[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghost in the Shell 2017

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 280
Thread images: 83

File: 117694.jpg (89KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
117694.jpg
89KB, 1280x720px
It was good. How could any fan of sci-fi, let alone gits itself, not appreciate this American take.

This movie was superior to tfa, fake star wars movies, marvel, disney shit. It felt closer to a real star wars movie than the star wars of today. Yet it can never be judged fairly because of bullshit sjw controversy, something that has absolutely nothing to do with the movie itself.

The casting choices were damn near perfect if you actually watch the movie, especially the Major. Very few women in Hollywood, let alone a Japanese actress could have pulled off this look, an obviously Western/European voluptuous woman, no matter how much those will try and convince themselves it's not just idealized beauty illustrated by a Japanese man. I can't even find any snapshots of when she looked her best in the movie. People act like there's tons of lead women that could command and sell a major picture.

I mean, shit, that looked like Section 9 to me, and as far as a hollywood adaption of a freaking anime goes I couldn't ask for more. People that can't see this movie for what it is and instead focus on irrelevant bullshit are cancer, and are the reason we can't have nice things like decent anime Hollywood adaptions and more of this great world that was created by the staff of this Ghost in the Shell movie.

Enjoy your nigger L, faggots.
>>
>>81313533
It is good. Don't be fooled by the disney/marvel shills on here.
>>
This movie was a travesty and went against everything that made the canon unique.

The major is a whiny weak willed woman who is obsessed with her identity to the point of open rebellion against section 9.

Aramaki is both an asshole and bitch when lets the major disobey a direct order without punishment.

She finds and speaks with her mother and was a fucking rebellious runaway antitech terrorist

Its an americanized superwoman robocop identity crisis with none of the soul that made the original likable.

And the spider tank looks like some kinda at-at reject.
>>
Torrent when
>>
>>81313807
Also for some reason Saito is black even though he only has one line in the film.
>>
>>81313884
uh no? he was clearly a japanese man
>>
>>81314096
you're right i was thinking of Ishikawa
>>
>>81313533
you lie sir
>>
>>81313609
but its not
>>
>>81313533
Didn't watch it yet but I'm expecting it to be an intense visual experience at the very least, which is more than what I could expect from this type of movie. Everything I see makes the world / set design in the movie look sexy as fuck.
>>
>>81316746
its pretty but the plot will piss you off
>>
>>81316790
I already expect it to fail in that regard so it'll be hard to disappoint me. Also not a die hard fan of the series. Always preferred Akira and Blade Runner desu.
>>
>>81313533
spidertank boss fight was one of the worst climax scenes in recent memory.

it's like they ran out of budget so they set it at night where they didn't have to light shit or populate the streets with any interesting scenery.

the third act really let the thing down. It's just average overall.
>>
>>81317144
wtf was that thing, looked like an aborted at-at baby
>>
But in all seriousness, it was actually really good. Just as good as the original, novelty notwithstanding, and an absolute visual feast.
>>
>>81317485
eh, art direction was nice but it rarely gave you time to drink it in.

the action was also really perfunctory and not very interestingly staged. You just see muzzle flashes then people falling down. There were no dynamics to the fighting.
>>
I was disappointed during the opening that they used some vague Clint Mansell abortion instead of the original haunting japanese old lady choir. I thought it would have been amazing but, oh well, I guess they couldn't get the rights to use it or some shit.
Except they had the original song play during the end credits. I really don't understand that decision.
>>
>>81317485
major was ugly and scarlett did a bad job

They also made her a whiney american.
>>
i watched the camrip btw
>>81313533
the opening weekend is over, your boss is not happy clearly but you are too late, better luck next time.
>>
>>81317485
"THEY DIDNT SAVE YOUR LIFE THEY TOOK IT WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE HUMAN HOW DOES IT FEEL I MISS MY MOMMY"

Wow, so deep and memorable!
>>
>>81317767
you haven't seen the original animes have you. they're all full of empty philosophizing. it's part of its DNA.
>>
>>81317573

The art direction is under selling it... The CGI and score was great. I though what the movie made up in clear action sequences, it made up for in gorgeous visuals and atmosphere.
But the spider tank sequence was pretty dope.

I would add that I saw it in IMAX 3D, and probably wouldn't have enjoyed it in a lesser presentation.
>>
>>81317841
I honestly think the Total Recall remake was better overall.

and in terms of batshit techno-anime, Paul WS Anderson's Resident Evil movies are more in the spirit of Japanese manga than GITS was.
>>
>>81313533
I thought it was charming and my sister liked it
>>
>>81317829
This couldn't be further from the truth.

This one is literally a story of teenage angst.
She finds her mommy and fights the big bad corporation after she meets her failed aborted brother.

pure shit

Also why the fuck do they call her major?
She just got born and has never served in the military and they all just call her major anyway.

The original is about the creation of a completely new form of life.

An AI that merges with a human ghost.

It asks the question that if our brains are basically computers processing information than what separates us from an AI that can do the same?

Did the puppetmaster have a ghost before merging with the major?

Does the major still have a ghost or was it overwritten?

See the difference?
>>
>>81317829
I've seen everything GITS. It wasn't this hamfisted and dumbed down in any of its iterations.
>>
>>81313533
The production value was great, but some of scenes they tried to re create from the 1995 film felt like cheap fan service. The spider tank scene really comes out of nowhere.
>>
>>81313533
I agree. Fucking loved this movie and so wanna see it again.

Scarjo turned out to be really good as Major.
The casting of Batou was a 10/10
>>
File: CM-32.jpg (138KB, 959x689px) Image search: [Google]
CM-32.jpg
138KB, 959x689px
>>81313807

Spider tank is an upside down Asus modem
>>
Dont let the SJW win this.

The movie was a solid KINO/10....

Go see it for the love of god!!!!
>>
>>81318040
the Ghost in this is a play on a dead person, since she is a reincarnation of a dead girl. I thought that was a pretty neat take on the material.

All the anime had half-assed questions of artificial identity that ultimately aren't any more sophisticated than the usual Philip K Dick/Blade Runner inspired movie or tv show.
>>
>>81318194

>Eat this shit because a few annoying faggots want it to fail

I think not.
>>
File: 1491385978273.png (1MB, 1600x566px) Image search: [Google]
1491385978273.png
1MB, 1600x566px
ARISE MAJOR IS THE BEST
>>
>>81318249
>since she is a reincarnation of a dead girl.

It's never implied in this that she is anything other than a human brain in a cyborg body.

They don't play with it at all.
>>
File: 13256263474.png (2MB, 2394x800px) Image search: [Google]
13256263474.png
2MB, 2394x800px
>>
File: 1491151213898.gif (866KB, 352x224px) Image search: [Google]
1491151213898.gif
866KB, 352x224px
>>81318249

>The ghost in this is even less of a metaphor than in the original
>That's a neat change to me!
>>
>>
>>81318349
you don't launch a budding international franchise by making it the most complicated thing you can think of. You start with the basics, otherwise you'll be Warcraft.

It's fine for what it is, and it was clearly made with future sequels and follow ups in mind.
>>
>>81318394
if you keep posting stills maybe the movie will get better and you'll convince at least one person to buy a ticket
>>
File: GhostInTheShell.jpg (600KB, 1633x612px) Image search: [Google]
GhostInTheShell.jpg
600KB, 1633x612px
Being one of the first to see it felt amazing
>>
>>81318456

>Literally admitting the movie is dumbed down trash compared to the original that it was an adaptation of.

