[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

APOLOGIZE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 324
Thread images: 44

File: 28.png (80KB, 286x260px) Image search: [Google]
28.png
80KB, 286x260px
APOLOGIZE
>>
>>81296147
It flopped because it go bad reviews, had shit trailers, and anime has zero appeal to the GA. The general audience doesn't care about these made up Internet "controversies".
>>
>>81296147
So they are blaming minorities? That seems a little problematic.
>>
>the country that elected donald trump
>giving a fuck about whitewashing

It flopped because it looked like a soulless money grab of a popular anime and everyone could see that. Audiences aren't dumb anymore. Make something inspired next time and don't count on an star's clout to carry your film.
>>
>>81296147

It flopped because /tv/
>>
>>81296147
It's because the general public doesn't want to watch an action movie with a female lead. What was the last to not be a complete flop? Salt?
>>
>>81296289

Lucy probably
>>
>>81296147
It flopped because Jewlywood cant make shit beyond anti-white propaganda.
>>
It flopped because they underestimate the ignorance of normies who don't even know the biggest names of other forms of media. The people who are interested in Ghost in the Shell aren't the type to be excited for a hollywood remake.
>>
>controversy resulted in less people knowing or caring about something

i'm almost certain it flopped because, despite its acclaim, the original ghost in the shell is not a massively well known movie. i agree that johanssen was grossly miscast but i'm sure the result would have been the same with anyone else in the role.
>>
I watched this yesterday. I haven't watched the anime btw. It was okay, the cyberpunk atmosphere was pretty fucking great but the story is kinda bland.

Also I don't know why people are complaining about whitewashing. In the movie she's actually Japanese or whatever, just her shell is white looking because let's face it, whites are better looking.

Plus anime chicks look white anyway
>>
Now we'll never get a proper R-rated adaptation. Thanks, Scarlett.
>>
>>81296147
>>81296225
>>81296271
>>81296289
>>81296322

It flopped because its a shit film, thats all
>>
File: ehrenkruger.jpg (22KB, 620x470px) Image search: [Google]
ehrenkruger.jpg
22KB, 620x470px
>>81296147
How about they stop hiring the hack that wrote the 2 worst Transformers movies to do the script?
>>
>>81296147
Aren't they saying it flopped because libtards got mad at the fact that a film directed at a predominently white audience had a white lead, and therefore gave it shit reviews and shit publicity, which scared off audiences? If so, it's kinda hard to disagree with that...
>>
>>81296225
>It flopped because it go bad reviews

Most of the bad reviews slated it because of said "whitewashing." I'm glad that /tv/ has finally stopped being tsundere and jumped in bed with the SJWs to take down problematic movies.
>>
File: 153270760075.png (398KB, 676x650px) Image search: [Google]
153270760075.png
398KB, 676x650px
>>81296147

No nipples =
Flopped in Box Office
>>
I was really dissapointed. I was, probably irrationally, moderatedly optimistic. But I barely had any redeemable qualities. The script was absolute trash, like literally what is expected when one thinks of "Hollywood shit". Everything was super obvious, every single thing was stated explicitly through dialogue instead of shown.

Too bad, I was expecting a bit more, not sure why.
>>
I actually had low expectations about this movie and felt dissapointed anyway. It's really bad: dialogs, Scarlett's acting and her Andromeda-tier walking, the plot, the 'friendzoned guy' Bato. I couldn't help but burst out laughing when the SPIDER-TANK appears. After that I came home and watched the anime and it was a god-tier in comparison with movie: interesting dialogs which make sense, badass Bato, the whole main idea without melodrama. Even that spider-tank was a lot better because it wasn't super blurred and felt dangerous (mostly because the way tank's damage dealt animated).

Geishas were cool though.
>>
>>81296412
/tv/ has been SJW central ever since the capeshit invasion in 2012. why do you think so many fags here get triggered by trump?
>>
>>81296412
The movie was still shit, it deserved bad reviews
>>
>>81296457

GITS 1995 was Rated R in North America, stop posting this shit.
>>
File: 02b88cac72cdbf2d4b84742f1af8ef6e.png (875KB, 1400x1600px) Image search: [Google]
02b88cac72cdbf2d4b84742f1af8ef6e.png
875KB, 1400x1600px
>tfw we live in a timeline where every time a piece of media fails it'll get attributed to sexism, racism or political controversy instead of "Because no one wanted to see it and the ones that saw it thought it was shit"
>>
>>81296225
This isn't 1997. General audiences are all online.

>>81296358
By that logic any movie that isn't based on something well-known would be a flop.
>>
>>81296147
The movie would have made like half of what it made with a literal who japanese lead.
>>
Both the right and the left hated this movie.
>>
>jew
>white
>>
>>81298531
I hope Hollywood is gonna take the wrong conclusions from this and starts to churn out a bunch of minority lead anime adaptions that become colossal box office failures.
>>
they made a shit version of an overrated anime from 1995

Death Note USA is fucked
>>
>>81296147
Chinks are mad. Any faggot saying "it was shit hurrrr" is an assblasted yellow skinned chink.
>>
It's pure pleb filter
/v/eddit iqlets will never understand it
>>
File: 1488929031159.jpg (29KB, 208x206px) Image search: [Google]
1488929031159.jpg
29KB, 208x206px
>>81296147
>anime is a trash media
>base a movie off it
>surprised when it's shit
>>
>>81296147
It's good if you just wanted to see an okay sci-fi with heavy homage to the Ghost in the shell series and first movie.

The original anime movies weren't great story wise, and were almost masturbatory in the way they handled philosophy. You guys claim Rupert's Major had wrong characterization? Well the Major had almost zero backstory in the first movie.

Arise also took liberties with the Major and made her much more human and emotional but no one cared about that.
>>
>>81296147
ScarJo isn't white though.
>>
>>81296412

No, most said it was shit compared to the original. Which, hey look at that, it was.
>>
I think more people were expecting (correctly) to get a 1:1 adaption, then they got something like a homage and an original story, which split the quality in half
>>
>>81296147
No, it's because cinema is dying, anime is cringeworthy and thus too embarassing to watch for the average normie, it alienated the fans, and it sucked balls. If anything, the controversy made it sell more tickets overall.
>>
>>81296147
Is this an article somewhere? What did they do to prove that it failed because of whitewashing? The majority of reviews didn't mention that being the reason the movie was bad.
>>
File: wheres m night shyamalan.jpg (1MB, 980x2035px) Image search: [Google]
wheres m night shyamalan.jpg
1MB, 980x2035px
also because everyone involved in the project was a talentless hack
>>
>>81298719

>Well the Major had almost zero backstory in the first movie.

