[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth watching or is it just sci-fi trash?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

File: Battlestar-galactica-w.jpg (421KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Battlestar-galactica-w.jpg
421KB, 1280x1024px
Is it worth watching or is it just sci-fi trash?
>>
File: 1360547254988.gif (2MB, 270x148px) Image search: [Google]
1360547254988.gif
2MB, 270x148px
It's well worth a watch.
>>
>>81348325
Stop after season Exodus part 3 because by then you wont want to see how much worse it can get
>>
>>81348325
Where do people watch this? I can't find it online.
>>
S1 and S2 is some of the best sci fi on tv

3 and 4 are very divisive, but they are not in the same league as 1 and 2
>>
>>81348325
The characters are fun, the filler episodes are fun, the "authenticity" of life on board a Battlestar is nice, but the overall plot is extremely retarded.
>>
>>81349323
Bullshit. The final sequence of machinehead, flying into the sun was a thing of beautiful sadness. BSG is one of the best science fiction programs ever made, in television or film media.
>>
>>81349426
>overall plot is extremely retarded
Compared to most other shows on television, you're way off mark.
>>
It's legitimately OK. it's in space, it has a bunch of sci-fi stuff going on, it takes itself pretty seriously, but miraculously it isn't complete trash. there aren't many shows that meet that description
>>
>>81349431
it was only ever good until season 2 and even then they started putting in filler episodes which ruined it.
It all turns to shit, characters become exagerated, starbuck becomes a cunt for no reason and men and women start to get cucked left and right
>>
>>81349608
>cucked
Opinion disregarded, memester.
>>
BSG has both the best pilot and worst series finale I've ever seen.
>>
>>81349652
im being serious, this show must have as many affairs as a soap opera
>>
>>81349729
>im being serious
I know. Which is why I completely disregard your opinion. Anyone who uses memespeak seriously, SHOULD be disregarded.
>>
File: 1468327483192.jpg (38KB, 398x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468327483192.jpg
38KB, 398x500px
>>81349323

This, but watch Razor, too.

You'll just have to deal with the fact that it's a great series that took a wrong turn, like X-files before it.
>>
>>81348325
BSG is fucking amazing, watch it now.
Just be sure that when you are watching the series finale, stop watching before the last half-hour. Like once all the tension stops for the first time, immediately stop watching.
Never before have I seen an entire show ruined so terribly by literally 15 minutes.
>>
File: Space Shows.png (525KB, 1083x465px) Image search: [Google]
Space Shows.png
525KB, 1083x465px
>>81348325
>>
>>81348325
People say it goes downhill at the end. I don't believe that. I think they failed to write a satisfying conclusion to tie the series up, but the overall quality of the show didn't decline.
>>
File: PANIC.jpg (13KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
PANIC.jpg
13KB, 250x250px
i had multiple friends recommend it to me

they also recommended Legion, so I don't care what they suggest me anymore
>>
File: Space1999_Year1_Title[1].jpg (25KB, 400x303px) Image search: [Google]
Space1999_Year1_Title[1].jpg
25KB, 400x303px
>>81350777
Need to add Lost in Space, and Space: 1999
>>
>>81350777
nice trips but this meme chart always triggers people, everything is fine but dark matter should be above the expanse (the first season of dark matter only though)
>>
>>81350794
I thought that the show was a perfect 10 up until the robot montage at which point I felt ill. They should have just ripped the ending from the original series. It wouldn't make sense but it would have been 100x better than what they did. Terrible ending.

>>81350777
Farscape was God-Tier. Perfect example of a satisfying ending that wrapped up the series without giving a desire for more.
>>
>>81350777
> Star Gate
> God tier

It was a fun little show, but it wasn't exactly astounding television. It's pretty much the definition of middle of the road sci-fi.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.