Cool, must be why the originals got sequels and this one never will. :^)
>>
>>81318456
They have better basics to start from.

They went with forgettable americanized female power is weakness bullshit.
Big bad corporation kidnaps teenage rebel and turns her into killing machine but she gets away and is like fuck you!

This is supposed to be her origin story now?

Not orphaned and crippled as a child and the first whole prosthetic body user ever.

Trained from a young age to be able to interface with cybernetics and control herself better than any other user of a full prosthetic.

Raising through the ranks of the military to become a major.

Merged with a sentient AI which gives her god like hacking powers.

Is literally a new superior form of life.

But no they went with whiney teenager has first existential crisis and rebels against daddy.
>>
Just saw it, was surprised how weeb it was. Was good overall, now I'm sitting in a ground round eating nachos and drinking beer
>>
>>81318663
stop making me defend something I'm not even that enthusiastic about.
>>
>>81318663
You know nothing about Major's childhood. She very well could have trained in martial arts and done a lot before rebelling

Someone have that image of Scarjo sitting on the lab bed next to Motoko as they are looking at each other? It was posted from some art book I think. This scene was deleted in the final cut of the movie but they did actually film a whole scene of Motoko and Scarjo together at HANKA
>>
>>81318746
>She very well could have trained in martial arts and done a lot before rebelling

Which would make sense, if they didn't wipe her fucking memory.
>>
>>81313533

Not better than the anime but way better than Force Awakens and Cape Shit
>>
>>81313533

Agree with everything you said

weebs be mad
>>
This movie was sick /tv/ hates everything
>>
>>81318766
wiping someone's memory doesn't mean they lose their abilities.

Did Jason Bourne lose his abilities to fight when he didn't remember anything? No
>>
File: 0326347487.png (271KB, 580x469px) Image search: [Google]
0326347487.png
271KB, 580x469px
>>
>>81318040
>This couldn't be further from the truth.

>>can an ai be human?

wow so deep and philosophical lol
>>
File: Major Green Screen To Final.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Major Green Screen To Final.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Amazing CGI work
>>
>>81318910
It's more like if an AI an human fuck is the result human?
>>
>>81318857
Major remember the basics of CQC
>>
>>81313533
Just got back from watching it. Never saw the anime, but I thought it was a solid 8/10 if not more. Visuals were great. Cars were god tier. Story felt a bit weak but nothing too wrong with. Supporting acting was great, and scarjo's acting ranged from meh to great. Asian mom lady stole the show acting wise (actually started to tear up involuntarily because it felt like an immigrant mom telling her story. I'm an immigrant to.) Enjoyed that it didn't have a doomsday scenario ending, rather one that was more personal.

If you have an reservations seeing it, just go see it.
>>
>>81319105
>Never saw the anime
WOW ANON! Watch it right now!

Makes you appreciate the movie more
>>
File: SAYNO.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
SAYNO.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
>>81313533

3 shill threads

EVERYDAY
>>
>>81319140
having been a fan of the anime, the movie, and the manga

i saw it then watched the anime GITS right after

the homage in scenes was cool, if forced at points

the story was a forgettable clusterfuck with absolutely nothing to do anime world at all

the thing that pisses me off most is there is no reason for her to be called the major in this movie

They never explain why they call her that either.
>>
>>81319140
Its sparked an interest. I don't enjoy anime/tv series because of the time commitment. Funny enough though, I have started watching cowboy bebop and like the aesthetic greatly.

I think this film can be comparable to the old speed racer by the wachowski bros (sis). Visual delight.
>>
File: 1483165375846.jpg (37KB, 333x333px) Image search: [Google]
1483165375846.jpg
37KB, 333x333px
>>81317485
>>
>>81319261
Ok so the movie storyline is different than the anime? That was the weak point for me in the film. Although, I must say I may have to give the anime some time before I watch it seeing as I just saw them movie. So it'll feel fresh when I see it.
>>
>>81318249
...wut? the titular GHOST concept should not be fucking meddled with. In any way. It is literally the backbone, the foundation, that the entire premise of the story and the metaphysics surrounding it rely on. There isn't even concrete evidence that a ghost even exists in the canon.

The ghost isn't just a soul, or just a proxy for it. There are questions of what it is (if it even exists) since it influences decisions on a personal level similar to a soul, but comprised entirely of 0's and 1's.

By GitS timeframe, religion as a whole is on the decline, society has just moved too far too fast to accommodate it. Humans create even more complex social structures and ego/id superconcepts and low and behold it starts to mimic those old religions.
But how can it?
And if it does, how innately "correct" were those assertations?
How can divinity be created?
Can you even create an entirely new thing?
What role does the individual play in a society that can simultaneously exhibit individualistic ideals and incorporate a hive mind of similar ideas?
What is individuality itself? are you individual because your singular nature, or your singular thoughts? without fully braindiving how can you even assume others think on a similar enough spectrum to facilitate your ideas into their own? If they can, does that make your ideas, which are individualistic, actually memetic? What impact does that hold?
What is individuality at all if you're very body doesn't belong to you? what about when it happens to your thoughts, your ideals?
How much of a person's life decisions are predicated on learned behavior or a priori behavior? How far can an individual bend or stretch those values at still consider it moral?
What is morality to an individual as opposed to the group?

The multinational corporations were always a backdrop. The story could be told entirely within the net, in a space that isn't even physical. The movie missed the fucking mark on why GitS is loved.
>>
>>81319261
>the thing that pisses me off most is there is no reason for her to be called the major in this movie
Because HANK got her to work with Section 9 that's way and she became the Major

What I would have liked is if HANKA put false memories in her, making it out that she did a lot more stuff before joining Section 9 like she did in Arise and that she called herself Major and brought that to Section 9 idk
>>
>>81318249

Ghost in the Shell is about an artificial character having consciousness and gradually becoming a way of life, they destroyed the whole meaning of the movie.
>>
>>81319330
the movie has nothing at all to do with either the anime or the previous animated movies

It suffers majorly for it, also it's a severe misread of the current public's ability to grasp concepts.

Maybe they're just scared that normal people will automatically hate the idea that there could be a superior lifeform to humanity and that we will create it.
>>
>>81318932

For you
>>
Thread in a nutshell
http://aeroni.com/gits/glossary/008.htm
>>
File: 1491227233642.png (471KB, 861x451px) Image search: [Google]
1491227233642.png
471KB, 861x451px
It's strange watching this and then noticing just how many things the Wachowski's took to base it off their Matrix

>The cyborgs have holes in the back of their neck and use this to plug in wires to source information
>Cyborgs can be hacked and experience hallucinations that put them in fake like worlds
>>
>>81319330
This movie is a re-imagining of the anime.

It's a standalone film that is based off the anime source material but it doesn't actually fit in any of the anime stories if that makes sense.

This movie is set in the universe of GitS BUT it has nothing to do with the actual anime versions.

I liked this decision instead of just copying a SAC episode or the 1995 movie.
>>
shill harder
>>
>>81319493
In Stand Alone Complex the Laughing Man is a cyberized kid with internet addiction in a special home for kids with that disorder. They are used to do data entry from within the net since thats all they would want to do given free will. His whole motivation comes from what he uncovers while doing this. Since he is cyberized there is no evidence his Ghost is even his, its heavily implied that the ghost is from the net, a unique lifeform born just from information nodes.