That's the point...
>>
>>81298857
>prometheus is bad
This is reddit, this is /v/, this is hotpockets, this is anti-art, this is memes
>>
>>81298665
Not really. The only people mad about this whole "whitewashing" bullshit are white liberals
>>
>>81296147
Also, Scarlett looks horrible in that outfit. Probably doesnt help promote any appeal for the movie.
>>
File: Dark_Magician_Girl_(character).jpg (189KB, 1431x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Magician_Girl_(character).jpg
189KB, 1431x1080px
>>81296147
Yeah, well, what do you expect? The first time around it was a flop too. There's a reason you don't remake flops.
>>
It flopped cuz it's fucking weebshit.

Amazing that Marvel is trying to claim that diversity is killing their revenue while cinema is trying to claim that a lack of diversity is killing theirs.
>>
>>81298719
Fans hated Arise.

The philosophy was a part of what elevated the movie, as well as animation, design, and the cinematography. Nobody needed or wanted a backstory.
>>
lmao
>>
>>81296147
Woah another non Disney Scarlett Johansson movie flopped what a surprise.
>>
>>81298854
>What did they do to prove that it failed because of whitewashing?

Well they got a little queasy, and then they got sleepy. Then they blamed something that surely brought the movie more sales.
>>
Yet another reason to hate whites. Fuck Trump and fuck white people.
>>
>>81296147
Would've even flopped harder if some 'literally who' asian actor had played the role.
>>
You apologize to me for making me watch the 90s one. Animation is the art of bringing life to inanimate shapes and figures on a page. Taken as the sum of their parts, none of the shapes that make up characters by Chuck Jones, or Osamu Tezuka, or John Kricfalusi seem like much, but put them through a few basic principles of animation and they seem more lively and empathetic than you or me

The approach taken by the Ghost in the Shell movie kind of seems like the opposite. Realistic figures that could be called a human, are made to move and act flatly, awkwardly, in all the wrong places. A large chunk of the time they are rotoscoped, poorly. A direction which makes no sense in anime a medium that can be exaggerated and stretched and symbolic and meanngless. Ghost in the Shell takes these figures and removes any character they might have, makes them less than human. Ghost in the Shell calls this realism

Paired with this desire to be realistic is a desire to be "mature". The film's idea of maturity being tits, guns, and grimaces. The full extent of the protagonist's character, is that she is a grimacing girl with a gun, her tits out, and robotic powers, all of these are fully apparent on the cover box art. The city this takes place in, which could have been an imaginative, sprawling Cyperpunk dystopia, seems more like Cleveland, Ohio at it's most dreary and dilapidated

The premise behind this story feels more like the opening text crawl to the Phantom Menace than anything else. We're given little reason to care why these characters are shooting at each other beyond some in universe jargon and tired, "intelligent" tropes of transhumanism and hollywood hacking we're just expected to go with. I don't mind a world full of terminology and vague plotlines, one of my favorite Anime is Serial Experiments Lain, but at least there we have a world and a thematic landscape worth getting lost in, here we just have what could be a fanfiction of a fanfiction of a reboot of a rip-off
>>
>>81296147
Do reddit and tumblr honestly think that 95% of kino goes which are normies have seen the original source let alone think about tumblr terminology like whitewashing?
>>
We did it brothers, SJW in the Shell flopped because no one is interested in 'muh strong womyn protagonist' movies. A good cyberpunk movie with a strong male lead that people can actually relate and believe in would do well in the box office.
>>
Movie was just okay. The main problem was the plot, which was really generic. 5.5/10
>>
File: layed.jpg (170KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
layed.jpg
170KB, 640x640px
>>81299007
no the assertion is this failed because of blacks. Whites don't have a problem with whitewashing so this failed because the blacks weren't watching the whites because they were mad about the japanese not being japanese.
>>
It flopped because nobody wants to fucking see a Live Action GiTS which was a shitty done Robo-Cop.
>>
>>81296147
Is this what they're telling their shareholders?
>>
>>81296147
>Power rangers flopped harder
>And it retcon characters to be dykes and Autistic
Something seems off
>>
>>81298978
She don't care, she got her paycheck and has moved on
>>
>>81296147
It had a very niche audience from the beginning. If they were smart they would've got rid of all the dumb, distracting CGI holograms and cut the budget in half.
>>
>>81299131
if they were smart they would have called is something that wasn't retarded.

like sexy cyber ghost skerfuffle
>>
So the mainstream media is going to take this opportunity to push their agenda? What a surprise.
>>
>>81296245
You must understand the conservative trap. They want you to blame SJW for the movie being shit. So they can keep making shitty movies.
>>
>>81299090

>Nice shooting, girl. What's your name?

>Matoko

Did they think they could get away with it?
>>
fuck all of you this movie was fine. 7-8/10 would watch again. i'm hoping for an extended cut or a sequel
>>
>>81299206
Hope in one hand and shit in the other and see which fills up first, but then don't tell us about it because nobody gives a fuck.
>>
>>81296604
That's what he's saying your retard, that it should have been R rated rather than PG-13.
>>
>>81299246
so many words, yet you're saying nothing. stop posting
>>
>>81299206

Neck yourself gaylord
>>
>>81299266
How will you stop me? By hoping?
>>
>>81296245
>audiences aren't dumb anymore
A hahaha hahaha man, no one gives a fuck about anime. It flopped because the media told people to hate it. People are more retarded today than they've been in hundreds of years
>>
File: Correct-order.jpg (313KB, 1800x633px) Image search: [Google]
Correct-order.jpg
313KB, 1800x633px
Is it cinema now?
>>
File: 1490527265965.png (817KB, 794x637px) Image search: [Google]
1490527265965.png
817KB, 794x637px
>>81299206
fuck off paramount shill
>>
>>81296289
Underworld series is 10/10, scarlet is just overrated. Just wait for the next underworld, Kate will show these talentless cunts how to act
>>
>>81299289
eager to have the last word, eh? i'll do you a solid and let you have it, that way you can go to bed feeling like you've accomplished something for once.
>>
>jews are considered white

