[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't get it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: sddefault.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
sddefault.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
I don't get it
>>
retard
>>
Did you read the Pipe Strip?
>>
>>81329100
Dozens of times, but I must be missing something
>>
File: 1488669272178.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488669272178.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>81329086
Do you understand?
>>
>>81329086
HE
HAS
THE
PIPE
>>
>>81329086

it's pretty simple really.

jon wanted to smoke his pipe, but it was nowhere to be found.

the cat had his pipe.

garfield had it.

garfield was smoking the pipe.

it's not that difficult to understand.
>>
>>81329086

Cats can't smoke pipes silly!
>>
>>81330486
but Garfield could.
>>
>>81330481
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>81330592
Is Garfield a cat?

Or is a cat Garfield?
>>
>>81329191
i dont understand the relevance of that paper
he was the one who wrote it in the first place
>>
>>81329086
it's kind of like michelaneglo's sistine chapel, except it's not held back having to appease christian officials

it's a reflection of the nature of reality brilliantly captured in just 3 panels
>>
>John is the orderly one, places things in their assigned places
>Garfield disrupts this order

>John, order is on the left
>Garfield, chaos is on the right

>mfw its a comic strip about the second law of thermodynamics

there is no way this was just accidental
>>
>>81329191
Many of you say 'Oh, but I am not blind. I have never been blind.' But when you truly see you will understand just how truly blind you once were to even think it right to say you were not blind. What does a blind man see? Blackness. Darkness. Blankness. Black-darkness. Dark-blankness. The absence of things. Quite literally no-thing. No-things. Nothing. Nothings. So you see, nothing. And I bring you into the light. A cat has your pipe. You've been blind, do you understand this? The cat has your pipe!

You can't fully immerse yourself. You don't have the light. You don't have the radiance, the radical light, the radically radiant light of truth and truth's belonging love and nature of light and loving truthful radiance. So don't be bold and make bold statements, I know of you. The cat has your pipe.

The. Cat. Has. Your. Pipe. Remember that.
>>
>>81330803
I really liked the connection between the pipe and John's masculinity as well. A fucking cat stealing his masculinity just underlined how weak John really was. This could've been a dramatic scene in a great film, a scene where John understands that he cannot run away from own weakness anymore.
>>
>>81330693
But it's more than just the 3 panels. It's also the darkness between them.
>>
There was one particular smoking cat, a boy, from... yes, Indiana, a boy named Ernie Barguckle, who became a thorn in the side of the tobacco companies for a couple of years... He did more than tattle to his parents; he and his family took legal action, and they eventually received a huge settlement payout...

But that name is too similar... Ernie Barguckle...

Jon Arbuckle.

Jim Davis must have used this.

There's more here. Ernie Barguckle spent nearly half of that settlement money on experimental medical procedures to cure his... impotence. He was impotent.
>>
Llewyn ... is ... the cat.
>>
>>81330652
It is whatever Jim Davis wanted it to be.
>>
>ywn be THIS skilled at writing
>never will use your writing skills to make elaborate memes
>>
cats don't have lips
>>
>>81332454
>You will never be Nolan
>>
>>81329086
kino
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.