[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smart movies for smart people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: inception.jpg (65KB, 270x405px) Image search: [Google]
inception.jpg
65KB, 270x405px
Smart movies for smart people
>>
Cobb and Mal never left the limbo
And they were the only real characters in the movie
>>
>>81308086
None of the movie is real. Not even the beginning.
>>
File: 1474567463882.jpg (86KB, 500x620px) Image search: [Google]
1474567463882.jpg
86KB, 500x620px
>>81308213
really makes you think
>>
>>81308213
did i even sit down and watch the movie or was that part of the dream??
>>
>>81308370
was i ever awake at all? is life even real? are we all asleep right now?
>>
>>81308405
Wrong movie.
>>
>>81308086
>pic unrelated
>>
File: 1491423922573.png (740KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491423922573.png
740KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>81308557
Grow up Peter Pan
>>
>>81308086
Rick and Morty
>>
>>81308086
Rick & Morty
>>
rick and morty
>>
>>81308086
Rick And Morty
>>
>>81308086

> Post inception instead of interstellar

Disgusting pleb taste...
>>
Reddit & Memey
>>
>>81308773
>interstellar and not arrival

disgusting pleb taste...
>>
inb4 Primer
>>
>>81308086
Its a film about film making. The Auteur was always going to fuck things up by over-expressing his neuroses.

Well, that and a sort of reductio ad absudum joke about heist movies which structurally have multiple bits of a plan coinciding at a focal point.

Heist movies are meta because they are literally 'hard to pull off'. You can actually only show the audience one thing at a time but you have to persuade them multiple things are actually happening at the same time.

How am I doing?
>>
>>81308086
Legit answer? Primer.
>>
>>81308086
Why was this a thing? Why were there so many people that thought Inception was hard to understand when it was pretty straight forward? It got to the point that people thought they were smart for understanding it. It was retarded.
>>
>>81308086
Showgirls, Paul Verhoeven.

Unironically.

It was a film about voyeurism and exploitation.
Audiences flocked to watch it having been told exactly what it was about only to complain it was exploitative and voyeuristic. Some saw it several times just to confirm their disgust.

Similar things happened with Starship Troopers, audiences failed to pick up that the casting was itself part of the point of the film.
>>
>>81309045
>Why were there so many people that thought Inception was hard to understand when it was pretty straight forward?

I'm going to let you in on a little secret, pal. You and I aren't like the rest of this common rabble. They watch a movie and they don't see what we see. When Chris Nolan comes along and makes a film that requires a few more neurons than michael bay schlock, their tiny monkey brains can't handle it.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.