/pol/ BTFO
>>
>>81296147
"whitewashing," oh fuck off.
>>
>>81299344
Never fucking talk to our shills like that when you cross post on /v/eddit, /v/edditor
NEVER
>>
>>81298777
This.
>>
>>81296457
Fuck the nipples. Compare those backgrounds.
>>
>buy tickets expecting an unintentionally funny trainwreck
>turns out the movie is actually great
You lied to me, /tv/. Aramaki and Batou were goat.
>>
File: 1368525533244.gif (2MB, 448x246px) Image search: [Google]
1368525533244.gif
2MB, 448x246px
>>81299181
>Matoko
>MATOKO
>mAtoko
>>
>>81296147
Nope, it wasn't because of that, there's been plenty of whitewashing controversy in movies that haven't flopped. And there's plenty of movies that appealed to politically correct groups and still flopped. It flopped because it didn't generate enough interest and the reviews where bad. Not only yhe reviews by crutics, but thw people as well.
>>
If this failed because of whitewashing when very few reviews mention it as the reason, then why did Iron Fist do so well when the majority of reviews talked about how unwoke it is, and miscast etc?
>>
>>81296245
>Audiences aren't dumb anymore
Looking at the top grossing films from the past five years says otherwise.
>>
>>81296147

It's flopped because libcucks don't actually watch the movie, they bitch and scream if they don't see someone who isn't white, even if the person is a girl

You don't hear shit when you see a nigger as main protagonist
>>
>>81299772

Iron fist didn't do well, the first episodes where watched but the viewers for episodes 4 and on were quite low. Netflix has shown to be quite dishonest about its numbers with the whole Amy Schmacher debacle and now inside sources say its the same with Iron Fist
>>
I genuinely don't understand this whitewashing thing. For me is the same as the concept of cultural appropriation (very retarded). You are taking a foreing concept/story and adapting it to your own country, of course you will change things. What about all the adaptations of japanese horror movies, or from Korea, are all those whitewashing too? Does Vanilla Sky or Ugly Betty count?

In my country they made a version of Married with children, was that "brownwashing"? Are the turkish Spiderman and Star Wars racist movies?
>>
>>81299929
Proof that it didn't do well?
>>
>>81298719
Backstory isn't characterization you pretentious faggot.
>>
>>81296147
Bullshit. If your political narrative was true, Ghostbusters would've done well at the box office.
Truth is barely anything does well at the box office and that is especially true of this genre. You have to drag the public by the seat of their pants to the theater to get them to go see a sci-fi movie this day and age.
>>
>>81296147

IT FLOPPED BECAUSE IT WAS SHIT, HOLY FUCK, JOURNALISM IS DEAD
>>
>>81299929
Yeah, post your inside sources.
>>
>>
>>81299909

And conservitards are supposed to save it? Truth is Scarjo simply doesn't have that much star appeal as she likes to think she has. Sure she decent supporting roles in big movies but as a solo actress she is about as appealing as Taylor Kitsch
>>
>>81296245
>don't count on an star's clout to carry your film.

This, mostly. It feels like 'star power' is nearly non-existant now, especially in action flicks. The culture of watching shit movies just for this one actor, like it used to happen with Schwarzeneger or Stallone or Jackie Chun is gone.
>>
>>81296147
no it flopped because who the fuck knows what ghost in a shell is other than weebs?
and knowing weebs, they wouldn't be interested in seeing live action adaptation of an anime to begin with.
>>
>>81296147
>film flopped because it had a white lead

Later...
>film flopped because racists didn't like that it had a black lead
>>
>It flopped because people want MORE politicized anti white "diversity" casting
>>
There has been no source given to OPs image.
>>
>>81299109

>Kimberly in princess outfit

WHAT EPISODE
>>
has it been released in asia?
>>
>>81296147
>that fucking hooked nosed cunt
>white

kek, also besides the jew issue, the only reason why I didnt go to see this movie is because she too is a shit actress. Really shitty.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>81299181

>I would buy that for 100 yen!

I mean fucking really

Or when the Puppet Master was all like
>you burnt the fucking microchips!

Jesus
>>
>>81296147
The ONLY reason it flopped is because in the US nobody outside of big time anime fans knows or cares about Ghost in the Shell. First you have normies who don't give a shit about anime. Then you have the small minority of anime fans. Then in that small minority most of them are "anime normies" who only know about DBZ, Naruto, and One-Piece. You have to go even deeper than that to find the Ghost in the Shell fans who would be interested in this. It was going to fail no matter what.
>>
>>81296147

It's just a shit movie
>>
>>81300530

Yes, and so many people knew about Guardians of the Galaxy prior to the movie.
>>
That's only part of the problem. It was a crappy movie, but they're trying to pin all the blame on Racebending fags.

Admittedly, the SJWs were intolerant assholes that tainted the GITS film long before it premiered, but even if it had an Oriental actress, it still would've tanked because the writing and direction was awful.
>>
Is muh strong wymyn lead dead yet or will we have to wait for Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman and Batwoman to flop as well?
>>
>>81299998
Box office: 229.1 million USD
Budget: 144 million USD
It lost money.
>>
>>81296147
>paramount: ghost in the shell flopped because of whitewashing

>Implying it didn't flop because it was a bland pg13 remake of one of the most visual stunning animated movies ever made

I hate this "everything is about race" dumb mentality.
By the way wasn't this shit produced by disney? One more reason for it to suck.
>>
>>81296147
It flopped because the plot was shit, this was evident in the trailers. Literally just reduced to a shitty origin story flick.

ScarJo's acting was also pretty shit, and that's true even if we disregard how much it butchered the Major's character.

It's sad too, because the environment was actually decent.
>>
>>81299109
>we wuz kangz
>>
>>81299950
>You are taking a foreing concept/story and adapting it to your own country
The film is set in Asia though and a lot of the characters are clearly Japanese. The geisha robot they've been showing off in every trailer is a big hint.

>of course you will change things
They didn't make the story Western by any stretch of the imagination though. They kept the fun Japanese aesthetic when they needed to, and then dropped it when convenient (having a Westerner play a character with a Japanese name).

No one complained about The Departed, which was a Western remake of a Hong Kong action film. Why? Because it was different enough to be artistic in its own right. That's how adaptations should be made, not this shit.
>>
>>81296245

If audiences cared about inspired film making the MCU wouldn't be popular.
>>
>>81300608
Lol but they knew it was Marvel and part of the MCU. Every here knows about Marvel and just about everyone liked the MCU movies so on that basis alone they were already on board.
>>
>>81300830
>the god of how adaptations must be done

Hey, if you are such a god, why can't you just dictate how things should be done instead of whining on here?
>>
>>81300830
>No one complained about The Departed
Speak for yourself, I was salty as fuck.
>>
>>81300845

Okay, you convinced me.
>>
>>81296147
And Fox said Wolverine Origins flopped because of Piracy.

