[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crowdfunding cancelled shows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

What are the reasons people don't crowdfund cancelled shows so they can continue at least on the internet?
>>
Why should I pay someone who is already rich to make shows for me? Why wouldn't they gamble their own life savings and profit from themselves?
>>
>>81322195
Because noone ever does it and everything stays cancelled for years or forever
>>
>>81321855
The network that owns the rights usually doesn't want to give it up.
>>
>>81321855
Because crowdfunding is a scam and 98% of people can hear the basic idea of it and say "yea that's a scam"
>>
>>81321855
I guess its hard to get the actors together, scheduling's a bitch. Also some of the actors might've just quit or died
>>
>>81322431
So that means we have to first discuss the price with the network and then get enough money to buy them off and to pay for the whole production. That's a fucking lot but still can be done with just enough fans, right?
>>
>>81321855
Copyright you fucking retard
>>
>>81322673
>things that will never happen: the post

literally one of the most reddit ideas I've ever heard
>>
>>81322673
if a show had that many fans it probably wouldn't have been cancelled
>>
>>81321855
Making a full season of tv is extremely expensive, many many times the amount of the highest earning Kickstarters.
>>
File: Jericho-exerpt.jpg (115KB, 365x208px) Image search: [Google]
Jericho-exerpt.jpg
115KB, 365x208px
>>81321855
JERICHO FANS SENT TRUCKLOADS OF PEANUTS TO CBS UNTIL THEY MADE ANOTHER SEASON OF THE SHOW

NUCLEAR CIVIL WAR IN AMERICA WAS A SPICY PREMISE FOR NETWORK TV
>>
>>81323098
Googled it, it's a few millions per episode (1 to 12 depending on the show). Cartoons cost 1-2 millions for a half-our episode. So a season would cost approximately shitton. Now I get it, thx reddit I mean 4chan
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.