[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Frogs and Krauts BTFO again

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 237
Thread images: 45

File: Wonder-Woman-WW1.jpg (52KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Wonder-Woman-WW1.jpg
52KB, 800x450px
>Another mass media product about WW1 overrating Brits at the expense of the much more relevant French
>Another mass media product about WW1 depicting Germans as the bad guys

Right after the cancerous BF1, this shit will finish off the perception of France and Germany in WW1.
Deal with it guys, the Eternal Anglo has won.
Not by himself, but thank to his son America.
>>
Ok
>>
>jews altering history again
Wow breaking news lads.
>>
>>81304299
>>Another mass media product about WW1 overrating Brits at the expense of the much more relevant French

Even Ernst Jünger said that the Brits fought like men while the French were pussies in WW1
>>
>>81305357
Hmm no, he didnt
He merely said that the places he was deployed to were the British font, so he didnt face the French
>>
File: 1489123217877.png (159KB, 687x808px) Image search: [Google]
1489123217877.png
159KB, 687x808px
>>81305357
Btw, if you look at actual stats, the French inflicted twice as many casualties to the Germans than the British did
>>
>>81305627
I read it years ago but I distinctly recall him praising the Brits' fighting prowess in Storm of Steel

Not WW1 related but I also recall Nietzsche describing the British race as ruthless and warlike
>>
>>81305690
>describing the British race as ruthless and warlike

He should have saw the Russians and Canadians in WW2.
>>
>>81304299
>English movie depicts English as heroes

Shocker
>>
>>81305690
>I read it years ago but I distinctly recall him praising the Brits' fighting prowess in Storm of Steel

He talked about the British and didnt mention the French, only because he only ever fought on British sectors
Using that to make a comparison is dumb
>>
>Germans as the bad guys

But they were.
>>
>>81305743
Pretty sure it's an American movie
English history has become incredibly overrated since America became the cultural superpower after WW2
>>
>watching capeshit
>taking capeshit seriously

Is everyone on /tv/ underage or some manchild virgin
>>
>>81305785
Maybe the French shouldn't have fucked their colonies up so badly and then they'd have a worthy successor empire glorifying their history too
>>
>>81304299
Bizarre statement. The norm in Hollywood is to depict British soldiers as either inept, plucky weaklings, or evil imperialists. Our military history is almost always downplayed, to the point that the Americans even made a movie about how they cracked the enigma code.
>>
>>81305854
More like the French shouldnt have defeated Britain in a war in 1783
It all steams from there
Most British colonies are utter cancer, but this one former colony make it up for all others
>>
>>81305902
>Most British colonies are utter cancer, but this one former colony make it up for all others

Britain improved every land it stepped foot upon
>>
I just want to watch this movie to see a jewish skeleton BTFO the nazis
>>
>>81305931
Absolutly false
American media depict Britain as much more important than it really was historically

Every Middle Age stuff is about England, when Germany (HRE) and France were much more relevant in that era
Every Crusader is English when most of them were French and German
Every Age of Sail movie is about Britain, when Spain was THE country of the era
Every WW1 movie is about Britain, when France and Russia were more important on the Entente side

And don't get me started about the redcoats
While they were really the shittiest european infantry of the era, Americans always depict them as elite warriors in order to make their victory in the Revolutionary War seem more epic
>>
>>81306067
>when Germany (HRE)

You mean the Habsburgs in other words Austria?
>>
File: war soldiers.png (10KB, 240x209px) Image search: [Google]
war soldiers.png
10KB, 240x209px
>>81305688
You do know this was a WORLD WAR, right?

Britain had to fight on the Western Front, in the Balkans, Turkey, Middle East, North Africa and in Africa proper. French soldiers fought in France. Wow!

Oh, look at that, Britain had more troops fighting in First World War than France. Funny that!

Oh, what's that? Britain fought the naval part of the war nearly single handedly? What? Britain was actually the cause of the war ending because Germany was blockaded and starved to death?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade_of_Germany

Britain not only fought on more fronts than France, but provided more troops to do so. It blockaded Germany, Austria-Hungary and Ottoman Empire and caused mass starvation and resulted in German forces being without food.

Without that and the resulting riots and calls for peace, it is likely the war would have gone on even further and resulted in more deaths.
>>
>>81305937
I know you're shitposting, but you're telling me Singapore, Hong Kong, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Malaysia, Brunei, India (5th richest country in the world), Malta, Cyprus, Barbados, United States of America and so on are 'cancer'?

I advise you to go to /britpol/ or to start a thread on /pol/ about this, it'll get you more responses.
>>
File: 1476868244746gd.png (60KB, 709x502px) Image search: [Google]
1476868244746gd.png
60KB, 709x502px
>>81306105
>Britain had to fight on the Western Front, in the Balkans, Turkey, Middle East, North Africa and in Africa proper. French soldiers fought in France.
Factually wrong
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macedonian_Front
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Eastern_theatre_of_World_War_I
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_theatre_of_World_War_I

You already lost all credibility, but I'll still go on

>Oh, look at that, Britain had more troops fighting in First World War than France. Funny that!
Yeah, and most of them werent British (pic realted)
Btw, the Allied Supreme Leader (the one to which Germany surrendred) was still French

>Oh, what's that? Britain fought the naval part of the war nearly single handedly?
The naval part consisted in one battle

>Britain not only fought on more fronts than France, but provided more troops to do so
Already proven wrong
But I'll use this to add that France basically fought alone in the Western Front (most important theater) until late 1916 (Somme), because of how ridiculously small the BEF was in the first two years of war
For exemple at the First Marne (most decisive battle on the Western Front), there were 1.4 millions Germans, 1 million French and....40,000 Britons....
>>
>>81306067
>While they were really the shittiest european infantry of the era, Americans always depict them as elite warriors in order to make their victory in the Revolutionary War seem more epic

They do the complete opposite you fucking mongoloid.
>>
File: kktzqyk.jpg (54KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
kktzqyk.jpg
54KB, 480x640px
why have white people colonized everyone and everything?
>>
>>81306321

This dumb frog really thinks he would have withstood the German Spring Offensive without the British.