Company is lying because they don't want to admit they made a shitty fucking movie. So if they can pass the blame from something like "shitty movie" to "we'll be more progressive" they're going to go the later route.
>>
>>81300896
>faggot
>>
>>81300881
>why can't you just dictate how things should be done

I just did, you faggot. The next time a story or franchise is adapted, The Departed should be looked to for a scenario where it was done well.
>>
>>81300830
>No one complained about The Departed

The Departed was 11 years ago. The world has gone a long way since then.
>>
Iron Fist flopped critically, but was a commercial success despite its whitewashing.

What's the difference here? People would still like if it if was good and racist. I think it was just a bad film. And Scarlett Johannsen isn't a bankable star, which Lucy showed
>>
>>81296245
>audiences aren't dumb anymore
>capeshit grosses billions
>>
>>81300896
Were you salty because it wasn't similar to Infernal Affairs, or because you just didn't like it?

>>81300944
It doesn't matter. They made the story uniquely Irish-American and placed it in a context where it was fitting to cast all white actors. GiTS doesn't have the same excuse.
>>
>>81298857
jesus christ thats a terrible team.
>>
>>81300830
Nobody is Jap in anime. Not even the Japs themselves care about this shit including the director of the 1995 anime movie.

And Asian things are cool, Asian people aren't.
>>
>>81300940
>faggot
>>
>>81296147
Thank you Paramount.

The 3D GitS flop saved anime from the clutches of retarded Hollywood executives like yourselves.

Now we just have to wait for 3D Death Note to flop, and the anime aversion wall will be complete.
>>
>>81296147
You know, I'm inclined to believe that these shitfests that popup around movie releases are engineered so that if the movie flops they have something to blame it on.
>>
>>81301029
>Nobody is Jap in anime.
Because they have blue hair and purple eyes? A useful tip is if they have a name like Izumi or Mitsubishi and if they live in fucking Japan, they're probably Japanese.

>And Asian things are cool, Asian people aren't.
Source? There are plenty of famous Asian film stars that have made it big in the West, so clearly white people don't mind seeing them on-screen. It just sounds like bullshit to justify a white protagonist in a context that doesn't make sense. The story would have worked fine if it was set in New York, why not do that?
>>
>>81298665
spotted the subhuman mongrel Americuck
>>
>>81296147
All these people blaming ScarJo when the film was shit to begin with. A studio pops big name actors in big budget movies in hopes that the star power will atleast be enough of a draw to recoup losses if the movie is shit. GITS would never have gotten the general public to see it. It's not a known quantity in the US, so the producers probably made the call to try and Hollywood it up and localize the property. I tend to think this would be an issue with any movie based on an anime. Just look at Dragon Ball Evolution or The Guyver movies for examples.
>>
File: Dan Eagleman.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dan Eagleman.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
>>81301029
>Nobody is Jap in anime.
Common misconception.

Read through
http://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/7539/why-are-most-people-in-anime-white-or-european-looking-instead-of-japanese

The real indication that anime people are not default caucasian/white is that when anime actually DOES portray caucasian/white characters, they often give them distinct facial characteristics, e.g. like pic related.
>>
File: 1469238869984.jpg (54KB, 453x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469238869984.jpg
54KB, 453x500px
>>81296245
>Audiences aren't dumb anymore.
>>
>>81301206
New York wouldn't have done anything. They just would have bitched that they changed the setting just to justify the casting choice. Ghost in the Shell flopped but I'm pretty sure it would have flopped even harder at the box office if an Asian was the star. It should never have been made for theaters. You want an Asian to star in a Ghost in the Shell movie then you should have put it on NetFlix instead.
>>
File: nuke_it_from_the_orbit_-_ripley.jpg (104KB, 700x376px) Image search: [Google]
nuke_it_from_the_orbit_-_ripley.jpg
104KB, 700x376px
>>81300709
You're a bit off.

Ghost in the Shell so far has earned about $60 million at the box office, with a budget of $110 million.

It faces some pretty damn steep competition for the young adult dollar, with Logan, Boss Baby and Beauty and the Beast.

> Is muh strong wymyn lead dead yet
Lucy (2014) pulled in $463 million in box office + rentals, so I'd say no.
>>
>>81301494
An Asian actress would have just caused an even worse box office, because the actress wouldn't be a big name star. If a studio tosses a large amount of money at a project they won't cast a literal who to star in it, because then they'll have lesd of a chance to turn a profit on a big budget movie with no major stars to draw the general public in.
>>
I just watched that movie, don't know shit about manga or anime, I wish the storyline was more interesting but comparing to the usual shit like all those Marvel movies that somehow gross 10000billion$ this movie wasn't that bad
>>
Im so glad the shit flopped, dont even cary why.
>>
I'm going to see it in 2 hours. Wish me luck bros, I'm trying to sneak past the couples check.
>>
File: 1481923853226.jpg (44KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1481923853226.jpg
44KB, 1366x768px
>>81300926
NO U.
>>81301015
I was salty because I was against the remake, just like Robocop and Total Recall, I was salty about those too.
>>
another reason to spit on subhuman mongrel Americucks faces
>>
>>81301837
This.
>>
>>81296147
And they blame it on whites when it flops.

It was kikewashing.
>>
>>81296147
It probably flopped because no one ever gave a shit about GitS. The original film isn't even that good. People only liked SAC, and even that was quickly forgotten.
>>
I believe that whether or not the whitewashing argument applies to this movie, it was still a poorly made, poorly written adaptation that failed to grasp what the source material was even really about. It's just a shitty movie.
>>
>>81300947
>Iron Fist flopped critically, but was a commercial success despite its whitewashing.

Iron Fist didn't whitewash anything, though.
>>
File: Nanalan+comp_827000_5933384.jpg (21KB, 446x324px) Image search: [Google]
Nanalan+comp_827000_5933384.jpg
21KB, 446x324px
How can "Whitewashing" be real, but it also be OK for Rolland the Gunslinger and L to be played by blacks?

I want a legitimate answer to this question.
>>
>>81300608
Guardians did well on its own merit. It's a decent sci fi adventure if you ignore the fact that it's MCU.
>>
>>81296245
Less that half the country voted, and even then less than half of that votes from Donald.
>>
>>81301550
Those are Ghostbusters numbers. Accounting for marketting and how much of the cut movie theaters get, Ghostbusters lost money.
>>
>>81302308
Whitewashing is bad because fuck white people and fuck trump.