They turn people into data entry nodes for a better running society. Essentially exploiting them, and reasoning it is for good.
>>
File: toomuch.jpg (3MB, 2336x3720px) Image search: [Google]
toomuch.jpg
3MB, 2336x3720px
>>81317940
>>
>>81319622
I've never watched SAC. I should get onto that
>>
>>81319435
Thanks. I did feel the story was a bit over the place tone wise, and felt too simplistic. But honestly the movie 2hr format is probably too short for an action movie to expound on those themes. Hence the basic plot.

>>81319560
are the GitS fans mad about this movie? I read a terrible "white washing" article with Asian actresses bashing the movie, while I quite enjoyed it.
>>
no one's falling for this
better hope China can bail you out
>>
>>81317940
>Paul WS Anderson's Resident Evil movies
The first 3 are 8/10 flicks. You have to admit that.

Whilst the rest...
>>
if your white, get out of your basement and see this movie, don't let the SJW kikes win
>>
>>81319674
>are the GitS fans mad about this movie?
Yes they don't like that there isn't any deep philosophy dialogue and that Major's origin shouldn't have been told but to me I loved her origin in this.

As a standalone movie it was great to give her backstory in a live action movie and end the movie on a positive note that closes all lose ends in case this doesn't get a sequel, then to me it is a great standalone movie with the spirit of the anime that doesn't try to just copy it but do its own thing.

And yeah critics even said that the movies plot twist made the white washing worse.

Fucking hell
>>
>>81319662
I hope you like Catcher in the Rye. If you do, you'll get even more out of it than you normally would.
>>
>>81319725
Already seen it

>That cinema vibration when Major smashed through the window at the beginning of film
I didn't see it in IMAX and it sounded great!
>>
>>81319815
good lad

i'm seeing it for the third time this friday
>>
>>81319746
>...that doesn't try to just copy it but do its own thing.

Except stealing every single iconic scene from the original. They took everything flashy, thinking that is what people liked. then they abandoned what people ACTUALLY liked about GitS.

Again, they missed the mark by orders of magnitude.

In videogames there is a saying:
>its not a bad game, its a bad x game
This movie is the perfect movie version of that.
>>
>>81313533

>It felt closer to a real star wars movie than the star wars of today
>closer to real star wars

Star Wars is about chivalry, honor, rescuing princesses from evil sorcerers that live in castles and that kind of fantasy shit but IN SPACE it can be argued it's not even sci-fi

What the flying fuck does that have to do with a dystopian near future cyberpunk sci-fi setting with pessimistic look on humanity and how did you make the connection between the two other than both feature advanced "pew-pew" technology ?
>>
File: gits2in31.jpg (14KB, 590x339px) Image search: [Google]
gits2in31.jpg
14KB, 590x339px
>>81319877
>implying the subplot of Batou's love for dogs wasn't well re-created
I don't get you weebs. So they cannot use iconic scenes in live adaptions, they cannot do anything original and they cannot copy the 1995 movie 100% because you would call it unoriginal.

You people can never make up your mind
>>
>>81319936
GitS is set in a future where everyone loves technology and uses it to their advantage like that Section 9 guy in the movie who got cyber enhanced so he can drink more.
>>
File: 12523634743857.png (1MB, 1063x570px) Image search: [Google]
12523634743857.png
1MB, 1063x570px
>>81318857
She needed to be in this outfit more
>>
>>81319746
Yeah. In the article with the asian actresses, they were bashing how the mother daughter relationship felt strange, and how Oulett (probably mispelled) looked directly at Major when she was being yelled at. A real asian would've avoided eye contact. But I they were just salty they weren't cast. I really liked the mom, and felt acting overall was really strong. I thought the "race" change from person to robot didn't feel strange at all. But I am on 4chan.

>>81319877
It's a bit hard not to predict these sorts of disappointments. Especially when they were trying to make this a global blockbuster. The original content is most likely always tossed aside to appeal to mass audiences.
>>
File: 13265236347.png (393KB, 780x395px) Image search: [Google]
13265236347.png
393KB, 780x395px
>>81320075
I think that anon from other thread is right. This is meant to be a future cab
>>
>>81320091
>I really liked the mom, and felt acting overall was really strong.
I've met some nice old ladies in my life and she resembled my experiences really well with old people who want to tell you their life story despite not even knowing you on a full personal level.
>>
How is it that no critics bring up the bathroom scene where Batou encounters a tranny? You'd think the SJW's would be all over that
>>
>>81320114
cars in this movie were orgasmically good. Makes me miss the sharp lines of the past.

>>81320142
Same. Reminded me of hispanic grandmas that would smother you with kindness. Made me tear up remembering people like that.
>>
>>81319937
No, we all made up our minds. We rejected the movie, based on our made up minds. The things they chose to change are the things we don't like. They changed the entire personality of the MAIN CHARACTER of the franchise. I don't see how any amount of you personally enjoying it makes us not enjoying it wrong.

YOU DON'T CHANGE THE MAIN CHARACTER THAT HAS BEEN INTERNALLY CONSISTENT FOR OVER 20 YEARS.
You just don't.

They didn't even get Batou right. His face is supposed to be broad like you posted, a lion's face. In the movie he had a cokehead's nose, all narrow and nostrils. He was supposed to be stoic, not weasely.
If you can't understand that they way he looked was integral to his personality (the major's guard dog, that she doesn't need) then you just fundamentally don't understand the characters or the reality they come from.
>>
File: 1187152268343.png (17KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1187152268343.png
17KB, 400x400px
>all the haters ITT
>the story wasnt exactly like the original series
>its american, I dont like it
>shills pls go
>scarjo hurrrr
>unironically agreeing with SJW in that the movie is cultural appropriation
You in the blue skirt
>>
>>81320179
I thought she just got an "enhancement" to pee like a dude. Although she could've just been a tranny.
>>
File: 1491387504359.jpg (2MB, 4928x3280px) Image search: [Google]
1491387504359.jpg
2MB, 4928x3280px
>>81320219
>"Are you going to visit me again?"
>"Yes... I will visit you again"
;_;
>>
>>81320251
false flag harder shill. We don't like it because it thematically isn't Ghost in the Shell.
>>
>>81320250
>They changed the entire personality of the MAIN CHARACTER of the franchise.
How did they change her? Stop picking at straws to hate the movie just cos it doesn't do the same thing as the anime did

>They didn't even get Batou right. His face is supposed to be broad like you posted, a lion's face. In the movie he had a cokehead's nose, all narrow and nostrils.
Oh man you weebs...
>>
>>81318733

Stop defending it then. What's wrong with you?
>>
Just saw this.

As a 23 year old half asian male who grew up on Adult Swim, I can attest that all of you horny autist fucks are going to like it.

Great gun play, ScarJo and the rest of the cast acted decently, cars and costumes were on point, story was engaging, visuals while not hyperrealistic, had a style all their own and you can't blame them for not spending more than the $110 million they already did on graphics.

Some great scenes and some nice shots thrown in there for good measure as well. Some of the more emotional parts in the lawless zone were stronger than anything I saw in Logan, Life, Hacksaw Ridge, or really anything else I've seen recently other than Moonlight and La La Land.

They fucked up the spider tank though. Also the monologue at the end was kinda heavy handed but whatever, some of you kids are retarded.

Good overall. Go see it in theaters so they don't lose anymore god damn money.

