[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 145
Thread images: 12

File: watchmen-movie-2009.jpg (17KB, 280x399px) Image search: [Google]
watchmen-movie-2009.jpg
17KB, 280x399px
What went wrong?
>>
no squid
>>
>>81346375
Zack didn't understand the source material neither its co-creator
>>
Same thing as The Spirit: People went into it thinking they would be 300, not dramas that just happen to be based on comics. With Watchmen he tried to hedge his bets and involve a few action scenes to placate the plebs and angered the diehards even more.

Like GitS, it was a property not meant for mass consumption in a vapid sense. They are better when only those that understood its aim consumed it.
>>
File: rory.jpg (43KB, 319x425px) Image search: [Google]
rory.jpg
43KB, 319x425px
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
No squid & no cigarettes on Mars.
>>
>>81346559
Who wouldn't wear a mask that can change its layout constantly?
>>
>>81346375
Nothing
>>
Snyder
>>
>>81346554
OR it could be the fact the story ending is insanely gay and makes no sense.
>>
I like this movie as an appendix for the comic, its almost worth watching just for that dr manhattan genesis.

But if thats all you know about watchmen it sucks
>>
>>81346375

Nothing
It includes the most Kino comic book movie scene of all time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNXohNU3tWo
>>
Not enough people saw it.
>>
>>81346390
this desu senpai
>>
>>81346439
>You haven't idealized mankind. You've mutilated it!

this bit wasn't in the comic yet it fits perfectly with Ozymandias...I think Snyder understood this characters
>>
>Squid squid squid squid

>Zach didn't understand the comic book

Does this cover the pleb opinions .
>>
>>81346559
Becuase he was an angsty edgy 13-year-old trapped in a grown man's body. The fact that so many people list Rorschach as their favorite/one of their favorite characters is one of those things that shows what's wrong with the world desu.
>>
>>81346375
Direction.

It could have been much worse and they actually managed to put it into a coherent movie, which is good. But the overly stylized visuals and over the top tone does not fit the material at all, everything that was good about the movie is good because the source material is good, and they followed it very closely.

If anything it should have been a character driven TV show.
>>
Needed bigger bluer dongs.
>>
>>81346587
Squid literally didn't make any sense though. In the real world it might've unified the nations against a perceived extra terrestrial threat but in the watchmen world everyone would just assume it was a failed US experiment to create another Dr Manhattan after the first one went away.
>>
>>81346390
Let's be honest.... a giant CGI squid would have looked fucking stupid. I would say the explosion rewrite was a good decision. I used to fucking love this movie when I was about 15, now it's just embarrassing. The dialogue is actually laughable a lot of the time, trying to be pretentious but failing.
>>
>>81349523
This.
I'm not big into Synder. Hated Scuker punch, MoS and BvS but I wouldn't call Watchmen a bad movie. It's one case where I feel that the film being split into two volumes would have worked to it's advantage.
>>
>>81349633
The comics featured a lot of exposition and foreshadowing on that matter, so it did not felt retarded or out of place. I understand why they went with explosions, the movie was long as fuck as it is and it worked so who cares.
>>
>>81349561
You're ignoring a lot that went into making the squid there man.
>>
>>81349890
care to elaborate?
>>
>>81349660
It IS a bad movie - it's poorly shot, poorly blocked, poorly cast, poorly acted and good lord. The musical choices. It's literally Snyder's iPod playlist.
>>
>>81346375
it ended ;_;
>>
>>81346375
Unnecessary ultraviolence that elevates each character to idiotic levels of prowess and undermines the brutality of Comedian and Rorschach, an overbearing score that dictates down to sequences as opposed to improving them, and some genuinely terrible acting (original silk spectre sticks out as a particularly bad one)

And while I'm not the biggest proponent of the squid, they managed to choose a worse option that only gets dumber the longer you look at it.
>>
>>81346375
Nothing. One of the best if not the very best comic book movies alongside Spiderman 2 and Batman '89.

Snyder is a genius
>>
>>81349984
The majority of the cast was good. I did not like the casting choice for Ozzy just because he's like a totally different guy in the movie, but I can't say he was bad.

The only actor I remember hating is that random chick that played young Silk Spectre.
>>
Watchman is a great movie. I don't expect lower plebians to understand, nor do i seek to enlighten them.

