[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Utopia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: Utopiafeature-e1365568156935.png (33KB, 1000x419px) Image search: [Google]
Utopiafeature-e1365568156935.png
33KB, 1000x419px
Watched this few weeks ago, blew me away.
Is it kino? what do you guys think?

The cinematography is briliant, music is briliant too. Pretty much the only problems I have with it are the negroid who is there for no reason whatsover and the mudshark slag. Now, I'm not a racist or anything but like did they really need to be there?

Also when it comes to the story itself the main issue I have with it is how some of the people in the network had an issue about the virus targeting specific ethnic groups.

They were totally ok with committing this pseudo-genocide indiscriminantly and killing who knows how many people to get into the position to do so, but killing based on race is somehow wrong to them. That's where they draw the line. Genocide is a ok, genocide with a racist motivation is not.

What do you think about the 'paradox of infinite risk'?
>This rock gives you permission to do anything, because, ultimately, we're all just the blink of an eye.

I don't know why they call it a paradox, it's not a paradox in any way.

Also, what would happened if the virus had worked? All those foreign government with the means of starting a nuclear war would just sit there as their people die out? They wouldn't retaliate agains anyone and everyone?
>>
S1: kino
S2E01: kino
S2 the rest: shit
>>
>>81331397
The cinematography reminds me of Legion.
>>
File: geno.jpg (38KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
geno.jpg
38KB, 736x552px
>>81331675
yeah that S2E01 was probably the best imo

So does anyone know if it's possible to get the UTOPIA comic somewhere? Can you even buy it?
>>
I don't get how people jerk off over the cinematography of this show when all it does have is some eye-catching, colourful background design and a few neat filters.
>>
>>81332660
...and behind all the funk is a pretty by-the-numbers conspiracy story without much to offer.
>>
>>81332678
what? name one other movie/tv show with the same type of a conspiracy? just one

it's insanly clever and the "villans" are the best because you fucking agree with them, yeah the things they do are horrible but the things they will achieve by acting in such a way are objectively better for the human race itself.

It's "the greater good" motive but actually explained and reasoned about in the show.
>>
A great show. Really gripping and visually astonishing. Great soundtrack. But when all the twists have happened and everything was revealed it was quite generic sci-fi imo. Also the 100 lbs grrrl throwing 200 lbs bodyguards around was bit silly.
>>
>A world dominated by gyppos

[F] humanity.
>>
>>81332779
World War 2
>>
>>81331397
didn't they have it narrowed down to to only people with top tier genetics etc would survive?

It's been years since I've watched this
>>
>>81331397
Didnt they find out it was going to just kill everyone who got the virus instead of just sterilizing them?
>>
>>81333206
no the guy who invented it thought they should get to choose who lives and Mr Rabbit and the rest didn't want that because they didn't want to be raysis...

Then the guy who made the virus said he would choose some small east asian ethnic sub-group that has the biggest IQs and the lowest occurance of cancer and heart diesease etc... but that at the last moment he changed his mind and chose his own people, Roma.
>>
utter edgelord shit that tries to shock the audience by killing kids every 2 episodes. dropped it after 4.
>>
>>81333310
Nothing wrong with a bit of edge my man
>>
>>81332660
More than just colours.
>>
File: 0702ac11674793.560fb863ac71a.jpg (460KB, 600x848px) Image search: [Google]
0702ac11674793.560fb863ac71a.jpg
460KB, 600x848px
>>81333310
>utter edgelord shit that tries to shock the audience by killing kids every 2 episodes. dropped it after 4.

>actually being a retard

That's all explained you tard. It's literally explained why The Network acts as they do. There's a whole ruthless philosophy behind their behavior. It has nothing to do with shocking the audince. God damn /tv/ is shit
>>
>>81333366

i don't really care how it being excused in the narrative, the fact they wrote it this way is edgelord shit
>>
>>81333414
no it literally isn't you dumb retard.

That's the very backbone of the story.
As I've said in the OP: paradox of infinite risk.

Nothing they do, from their perspective, is wrong in any way because their actions are in service of increasing the chances of survival of the entirety of the human race. Nothing they do is actually ethically in the wrong compared to what the task is. That's how it goes. First you see all these killings, in the first 5 mins they kill a child and then they shoot up a school just to set someone up. That's the writers telling you about the paradox of infinite risk. Nothing they do is wrong. Or as they said:
"This rock gives you permission to do anything, because, ultimately, we're all just the blink of an eye."

the rock in question is the world's oldest rock, like 3.6 billion years old, and as long as you can keep that in mind you'll understand that you can do anything and everything, and more importantly that your life without some higher goal, as in assuring the long term survival of the human species, is utterly meaningless. The father that takes out the virus and then goes home to shoot his own children, he does that preciesly because of this philosophy.

How can you people even watch movies/television without using your brain for a second? That just amazes me desu
>>
Was Pietre autistic?
>>
File: 1462307980549.jpg (8KB, 207x244px) Image search: [Google]
1462307980549.jpg
8KB, 207x244px
>>81333564

anon this shit doesn't exist in a vacuum. someone wrote this tryhard tripe and probably jerked of over how much of an edgelord he is. the fact that there's a justifiable explanation inside the narrative does not excuse the writer.

and from what you're saying it seems it's not purely shock value, but it's definitely being used that way by the producers.

i understand what you're saying but this doesn't write itself, i'm pretty much convinced the started with 'muh edgy kidskilling' and worked it back from there.
>>
>>81333761
>someone wrote this tryhard tripe and probably jerked of over how much of an edgelord he is

go back to read it
>>
>>81333761
Why is edgy bad?
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.