Paramount fucked up because they jewwashed a flick with a story no one cared about.
>>
It's another feminists are mad because /tv/ ruined another female-fronted franchise episode
:yawn:
>>
>>81302308
Because END RACISM AND SEXISM

DOWN WITH WHITE MALES
>>
File: 1.jpg (275KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
275KB, 1920x1080px
Who /cantwait/ for a live-action angel's egg?
>>
>>81296245
>It flopped because it looked like a soulless money grab of a popular anime and everyone could see that.
Very few people could see that. What they saw was a silly-looking sci-fi movie with Scarlett in a skin-tight naked looking outfit, and body is bringing their girlfriend to that kind of thing.
>>
>>81302308
>MINORITIES replaced by straight/cis Whites: it happens hundred of times for decades, with fictional & historical characters
>some fictional characters are raceswapped, and it occurred only these last years
quite different m8
>>
>>81302358

Whatchu talkin bout Willis...I'm waitin on Ghosthustler II right naow...
>>
File: Kugelblitz.png (280KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
Kugelblitz.png
280KB, 1280x738px
>>81302554
Wait a second, ENHANCE!
>>
>>81296225
>had shit trailers
the trailers are great
>>
>>81298857
What's wrong with Solid State Society?
>>
>>81302321
This was total word of mouth. The trailer was a complete boring disaster, "Here's some characters you'll like, like them, go see the movie because you like them!"
>>
This movie redpilled me on Rottentomatoes. Was it mediocre? Yeah. Was it worse than Transformers and Thor: The Dark World? Fuck no.
>>
>>81301206
Speak for yourself, most Americans don't like watching Asians because they're too foreign and can't relate to them.
>>
>>81302754
Don't fall for bait.
>>
>>81302608
So if everyone guilty of race swapping nobody should be guilty of race swapping
>>
>>81302883
>wahh if i can't relate to the characters it's shit

When will plebs learn?
>>
I'm pretty progressive but anyone who is offended by whitewashing is being an idiot. It's manufactured outraged sparked by Asian-American actors tired of never getting leading roles. I feel for them, but it is what it is.

I have zero problem with a Japanese anime character beign white in a live action adaptation made for western audiences.
>>
File: 918E29XGI1L._SL1500_.jpg (312KB, 1017x1500px) Image search: [Google]
918E29XGI1L._SL1500_.jpg
312KB, 1017x1500px
Why is there no backlash from yellow-washing?
>>
>>81299347
Calm down Lily Mo. We all agree.
>>
>>81302608
Whitewashing was the result of not having any bankable non-white actors around.

What's the justification for blackwashing roles?
>>
>>81296289

You mean like TFA?
>>
>ANOTHER pg 13 sci fi flick
i saw this coming
>>
>>81296147

It failed because it's a fucking PG-13 GitS. Whoever thought that was a good idea is completely fucking retarded.
>>
>>81298613
Then they can still just blame the failure on racism since it failed just because it's a minority actor
>>
>>81296289

>It's because the general public doesn't want to watch an action movie with a female lead.

Is that why there are SIX fucking Resident Evil movies and FIVE Underworld movies?
>>
>>81303228
No. The reason for shit like that is money laundering.
>>
>>81302608

>It's OK when non-whites do it but not whites.
Yeah, super different.
>>
>>81303228

You are replying to a retard.
>>
I hope this kills pathetic soulless Hollywood adaptations of famous anime for at least few years.
>>
>>81296412
I am pretty sure it was just nerdy weebs that got mad, because they did not get a QT jap grills. Everything about that film feels unweeby and Americanised,
>>
>>81302358
>>81301550

Also remember that Paul Feig said that the movie had to make over 500 million to be successful.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/07/paul-feig-ghostbusters-reboot-c-v-r.html
>>
>>81300947
To watch Iron Fist you have to click a button on an streaming app you've already payed for whether you watch it or not.

Also although technically 'Iron Fist season 1', its actually MCU Netflix Season 5, building up to the Season 6, 'the Defenders'.
>>
>>81303323
>Everything about that film feels unweeby and Americanised,

And that's why those movies will never work.
>>
File: edge-of-tomorrow.26978.jpg (294KB, 864x1280px) Image search: [Google]
edge-of-tomorrow.26978.jpg
294KB, 864x1280px
It's okay when Tom Cruise does it.
>>
>>81296147
How is it white washing when the character from the anime doesn't even remotely look Asian at all.
>>
>>81302883
no wonder americucks are wanna be white subhuman
>>
>>81303495
Because it was a decent movie and Cruise did a good job as an actor in the movie

live action GiTs is just shit
>>
>>81296147
>Hahahahahahaha
>>
File: Kate Beckinsale.jpg (49KB, 810x400px) Image search: [Google]
Kate Beckinsale.jpg
49KB, 810x400px
>>81299347
If they wanted a white Major they should have gotten Kate.
>>
>>81303495
Because he died more than 6 million times. it was funny.
>>
>>81296457
this fuck pg 13, that kike whore already has nudes but can't show them for gits,I ain't paying to watch that shit.
>>
>>81303495
That was only a unknown manga not a popular anime.
>>
>>81303642
>yfw that was filled 15 years ago
>>
There is no call for misogynism, calling them "talentless cunts"

Arnold had ZERO talent in his whole body, and he's a dumbshit liberal, yet people sucked his dick for 40 years
>>
>>81303942
>and he's a dumbshit liberal

If only he got redpilled to achieve true enlightenment
>>
>>81303642
This tbqh.
>>
>>81299265

That is NOT what he's saying with that image moron, he's trying to claim that they're both PG-13 but one showed tits and the other didn't.

How stupid are you?
>>
It flopped because they tried to take a relatively unknown (in the west) philosophical series and dumb it down for the lowest common denominator pleb

With half the budget and a script written for a >80 iq this would have at least given an average ROI
>>
>>81299495
This.
>>
>>81304090
Americucks have have double digit iq afterall
>>
>>81304090
no
They just needed to show some of their tank stuff in the trailer, more explosions, less scarjo
Everyone loves a nice big blockbuster sci-fi flick
>>
>>81296147
no. they're using that as an excuse to explain the shit boring plot more boring than watching paint dry, shitty pandering to chinese audiences, and a shitty performance from the lead and both villains

only decent performance was from the blonde guy with the google eyes
>>
File: come on1.jpg (26KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
come on1.jpg
26KB, 600x375px
>>81303323
>Everything about that film feels unweeby and Americanised,
>Giant Chinese holograms in an obvious Hong Kongish city with Asians everywhere
>>
>>81300668
We have to wait, you have to go back
>>
>>81304235
the spider tank wasn't even that great

if I wanted to watch a robot super soldier shoot giant robot machines I'd just go watch the latest robocop
>>
>>81302608
No, it's still mildly offensive to Asians regardless.