Greatest super hero movie ever made, with Dark knight (very pleb movie but still excellent) on the second place.
>>
>people will unironically bash the squid while at the same time defend marvel post 9/11.
Wow.
>>
Malin Akerman spent so much time sucking and fucking her way onto the cast she didn't have any time to learn how to act.
>>
I didn't like the ending. The way everyone hates and leaves Ozymandias.
The book ending where he's contemplating if he's done the right thing is far better.

Otherwise It's alright.
>>
>>81350299
Comedian was implied to approve, best character. Rorschach and Owldude were the little babby tier anyway.
>>
>>81350067
>Unnecessary ultraviolence that elevates each character to idiotic levels of prowess and undermines the brutality of Comedian and Rorschach

This was my only real problem with the movie.

>nite owl and silk spectre brutally kills a bunch gang members instead of just knocking them out and letting the police take over like in the book
>"wow that was FUN"
>>
File: 1448544663226.jpg (25KB, 416x304px) Image search: [Google]
1448544663226.jpg
25KB, 416x304px
>you just don't get it

There, every Snyderfag argument ever made.
>>
>>81349302
Just because you understand characters doesnt mean you understand plot, style or tone.
Which is what snyder sucks at.

Sure he may be able to cast these charcters and understand them on a surface level
It takes someone who isnt just directing a movie to push technology further
>>
>>81346375
The slow motion fighting parts were gay
>>
>>81346375
Everything that wasn't lifted straight from the book.
>>
>>81346375
Everyone's trying to add layers on why it sucks but the real reason is simple:

Source material: 4-6 hrs enjoyment
Movie: 2-3 hours

add to the fact that the reader dictates the pace set and not an editor, it's the real cause of why any adaptation that tries to be faithful is doomed to fail
Watchmen tried to do Moore justice, but you can't take a masterpiece like Watchmen and condense it without losing something in process.

also comic book fight scenes in real life look too goofy
>>
>>81349930
It wasn't a cheap prop man. Ozymandias hired people from a wide variety of backgrounds to craft images of a fictionally native world that would be unleashed in a psychic blast upon the arrival/death of the squid in NY (I seem to recall it involving Ozy diseccting, studying, recreating, and hooking up in series the minds of "psychically sensitive" individuals). Theres a specific line about the psychological fallout reaching much further than the literal explosion of the squid's arrival. Not to mention the fact that top scientests were pulled to create something with a completley unique genetic footprint. He made an alien, through and through.
>>
>>81350387
Snyder should never be allowed anywhere near slow motion.
>>
>>81350410
He should never be allowed to direct anything.
>>
>>81350394
So your complaint isn't with THIS adaptation as such, but with adaptations as a whole?
>>
>>81349930
Squid was meant to be a symbol of everyones perception of what a doomsday scenario would be.

Everyone would panic and work together.

If dr. Manhattan attacks new york, it wouldnt bring people together, it would just make the world fear dr. Manhattan more than it already did.
>>
>>81350397
sounds more like Moore trying to salvage a plot point he deep down knows doesn't make much sense
>>
>>81350394
>the adaptation is bad so the blames lies with the source

kys
>>
File: Cardinal-Dolan.jpg (5KB, 262x193px) Image search: [Google]
Cardinal-Dolan.jpg
5KB, 262x193px
>>81350397
>psychics are real for some stupid reason in Watchmen even though Moore goes out of his way to make Dr.Manhattan the only unrealistic character

haahahhahaahah WHAT A FUCKING HACK
>>
File: ozymandias.jpg (50KB, 300x495px) Image search: [Google]
ozymandias.jpg
50KB, 300x495px
The only casting choice that I didn't like was Ozymandias. Everything else was top notch except him. Way too young actor choice.
>>
>>81346375
>source material is about regular humans being superheroes
>make inhuman fighting scenes anyway
BRAVO SNYDER
>>
File: willy-3.png (5KB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
willy-3.png
5KB, 320x200px
>>81350489
Dr.Manhattan was the doomsday scenario. Also I'd point out, in the movie Ozy's plan worked just as well as his plan in the comic book.
So he was right.

>bbbbuutttt it wouldn't work in my imagination
literally no one cares.
>>
>>81346390
Manhatten is just not a viable fallguy if we're talking about world peace.

If it was a larger indication of the failure of Veidt's plan [as was inferred in the comics], they didn't do a fucking thing to ensure that.

Otherwise, I was okay with it. I like Snyder's plainness in directing. He's really not as bad as people say he is, especially when he has a cast this talented to direct.
>>
>>81350450
A fair point but can a shot for shot remake of a comic really be called directing?
>>
>>81350495
Yes, because having somebody condense plot points carefully laid throughout twelve issues into four lines on a message board gives you an accurate sense of the story.
>>
>>81350621
He clearly took his own artistic license. Whether it was good or bad is up to the interpreter, but he did do his own thing.