Hell without the British the French navy would have been blown into 50000 pieces and the German fleet would rape all shipment coming into France
>>
File: 0dds6.png (793KB, 716x628px) Image search: [Google]
0dds6.png
793KB, 716x628px
>>81306096
Nah, in the middle age, the HRE was mostly Germany
>>
>>81306392
>This dumb frog really thinks he would have withstood the German Spring Offensive without the British

Wut?
No one said that
One can aknowledge the fact that France was more relevant than Britain in WW1, while also aknowledging that France couldnt have won alone
Germany was by far the most powerful country of the era (and I don't say that just because I'm German)
>>
>>81304299

Oh boy, another skeleton shill thread
>>
>>81306105
>Britain had to fight on the Western Front, in the Balkans, Turkey, Middle East, North Africa and in Africa proper. French soldiers fought in France. Wow!
France fought almost wherever the Brits fought though. At Gallipolli, there were as many French strewn across the Dardanels than there were Brits. In the Balkans, it was the French expeditionary force and the Serbian remnants that thwarted the Bulgarian push against Greece, and broke the back of them and the Austro-Hungarians. France and Britain exerted both as many efforts to occupy German Cameroun, and the Belgian and French in the end would come to perform better against German Tanzania. Of course, in the meantime, the British had to busy themselves with Kut and the Mesopatamian front, true... So your point was?...

The British were fantastic allies, but their "muh we did better than u silly frogs" diatribing everywhere can become a little too silly for my taste.
>>
>>81306199
America, Canada, Australia and NZ are four colonies out of over 200
Singapore and HK are okay because they're city-states
LMalaysia is a third world shithole and India is the worst, most disgusting hellhole on Earth (dont make me post pics)

Fact is that British colonies (Iraq, Zimbabwe, Burma, Nigeria, Somalia, Guyana, Tanzania...etc) are on average as shitty as French ones, and much worse than Spanish ones
>>
>>81306681
>Zimbabwe

Rhodesia was doing fine shit head. That ones on the niggers.
>>
>>81306624
Also,
>muh German blockade only done by thhheeeee Briiiitiiiissh ships
When WWI struck both countries, each conformed to an agreement that less navy-preoccupied France would patrol the Mediterranean with their fleet, to launch offensives against both the Austrians and Ottomans, while it would inccur the more navy-based Britain to patrol the North Sea against the German
kriegsmarine.

Of course France, being confined to the Mediterranean as per the agreement, could've brought little to the German blockade you dimwit.
>>
File: images-137.jpg (20KB, 367x401px) Image search: [Google]
images-137.jpg
20KB, 367x401px
>>81304299
isn't the point of the film to depict how Ares is manipulating both sides?

Keep forgetting this is /tv/, home of retards and Reddit
carry on shitposting, I guess
>>
>>81306681
>Iraq
>Bad

Saddam was doing good that ones on Bush&Blair.
>>
File: 2az.jpg (576KB, 2260x2177px) Image search: [Google]
2az.jpg
576KB, 2260x2177px
>>81306801
>Saddam was doing good

Yeah, it was as far as third world dictature standards go
I still wouldnt call that a successful colony
>>
>>81306800
Doesnt excuse the focus on Brits when French were the main nation on the Western Front
>>
>>81306800
retards and reddit are literally the only people who discuss capeshit on the internet
>>
File: image.jpg (184KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
184KB, 640x1136px
>>81305357
Germans praised the French more than they did the British on the whole, even deriding that they'd have the Belgian police arrest the British military if ever it landed.

Hell, to this day, the French and Germans acknowledge the battle of Verdun to be the battle to symbolize the war for themselves, while only the British fellate themselves to the Somme, where it was a slaugther of their men charging at German positions.

I'd say that the French and British were equal allies though, what with the industrial output the British endowed on the Entente, especially since France's industrial regions were occupied by the Germans.
>>
>>81304299
>Story by Zack Snyder

We're in good hands lads, no need to worry
>>
>gems
>good goys
you retarded or something?
>>
>>81307104
>Hell, to this day, the French and Germans acknowledge the battle of Verdun to be the battle to symbolize the war for themselves, while only the British fellate themselves to the Somme

This
I'm German, and here Verdun is seen as the worst and most intense battle of the war by far, while the Somme is barely talked about

Here's a nice docu about it for my German-speaking fellow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b9Wu-WgB04
>>
>>81307186
>hurr durr ebul german nazi
>>
File: image.jpg (212KB, 993x889px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
212KB, 993x889px
>>81307311
Thanktchu for shouldering me there Bochebro! ("German", but slang-ish, and has connotations usually with the Great War).
>>
>>81307311
Am not German though. Only so avidly purveying the honor of France and shit here because I am one, but I'll try to see if the subbing system on YouTube lets me see it.
>>
What are all these movies about the British fighting in WW1 that Hollywood supposedly pumps out?
>>
>>81307525
Unrelated, but BF1 has four stories allotted to the British, and yet none to the French (discarded from the basegame), Germans, and Russians (discarded from the basegame).