Also the whitewashing crap is bullshit. There were a decent amount of asian actors, and until Asia or Asian Americans in the States make up some huge majority of viewers, whitewashing is actually correct, but that is a discussion for another time.
>>
>>81320179
Because all the JSW's are boycotting the movie they have no idea that scene even exists.
>>
>>81320347
In the first scene where she goes all matrix, she disobeys aramaki to do it.

In the scene like it in the anime she's like if we don't get the go order, lets go get some beers.
>>
File: 2ec (2).png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec (2).png
572KB, 600x580px
>>81320395
>Because all the JSW's are boycotting the movie they have no idea that scene even exists.
kek you are actually right
>>
>>81320420
>she disobeys aramaki to do it.
yeah and then aramaki in another scene asks her "why did you disobey me" and they have a chat together.

Reminder this version of GitS is different and that HANKA placed Major in Section 9 and Major didn't approach her and ask her approval to be with them.
>>
File: 1187152301182.jpg (23KB, 480x334px) Image search: [Google]
1187152301182.jpg
23KB, 480x334px
>>81320321
>shill
nope. GitS is one of my favorite animes and stories of all time. I used to stay up till 11:30 as a kid to see GitS. The plot changes didnt really phase me that much, if I want the original themes and ideas I'll watch the original material. Most of the plot was there anyways, the biggest change was Motoko's background and the relationship between Section 9 and the company that supplied their body prosthetic.
>>
>>81320454
>yeah and then aramaki in another scene asks her "why did you disobey me" and they have a chat together.

And she whines about shit and he's just cool about it, that's the kinda shit that gets you demoted at the least.

She respects aramaki too much to disobey him, except for the puppetmaster thing, and she kinda did just capture him
>>
>>81320251
Paramount Shill
>>
>>81320454
>Reminder this version of GitS is different and that HANKA placed Major in Section 9 and Major didn't approach her and ask her approval to be with them.

That's kinda the problem here
>>
File: 0125125236.png (483KB, 774x434px) Image search: [Google]
0125125236.png
483KB, 774x434px
Great scene
>>
>>81320375
Even my Mexican ass mom really liked this movie. She thought it was interesting and she really thought Scarjo was beautiful. She probably liked the missing daughter connection a lot.

It is a shame sjw's aren't celebrating this movie for having a decent female hero (although she was a robot).
>>
>>81320566
>a 30 second scene is more enjoyable than John Wick
>>
>>81320588
>It is a shame sjw's aren't celebrating this movie for having a decent female hero
BUT SHE'S A WHITE FEMALE
>>
>>81317485
Rupert your movie was shit and it deserved to flop
>>
>>81320347
The real major doesn't give a shit about her past life, until the second season of Stand Alone Complex it wasn't even known if she had a past life or if she was nothing but a Ghost. Her entire characterization comes from not fucking caring about that and focusing on who she is now and who she will be tomorrow.

She doesn't even care about her job, its just something she does because she has the skill (and wouldn't be able to flex it otherwise).

She cares about HERSELF. She is an individualist to the extreme. She just isn't the person you see in the live action movie.

I'm glad this movie is getting shit on. They did the same thing with the movie Chronicle (its just a poor man's Akira) but it was a smaller movie so it flew under people's radars.

They just fundamentally didn't get the source material. I don't know why people espousing this are in the wrong to you. It is perfectly valid to dislike something because it isn't done right. Its normal, whatever you are doing isn't.

You're subjective opinion is objectively wrong.
>>
It's so easy to spot a shill for this movie because they bring up whitewashing being bullshit as if literally anyone on /tv/ of all places has ever given a shit about it.
>>
>>81320640
Fuck off Rupert and everyone at Paramount put so much hard work into making this and you people don't give them the respect they deserve
>>
File: 1479885942504.jpg (57KB, 600x444px) Image search: [Google]
1479885942504.jpg
57KB, 600x444px
>>81313533
This movie is racist because they hired a white person to play the lead which is disgusting since everyone hates white people.

Many articles have been written about how the cast wasnt diverse enough which means it isnt a real movie that we as real movie fans can enjoy since it doesnt do enough to promote diversity which goes against hollywood.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ghost-shell-how-a-complex-concept-whitewashing-critics-kept-crowds-away-990661
>>
>>81320540
>the biggest change was the main character's entire motivation for her mode of thinking
>and I, as a huge GitS fan, love it

Eat shit. If you were a GitS fan you would be appalled at the idea of changing the ideology that is inherent to the story structure.

Its like watching citizen kane and thinking the movie is about the dangers of leaving snowglobes to close to your bed.
>>
>>81317573
>Perfunctory action scenes
>Not true to the style of the Anime
Pick one.

>There were no dynamics to the fighting.
Because they were primarily shootouts. What did you want? One of the things that makes Anime fantastic is the absolute lack of Gunkata.

>>81317659
>Major was ugly
Stop watching porn.

>>81317767
>Movie about seriously considering the intersection of humanity and technology, in this day and age of 6 year olds on Ipads and "wiretapping" that isn't even using wires but rather vulnerabilities in the firmware code of mundane electronic devices.
More meaningful than a lot of crap that has been coming out these days.

>>81318040
See you actually were into the Anime so of course you're going to have this criticism. Valid, but consider how small of a population actually were fans of the Anime.

>>81318055
>Hamfisted and dumbed down
>Hollywood meets Chinese production companies and make a $100 million dollar to appeal to your autism.
Pick both.

>>81318150
Underrated post.

>>81318194
Yeah this is kinda where I'm at.

>>81318456
Yeah around the start of the 3rd act I thought they were going to set up for a sequel then end it. They could have and I would have been happy.
Definitely eyeing the franchise but sadly SJWs killed the movie.

>>81319228
Go easy on them it cost an arm and a leg.

>>81319877
>its not a bad game, its a bad x game
>This movie is the perfect movie version of that.
What did he mean by this?

>>81320179
That shit was funny. Bring back gay jokes and making fun of trannys. Seriously.
>>
>>81320645

I enjoyed Ghost in the Shell

I don't give a shit about accuracy to the anime, I never saw it like 99% of the audience

fuck off
>>
File: GitSEnding.webm (655KB, 1280x690px) Image search: [Google]
GitSEnding.webm
655KB, 1280x690px
>>81320645
Remember this is a re-imagining of GitS and this is only 1 standalone movie that tries to close on a positive level. So of course they did her finding out about her origin because like I said this isn't a series like the anime.

It is based on the anime but it doesn't try to be exactly like it.

The filmmakers did their best to make this 1 movie while looking at dozens of source material and closing it on a good note without doing any cinematic universe end credits stuff.
>>
>>81317573
The scene where she fights the dudes with the glowing taser stick things and the camera cuts to a new angle every half a second made my eyes bleed.
>>
>>81320767
20 real life years passed before they revealed the Major's origins, and that was left ambiguous to leave it open ended. Doing a reveal, and a crappy one, in the first movie was a bush league error.
>>
>>81320856
I fixed up my comment cos I replied to someone on an entirely different thread somehow
>>81320822
You are still wrong. This was perfectly made as a standalone live action movie
>>
>>81320540
>>81320540
+1
Glad to see a true fan not so autistic and or open minded enough to enjoy a decent movie celebrating art that they find special.

>>81320566
Best scene of the movie IMO. Turned to my buddy and literally said
>That was the best scene.

>>81320645
>TL;DR
>>
>>81320822
see
>>81320856

News Flash retard: ALL iterations of GitS are a re-imagining, the other 5 versions just managed to be internally consistant with the original while ALSO updating for how tech changed in the time they updated it.

