.
>>
>>81370426
they are stand alones aside from the dark tower series. but sometimes characters from one will show up in another.
IT you can read alone without others since it was written by king really early on.
>>
>>81370426

If you dont like or have the time to read long novels, try his short fiction.

Diffrent Seasons or Skeleton Crew might be a better introduction.
>>
>>81370021

Well fuck him and he's retarded.
>>
>>81350673
I feel the same when the "monster" or ghost or demon o little possessed girl, or whoever moves real quickly at the camera with jerky movements and lost frames like they're jumping through thin air. See end of the new IT trailer
>>
>>81358481
>Okay so we've established that we think its gonna be shit and most of us will drop it instantly.
4chan isn't a hivemind you newfag cunt
>>
>>81352612

>trailer drills in the "you'll float too" line over and over
>laugh at this poor photoshop of the clown because it looks like he's floating
>float
>you'll float too
>OH SHIT
>>
>>81369803
that's freaking awesome
>>
>>81370021
>Ive heard him say many times that he elevated the genre of horror.
>>
>>81370498
>>81370560
>>81370583
>>81370604
>>81370668
Thanks again. I'll maybe give those books a look when I have the time.
>>
>>81352083
>Curry's hair is red, not orange. The suit isn't silver and there's no big blue tie.

Ever heard the expression "can't see the wood for the trees"? Those are just details, It is supposed to look like a clown, not like an edgelord in a halloween costume.
>>
>>81349420
old
new doesn't look that bad. just trying to hard to live up to all these modern horrors
>>
I like that they didn't try to copy Curry's version and did their own thing.

People complain now but imagine if they had actually tried to base it off of Curry's.

People complain anyway, regardless.
>>
>>81355995
>After the battle, the victorious but badly shaken Losers begin to lose cohesion and get lost in the sewers, until Beverly has sex with all the boys to bring unity back to the group.

What did Stephen King mean by this?
>>
>>81357144

Can't wait to see it in theaters up on the big screen.
>>
>>81349420
Sure the new looks creepy but that doesn't mean he's scary. The trailer just made me cringe watching it.
>>
>>81352612
Oh no no no no
>>
new thread:

>>>81371920
>>
>>81371505
dude orgy lmao
>>
File: 8 barrel.jpg (15KB, 309x150px) Image search: [Google]
8 barrel.jpg
15KB, 309x150px
>>81369958
Nope.

They meant something like pic related from standard fireworks.
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 58

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.