And I mean, the frames in the comic are really fucking good, and hard to improve on.
>>
>>81350610
Manhatten is the ideal fall guy, literally everyone wants him gone and he's perfectly okay with it too.
>>
>idiot pleb opinion
muh comic, muh squid

>real Cinephiles opinion
its too stylized which detracts from the films attempt at realism

solid 7/10 movie, possibly 8/10 if you're predisposed to enjoy SuperHero flicks.
>>
Snyder. It doesn't matter if the source material is good or not, it's an adaptation. If you get a director with vision it will be great. If you get Snyder...
>>
>>81350484
it's not a fault of itself, but just the biggest obstacle. It's an obvious choice: either make a good movie or make a good adaptation. I feel like Watchmen tried to make a good adaptation 70% of the time but when the producers saw it they added in 30% of what makes a good movie and it just didn't feel right.

but yeah, the law sticks. Look at the shinings for example. Kubrick goes off the rails, takes liberties, and his focus is making HIS movie, and it's a classic- but someone makes a nine-chapter line for line TV show and it blows.

Harry Potter, too. Even though I hated it because they cut out plot-essential points, they made a successful movie by cutting out the chaff and making their own creation.

Watchmen just felt too bloated at times- and it was obvious that certain things the executives wouldn't allow. And, the fight choreography was too ninja/wires

>>81350521
nigga i didn't say that
>>
Why didn't Dr. Manhattan wear undies?
>>
>>81350532
>>Moore goes out of his way to make Dr.Manhattan the only unrealistic character

I'd disagree with that. Characters can react realistically despite being "unrealistic". I'd argue all of them are unrealistic in that they're fucking superheroes, but act and react in a human enough fashion to be relatable within the premise.
>>
>>81350730
they are humans who just wear silly costumes though. Moore writes them that they are basically mentally ill for doing so.
>>
>>81350668
I really don't know. Manhattan is essentially the greatest tool the human race has ever come in contact with, so while it is true that he was an inconvenience, he was only so because he stopped working with Earthlings.

It's easy for the layman to accept the attack, based on all the news they've been fed, but leaders of the world didn't get there by being oblivious.
>>
File: 1354314337215-2.gif (2MB, 280x189px) Image search: [Google]
1354314337215-2.gif
2MB, 280x189px
>comic book is a meta-commentary about how capeshit was propaganda-tier until it became an old capitalist whore hell-bent on outliving its purpose
>film adaptation glorifies superhero idolatry and is greedily spun out into numerous garbage cross-promoted merchandise

Nothing. Nothing went wrong at all.
>>
>>81350710
I know a lot of people that prefer the TV show actually. Odd.
>>
>>81350397
>Theres a specific line about the psychological fallout reaching much further than the literal explosion of the squid's arrival.

Why the FUCK don't people go into this? Oh so some squid squished a couple of $2b buildings and killed maybe 2000 people.

Big fucking deal? It's infrastructure you rebuild in a day. The idea, the very CRUX, of Earth being attacked by something that shouldn't exist...

That's so much better.
>>
>>81350832
But Dr. Manhatten shouldn't exist.
>>
>>81350489
It would also make the Soviets launch every remaining nuke they had.
>but New York
The second they thought America's walking bomb attacked them, missiles would be flying.
>>
>>81350892
He was made by miracle, but also by human means.
>>
>>81350796
>glorifies

nah. You're really reaching on this one. They generally seemed as lame as they were in the comics

>inb4 stylized fights
>>
>it's implied that Ozymandis' whole mastermind plan will be undone because of one madman's written down ramblings

that was so fucking stupid. even without Rorschach's diary there would still be hundreds of conspiracy theorists that would point the finger at Ozymandis, as well as hundreds who would point the finger at Soviet, aliens, Dr Manhattan, fluoride, video games and Elvis to being the real cause behind it all
>>
Not a lot. It's pretty faithful, you faggot just hate synder.
>>
>>81350832
so if Ozy has the power to affect people's minds why don't he just make all the world leaders nice and friendly instead of destroying a city?
>>
>>81350904
they didn't though. In the movie the plan worked. Try watching the film you're bitching about.

Its not like Soviet Union and America becomes best pals after WW2. They went right back to hating each other. Every country would have just have started building more nukes, especially after no other aliens showed up.
>>
>>81351009
What

That's totally not what that means.

