[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sorry... this is a dead end.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: agent-smith.jpg (17KB, 481x245px) Image search: [Google]
agent-smith.jpg
17KB, 481x245px
I'm sorry... this is a dead end.
>>
File: hqdefault (1).jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (1).jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>Dodge this

What did she mean by that?
>>
>>81311039
Only bad scene in the entire movie. Makes no sense. An Agent is fast enough to dodge a bullet, but not fast enough to move before she finishes saying "dodge this"?
>>
MIIIIIIIIIIIISTER ANDERSON
>>
File: duracell.jpg (15KB, 540x330px) Image search: [Google]
duracell.jpg
15KB, 540x330px
>>81311074
this scene was a mistake
the whole idea is questionable
>>
>>81311112
Originally the writers said that the machines were using humans for processing power, but they changed it because they didn't want to confuse the audience (remember this was 1999, a lot of people weren't familiar with computers).

Also, the scene still works because Morpheus admits that he and the other humans know very little about what actually happened or what the AI's motivations are.
>>
>>81310936
>braps you're path
>>
>>81311074

the agent was proving a point that it wont take an order from a human
>>
>>81311281
Seriously? How does the movie convey this?
>>
>>81311074
I agree that it was a bad scene, but for a different reason.

Agents were supposed to be neigh unstoppable killing machines that have never actually been defeated, yet we are expected to believe they lack the spatial awareness to realize someone is sneaking up on them or flanking them?
>>
>>81311308
Because she commanded him to dodge. He didnt.
>>
>>81311281
Okay this makes perfect sense. Especially when that wouldn't kill the agent.
>>
>>81311323
>Agents were supposed to be neigh unstoppable killing machines that have never actually been defeated

False. They were shown to be highly skilled but an elite human could hold their own (like Morpheus) and only beat humans because humans tire out while the agents don't.
>>
>>81311323
Yes, we are. The agents are shown to be human-like, despite insane speed and strength. It makes sense that they can't see behind them.

The real question is why would the machines put these limits on agents? IMO, the answer is that the world of "the matrix" is actually just another simulation, a fallback that catches problematic humans and lets them live out the fantasy of fighting the machines.
>>
>>81311338
Yeah but there is only one scene where the agent describes his hate for humans and there is nothing in the movie that made it seem like he had a problem "taking orders" from them, is there?
>>
>>81311454
And it's not even the same agent
>>
>>
>>81311447

>IMO, the answer is that the world of "the matrix" is actually just another simulation

It's essentially be confirmed at this point that this was the original intent. The Matrix is inescapable. Getting out just sends you to another level of the simulation without actually removing you from the simulation.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.