Shouldn't each country, arguably the four countries to have contributed the greatest to the fighting, each have a story to them?
>>
>>81307525
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_of_Arabia_(film)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Horse_(film)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_the_King%27s_Men
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passchendaele_(film)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legends_of_the_Fall
>>
>>81307525
All of them
>>
File: british food.png (120KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
british food.png
120KB, 500x566px
>>81306199
>
> Singapore

Literally just a single city (full of Chinese)

> Hong Kong

Same as above (but now belongs to the Chinese)

> Australia

America South

> Canada

America North

> New Zealand

Irrelevant Hobbits

> Malaysia

Shithole jungle full of Muslims

> Brunei

Shithole jungle full of Muslims (with oil)

> India

Seriously?

> Malta

Island gas station full of Dagos

> Cyprus

Turko-Greek-Dagos

> Barbados

Niggers

> United States of America

Only one of value out of the bunch
>>
>>81304299
White Supremacy is a racist delusion

Anglo Supremacy is a historical fact
>>
>Germans
Assault neutral country, then proceed to commit every warcrime in the book on its population
>English
Enter war to defend said country and prevent the war crimes.

its not really hard to see who the bad guy is
>>
>>81308807
>Germans
Get war declared on them by Britain
>English
Declare war on Germany
>>
>>81308912
>Germans
willingly declare war on a country guaranteed by the english
>English
honorable enough to uphold the guarantee
>>
>>81306524
Don't worry krautbro, this is just a typical case of an anglo denying the truth in front of him

T. Frog
>>
File: _77721623_img_1483ss.jpg (61KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
_77721623_img_1483ss.jpg
61KB, 450x450px
>>81309021
>English
>honorable
>>
>>81309021
Germany was part of the treaty that guaranteed Belgium's neutrality too.
>>
File: 1285715987611.png (46KB, 569x571px) Image search: [Google]
1285715987611.png
46KB, 569x571px
This site has nothing to offer anybody. There is no quality content you cannot get more quickly and efficiently elsewhere. This is an addiction which reduces your productivity, attention span, and free-time. You are becoming more bitter, narrow-minded, haughty, and old. Leave now and block this site. There is nothing here but slow, lonely suicide.

People do not have arguments here. Posters do not engage one another on key points, they nitpick with greentext and mock each other. Nobody is interested in the truth; people are battling for fleeting moments of superiority. Active commenters are loud jackasses who tumble into one internet fight after another, anxiously keeping ten tabs open to ensure they keep the last word in all of them. An insightful post is one in ten thousand, and no matter how hard you filter this place you are still searching for diamonds in a garbage dump.

This place is not making you happy. You are not having fun. You are not gathering stories to tell, learning, or growing as a person. Instead you chuckle every thirty minutes and are occasionally spurred to masturbation by libidinal posts or pictures. You are addicted to readily available information and pressure free social interaction. This place is slowly poisoning you with misogyny, narcissism, a false dichotomy surrounding normalfags, and insecurity.

I'm not telling you to be yourself. I'm not telling you to go outside. I'm not even telling you to make friends. Just leave 4chan. Do anything else.
>>
>>81309631
This
Germany invaded Belgium to protect its neutrality from Britain
>>
>>81309677
t. butthurt bong
>>
>>81307944
>Lawrence of Arabia came out in 1962 and is not a Hollywood film.

>I assume you don't know the plot to War Horse.

>All The King's Men is not a war movie.

>Passchendaele is a Canadian film about a Canadian soldier.

>Legends of the Fall is not really a war movie at all, and the ex-solider it follows is an American living in America.
>>
>>81308684
White Supremacy is a historical fact.
>>
File: come here and be my shabbos goy.jpg (59KB, 576x960px) Image search: [Google]
come here and be my shabbos goy.jpg
59KB, 576x960px
>>81305974
Should've gotten a strong Jewish woman
>>
>>81304299

So you are saying nazis weren't bad?
killing 20 million innocent jews somehow isn't a bad thing to you?
>>
>>81311256
>killing 20 million innocent jews
>20 million
>>
>>81311337
It's the official number now
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/germany/9906771/Nazis-may-have-killed-up-to-20m-claims-shocking-new-Holocaust-study.html
>>
>>81311256
DUDE
>>
french wwi uniforms aren't aesthetic enough to be featured in hollywood films
>>
File: french-propaganda-poster.jpg (155KB, 720x1024px) Image search: [Google]
french-propaganda-poster.jpg
155KB, 720x1024px
>>81312016
I personnally find them much better than British ones
Second best after German ones
>>
>>81304299
>capeshit
>>
File: 1464908201756.jpg (45KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1464908201756.jpg
45KB, 720x540px
ITT people who listened to the "Blueprint for Armageddon" series once and are now experts
>>
>>81305357
nah the french were pretty tough in ww1, they just shit the bed so hard in ww2 that we still bug them about it.

>2 weeks
come on guys
>>
>>81314018
.............end quote
>>
>>81306067
> I don't have a basic understanding of history: the post

Most of what you said is wrong or misleading. Pretty sure I have seen you crying on /int/, /pol/ and /hist/ saying the exact same thing. Sad!
>>
>>81314077
6 weeks actually
Still pathetic as fuck (although Brits should fuck off since they were there too and ran away)
>>
>>81314148
Uh?
Most of what he said is right (except for Russia being more relevant than Britain in WW1, wtf)
>>
>>81305757
This. They were too late for the party and wanted to have what French and British had, no matter the costs and in extreme speed.
>>
>>81304299
>Wonder Woman beat WW1 German soldiers
>just stood by while WW2 German soldiers holocausted the shit out of the jews

really grinds your gears
>>
>>81314279
No. He isn't.

Kingdom of heaven had American actors but essentially every character is French or German bar the king of England. As for other Medieval movies I can only think of drek specifically based in England, but that's not surprising because it's the Anglosphere and they don't overblow it's importance on a wider scale. England was the third most important state in Western Europe.
> inb4 muh Spain
Maybe by like 1400 they were bigger

The age of Sail, presumably he means the 18th century, is very much England's time to shine. Spain's empire declines whilst England's grows much larger.