Doesn't matter if you're swapping them out with white, black, or orange people.
>>
>>81301029
Not really anon, see
>>81301043

Japs think anime characters are Japanese. Whites think the same characters are white - or rather visually identify more strongly with them than you'd expect.

Japanese find this interesting and don't care. Whites don't care.
The people who care are inserting their values and priorities into the cultural product of another race. Which is the height of irony.
>>
>>81302554
>implying Americans have the patience to sit through Angel's Egg

They already complained enough about the lack of dialogue at the start of Wall-E.
>>
>>81301493
>what me worry
>>
>>81302194
>the original film isn't even that good

Objectively false.
>>
File: MkhL5D4.png (165KB, 271x273px) Image search: [Google]
MkhL5D4.png
165KB, 271x273px
I don't understand sjw logic.
So if a white actor plays any role of a character made for another race it's white-washing and unacceptably racist/sexist/etc., but if any other race played a role that was made for another race (say an Asian playing a Black or character/vise versa) then it's ok? Or would that be stealing from a "underrepresented" race?
WHAT IS THE LOGIC BEHIND THIS SHIT!?
>>
>>81303193
This as well.
(Beside the dog shit script)
>>
File: Natasha Liu Bordizzo.jpg (302KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
Natasha Liu Bordizzo.jpg
302KB, 1280x853px
>>81303642

She's not asian, desu

My personal choice to play Motoko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipajSgOTD3I
>>
>>81303786

Blame Avi Arad for that
>>
Funny thing, japs themselves don't give a fuck about the whitewashing since they wish they were white, showing how hypocrite they are with their "muh nippon teikoku" nationalism BS
>>
>>81303851
>>81303495

Not a manga adaptation.
>>
>>81302308

Any time a leftist complains about white people doing something their issue is the white people doing it, not the thing they are doing. There are no bad tactics, just bad targets
>>
>>81304612
Beckinsale has Thai ancestry
>>
>>81299334
Neuromancer is never gonna be made, not after the flops of Gits and Bladerunner 2.
>>
>>81299334
Neuromancer isn't even Gibson's best cyberpunk book.
>>
>>81305013
One most likely to get adapted though.

And thank fuck for that desu. This time in cinema would ruin it. Check back 15-20 years.
>>
Yes, whenever something fails, it's whitey's fault.
>>
>>81305054
Dude the White Mans Burden is tough to bear sometimes. Like, it cuts both ways. But you're still white m8, you got shit to do for the species future.
>>
>Ghost in the Shell flopped because of whitewashing
>Iron Fist was a huge success for Netflix even with "whitewashing"
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>81304596
This is what their point is. I'm not defending it or arguing against it. Just stating what their argument actually is. Not my own, don't argue with me.

Right you ready?

Most English Language movies as you would expect star White characters, as they are the majority in western countries. However if you are not white, are a talented actor, and live in an English speaking country you're going to have a hard time getting roles.

Because of this, whitewashing is robbing you of the very few staring roles you are suited to. Giving a white role to a minority actor however is opening up a job opportunity to an actor who can't get roles because the majority of the roles are white, and have doesn't much effect on white actors because the majority of available roles are still for white characters.
>>
wow, it's like they baked in a contrivance to push the blame onto some vague external issue over just admitting they fucked up
>>
it was pretty confusing that she was white and had an asian mom. they couldn't find an asian corpse to stick her in? same with her predecessor.

and they were in japan but half the people smoke with an american accent, the other half in japanese.
>>
File: theprofessionals.jpg (9KB, 256x185px) Image search: [Google]
theprofessionals.jpg
9KB, 256x185px
How is this possible, GITS is based on the cultural appropriation of The Professionals.

I'd have thought /tv/ would know this, Shirow has talked about it on many occasions.

L-R: Togusa, Chief Aramaki, Batou.
>>
>>81305170
A: The non-whites should not be here
B: They should go to their home country if they want to star in movies fit for their race
C: Non-whites have no entitlement to anything
>>
>>81305490
>A: The non-whites should not be here
>B: They should go to their home country if they want to star in movies fit for their race
I agree, they should be making movies in america.
>>
>>81305389
I mean, tell me if any of this sounds familiar.

>CI5 (Criminal Intelligence 5) is a fictional British law enforcement department, instructed by the home secretary to use any means to deal with crimes of a serious nature that go beyond the capacity of the police, but are not tasks for the security service or military.

>Led by the formidable George Cowley (Jackson), CI5 is known for using unconventional and sometimes illegal methods to beat criminals, or as Cowley put it "Fight fire with fire!"

>Cowley's two best agents are Ray Doyle (Shaw) and William Bodie (Collins). Doyle is an ex-detective constable who has worked the seedier parts of London, while Bodie is an ex-paratrooper, mercenary and SAS sergeant. Of the two, Doyle is the softer, compassionate and more thoughtful character, while Bodie is ruthless and more willing to take on criminals on their own terms. That said, Doyle is more hot-headed and tended to rush in, while Bodie waits for the shooting to start.

While polar opposites, Bodie and Doyle have a deep and enduring friendship, and are almost inseparable. Although their loyalty to Cowley is beyond question, they have no qualms about disobeying orders if it means getting the right result, either for the case or themselves.

If you've never seen it should, its a reminder of when they made TV programmes for blokes.
>>
The movie was decent if very cheesy entertainment. I'd rather watch it than another Marvel
>>
>>81303642
holy shit shes a million times more attractive than Scarlet Johansen.
>>
File: 1416782705690.gif (2MB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
1416782705690.gif
2MB, 300x228px
>>81305170
I guess I can kinda' understand their argument and don't agree with it, Is it even true that if you're not white that you'll have a harder time getting roles? Do they pretend like minorities have NEVER had roles in movies EVER? It might be true in some cases I don't fucking know, but I have a hard time believing it'd be difficult for minorities specifically. I'd think it'd have to do more with looks and talent.

Personally I don't care about white-washing, race washing, "stealing" roles or whatever, if there's an adaption to something I enjoy I at least want the actor to portray the likeness of the character and their personality.
>>
>>81306257
>Kate Beckinsale

Hmmm
No
>>
>>81306719
Literally the fourth best actor in her family.
>>
Actually it flopped because it was a lot of scenes from the anime strung together shittily with Piglet Jewhanson looking dumpy and bored
>>
>>81296147
Its weird because Ghostbusters flopped because the movie going public are a bunch of shitlords.

Less than a year later they are all card carrying SJWs.