Also that wouldn't work.
>>
>>81350364
never heard of people thinking Snyder is too intellectual.

If anything every movie he does is the exact same story, the only one he understands
>>
>>81350949
>hundreds more crazy conspiracy theories
>vs the personal journal of of the people closest to Ozy, complete with meticulous description of what actually happened
Even if he did write it like a rambling madman, his reputation alone would mean people would at least humor his diary for a bit. He's not just some crazy dude, he's one of the Watchmen
>>
>>81351009
Because there's a difference between brain surgery and hitting someone in the head with a bat.

Ozy's solution is clumsy and crude because that's what you get when you're on the cutting edge of psuedoscience and the clock is running against you. The world would've ended in a nuclear fireball if he takes the time to develop things to a level of complexity you're talking about.
>>
>>81351244
This is true, and obviously there's hard data to support it.

A properly funded and properly intellectual investigation would tear Veidt's plan apart.
>>
>>81346375
nada
>>
>>81351025
> Every country would have just have started building more nukes, especially after no other aliens showed up.

and that's exactly what Manhattan was trying to tell Ozy in the comic. It wasn't going to last.

The point is that his plan in the movie shouldn't have worked for that same reason, but Snyder just assumed no one would retaliate after their hated enemy's living weapon leveled their cities.
>>
>>81350771
I don't get what you're getting at here.

>>just wear silly costumes

And go around beating the shit out of people, taking the law into their own hands, risking their fucking lives every night, what have you. Lets not downplay the fact that there's more to this than just putting on tights.

>>Mentally ill for doing so.
Yes, that's kind of the point. There's a reason we don't have people like this in real life anon.

And as an aside, I think Moore writes some as relatively normal, all things considered. Both NiteOwl's are civil, sane men, Captain Metropolis seemed fine (although he was a bit dense) and Dollar Bill was normal enough (though he got shot before he could go off the rails). I think it's a case where either the job draws in crazies, but also drives you crazy if you do it long enough.
>>
>>81350348
>implied to approve
>sobbing like a babb at moloch

When did he approve?
>>
>>81351583
When he went to MOLOCH instead of telling anyone who could do anything with the information. In the film, when he gave up mid-fight.
>>
>>81350547
>too young actor choice

I thought that was the point? Everyone was implied to be late mid/late 40s but Ozzy was the pinnacle of physical perfection so he appeared much younger.
>>
>>81351583
>>81351690
I mean, he didn't like that he approved but seriously knew Ozzy was right.
>>
File: ee5.png (521KB, 800x559px) Image search: [Google]
ee5.png
521KB, 800x559px
>>81350728
>tfw too intelligent for clothing
>>
>>81350774
As far as everyone knows, manhattan deleted an entire room of reporters and civilians jus bc he was too crowded.
>>
>>81351690
>>81351812
If he approved then why did ozzy kill him?
>>
>>81352067
revenge for killing the pregnant asian chick who was secretly Ozy's girl(boy)friend
>>
>>81352067
He already got drunk and blabbed to Moloch. Can't have an emotional lapse getting in the way of a good plan.
>>
>>81352067
Even Comedian wasn't surprised he was getting killed off.
>>
>>81351924
Wasn't there a frame where they're standing there wondering wtf?

Christ I don't even have it anymore, it's been so long.
>>
>>81346375
Silk Spectre was miscast, but otherwise, nothing went wrong. It's one of my favorite movies and a perfect adaptation.
>>
File: 480.jpg (29KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
480.jpg
29KB, 640x480px
>>81351875
>tfw 6.5 but still self conscious about the size even seeing many dicks when was showering in boxing club and in the gym and pool bathrooms with other faggots knowing its pretty normal size
but still
>>
>>81351875

I unironically sit around naked all day, it rules
>>
>>81353388
me too

the moment I come home clothes come off

it's amazing how longer I can go without doing underwear laundry by doing this
>>
>>81353489
>it's amazing how longer I can go without doing underwear laundry by doing this

you underwear must smell like shit your poor gf/wife
>>
File: 1474753181937.gif (721KB, 249x172px) Image search: [Google]
1474753181937.gif
721KB, 249x172px
>>81350547
>Tfw Tom Cruise was attached to play Ozymandias at one point
>>
>>81350581
>inhuman fighting scenes
Where?
Only one I will give you is the part in the alley where SSII kicks that guy and he flips into the dumpster.

