[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wtf I hate Mcdonalds now!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: poster-large.jpg (50KB, 405x600px) Image search: [Google]
poster-large.jpg
50KB, 405x600px
Wtf I hate Mcdonalds now!
>>
wait I thought it was founded by a clown?
>>
>>81339171
>now
>>
I thought it was supposed to make you like Ray Kroc. He did nothing wrong.
>>
>>81339227
>He did nothing wrong.

Except the whole conning the McDonalds brothers out of their own name, their promised royalties and intentionally driving their last store out of business out of pure spite.
>>
>>81339171
Movie was good.
Kroc was smart.
McDonalds brother were smart, but they were not ambitious enough.
You can argue that Kroc screwed them, but they still got more money from being screwed by Kroc than they were ever going to make running one or two burger joints.

Moral of the story: If someone is trying to make a fortune for you, don't try to stop them.
>>
>>81339318
Exactly, that's some messed up shit.

It's like someone stealing my last name and putting it as a restaurant and it's ideas, saying it's yours.
>>
>>81339318
It was their fault for being minnows who pushed a shark.
>>
>>81339227

This is an extremely bad sign of autism or narcissism, you better check your head. Normal people feel repulsed when they see keatons antics while autistic people can't see what he did wrong because they have no feelings
>>
>>81339318
Maybe they should have renegotiated with him instead of trying to hold him to a deal that wasn't working for him. They wouldn't renegotiate. He found another way to do what he needed.
>>
File: yes.jpg (74KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
74KB, 460x345px
>>81339449
>tfw thought Kroc's actions were not only acceptable but laudable
>>
>>81339374
>Movie was good
Agree
>Kroc was smart
disagree he was ambitious but nothing he did was smart
>McDonalds bros were smart
Not entirely, they had ingenuity but they were humble men

Kroc did screw them but he only ever made it big because the jewish banker told him about the real estate idea. That was how McDonalds became a thing, it created fast food but the real ingenuity was the franchising lease system.

Moral of the story: humility and business don't mix
>>
File: OhNelson.jpg (16KB, 380x253px) Image search: [Google]
OhNelson.jpg
16KB, 380x253px
>>81339416
>>81339318
They could've used a Nelson Hidalgo to get their name back.
>>
>>81339711
Kroc was the better businessman. He knew good ideas when he saw them, he listened to the good advice of the banker, and he devised a system that was centralized enough to ensure quality control but decentralized enough not to be impossible to manage. I'd count that as smart.

McDonalds brothers knew how to organize a good kitchen but had been failures when they tried to expand.

The McDonald's brothers can claim to be the founders because they had the first one. Ray Kroc's claim to be the founded depends on one seeing McDonald's not as building but as an institution. The movie played on the church in every town as kind of an Americana thing, but the similarity between Church and McDonalds goes deeper than that. This McDonalds as building vs McDonalds as institution mirrors the use of the word Church as it can be used to refer to a single building or it can be used to refer to the institution.
>>
>>81339171
This is one of the better movies I've seen lately.
>>
>>81339318
ray was the only reason the restaurant got anywhere on a national scale. Its success was all owed to him. He didn't have to give the brothers anything and they walked away with several million dollars.
Ray did nothing wrong.
>>
>>81339318
The brothers should count themselves lucky to get a mill each.

>>81339374
I have to agree with this though he shouldn't have forced the brothers to close down the restaurant they started.

>>81339583
WTF was their lawyer thinking at that moment? I would've said "Fuck no, you slimy shyster. You're gonna put this in writing or we walk. If you want a handshake, it's in front of a panel of judges and other witnesses to affirm that you will give them their royalties."

>>81340067
Kroc's genius was synergy. Combining the brothers' assembly line system with Sonneborn's ideas was a master stroke. It killed 2 birds with 1 stone by ensuring quality service in every restaurant and making profit.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.