Its seems to me its had pretty weak promotion, I was asking around to see if anyone had seen it and nobody had heard of it.
>>
>>81302608
>cis
>unironically using tumblr speak

get raped and kill yourself
>>
>>81306719
swn ask you to teach her daughter how to please a man properly
>>
>>81303145

Star Wars transcends all when it comes to money. The only way I could see a Star Wars movie flopping is if it was about the Empire gassing raping all non-whites, and if it's portrayed as a positive thing that should happen today. Plus, Donald Trump stars as the Imperial Admiral who ethnically cleanses the galaxy. It would also need to be NC-17 to limit distribution.
>>
File: 1443378395778.png (218KB, 429x423px) Image search: [Google]
1443378395778.png
218KB, 429x423px
>>81296312
JEWS aren't white shit wizard.
>>
>>81296245
You are seriously trying to tell us with a straight face despite Marvel capeshit continuously raking in $500+ million at the box office with each new turd shat out?
>>
>>81308593
$500 million ain't shit, bootlicker.
>>
It flopped because it was shit.
But it's not like it matters, right?
>flops with a white actress? whitewashing to blame
>flops with a non-white actress? racism to blame
>>
>>81296225
It flopped because people are tired of Scarlett Johansson
>>
>>81296147
Truly, only a braindamaged, highly insane libshit sjw lgbt femen political correctness Tumblr apostle would claim something as ridiculous as that tagline.
This is why that retard Trump has won.
People are getting sick of being treated like retards and being blamed for all kinds of things by passive-aggressive dickless subhumans.
>>
>>81296245
>and everyone could see that

I don't think anyone even knows what Ghost in the Shell is. Even the SJWs who wanted to mark 'stood up for Asians for a change instead of just niggers and the occasional spic' off of their to-do lists had probably never even heard of it until the controversy.
>>
>>81308728
Oh look, someone was allowed to surf 4chan for today and be extra edgy.
>>
Not gonna lie, former Trump voter here. This is fucking hilarious watching Trump crash and burn. But in all seriousness we can't let this guy get the nuclear codes.
>>
>>81296245
great bate

(you)
>>
>>81296364
>In the movie she's actually Japanese or whatever, just her shell is white looking because let's face it, whites are better looking.
and it's retarded go fuck yourself
>Plus anime chicks look white anyway
go fuck yourself twice
>>
>>81308900
Oh look, someone who I should probably feel sorry for but now cannot.
>>
>>81308593
But marvel movies are good.
>>
>>81308778
Literally this

It doesn't look half bad, but Johansson ruined my interests
>>
>>81296147
It flopped because she looks and acts like shit.
>>
>>81296412
>tsundere

Fuck off weeb
>>
>>81296457
the fact that this makes you mad so much is one of the main factor why you are still a virgin.
>>
Never really watched Ghost in the Shell but liked the spider bots designs are they in the movie?
>>
>>81310069
No.
>>
File: IMG_4282.gif (613KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4282.gif
613KB, 498x498px
I don't get the whitewashing angle. It's a film not a historical document. These same libtard reviewers didn't care when nigs role played as actual historical figures in Hamilton.
>>
(((us whites fucked up and deserve punishment and atone)))

(((us whites sure are nazis, we must atone and bomb Syria)))

(((us whites sure fucked up Syria, we must atone and ...)))
>>
>>81296147
Funny how big companies can never correctly identify their own failures, even when they choose the polemic excuses.
>>
but the spoiler of the movie is that Kusanagi isn't white but asian
>>
Finally us whites will recognize our mistakes.

Leslie Jones as Dorothy in new Oz when?
>>
>literally anybody but ron perlman cast as batou
I could have forgiven everything else for ron
he's not expensive either some shitty swedish game company can get him
fucks SAKES
>>
>>81296147
>make shitty movie
>blame minorities for no one liking it

It was one of the worst movies I watched since Man of Steel. While the whitewashing and no connection to source material is problematic in the background, it all would be irrelevant if the actual movie wasn't a borefest. Most people don't know the source material either way.
>>
>>81310945
they're blaming white protagonists
>>
>>81310973
No, they are blaming the "controversy" which came as REACTION from white protagonist. Basically bitching about people bitching.
>>
>>81303210
>Then they can still just blame the failure on racism since it failed just because it's a minority actor

Directors will start selling their diversity porn to studios knowing it will bomb but they are too out of touch to not buy it up.

It'll literally be the plot of the producers
>>
Motoko is not Japanese.

Japanese japwashed another character of the original's author. The guy was a black cyborg and they didn't want to show his face because blacks don't look human tp Asians.
>>
>>81303312
I hope it kills off the soulless resurgence of cyberpunk in movies. I live the asthetic, but they are just ruining it. It's not too late, if this gets bad enough we could get lucky and they'll cancel blade runner 2
>>
>>81311124
Sounds like a destructive attitude. Out of 10 shitty adaptions 1 might turn out good, without any, there will be none. It's not like you have to like or even watch the shitty ones.
>>
>>81311094
With that name she's not japanese?
C'mon
>>
This is dangerous narrative for the left as it reinforces that a character race is important to sales and changing it can ruin it. Blackwashing is the same thing in people's minds regardless if your sociology teacher won't accept its a word
>>
>>81311394
>Blackwashing is the same thing in people's minds regardless if your sociology teacher won't accept its a word
that's because the term is blackshitting
>>
>>81311394
Or maybe the authenticity is? A white character, called fucking Motoko in a fucking asian setting stands out like the blonde, blue eyed Jesus shit does.

Just a well made movie can make you overlook that shit while things like that stand out in a mediocre movie.
>>
>>81310945
>>81310973
>they're blaming white protagonists
>>81311035
>No, they are blaming the "controversy" which came as REACTION from white protagonist. Basically bitching about people bitching.

The worst thing this movie is

> The screenplay
> The awful director
> The entire cast

and they targed the wrong audience
This was an amateur move
>>
>>81311388
It is not her real name. 1995 anime director already said that people use this narrative for political reasons and politics have no place in movie industry.
>>
>>81311549
Got it so a black mi6 agent with a scottish last name would be just as inauthentic for example.
>>
>>81309025
Kill yourself weeb
>>
>>81311702
This
And when a story is originally written with a certain race as the portag changing it should have the same effect.
>>81311549
Having a Asian name and being in Asia does not mean you have to be Asians as immigration and assimilation exists thank liberals for destroying homogeneous Society
>>
>>81311566
>The entire cast
No one really stood out as really bad or great. Also Scarlett Johansson wasn't a big pick at all.

>The awful director
That's overdoing it a bit. It was forgettable not awful directing.

> The screenplay
Now that was the biggest problem indeed. 60min into the movie I still couldn't find a single reason to give a shit about any of the characters or where this is going.

