[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /tv/ think of The Babadook?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (1MB, 1413x621px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1413x621px
What does /tv/ think of The Babadook?
>>
>>81293638
my wife and i enjoyed it, confirmed for us to never have kids
we watched it because we love Miss Fisher
>>
Scary the first time you see it, the child's acting is what I'd call perfectly fit for the part and the cinematography has some points of brilliance - obviously, as a commercial film. The symbolism is a bit on the nose, though the ending salvages it by not trying to be explicitly moralizing.

All in all, a better horror movie than most coming out but definitely not a masterpiece.
>>
>>81293638
it was a decent movie but it failed as horror. the effects were also horrible.

>>81293699
you are everything i could hate in a person. fuck you.
>>
>>81293740
Sums things up nicely, I liked enough to rewatch it already
>>
>directed by a woman
Yeah I'm not gonna bother watching this
>>
more like the babacuck
>>
File: Merchant1.gif (11KB, 501x504px) Image search: [Google]
Merchant1.gif
11KB, 501x504px
>>81293699
A wise choice.
>>
should have let the babadook kill the kid desu
>>
>>81293794
why?
>>
File: UnchainUpdate.jpg (245KB, 576x178px) Image search: [Google]
UnchainUpdate.jpg
245KB, 576x178px
>>81293817
Good choice
>>
>>81293638
horrorkino
>>
>>81293699
what about your wife's son though?
>>
>>81293638
It started off alright then it just got silly. On the plus side I had a good laugh while watching it.
>>
>>81293638
the annoying kid ruined the movie 5/10
>>
>>81293699
>confirmed for us to never have kids
Because of a movie? Surely you jest.

>>81293638
Damn good film, but there are a few problems with the editing and acting that keep it from being great.
>>
File: bun.jpg (35KB, 460x369px) Image search: [Google]
bun.jpg
35KB, 460x369px
>>81294033
my wife's bun? he looks like this, he only watches movies starring Felicity Jones
>>
>>81294113
no, any and every instance of a screaming child reinforces that we made the right choice
>>
It was pretty good. I thought the kid actor was pretty good, if he wasn't a horribly annoying wretch the movie's story wouldn't work as well.

The stock sound effects took me out of the moment though, I went from being tense to thinking "wasn't that sound effect in Doom 2". Which was a shame.
>>
>>81294169
That just tells me you simply aren't ready to have children, so it's good that you both won't have any for now.
>>
>>81294229
quit trying to cuck him across the internet
ruining lives is only funny on /b/
>>
>>81293638
Was good until the woman got possessed and them it just got stupid. Especially at the end when they ran out of money and had the woman stare at the camera instead of us seeing the monster ourselves
>>
>>81293638
It was pretty stupid. I remember liking the movie visually but that's about it. Basically muh independent single mother the movie.
>>
>>81294293
What did you mean by this? If he's afraid of a possible child of his screaming, he's not ready to have kids. Kids scream and fuck about for attention because they're not getting it from their parents.
>>
A far better indie horror than the Vvitch, but less popular because of a less persistent PR campaign.
>>
>>81294207
>>81294034
It's great how the villain starts off being the kid but then the perspective shifts midway through. Well made for what it is.

>>81294321
>possessed
It's really just subtle differences in the writing and shots. None of that spooky mumbo jumbo.
>>
>>81294151
Awwww! Hello, Bun!
>>
>those stock sound effects
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.