The idea Russia in WW1 was more important is a joke. Anyway, Dr. Zhivago.

Napoleonic Redcoats WERE some of the best line infantry in Europe, the issue was there wasn't very many of them. I suggest Roger Knights book on the subject "organization of victory".
>>
>>81314892
Why would Wonder Woman care about the Jews?
>>
File: 2ad.jpg (129KB, 506x780px) Image search: [Google]
2ad.jpg
129KB, 506x780px
>>81314894
>bar the king of England

Who was French aq well anyway since the ruling family of England in that era was French
>>
>>81314894
>Napoleonic Redcoats WERE some of the best line infantry in Europe
Then how come they got stalled for 6 fucking years against a secondary French army in Spain, when Russia reconquered all the way from Moscow to Paris in only two years against the main French army lead by Napoleon?

>the issue was there wasn't very many of them
Not really
On the one theater where they fought (Spain), Brits outnumbered the French most of the time
>>
>>81315686
> that first para
Is this bait?

Napoleon's veteran army died in the winter, he had few reserves and both main German states jumped on him first chance they got. That's besides the Russians outnumbering him anyway of course.

Meanwhile the British had to train up the Portuguese and get their supply lines in order. Spain was a mini Russia and they didn't have the home field advantage. French numbers in the peninsular: 200,000 300,000
British and Portuguese numbers (at their highest): 80,000 with only perhaps half being British

The British and their allies had a slight advantage in some of the battles but that's superior planning, the French logistics didn't allow them to concentrate large forces for long. I am certain Marshal Marmont said something on that. Point being British consistently won and halted several French invasions of Portugal. The British won, I don't see how you can pretend they weren't effective.

Additionally British cavalry tactics, the sword used, was adopted by several other armies including the Prussians. Clearly they weren't incompetent.

>>81315563
Relevant to anything said how exactly?
>>
>>81316219
>The British won, I don't see how you can pretend they weren't effective.

Not an argument
The British "won" because Russians and Germans dethroned Napoleon while Brits were doing useless shit in Spain
>>
>>81316607
> ignoring every one of my points

Here's the last (you)

I suggest you look at the book I mentioned. You might learn something, at least you won't look like a retard who doesn't have a clue what he's talking about.
>>
>>81304299
>Right after the cancerous BF1
I never played BF1. How was the campaign? Supposedly you don't even play as the black guy on the cover?

I wonder how the next COD game campaign will be since that will be set in WW2.
>>
>>81317048
>How was the campaign?
Waaaaaay too centered on Britain
Out of 5 "stories", 4 were from the pov of a British Empire character
Nothing about the Germans, nothing about the French, nothing about the Russians...shameful shit

>Supposedly you don't even play as the black guy on the cover?
There was an extremely short level with that African-American dude, and after that the whole game was basically about Brits
>>
>>81317048
It was shit
>>
File: Judgement.jpg (659KB, 1496x2044px) Image search: [Google]
Judgement.jpg
659KB, 1496x2044px
WW1 was literally the fault of Germans and their retarded cousin Austria
>>
File: sdgghhj.jpg (20KB, 640x370px) Image search: [Google]
sdgghhj.jpg
20KB, 640x370px
>>81310725
fun fact: mother russia in kick-ass 2 was played by an Israeli
>>
>>81307648

No.

But it's cute that you think parity or accuracy are necessary or even valuable to marketing.
>>
>>81315563

>a bunch of royalty all related to each other throughout various countries
>characterising them as different nationalities based solely on their house being founded in that country, even if they've been born and raised in England and intermixed for generations

come on now
>>
>>81320650
Judeo-Bolshevism confirmed!
>>
>>81321907
Richard the Lionheart barely set foot in England and primarily spoke French
>>
>>81305193
Not for you, but all the normies out there will believe this shit
>>
>>81305690
I distinctively recall Hitler calling you all sissy faggots
>>
File: 1421946816187.jpg (59KB, 500x435px) Image search: [Google]
1421946816187.jpg
59KB, 500x435px
Hello is this the /Montreal/ general or the /One Sixty-Fourth German American/ one?
>>
>>81304299
the british had the only professional army in the WW1. the french army was basically /r9k/ tier virgins drafted to die for their frog legs
>>
>>81324060
Hitler was an Anglophile
>>
>>81324060
Hitler worshipped Pajeets and was missing a nut.

Hitler was a cuck.
>>
>>81306105
>>81306321
BTFO

t. not frog, kraut or anglo - but irrelevant
>>
>>81324060
Hitler is also a massive coward that blew his brains out. a deed that I wish all /pol/tards should follow
>>
>>81324583
You are a cuck, Hitler's an alpha
>>
>>81324678
>manlet
>alpha

kek
>>
>>81306105
And yet they still didn't get as many kills as the French
...really...
Really uhh...
Really makes u think
>>
>>81314894
>Maybe by like 1400 they were bigger
>The age of Sail, presumably he means the 18th century
He probably means from the late 1400's to the first half of the XVIIth when spain was the prominent military and naval power, so the Early Modern Age
>>
>>81305690
In WW1 literature only the Australians and Canadians are especially described as being ruthless
>>
>>81305757
>>81314409
>American education
>>
>>81306199
>India (5th richest country in the world)