>>81311702
Mostly. One COULD work on the details to make it authentic (Just like you could do in GiTS) but the most likely result will be "LOOK, WE B PROGRESSIVE NOW"

>>81311815
>when a story is originally written with a certain race as the portag changing it should have the same effect.
Unless the race has a huge impact on the story, no.

>Having a Asian name and being in Asia does not mean you have to be Asians
Sure but generally it'd stand out if there is a white dude called Chang and an Asian chick called Shaqueela, unless it's a super diverse setting, so the script writers would need to explain it, even if it's some offhanded comment.
>>
File: Normalfags.jpg (134KB, 500x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Normalfags.jpg
134KB, 500x1200px
>>81311754
Not an argument.
>>
>>81296364
>better looking
>This is what obsolete roasties actually believe
>>
>>81311963

How is race directly importent to the story of Ghost in the shells main character?

The setting is future Asia which the common narrative is the entire world will be divers in the future.

This is like saying having a black German named with a common name should stand no?
>>
>>81296364
It was good, /tv/ doesn't enjoy anything.
>>
File: Weeaboo.gif (10KB, 146x133px) Image search: [Google]
Weeaboo.gif
10KB, 146x133px
>>81312002
Anime characters, especially girls, are generally white looking. White actresses are more attractive and draw bigger audiences at theaters. You cannot dispute these facts.
>>
Fuck that talentless Zionist cunt and fuck Hollywood's low IQ remakes.

I'm so glad this flopped.
>>
>>81296225
Why the fuck is saito black?

Why is the plot female robocop meets her mom?

Why do they even call her, major in this piece of shit if she was just fucking born and never served?

They shit all over this.
>>
>>81296225
The original was only decent because the concept hadn't been explored much before... and also tits.
>>
>>81312104
Any one going to answer this.
>>
>>81304018
How stupid are (You)?

He was comparing both movies and pointing out the Live Action one is rated PG-13, ya autist.
>>
>>81298719
Guess what in the original she's actually a fucking major who has seen battle.

In this she was literally born yesterday but everyone still calls her major for no fucking reason.

Its total shit.

Strong individualistic superwoman robocop meets her mom! (now with niggers)
>>
File: 1491386588851.jpg (151KB, 655x466px) Image search: [Google]
1491386588851.jpg
151KB, 655x466px
Major wouldn't like this thread, its not nice.

Please be nice.
>>
File: 1489487045789.png (825KB, 850x780px) Image search: [Google]
1489487045789.png
825KB, 850x780px
>>81302608
So it's okay for non-white because of some kind of revenge against past white washing?
>>
>>81299539
>the very first scene major disobeys a direct order
>aramaki: it's cool i was just worried for your safety
>>
It flopped because ScaJo has autism.
>>
>>81296147
im fairly certain the majority of movie goers decide movies through the thought process of

yeah that looks good, ill watch it

it just looked like a boring sci fi like valerian planet of a thousand worlds or that other one with mila kunis. they should have done something interesting with it
>>
>>81300668
>take a strong woman lead
>make her a whiney child with an identity complex
>a fucking "anti robot revolutionary" who was kidnapped by a corporation and turned into a cyborg
>has to get revenge
>>
>>81296147
Ah, once again leftism proves to be a self-serving feature of the media establishment.

Fail in your shitty movie? Must be because of some irrelevant racial bullshit. Wasn't diverse or righteous enough, surely.
>>
>>81312845

Major is NOT autistic.
>>
>>81296147
It flopped because scarjo isn't a fucking draw, Lucy flopped and was a much better film than this remake. The island had obi wan and was directed by Michael bay and that's her only arguable success as "the lead"
>>
>>81312752
>>81313060
pro-threads starts at 3:00 am
wait you're the one who star tha shit
>>
>>81312104
>How is race directly importent to the story of Ghost in the shells main character?
It's not. I am not on the side who bitches about muh race when it comes to fictional shit but it's somewhat understandable that some people found it jarring due the source material and most supporting characters being white too despite the setting.

Then again, I also find it silly to focus so much on the source material and not taking a work for what it is.

>>81300668
How the fuck was this a strong woman lead? She was a flatter character than Taylor Swifts ass and passive as fuck. Which is a much bigger issue then all the race shit.
>>
>Whitewashing controversy
Well for me I just think ScarJo is an old ugly kike who ruins everything she's in.
>>
>>81313177
*start
>>
>>81304251
>motoko is an individualist in this film
>she is more concerned with her personal situation than anything her team is going through
>this is a huge difference, a cultural difference

In the very first scene she disobeys a direct order from aramaki.

This would never happen in japanese culture.
That amount of disrespect for a superior is the kind of thing that gets you fired and socially shunned.
>>
>>81304235
It was the shitty non sexy suit.
>>
>>81313279
One would think Japanese culture would change a bit over all the time.

Hell, her position and rank alone would be unthinkable in current Japan now.
>>
File: maxresdefault (6).jpg (76KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (6).jpg
76KB, 1280x720px
>>81313177
>>
>>81313328
In the movie she was just born and they still call her major for no reason.

She's called the major because she rose to the rank of major through combat, it's not a fucking nickname.
>>
>>81313474
>she rose to the rank of major through combat
As a female in Japan. Hell, even in a more advanced country it'd be something very rare.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>81301447
woah! what were all these asians doing in new york city during the 1930's?
>>
>>81313193
Dident you post this
>>81311549
>>
>>81313544
Not when you're a military cyborg that's the best killer in the world.
>>
>>81313729
I did. Maybe I just suck at making a point, but authenticity is much more complex and race CAN be a part of it.

For the movie in question, I see nothing wrong with the main character when it comes to that. Besides it was a good commercial choice. You're introducing a new franchise (let's not pretend that most people give a fuck about anime) and using the biggest female actress as the lead is a good way to get attention and people who would otherwise not give a damn. Hell, the people bitching about it only add more publicity.

When it comes to background and supporting characters ... the whiteness did stand out a bit, not because of the whiteness alone but because of the setting and how it was presented, so more down to director/script writer than some race shit.

In the end it was a painfully mediocre movie that wouldn't be any better if everybody and their dog were Asian anyway.
>>
It'll probably do better in China and Japan this weekend.
>>
File: 1490504863340.png (449KB, 994x508px) Image search: [Google]
1490504863340.png
449KB, 994x508px
>>81296147
Why is Hollywood trying to force that bitch into everything now days, holy fuck.
>>
File: 6452.jpg (14KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
6452.jpg
14KB, 400x225px
>>81314971

Pls no bully.
Thread posts: 324
Thread images: 44

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.