THAT is why you are wrong. Not because they decided to change things. ALL the series change things, they just change them in a sensible and still on-theme way.
>>
>>81320838
Yeah that actually did suck bad. Good eye.
>>
>>81320540
>mfw I can watch this movie with an open mind and understand that this doesn't follow any of the anime and is a re-imagining of events and respect to see Section 9 in film form without criticizing every little detail that doesn't make it feel like the anime
Why can't more do this?
>>
>>81320566
didn't like this scene until the one liner. Also the cars/ambiance really made it
>>
>>81320759
Let me know when any movie can get a blockbuster audience to sit through a 5 minute scene on a boat where the only thing that is moving on the screen are mouths and the topic is depressing as hell - then the scene cuts to a slideshow of shit in a river and a rainy city and other such things which is all a subtle metaphor addition the theme of the story.

Same thing with an elevator scene.

And there is the puppet master scene at the very end immediately after a battle which brings together all the imagery and themes of the movie.

Not going to happen man.
>>
>>81320838
>>81320985
This movie was like a big independent art project with Scarjo cast as the lead. I loved how it felt like that
>>
>>81321040
You forgot the spider tank shooting at the tree of life
>>
>>81321040
Also the anime has a lot of pauses in mid speech that wouldn't work well in live adaptation form. Anime and film are 2 different arts.

It wouldn't work to copy 100% an anime to live screen.
>>
>>81321040
You do know the original anime was a theatrical release in japan right? AND released stateside in some places, multiple times?

Just because you are a mouth breathing mongoloid doesn't mean everyone is. I sat thru 14 hours of the LotR trilogy in a single sitting because it was good. I've rewatched Stand Alone Complex more than once, because it was good.

People will sit thru things if they are good. What makes the thing good is subjective. Some like the nuanced and layered intrigue of the mind.

Some like pretty colors.
>>
>>81321040

It's almost like you shouldn't take something that has no business being dumbed down and then proceed to dumb it down for money.

Or is it asking too much?
>>
File: e_cover.jpg (27KB, 230x351px) Image search: [Google]
e_cover.jpg
27KB, 230x351px
>mfw I am a huge Doom fan
>Loved the decision to not make the demons actual demons and just failed experiments in a lab while also having some mystery to an unknown ancient civilization building the Mars Facility that no one knows who was responsible for it
I really do like when filmmakers use their imagination to adapt something to screen for a live audience.

I loved the brother and sister relationship between the main stars of the Doom movie where the brother is haunted by something horrible that happened to his parents on Mars many years ago. Far better than just taking the Doom game and just having the plot as a guy who kills demons with no emotional connection
>>
File: 1491386588851.jpg (151KB, 655x466px) Image search: [Google]
1491386588851.jpg
151KB, 655x466px
Yep, 100% agree OP. Really afraid it won't warrant a sequel and I NEED more ScarJo Major in my life!
>>
>>81321243
>won't warrant a sequel
choose your words wisely. I got a nice chuckle out of that.
>>
File: Happy Major.jpg (59KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
Happy Major.jpg
59KB, 1200x630px
So perfect. So cute.
>>
File: scarlett-johansson.jpg (28KB, 594x423px) Image search: [Google]
scarlett-johansson.jpg
28KB, 594x423px
>>81321243
were you that anon who color corrected this image from other thread?

How did you you get rid of the supersaturation of blue?
>>
File: ScarjoCute.webm (567KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ScarjoCute.webm
567KB, 1280x720px
>>81321322
>>
>>81313533
This sounds like you're shilling but I agree with the sentiment.

The movie wasn't bad at all. If you watched the series you could tell the director was trying to pull as much as he could out of it and meld it with the first movie's story.

The visuals were actually damn good and literally Kino in some places. Batou's weird fucking eyes actually had some moving lenses CGI'd into them and it looked fine - but they still did a gag with them to address the awkwardness anyway.

Unfortunately the movie had SJW's and weaboos attacking it from day one. SJWs simply because Scarlet is white, and anime faggots because they masturbate to Motoko and rewatch the movies thousands of times and developed a fixed immovable idea of the character.

If you simply watched the series and movies in the past you could take the movie for what it is - an earnest live adaption with some great sequences and visuals.
>>
File: 1491412295176.jpg (344KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491412295176.jpg
344KB, 1280x800px
>>81321351

I'm sorry I'm not I just saved his, no idea if its been corrected or he just found another one.
>>
File: 125236347.webm (960KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
125236347.webm
960KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>81313533
because the internet told them to hate it. Most of them haven't even watched it. It's a decent 7/10 one of the best sci fi movies this decade
>>81313857
go watch it in imax 3d you degenerate its worth it
>>
File: maxresdefault (7).jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (7).jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
>>81321389

Perfection.
>>
>>81321012
Autism.

>>81321032
Yeah the one liner was actually good. Plus his car was the best, and is clearly some kinda Z.

>I sat thru 14 hours of the LotR trilogy
First of all it isn't 14 hours, and secondly I did this too, when I was a teenager and NEET. This doesn't mean that you have good taste or that you're intelligent.

>>81321180
Unironically asking too much.
>>
>>81321228
Doom is criminally underrated.
>>
>>81321455
Was there a scene with that woman doctor before the Major jumps into that building cloaked? Missed it.
>>
File: maxresdefault (21).jpg (131KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (21).jpg
131KB, 1280x720px
>>81321455
>>
File: major-scarlett-johansson.png (212KB, 806x364px) Image search: [Google]
major-scarlett-johansson.png
212KB, 806x364px
>>81321501

Don't look so tired Major!
>>
>>81321482
The irony that Clint Mansell composed both DOOM and Ghost in the Shell
>>
File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (6).jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>tfw the thread starts early
>>
>>81321482
You know what, that line is too good not to hear it.

>>>/wsg/1627515
http://i.4cdn.org/wsg/1491450680642.webm
>>
>>81321518
where did you get this pic? This was cut out of the movie this close up of her face and the shelling sequence on youtube is of low quality of this scene
>>
>>81321463
When the first Hobbit came out they ran all 3 movies with the extended editions. I'm pretty sure its close to if not outright 14 hours, I'm too lazy to look it up. Anyway, the point is people will sit thru something if its good. the other guy was an actual pleb espousing actual pleb thoughts, because he personally couldn't understand how someone would like the slow but heavy scenes.
>>
File: art-by-jose-barrero.jpg (58KB, 710x909px) Image search: [Google]
art-by-jose-barrero.jpg
58KB, 710x909px
>>81321579

Google images
>>
>>81321180
If you were talking about the TV series then you'd have a point.