dont you have a street to be shitting on right now
>>
>>81304299
It's fine, because France has lost it's identity. It once waged war like it was dancing. But now, being the centre of Europe (Well, centre in reference to the countries that matter), it's the gathering point for Muslims and gypsies wanting to gateway to other countries. In trying to appease them, they've abandoned the ideals of the founding of their country. That they're French, and fuck everyone who isn't.
>>
>>81324646
>blew his brains out
>implying
>>
>>81306199
Pretty sure anon's last statement was specifically about the United States of America.
And most does not mean all.
>>
>>81320586
>a bunch of old white dudes are responsible
how predictable
>>
>>81320586
Good list
>>
>>81326446
But muh harlem hell figther!
>>
>>81306392
>this post

jesus I didn't know the british acted like Americans do for WW2

and I'm american.
>>
File: pol on france and britain.jpg (1MB, 2249x2199px) Image search: [Google]
pol on france and britain.jpg
1MB, 2249x2199px
>>81329479
Brits are the worst posters on this website
I learned it by browsing flagboards
>>
>>81329479
Brits will also claim that Australians and Canadians of WW1 were Brits
>>
>>81314894
The age of sail is 14th to 18th century, and Spain was the dominant force.
>>
>>81314077
It was 6 :(
>>
>>81330101
>>81326213

>They think the age of sail begins in the 1300 and 1400's

Oh dear lord. Step it up lads. It's late 16th (maybe) to 19th century. Just google it.

In the 16th century Spain did do pretty well in continental Europe and South America but age of sail clearly isn't the period he is referring too.

>>81315563
Always amazed people believe this fake meme image. Henry V on was English, Henry II had already made moves to embrace the separate English identity hundreds of years before. Edward II too.
>>
>>81304299
>WW1 depicting Germans as the bad guys

I never understood this. Germany was more reasonable than, say, Russia or Serbia was during the escalation to war.
>>
>>81330307
>Always amazed people believe this fake meme image. Henry V on was English, Henry II had already made moves to embrace the separate English identity hundreds of years before. Edward II too.

It's a picture about the originating place of dynasties
It has nothing to do with culture or feeling of the guys
Henry V was ethnically French but culturally English, just like Napoleon was ethnically Italian but culturally French
>>
>>81309021
The French wanted to violate Belgium's neutrality too.
>>
File: wwdf.png (45KB, 1058x485px) Image search: [Google]
wwdf.png
45KB, 1058x485px
>>81330326
>Germany was more reasonable than, say, Russia or Serbia was during the escalation to war.

Lmao
The only thing Serbia did was refusing to become an Austrian protectorate
Meanwhile Germany....
>>
>>81330397
Serbian military intelligence sponsored the assassination of the heir to the Austrian empire and you think Austria should have allowed the Serbian government to "investigate" the murder? The demand was perfectly reasonable. Also, Russia mobilized its troops before Germany did.

Fuck off with your shit education.
>>
>>81330457
>Serbian military intelligence sponsored the assassination of the heir to the Austrian empire

Literally zero proof of that
>>
>>81330491
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragutin_Dimitrijevi%C4%87
>>
>>81330524
Fake news
>>
>>81330101
WRONG
>>
>>81304299
What is it with stormblr and germans, anyway? Your grandfathers died fighting those people, you traitorous little pricks. If they were here today they would slap you silly for being a gross cunt supporting those faggots.
>>
File: 01c.jpg (166KB, 1024x698px) Image search: [Google]
01c.jpg
166KB, 1024x698px
>Russians forgotten again
>>
>>81305945
How's South Africa doing these days?
>>
>>81331680
>le stormfront boogeyman
>>
>>81331720
Ay us too (that would be us the Frogs), Russbro.

Daln shame about it all.
>>
>>81331680
>grandfathers
who cares about old white male shitlords?
>>
File: ARTalliedWW10005.jpg (137KB, 800x513px) Image search: [Google]
ARTalliedWW10005.jpg
137KB, 800x513px
It honestly all comes down to the helmets. The Brodie and Stahlhelm are icons of 20th century warfare, audiences connect with those sides because that's the image of the war they know and want to see.

France looked like a bunch of miners.
>>
>>81331873
>The Brodie and Stahlhelm are icons of 20th century warfare
in the english speaking world

all entente nations other than USA/British empire were equipped with french helmets
>>
>>81331942
Doesn't mean their descendants identify with them when the Hollywood image is what makes it into people's cinemas and living rooms.
>>
>>81331873
>The Brodie and Stahlhelm are icons of 20th century warfare

Stahlhelm is universally
Brodie only is in the Anglosphere
Here in Germany, the iconic helmets of WW1 are Stahlhelm and Adriann, and those of WW2 are Stahlhelm and SSh-39/40
>>
>>81331873
>France looked like a bunch of miners.

Brodie looked much worse imo
Like a bunch of clowns with kettles on their head
>>
>>81330653
lol he's right
>>
>>81331972
ww1 hollywood movies arent even that popular

im pretty sure local ww1 movies are way more popular in europe
>>
>>81331873
To be fair, WW1 was when everyone started upgrading their equipment, most of them looked like farmers and miners because they were.
>>
File: Adrian%20helmet[1].jpg (92KB, 800x648px) Image search: [Google]
Adrian%20helmet[1].jpg
92KB, 800x648px
>>81331873
Would you rather crown your head with a helmet covering your lower neck, and that bears the crest of your country to battle, or would you rather put a litteral plate on your head?
>>
>>81331849
I'm not Russian but they're always missing in WW1 and WW2 movies, and they took the brunt of the casualties in both conflicts. I guess americans can't acknowledge their part in the conflict due to cold war faggotry.
>>
File: Passchendaele1916.jpg (528KB, 1278x729px) Image search: [Google]
Passchendaele1916.jpg
528KB, 1278x729px
>>81307944
>Passchendaele

pretty crazy battle tbhfam
>>
File: kettle helm.jpg (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
kettle helm.jpg
50KB, 500x500px
>>81332073
I like it, WW1 had one foot in the past and another in the future and the Brodie is just another neat detail to that effect.
>>
>>81320586

fucking willy should be in its their fault tier

literally pissed away all of bismarks work with the british because he wanted a navy for autistic reasons
>>
>>81304299