And Ozy's megajump across the room onto Nite Owl's blaster.
>>
>download Watchmen the other night
>find out its supercut version
>3 and a half fucking hours

Yeah no, deleted the shit out of that. I like the movie but I'm not watching a fucking 3 and a half hour cut of it.
>>
>>81349423
Rorschach serves an excellent purpose, and is a fine character. The only people that are wrong are the people who think he was "the good guy"
>>
>>81354530
Yeah they added the cartoon in the super ultimate cut. Really unfortunate. Director's cut doesn't have it and is otherwise like identical.
>>
>>81354648
Rorshach was fantastic, there weren't any real good guys in the movie. He had flawless stubborness anyway.
>>
>>81354530
>>81354650
So wait mid movie it just switches to a cartoon?
>>
>>81354752
There is a cartoon inserted into the movie in places, comic within a comic. Movie within a movie.
>>
>>81354752
If you're actually wondering, In the original comics there's a guy that's reading a comic and it shows up every once in a while, book in a book. In the original release they didn't have anything about the comic book, then in the ultimate cut they animated the scenes and put them in when they showed up in the comic. You can skip those scenes if you want, but it's a nice addition.
>>
>>81354845
should've included the documents and book excerpts from the graphic novel as documentary movie clips too
>>
>>81350348
>Comedian was implied to approve
Absolute bullshit.
Adrian's plan was what drove him off the deep end to begin with.
>>
>>81355291
But he didn't do anything about it in any way, he was depressed about it but literally one of the few people with any power to try and change it. Now it could have just been shit writing but the points all stand. It's more obvious in the comic where he decides he'll just write a letter instead of not doing shit.
>>
When you compare it to other adaptations that didn't even fucking try (Ghost in the shell for instance) this one was done pretty damn well.

This and Scott Pilgrim
>>
>>81351745
>The only casting choice that I didn't like was Ozymandias. Everything else was top notch except him. Way too young actor choice.

He should have looked older but still been in top physical shape.
>>
>>81350668
>Manhatten
How is it that his name is posted a dozen or so times in the thread, and there's always one illiterate fuckwit who spells it wrong every fucking time.
>>
>>81355509
The guy from Hard Candy was like double creepy in watchmen.

>>81355528
That's a quote, bro.
>>
>>81349633
Most of the dialogue is directly from the book. Don't blame the movie for that.
>>
>>81355542
And...?
It's still not how you spell Manhattan, dipshit.
>>
>>81349633
>trying to be pretentious but failing.
This is probably the dumbest thing I've read on 4chan in at least two years
>>
>>81349984
>poorly shot
I'd love it if you could name a movie off the top of your head that has better visuals than Watchmen. Go ahead, I'll wait.
>poorly blocked
No.
>poorly cast
Both Silk Spectres were garbage, but the rest of the cast was spot on.
>poorly acted
No.
>The musical choices
The majority of the soundtrack is directly from the comic book, so I'm not sure where you're getting "Snyder's iPod playlist" from.
>>
>>81350730
OK, but psychics? Not him, but I agree that this came totally out of left field when I read the comic for the first time. Why didn't Moore just add "brain wave manipulation" or something of the ilk to the long list of research projects Veidt was conducting in order to build the alien? Why go out of the way to suddenly establish that there are actual human psychics whose brains can be cloned? It just didn't jive with the rest of the story.
>>
>>81351924
He teleported the cameras too. They got images of the parking lot full of people, the public knew they were alright.
>>
Absolutely nothing. This is the definition of capekino. Literally flawless piece of art.
>>
>>81355756
How is it out of left field in a comic where Dr. Manhattan exists?
>>
>>81346390
T H I S
H
I
S

The leadup and way its presented in the comics was one of the greatest experiences I've ever had in entertainment.
>>
>>81355788
>implying the media didnt spin this into saying Manhattan is unhinged, unpredictable and dangerous

They use a shot of him screaming during the broadcast after the explosion in new york. This, paired with the energy signature of the explosions will have the entire world fear him and blame him for the death of millions

>but Rorschachs journal! Conspiracy theories will expose ozzy!