But the movies? Especially the second? They felt experimental and focused on stretching out the simple question of "what is humanity" into hours long dialogue. Motoko had very little sequences devoted to her to make her more empathetic. In fact the fucking basset Hound was more relatable than any character in the first 2 movies (maybe Batou as well).
>>
File: doom (1).jpg (27KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
doom (1).jpg
27KB, 400x300px
>>81321482
>that scene where the guy gets thrown into the pit and has to try and battle the demon while trying to climb up to reach the surface
I fucking loved that moment. I remember seeing it for the first time and wanting him to make it out until the demon pulled on the chain and he fell to his death :(

Such an adrendaline pumping scene
>>
It was decent,but animu fans are killingit for nothing.
Also, the world is nothing new to those who have seen TRON
>>
File: 1472583985293.jpg (168KB, 1033x679px) Image search: [Google]
1472583985293.jpg
168KB, 1033x679px
>>81321568
>>
>>81320734
>racist bc of a bunch of people with white guilt got offended bc thats all they do
>racism is fine if its against whites
if you're not baiting kill yourself
>>
File: ghost-in-the-shell-2.jpg (73KB, 1100x599px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-in-the-shell-2.jpg
73KB, 1100x599px
>>81321636

I'm still waiting on my wall papers, where are you photoshop fags.
>>
>>81321568
This needs to be my ring tone

Also
>this music starts playing str8 after
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huISOyWO9E8&index=21&list=PL3v3HvhabbNVT4jJDIWERpmwUdWxJG1zT
>>
>>81321228
???
Are you fucking joking?
That decision was TERRIBLE and ruined the movie
Also included a woman for no sane reason
Stupid drama for no reason

Also the Rock should have been the main character, I like him more than that other guy
>>
File: 12523437.png (364KB, 894x560px) Image search: [Google]
12523437.png
364KB, 894x560px
>>81321672
>Pulls pin off grenade
>"Like the kid said... go to hell"
>throws it in the portal
HOW THE FUCK CAN PEOPLE NOT LIKE THIS MOVIE??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCKu7aaa9Zk
>>
>AND MAKE SURE TO BUY AN XXL BOPCORN AND GOGAGOLA AND CHILI DOG AND DIPNDOTS WHEN YOU SEE IT IN IMAX 3D!!!!: the thread
>>
>>81321612

Characters don't need to be empathetic or relatable to be good and you know it. The fact that you knew so little about the Majors past was one of the things that enabled the movie to succeed in its thematic elements in the first place.
>>
>>81321709
You are the biggest troll

>THEY DIDNT COPY MY GAME PROPERLY
>WHY IS THERE A WOMAN IN MY DOOM MARS FACILITY
>WAAAA EMOTIONAL DRAMA IN MY DEMON FIGHTING GAME
Get the fuck out of here

People like you is why we can't have good video game movies anymore
>>
>>81321759
>Am I fitting in /tv/
>>
>>81321534

Wow, it's so ironic that these two movies share the same popular composer.
>>
>>81321782
Demons would have been massively better
Aliens? DNA crap? It's awful, totally implausible

We can't have good video game movies because they ruin the feel of it & make needless changes to it

Always want to throw fucking drama into it

All the best video game movies stay faithful to the source material & keep the role of women in them to a minimum.
>>
File: a62.png (262KB, 680x661px) Image search: [Google]
a62.png
262KB, 680x661px
>>81321867
>All the best video game movies stay faithful to the source material & keep the role of women in them to a minimum.
>>
>>81321942
>Hey guys lets add a woman because we totally need the female demographic
>Hey it'll be his sister
>And they will argue
>And it'll be totally pointless, nor have any bearing on the actual story

loved it
>>
File: 1490628983502.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1490628983502.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>81321867
>& keep the role of women in them to a minimum.
>>
>>81321986
>And it'll be totally pointless, nor have any bearing on the actual story
So you want just a "LE TOUGH GUY GOES AROUND KILLING EDGY DEMONS" for 2 hours with no emotional contact or story?
>>
>>81313533

ScarJo 10 years ago would have got away with it no one wants to see that flabby cow body anymore.
>>
>>81321826
What's really ironic is that Clint Mansell didn't include a guitar in his Ghost in the Shell score when his Doom soundtrack was a literal Nu-Metal album.

How did he manage?
>>
>>81322035
>with no emotional contact or story

lol...
It's a Doom movie for christ sake
Have him look at a picture of his wife & kids, then move on.
>>
>>81322117
>Have him look at a picture of his wife & kids, then move on to killing Demons for 2 hours
I am so glad you are not a writer in Hollywood
>>
File: ScarjoBeach.png (625KB, 410x700px) Image search: [Google]
ScarjoBeach.png
625KB, 410x700px
>>81322058
>He doesn't wanna cuddle with Scarjo's cute tummy
mfw I will never eat pizza and drink coca cola with Scarjo while watching a movie together

IT'S NOT FAIR ;_;
>>
>>81322058
she's skinnier than anyone you know fat fuck
>>
>>81322146
So you believe that it's impossible to produce a movie without some sort of "emotional" filler?

Do you EVER see anyone posting youtube clips of that filler? No, It's all useless and harmed the movie.
>>
>>81322058
Rude.

She looked good.
>>
>>81322200
the emotional filler keeps females from walking out
>>
>>81322200
I am someone who always loves emotional stories.

Also, Clint Mansell did a fabulous job with the brother/sister theme of the Doom movie that had a great orchestral feel. The movie should have had more of this type of music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsO2Ii_axM0&list=PL3v3HvhabbNVT4jJDIWERpmwUdWxJG1zT
>>
File: BikeRideTime.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BikeRideTime.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>81322231
>>
File: 23152363247.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
23152363247.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>She will never splash you with water
>>
>>81321228
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBuoXMUmaVQ

I tried to sneak myself through, tried to get to the other side
I had to patch up the cracks and the holes that I have to hide
For a little bit of time even made it work okay
Just long enough to really make it hurt
When they figured me out and it all just rotted away
Don't you fucking know what you are? [x3]
Go on get back to where you belong!
You better take a good look cause I'm full of shit
With every bit of my heart I've tried to believe in it
You can dress it all up, you can try to pretend
But you can't change anything
You can't change anything
In the end
Don't you fucking know what you are? [x3]
Go on get back to where you belong!
>>
>>81322183
Scarjo looks like that?
Who's her personal trainer? Ronald McDonald?
>>
File: Scarjo.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Scarjo.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>81322439
She's pretty fit compared to majority American woman
>>
File: 1491390990808.jpg (92KB, 500x703px) Image search: [Google]
1491390990808.jpg
92KB, 500x703px
>>81322058

Shes beautiful take that back now.
>>
>>81322439
taco bell
Haven't you heard (read) it?
>>
File: 1468996955798s.jpg (168KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
1468996955798s.jpg
168KB, 500x428px
>>81322344
checked, also

CUTE
U
T
E
>>
File: 1318515409276.jpg (42KB, 387x600px) Image search: [Google]
1318515409276.jpg
42KB, 387x600px
>>81313533
Saw it on monday, 11PM showing. Silently theather, not too much public, near perfect comfyness

...It was FUCKING GREAT

Watched it tripping on LSD with a guy and his girlfriend.

At the end, this movie opened their feelings and their minds a little bit and allowed me to do a threesome with them.

I will never forget that day.

This saturday Im planning to watching it again with another girl. if dubs I will sex her for sure.
>>
File: Ghost-in-the-Shell-poster.jpg (1MB, 2119x3138px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost-in-the-Shell-poster.jpg
1MB, 2119x3138px
Is it just me or is Linken Park's New Divide song literally made for this movie?