The Germans were the bad guys, moron.
>>
File: ww1 auto.jpg (596KB, 1072x777px) Image search: [Google]
ww1 auto.jpg
596KB, 1072x777px
>>81331873
>France looked like a bunch of miners.

but the blue uniforms were CUTE
>>
>>81332220
>they took the brunt of the casualties in both conflicts.
Then again, what I'll argue is that for them to be ousted from most WWI media depictions is easily understandable, what with the French and British having been bitter that they'd quit halfway through, and that no one then wanted to leave the glory to a now-communist country. Also, in spite of their casualties, Russia did little to weigh in on the fundamental outcome of the war, aside from keeping Austro-Hungarians for most of it, so it's not a war where the millions of casualties really were for anything.

But about WWII, yup, it's horrifying how much they're left out, when they won 80% of the European theater on their own.

>>81332250
Wew. Anyways, try this for size. That's from Verdun.

The single greatest artillery-heavy battle in the history of mankind.
>>
File: 30107[1].jpg (112KB, 378x570px) Image search: [Google]
30107[1].jpg
112KB, 378x570px
>>81332321
Fudge.

>>81332311
Opportunistic yes, but not in any sense as greedy or vindicative as their reasons were for starting WWII at least, which is why it's important to single both out.
>>
>>81306321
I said French soldiers had to fight in France because that was where the front was. I did not say that France did not fight elsewhere. Nice try. Oh but you do keep trying, now we play the 'The members of the BRITISH Empire weren't British so doesn't count' which is like saying 'The Roman soldiers in Roman Empire weren't Roman if they were born in Constantinople because it's Turkish :^)".

Had the war been fought in Britain, there would have been more British troops, that's the, you know, benefit of fighting in your own country. But this is always the same result, people start splitting up the countries of the Empires to make their point which is intellectually dishonest, I've seen this dozens of times and it's just pathetic, really.
>>
>>81332347

yeah, what arty could do when fired around the clock for weeks on end is pretty nuts

sometimes I look at aerial recon photos from ww1 for fun, and you can track the progress from
>fine
>oh theres a few craters
>now theres a bunch of craters
>it looks like digital noise
>>
File: Douaumontfortt.jpg (1MB, 1406x2157px) Image search: [Google]
Douaumontfortt.jpg
1MB, 1406x2157px
>>81332250
Verdun was much worse
>>
>>81332220
>I guess americans can't acknowledge their part in the conflict due to cold war faggotry
Why do they even have an obligation to?

How many Russian films are about US wars?
>>
>>81332402
>How many Russian films are about US wars?
It was a world war, I don't see how that pertains to the conversation.
>>
>there are no butthurt bongs trying to defend themselves in this thread

sad

someone post some more bait
>>
File: 63d92bc.jpg (67KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
63d92bc.jpg
67KB, 640x480px
>>81304299
No "bad guy" in DC(EU) was ever depicted as black and white "bad", even Enchantress with her "conquer the world" card was stopped by hired guns, psyhopats, cannibal and murder of his own family led by Clinton-esque leader.
>>81305690
>Storm of Steel
>loosely related to DCEU which has Man of Steel
Pottery
>>
>>81332311
Americuck education here, folks.
>>
>>81332478
>No "bad guy" in DC(EU) was ever depicted as black and white "bad"
Are you joking right now? Zod, Lex Luthor, the enchantress were all cackling "I will destroy the world" saturday morning cartoon supervillains. Doomsday was just a CGI monstar.
Get it together, faggot.
>>
>>81332433
The conversation is about world war movies, which are overwhelming contributed by the western hemisphere.

There's always whining about how these films don't incorporate non-western perspectives like they have a responsibility to cover every angle of the war.
>>
>>81332550
Zod wanted to use Earth to save its people, it's bad, but not Sauron tier evil
>>
File: 0c75.png (273KB, 735x241px) Image search: [Google]
0c75.png
273KB, 735x241px
>>81332264
Your pic look much closer from Adrian than Brodie though
>>
>>81332573
Then why misinterpret historic events at all? I understand how important war movies are in terms of propaganda and recruitment, but we've rarely gotten a cinematic view of the eastern european front of WW2, which would make for smashing film.
>>
>>81332601
He had the option to move to mars or elsewhere, he wanted to gangfuck humanity because lol evol.
>>
>>81332573
There is no "angle". its just self inserted WE WUZ shit. Its a fucking war fought on the fucking borders of the France, not in fucking london
>>
>>81332629
>Stalingrad
>Enemies at the Gate
>>
>>81332550
>>81332655
lmao
>t. guy who doesn't have a fucing clue
>>
>>81332550
They all have pretty understandable motivations.
Zod wanted to build new Krypton on Earth, to bring back his world back, or at least what idea of his world.
Lex wanted to kill Superman just for an idea that so powerful being should not existing and changes whole concept of human superiority.
Neither of them wanted to just conquer the world just for the sake of it. Faggot.

Enchantress on the other hand as I said DID, but she was stopped by equally bad, if not worse group of people. Not to mention mostly of the were people of color.
>>
>>81332655
>literally to stupid for capekino
Color me surprised https://youtu.be/giM4Nn5Xc2M
>>
>>81332734
>*mostly of them

>>81332629
Come and See.
>>
>>81332733
>n-no it's not true!
Super neat argument there, champ. They even say so in the movie itself, I thought you were a fan.
>>81332734
They're not understandable motivations. They were handled so poorly, they felt more like excuses to make them sympathetic, which turned out to be exactly the opposite.
Luthor had no real motivation at all, not even the "I'm jealous of superman" angle was properly shown on screen.
>>
>WW1 discussion turns into Capeshit
delete this thread
>>
>>81332673
So what? There were British troops there and their front was almost always separated from the French armies. If you're making an English language film you may as well drop your story on that chunk.