You know what else is a conspiracy? Bush doing 9/11. But guess what? We still blame and hate muslims for it.
>>
File: doubt.png (41KB, 123x143px) Image search: [Google]
doubt.png
41KB, 123x143px
>>81350364
>you just don't get it

there, every MooreFag argument ever made

ummm,..no sweetie we got your "funny book". Okay honey, your watchmen comic is "great". So is the movie even if Snyder changed things up because, sugar...a movie is different from a comic. Sorry , not sorry
>>
>>81351462
>beating the shit out of people
>unrealistic

god damn it. I don't even understand what the fuck you're talking about. Dr.Manhattan was the only one with super powers. The rest were basically mentally ill people but still just regular people who trained a lot of beat the shit out of criminals.

yes the comic wasn't about how people dress. fucking hell man...go kill yourself
>>
>>81355756
If I'm not mistaken Alan Moore actually believes in psychics (or he did at the time)

though, probably like Grant Morrison, all that magic wizard shit they spout off about is just an act to further their image as a wacky cutting edge dude to cover the fact that they write goofy comic books for teenage boys.
>>
>>81356031
Dr.Mahattan is written as being the only person with powers in the book.
Unless they count Ozy as having super powers because he's really smart. Its been awhile since I've read the book.
>>
>>81356368
>Dr.Mahattan is written as being the only person with powers in the book.

No, he's written as being the only person widely acknowledged/known to have powers in the book. If it's possible for nuclear experiments to turn a human being into a godlike being such as Dr. Manhattan then it is not difficult to believe Ozy was researching psychic abilities in normal human beings that may have existed but were not widely accepted or understood.
>>
>>81346375
>one long movie that still fails to capture the unique elments of the graphic novel
>should have been two movies or a mini series
>too much focus on Dr.Manhattan
>not enough old Watchmen stuff
>should have had the comic stand/teenage kid intertwined into the movie as it progressed
>no movie within a movie
>no squid
>no tits on the only sex appeal
>>
>>81356124
it was the cold war. The russians would assume it was a gambit to allow manhattan to strike first and then the US to follow with a full barrage while claiming they had no idea what manhattan was doing and the US would just assume he'd defected and struck first for the russians and all their missiles were in the air

if manhattan had so much as sneezed in any earthly direction, it would've been instant nuclear war.

If you know dick about the cold war then you know there is no way for an american superweapon to wipe out anything and not have it trigger nuclear war.

Thus, the manhattan ending is retarded.
>>
>>81356472
did they not intertwine the comic book part? I didn't see the ultimate cut as a whole.
>>
>>81356513
>did they not intertwine the comic book part?
They did. And it was boring, and didn't really contribute anything to the movie. Some things that make sense in a comic book format really don't translate well to a film.
>>
>>81356510
but manhattan could just vaporize nukes, the thought of him being opposed to all of earth is a very large deterrant
>>
>>81356513
Pretty sure it was just a minor fan service thing, like showing them every now and then, but not actually giving the characters any meaningful dialog/depth.
>>
>>81356368
nah negro, the squid was psychic in the comic, as were all the people programing it with the fake history of the alien world.
>>
>>81356538
The point is that is only a thought that would've occurred to the east or west after they had already launched their entire nuclear arsenals at eachother.
>>
>>81356543
There is a lot more content with them in the ultimate cut and it has animated sequences for the pirate comic book that the kid is reading. See >>81356535.
>>
>>81356574
maybe, there was already less of a proxy war buildup from vietnam and afghanistan. Manhattan was a WMD and was obstensibly on the US side. I thought part of the mask laws were evidence of less MAD type fears, but maybe not.
>>
reminder that, in the end, ozy was wrong and proly commited suicide when everyone came a nokin
>>
>>81347676
Its perfect
>>
File: 4:4.png (741KB, 961x507px) Image search: [Google]
4:4.png
741KB, 961x507px
>>81346375
Nothing.
>>
>>81356636
manhattan existing caused the reds to double up on their nuclear arsenal. manhattan shutting down proxy wars caused the reds to triple up on their nuclear arsenal.

the comic establishes that tensions were several times higher than they'd ever been in the real cold war.

the movie kinda yolos it with a half-read cliffnotes version of the real cold war with some costumed heroes sprinkled around.
>>
>>81346375

Snyder didn't understand it was supposed to be a deconstruction of the genre, not an idealization with night-owl doing a slow-mo matrix style fight ad kung-fuing 30 foes to death. It was supposed to be showing the failings of superheros; a fat impotent lonely inventor, a psychotic rapist former soldier with ptsd, a stinking conspiracy obsessed street-person, an aging traumatized woman with daddy-issues. They were real people trying to dress up and fight crime and it accentuated their failings and their flaws rather than obscured them. He thought it was a story about superheroes fighting a former hero turned villain who wanted to scare the world into peace.

He didn't understand it, because he's an idiot and a hack and he makes bad movies and this was just one more.
Thread posts: 145
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.