I remember black skies
The lightning all around me
I remember each flash
As time began to blur
Like a startling sign
That fate had finally found me
And your voice was all I heard
That I get what I deserve

So give me reason
To prove me wrong
To wash this memory clean
Let the floods cross
The distance in your eyes
Give me reason

To fill this hole
Connect this space between
Let it be enough to reach the truth that lies
Across this new divide

There was nothing inside
The memories left abandoned
There was nowhere to hide
The ashes fell like snow
And the ground caved in
Between where we were standing

In every loss in every lie
In every truth that you deny
And each regret and each goodbye
Was a mistake too great to hide

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysSxxIqKNN0
>>
File: tfcffxzfrqswiiykwiva.jpg (28KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
tfcffxzfrqswiiykwiva.jpg
28KB, 620x470px
>>81322344

>tfw not born in the future so you will never have a likelike VR scarjo waifu
>>
File: 1254216523.webm (641KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1254216523.webm
641KB, 1280x720px
>>81322540
>And the ground caved in
>Between where we were standing
>>
File: scarjew.jpg (168KB, 748x695px) Image search: [Google]
scarjew.jpg
168KB, 748x695px
>>81322058
>>
File: fvhdlyfaenykju3lwh4a.jpg (27KB, 800x384px) Image search: [Google]
fvhdlyfaenykju3lwh4a.jpg
27KB, 800x384px
>>81322540
>In every loss in every lie
>In every truth that you deny
>And each regret and each goodbye
>Was a mistake too great to hide
>And your voice was all I heard
>That I get what I deserve
>>
>>81322439

You know stars don't keep up the rigirlous workout routines that make them atheletic looking for movies all year around. There is an off season, and depending on what kind of movies you're doing, off years.

I mean shes going to have to get back into shape for how ever many more marvel movies they plan on doing. Also I saw her on Conan like 3 weeks ago and she looked skinny as hell and gorgeous as always with short hair.
>>
>>81322440
it was pretty hard to not pull my cock out right there in the theaters
>>
>>81322603
please post more of these anon,they're really interesting where did you find them?
>>
File: 21-atxl.jpg (97KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
21-atxl.jpg
97KB, 500x750px
>>81322669
>There is an off season, and depending on what kind of movies you're doing, off years.
This reminds me of Adam Gontier. His band had a break few years ago and he got so fat I remember seeing him on an interview and being like "HOLY SHIT" but then he somehow managed to get real back into shape again.

How the hell do actors like Christian Bale get so skinny and fit in a manner of months?
>>
>>81318456

Warcraft literally did nothing with the actual story of the game. It's 90% made up for the movie. That movie was extremely basic.
>>
>>81322636
I came....gracias..
>>
File: 1491400769953.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491400769953.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>81322603

How much behind the scenes did they release, jesus. Thats so cool though, and soo much they have.

Thanks to the anon out there again who made all these, I save them all.

Man I really liked this movie, it wasnt anything mind blowing, or even amazing but the overall aesthetic, great supporting cast all just worked so so well. I have very few complaints, things like how they revealed Majors past and the bad guy being very black and white.
>>
File: FilmingCarRide.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FilmingCarRide.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>81322729
>where did you find them?
Is from a youtube video, behind the scenes.
>>
File: 1479947022621.jpg (153KB, 1000x1195px) Image search: [Google]
1479947022621.jpg
153KB, 1000x1195px
>>81322636

I want her so bad.
>>
File: BatouAtClub.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BatouAtClub.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
I want an extended cut with the long Batou club walk in cos they cut it out in the movie version apart from Batou starring at 1 chick as he says something to Major before going into the bathroom.
>>
>>81322750

It's their job. They can focus on it all day every day with personal trainers and cooks.

Say what you will about actors but transforming your body in the time some of them do and commitment to going from fit to fat to fit again are not something easily done.

Its probably one of the best jobs out there because along with the fame and fortune it will ensure you have amazing health if you don't let yourself descend into drug addiction and gluttony.
>>
>ScarJo waifu posting

Absolutely pathetic
>>
>>81313533
>american
Its like 50% chinese, dude
>>
File: 1491407529108.jpg (45KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1491407529108.jpg
45KB, 640x360px
>>81322909

I'm sorry anon, I'm powerless before her beauty. How can you not be?
>>
File: 12362347348_2.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
12362347348_2.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>81317144
Apparently they cut 30 minutes from the last act between focus tests and cinema release.
>>
>>81322944
>All this practical dedication
>Weebs still shit on it
SAD
>>
>>81322729

Some anons been making them since the thread last night.
>>
>tfw can't tell if I should go see it this weekend or if people are trolling
>>
>>81322959
>Apparently they cut 30 minutes from the last act between focus tests and cinema release.
This makes sense. Hopefully we get an unrated cut.

>between focus tests
Let me guess... the test screen audience was bored with more explanation of Kuze's cyber connected system and just wanted it to be Major origin? Because I know there was more Kuze filmed.
>>
File: 1491367626362.jpg (2MB, 4000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1491367626362.jpg
2MB, 4000x2000px
>>81322944

Holy fuck that was practical. Wow.

No fucking wonder I love this movie so much, so many practical effects.
>>
>>81322979
I am not trolling. I was one of the first people to actually see the movie.

This is me
>>81318621
I loved the cinema experience of seeing it and really enjoyed it for what it was: a standalone cyberpunk movie based on the anime.
>>
>>81323018

>>Apparently they cut 30 minutes from the last act between focus tests and cinema release.

Why.. Why do these strangers always have to ruin my fucking movies man.
>>
>>81313533
>It was good. How could any fan of sci-fi, let alone gits itself, not appreciate this American take.
>This movie was superior to tfa, fake star wars movies, marvel, disney shit. It felt closer to a real star wars movie than the star wars of today. Yet it can never be judged fairly because of bullshit sjw controversy, something that has absolutely nothing to do with the movie itself.
>The casting choices were damn near perfect if you actually watch the movie, especially the Major. Very few women in Hollywood, let alone a Japanese actress could have pulled off this look, an obviously Western/European voluptuous woman, no matter how much those will try and convince themselves it's not just idealized beauty illustrated by a Japanese man. I can't even find any snapshots of when she looked her best in the movie. People act like there's tons of lead women that could command and sell a major picture.
>I mean, shit, that looked like Section 9 to me, and as far as a hollywood adaption of a freaking anime goes I couldn't ask for more. People that can't see this movie for what it is and instead focus on irrelevant bullshit are cancer, and are the reason we can't have nice things like decent anime Hollywood adaptions and more of this great world that was created by the staff of this Ghost in the Shell movie.
>Enjoy your nigger L, faggots.
>>
File: 1252363474387.png (581KB, 775x414px) Image search: [Google]
1252363474387.png
581KB, 775x414px
>>81323036
Some of the movie they did CGI over bits like the lights coming on, they CGI'd a machinery base that the lights were connected to.