>>81332629
Making a story about one slice of a war is how you retain the human element and keep it from becoming a talking head docu-drama, that's not misinterpreting events.
>we've rarely gotten a cinematic view of the eastern european front of WW2
Blame Russia. The west doesn't have an obligation to portray this just because they have the best industry, you're treating it like welfare.
>>
>>81332870
Look at the OP, it was a capeshit discussion from the get go.
>>
>>81332205

Adrian helmet was shit though. It didn't protect shit because it was too thin to even stop shrapnels.
>>
>>81332825
>Super neat argument there, champ. They even say so in the movie itself, I thought you were a fan.
I could say the same about your """arguments"""
Really makes you think.

>They're not understandable motivations. They were handled so poorly, they felt more like excuses to make them sympathetic, which turned out to be exactly the opposite.
lmao
saying this without examples is literally nothing.
>Luthor had no real motivation at all, not even the "I'm jealous of superman" angle was properly shown on screen.
Did you miss his speeches? His entire tirade with superman? About him not being a god?

You haven't even watched the movie.
>>
>>81332927
>LMAO
>u no argumens
I wonder why you even bother replying, other than to embarrass yourself and all the other Snyder faggots.
>>
>>81332995
>he conviniently ignores my replies

oh, how honest!
>>
>>81332927
Luthor had a speech about superman not being a god, yet his motivations were never really explained. That's because he didn't have any, and his master plan was unleashing something much worse and unmanageable than superman himself. That's just random, poorly written horseshit for retarded babies.
>>
>>81333118
>Luthor had a speech about superman not being a god, yet his motivations were never really explained.

>"look at that man, robbing a bank!"
>"How do I know he's a robber?"

This is you.

>That's because he didn't have any, and his master plan was unleashing something much worse and unmanageable than superman himself.

wut

How do you know what lex would have done if superman would have not been able to subdue doomsday? Did you know he was dealing with Steppenwolf prior to his scene with him in the film?

> That's just random, poorly written horseshit for retarded babies.
not rlly
>>
File: view_8_ (1).jpg (2MB, 5877x3086px) Image search: [Google]
view_8_ (1).jpg
2MB, 5877x3086px
>>
>>81306321
>>81306105
Oh damn britbonged called out hard time to Brexit thread.
>>
>>81332923
And so was the Brodie helmet though which was forged from one sheet of steel.
>>
>>81333217
Is there a site with all of these?
>>
File: Verdun[1].jpg (92KB, 445x600px) Image search: [Google]
Verdun[1].jpg
92KB, 445x600px
>>81333657
Don't know about him, but "[battle] before and after" usually does the trick for me.

Here's a village in the whereabouts of the city of Verdun, pre- and post-1916.
>>
>>81332734
As a point of fact:

Zod: spot-on, pretty much.
Lex: Wanted to turn Superman into a threat so he'd have the government's blessing for forming his own Justice League.
Enchantress: "Now they worship machines, so I'll build a machine to destroy them all." Then she destroyed satellites, RADAR installations, and warships. She wasn't trying to destroy us. She was trying to take away our new technological "gods."
>>
>>81333892
What's impressive about these are all the holes you can see from the shelling. The entire industry of europe must have been dedicated to making artillery shells during the war.
>>
>>81334013
>The entire industry of europe must have been dedicated to making artillery shells during the war.
Basically yes, and even more impressive is when it dawns on you how almost every European country depleted their iron ressources manufacturing them, with the Germans needing to eventually capitalize on the French industrial centers they were occupying in Northern France, and even later, needing to melt church bells and benches to be able to continue building shells by november 1918.
>>
File: ver.jpg (3MB, 1031x5913px) Image search: [Google]
ver.jpg
3MB, 1031x5913px
>>81334013
The number of shells fired during WW1 is beyond imagination
At the Battle of Verdun alone, over 260 millions of shells were fired
>>
How many black and moslem soldiers do you think this movie will have?
>>
>>81334606
Well, the french did bring plenty of niggers from their colonies to fight. Also Turkey had its fair share of fighting, so there's that.
>>
>>81330057
The Canadians of WWI mostly were Brits. The Québécois griped the whole time and barely volunteered, a significant majority of troops were British immigrants and British Canadian.
t. Leaf
>>
>>81324678
>ATP
>childbearing hips
>alpha
kek
>>
File: ....jpg (22KB, 684x453px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
22KB, 684x453px
>>81334013

All the youth of Europe and its ressources spent just in one big fourth of July just because...

As a French and Breton man, it still pisses me off that so much was thrown away during WW1 and that our leaders weren't prosecuted for it.

But when you think about it, as bad as WW1 was for French demographics. From 1789 to 1815, France lost around 2 million people...

Crazy stuff...
>>
>>81334801
They never expected the war to continue for as long as it did. Most of them legit expected it not to last for more than a year, considering how intense it was in terms of losses and expenses. Nobody was prepared for the shit that went down.
>>
>>81334636
France actually used much less blacks (both in raw numbers and percentage) than Britain
Numbers are on pic there >>81306321

Not sure where this meme of France using tons of non-whites in WW1 come from (probably from their current ethnic make up due to recent immigration), but their army was overwhelmingly made up of white men from mainland France
Britain on the other hand....
>>
File: Once more over the top.jpg (81KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Once more over the top.jpg
81KB, 1280x720px
>>81304299
If you get your history from cape films, you are the problem.