But still, really great work by WETA. They made a practical cyborg skeleton and all
>>
File: 14453526565790 (1).jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
14453526565790 (1).jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>81323061
>Why.. Why do these strangers always have to ruin my fucking movies man.
because screen test audiences are some of the most dumbest people

>It's an anime but we want more American audience
>So cut out Kuze's explanation of why he has all those people connected up to some sever and just keep Major's origins
>"Why not both"
>"Cos the Americans will get bored"
>>
File: 0125326437.png (592KB, 994x530px) Image search: [Google]
0125326437.png
592KB, 994x530px
>>81323162
An extra 5 minutes of this scene really wouldn't have hurt the pace at all. Who knows, there could have been SOME philosophy that the weebs complain the movie was missing.
>>
File: 0152363247.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
0152363247.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>81323194
>>
As expected, Scarlett's pubescent fags support this
>>
File: PittGettingReady.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
PittGettingReady.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>81323277
You know the character is good when Michael Pitt seems this serious in thought before filming begins
>>
File: 1287371414121.jpg (69KB, 325x324px) Image search: [Google]
1287371414121.jpg
69KB, 325x324px
>>81322944
K I N O
I
N
O
>>
File: poooolf.jpg (99KB, 1864x700px) Image search: [Google]
poooolf.jpg
99KB, 1864x700px
>>81323116

No, they didn't do a good job, because all the essence is wrong.
The correct would be a body with muscles and functions equal to the human body.
But they decided to make a metalic body.
Everything in this movie is wrong, the whole concept is wrong.
And one of the biggest flops of this days and with merit.
>>
>>81323465
>this IMAGINARY THING THAT DOESN'T EXIST is wrong
>that particular IMAGINARY THING THAT DOESN'T EXIST is right
Fucking weebs
>>
>>81323308

Was really surprised by him. I liked him Boardwalk Empire and a couple other things I'd seen. This role also didn't seem like something he could do but he did great.
>>
>>81323308
Can you imagine how great it would've been if he actually played the real Kuze?
>>
File: Geisha.png (2MB, 1547x827px) Image search: [Google]
Geisha.png
2MB, 1547x827px
I don't think the Geisha's lit up. This was probably a test when they were deciding how it should look. Anyway the practical machine work is amazing
>>
>>81323277

How do they know how well this shit will look on film? The hair there looks terrible but it was fine in the movie. What happens though it doesn't and they can't go back and reshoot?
>>
>>81323552
nah the refugee references will make SJW's be like "Section 9 is pro Trump for calling Kuze a terrorist for being pro refugee"
>>
>>81323277
How does he look amazing as half CGI but Cyborg in Justice League looks terrible?
>>
>>81323116

>WETA

Oh cool I had no idea. No wonder everything looked so great.

I loved the weird almost 3D printed looking weapons the garbage men had.
>>
>>81323661
The ancient lost art of subtlety. He is not front and center frame, he is not lit up like a christmas tree. Filmmakers let your imagination run free with the character design instead of ramming a lego brick down your throat.
>>
File: 21542153274.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
21542153274.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>
>>81322979

You should anon, it's won't be a waste of your time and it's a beautiful looking movie.
>>
>it's RT score

First time in a while I've been actually angry at a Rotten Tomatoes score. It's going to hurt it and it in no way deserves to be as low as it is.
>>
File: CIA.png (603KB, 851x701px) Image search: [Google]
CIA.png
603KB, 851x701px
>"They work for Section 9... the skin suit girl..."
>"MAJOR?"
>>
File: 01245235326.png (519KB, 950x534px) Image search: [Google]
01245235326.png
519KB, 950x534px
>And without warning the window glass abruptly exploded as a Geisha grabbed hold of his neck and began the hacking process
>"WAIT... THIS CANNOT BE HAPPEN... I'M IN CHARGE HERE!"
>>
>>81323725
great fucking scene, holy shit i wanna watch this movie again now
>>
>>81323799
Major Kusanagi, I'm HANKA.
>>
>>81314373

>you didnt even see it shit troll
>>
>>81314234

Ishikawa and Bouma were both black.
>>
>>81323940
in the movie or the anime?

cuz def not in the anime
>>
>>81323840
The project data I filed with Mr.Cutter lists me, section 9, Major Kusanagi here but only one of you.
First one to interface gets to stay in my cyberspace.
>>
Lot of loyalty for a hacked geisha.
Who hacked you to nab Dr. Osmund?
>>
>>81322769
Why does a completely mechanical body need to exhale?
>>
Great aesthetics all around.

I actually do give credit people giving this movie 10/10, because the bar for western live action movie genre is EXTREMELY low with movies like The Last Airbender and Dragonball. So now they have go to film. Too bad they forced few a pointless story line, should of used that time to explore the world more

And lul the resolution, completely off tangent.

>Multi billion company contracted with the government
>*shoots him 4 times*
>>
>>81323194
The best scene in the original anime movie was a 3-minute pure worldbuilding scene with absolutely zero lines or main plot development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB-ik-Bpl0c
>>
Lacked depth compared to the source material, BUT it had more depth than any capeshit movie.

It was good, and we truly live in a world of plebs.
>>
File: 1491412358274.jpg (35KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1491412358274.jpg
35KB, 1280x800px
>>81324209

Because shes made to be life like and not an obvious machine.
>>
>>81323552
Wanting revenge, and transcending to the net isn't that off from 2nd gig Kuze.

Them putting in a refugee angle would just kill of the rest of the remaining audience for this movie.
>>
>>81324271

Well the guy did draw on him so technically it was self defense.
>>
>>81324271

I loved it but it was a 8/10 I'd say. A personal 10/10 though.
>>
File: ghostintheshell_148-149.jpg (1MB, 2700x1861px) Image search: [Google]
ghostintheshell_148-149.jpg
1MB, 2700x1861px
>>81324387
I WANT A FIGURE OF HER IN THIS CLOTHES WITH GUN AND KNIFE

Not interested in getting the other figure of her. Please how can I contact a toy company to make it?
>>
File: gits_online_rated-payoff-ve.jpg (15KB, 159x250px) Image search: [Google]
gits_online_rated-payoff-ve.jpg
15KB, 159x250px
>>81325379
Oops was meant to post that image in a different post.

So now we know where the famous poster pose of Scarjo came from
>>
>>81325411
>>81325379

Thats pretty neat actually fampai.
>>
>>81325379

In the thread yesterday someone was posting a bunch, I unfortunately didn't save any of them as most of weren't that good, but they were ok. You can get custom heads though which someone also posted and they look 10x better.
>>
>>81313533
Acting was meh. Plot was pretty stupid. They could have done much better. No chance of a sequel, about 7 or 8 people walked out after that retarded shit with her mom.
>>
i hope they make sequels with scarjo. this weeb butthurt is amazing
>>
>>81325805
what retarded shit?
>>
>>81313884
you're thinking of boza, saito is the sniper with the mechanical eye, he appears for 5 seconds at the end.
>>
>>81322540
I want this poster
>>
>>81313533
Its only cons are visuals and the atmosphere
Yet the editing was so shit I almost got seizure
>>
>>81323567
There's a bit on Adam Savage's youtube channel where he visited the workshop
It's really neat to see
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KosBvDyWgnA&t
>>
>>81324812
he already shot him after he drew the gun, then they precede to execute him. in any other film it's a generic resolution, but knowing how bureaucratic S9 when dealing with formal institution (just arrest the guy) even among different interpretations i saw it as really backwards
>>
>>81314373
>>81325805
If you didn't walk out half way you would've seen that the movie improves during the 2nd half and ties together the plot nicely. The only improvement would've been if the Major builder lady didn't go full generic hollywood and instead actually tried to kill her
>>
>>81325805
>about 7 or 8 people walked out after that retarded shit with her mom.
Alright I guess you didn't walk out. I agree that they shouldn't have included the >she reminds me of you xDD, but the ending was pretty decent.
>>
Watched it and expected shit because of what I've read. It was not even bad. Not a masterpiece, but it was fucking neat. Especially Batou.
And I knew the story would be messy, becuase I've seen the GITS anime movies and series. Well, it wasn't a total mess. It had a beginning, a middle, and an ending. Something many modern "movies" can't be arsed to have. It had character development, and ScarJo's acting was also just fine.
The butthurt is also amazing to see. Can't wait to see all those anuses aflame when Death Note comes out.
>>
>>81327746
Mob mentality
Thread posts: 280
Thread images: 83

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.