>>81312016
>>81331873
Nah the French get their spot in the limelight with PATHS OF GLORY, one of the best WW1 films out there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gyyGHHXfck

And considering the conditions on the western front and all the digging you were doing, being a miner was an advantage. That's a reason why the ANZAC's were nicknamed "Diggers".
>>
>>81335123
Path of Glory was made recently after WW2, long before the international mindset had been contaminated with pro-British American propaganda
You'll notice that most WW1 movies (even American ones) from the interwar or beginning of US cultural hegemony picture France (1930 All Quiet on the Western Front, Path of Glory...) while most recent entertainment products about WW1 all picture Britain (War Horse, the film OP mentioned, BF1...)

It's because back then, everyone remembered that France had been the main allied nation in WW1
But nowdays, half a century of the cultural superpower overrating Britain (not to mention Britain being given the mean to make mass media product overrating themselves thank to sharing the language of the cultural superpower) combined to the anti-French bashing of 2003 lead people to wrongly believe that Britain, rather than France, was the most important allied nation of WW1
>>
>>81304299

Kraut Empire was legitimately the bad side though.

They refused peace talks on numerous occasions, had the whole invasion of France planned for a long time which involved invading a neutral and peaceful nation.

When it failed, they resorted to occupying France and Belgium. Committed countless warcrimes there. Then began using chemical weapons, bombed London and Paris for no reason at all, began using flamethrowers and then unrestricted submarine warfare.

That recent trend to lift the blame on Germany is stupid and rotten.
>>
>>81335441
I don't know if I'd call it propoganda strictly, but certainly the dominance and spread of American media & culture over the world has certainly made their viewpoint of both wars one of the strongest and most prolific in the world.
It also helps that you've been relatively untouched by the war as well, making global domination easy until the big bad Russian starts eyeing you off over the Berlin wall...
>>
>>81335900
They also pressured Austria-Hungary into the war, right after the assassination AH reassured France and Russia that they would NOT go to war over this, then Germans bullied them into it.

Adding to that diplomatic and intelligence cables from the German Empire showing how timely and opportune it would be to enter war against France right at that moment.
>>
>>81304299
You saw the movie then? Was it good?
>>
>>81336631
Nah, it was shite
>>
>>81333657

http://library.mcmaster.ca/maps/ww1/ndx5to40.htm
>>
File: aul_96ret.jpg (3MB, 3418x2362px) Image search: [Google]
aul_96ret.jpg
3MB, 3418x2362px
>>
>>81338128
Why do people from the past always look so akward?
>>
>>81338634
That's what people in the future will say about us
>>
>>81315563
>Harold II
>English dynasty
>>
>>81339045
>any English king ever
>English
>>
>>81324678
Back to /pol/
>>
>>81311385
20m dead dude. its still at 6 mil jews
>>
>>81314228
We wouldn't have had to run if the French held. Their fuckwit leaders let them down there. No blame to the soldiers for that
>>
File: 1418845764561.jpg (24KB, 303x306px) Image search: [Google]
1418845764561.jpg
24KB, 303x306px
>>81341704
>mfw they thought the Maginot Line was a good idea
>>
>>81342016
right! shame really
>>
>>81304299
Well they where
>>
>>81342016

It was a good idea though, albeit ridiculously expensive.

What fucked the French is when Belgium switched to neutrality and refused to expand the Maginot line along their own border with Germany.
>>
>>81326465
>>
>>81306949
>muh incubators
>>
>>81342016
Well, to be fair to them, the line wasn't pierced, except the french didn't go the whole way through because faggot belgium wanted to keep neutral and not build their part of the line
>>
>>81342107

This.

>Belgium neutral before WW1
>invaded by German Empire

>Belgium alliance with France in 1920
>Hitler re occupy Rhineland
>Belgium repudiates alliance with France
>switch to Neutrality and start sucking Hitler's cock
>invaded by German Thrid Reich anyway

Bunch of retards.
>>
>>81342016
Why wasn't it? The Germans had to devise a new plan of attack in which they bargained their success on that their entire armored divisions not be spotted by the French or British while crossing the Ardennes. WIth a better reaction from the French and British, their tactic would've been blown to smithereens.
>>
>>81342107
>>81342409
Fucking Belgians!
>>
>>81305690
>>81305750
>>81305357
>>81305688
Seriously when will we get a Storm of Steel movie or miniseries, it would be fantastic.
>>
>>81309540
>Be England
>We honorable guys
>Lets starve the civilian population of Central Europe, killing millions of noncombatants
>Muh Rape of Belgium
>>
>>81320586
Dragutin should absolutely be in the It's Their Fault-Tier. He had a good enough grasp on European politics to understand the catastrophic ramifications of what he was planning. To bad he was delusional.

Aside from that, its breddy gud list.
>>
>>81338634
Took a long time to take a photograph back then.
>>
File: gestalting.gif (1MB, 342x338px) Image search: [Google]
gestalting.gif
1MB, 342x338px
>>81305193
>>
>>81343226

Germany did that to themselves, and continued to do so by occupying much of northern France and the whole of Belgium...
>>
>>81344722
They're just SO evil
>>
File: images (1).jpg (14KB, 456x323px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
14KB, 456x323px
>>81309677
t. Rare pepe collector

Fuck you buddy I will get them all too.
>>
>>81343226
Pure lies
>>
>>81345769

They were the aggressors and did plenty questionnable things, including war crimes in Belgium. Just dwi germaboo...
>>
>>81348034
WRONG
>>
>>81349528
Fuck off naziboo
Thread posts: 237
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.