[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So do we agree that the third season was the best one?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: six-feet-under-logo.jpg (65KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
six-feet-under-logo.jpg
65KB, 1024x768px
So do we agree that the third season was the best one?
>>
Lisa did nothing wrong. Dr. Pepper is heroin tier
>>
>>81291870
Yes, followed by 5, 2, 1, and 4 in that order.
>>
>>81291908
Well besides cheating and dying.
>>
>>81291990
Lisa quitting her wet nurse job without consulting Nate was pretty fucked up.
>>
File: IMG_0327.jpg (104KB, 432x551px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0327.jpg
104KB, 432x551px
>>81291870
Is it just me that found Nate completely insufferable throughout the whole show?

I still don't know whether he is intentionally supposed to be a parody of the late-90's cool dude - to such an inhuman extent that he accepts his mother's infidelity and his brother's homosexuality without blinking an eye - or a character who is the primary point of contact between the audience and the other characters.

A key example would be in the first season when he praises the emotion of the Sicilian women for keening during a funeral when that is as inauthentic and artificial as anything American undertakers do. I have no idea whether this scene is intended sincerely or satirically.
>>
>>81292090
>I still don't know whether he is intentionally supposed to be a parody of the late-90's cool dude - to such an inhuman extent that he accepts his mother's infidelity and his brother's homosexuality without blinking an eye - or a character who is the primary point of contact between the audience and the other characters.
>A key example would be in the first season when he praises the emotion of the Sicilian women for keening during a funeral when that is as inauthentic and artificial as anything American undertakers do. I have no idea whether this scene is intended sincerely or satirically.
It's both. He's a narcissist who thinks he has it all figured out because he went backpacking in Europe, saw the rise and fall of grunge, has sex with dozens of women, is in his 30s and still has his hair. He's really just a scared little boy who runs away from his problems by jumping into a new trend or job or woman. Nate idealized himself to be better than he actually was and he could never to admit how broken he was as a person. It's not anyone's fault really: Ruth and Nate Sr. seemed to do everything right in raising them. Some people are just born fucked up.
>>
>>81292090
I accepted my brothers homosexuality without blinking an eye but I'm a pretty cool dude.
>>
>>81292090
I kind of saw him as someone who always overthought things but when push came to shove he realised he had overhyped it in his mind. He comes off cool because he's mastered his swan impression, and if he let himself let loose he'd be more like Keith or his dad. Plus he sees what being uptight like his brother is like and wants nothing to do with it. I'd definitely have a beer and a cone with him if he weren't dead
>>
>>81292090
Wut? Nate is very a very flawed character and supposed to be so.
>>
>>81292331
Yeah but compared to many of the other characters - especially the more minor ones such as the chenowiths, Keith and his family, the art school people - he is presented in what is a generally quite positive light. The tone of the series is far more judgemental when it comes to Keith's relationship with the foster children than when Nate literally steals and illegally buries his wife despite the wishes of her entire family
>>
>>81292413
I thought Keith was the voice of reason with the nigger kids. Also Nate did nothing wrong in burying her.
>>
>>81291870
Isn't 3 heavy on the *Claire in Art school" story line? Anyway season 5 is best
>>
>ywn have a threesome with Claire and her red hairy pussy and Russel and his tiny uncut cock
>>
>>81293815
4 is worse. 3 has Art School stuff but it's more focused on her and Ben Foster's relationship.
>>
>>81294051
>russell was the guy from Hell or High Water

Lol wut. Really made me think.
>>
I can understand sucking toes, but why wuld anyone get their toe sucked?
>>
>>81293815
That's when she went to the school but I don't think it was especially heavy on that. It was more about Nate and Lisa.
>>
>>81294102
and Armstong in that bike movie
and the guy in Pandorium
>>
File: charlie_prince.jpg (23KB, 422x400px) Image search: [Google]
charlie_prince.jpg
23KB, 422x400px
>>81294135
>>81294102
Charlie Prince you fucks.
>>
>>81294153
Yeah but I don't remember anything from that besides it being bad.
>>
>>81294246
Russell Crowe's last decent movie and the last decent western period was not bad.
>>
>>81294279
But Hell or High Water came after it.
>>
>>81294472
Taylor Sheridan is a horrible Hollywodd hack writer who does minimal research on hot-button issues (the drug trade in Sicario, the financial crash in Hell or High Water) and uses them to further his own career by selling genre flicks. I'm not saying the movies are poor, but the scripts definitely are.
>>
>>81294051
Holy fuck. I had no idea that was Ben Foster. He was ten times uglier when he was younger.
>>
>>81292136
I think George's eulogy at his funeral summed up Nate perfectly
>>
>>81294564
But both of those movies have good scripts, especially when compared to something like 3:10 to Yuma.
>>
>>81294623
>But both of those movies have good scripts
Not at all. Sicario plays out like a Criminal Minds episode about the drug war in Mexico. the writing was amateur and workshopped to hell. You could tell the writer (who is an actor primarily) just read some wikipedia articles and didn't really care about the subject matter. He just used a touchy subject to further his own career. Disgusting.
>but kate, he is wearing FLIP FLOPS! something's going on with him, can't you see?
>wait a minute... you're a spook! right? the audience hasn't understood that yet, so let me say it again! you are cia, right?
>this illegal massacre witnessed by hundreds of civilians will be all over the newspapers tomorrow! wait no it won't be because we are cynical veterans and know this is always gets buried!
>be careful Kate, cops are the ones you can't trust! don't be surprised if in the next act you get betrayed by one, even if he comes out of nowhere
>by the way, they killed his wife and daughter, he is DAMAGED, in case you didn't notice by the way he acts
>by the way I'm an alpha wolf, I'm staring you down, like a wolf, get it?
>>
>>81294702
Nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>81294702
Sicario felt like a Death Note episode; teenager trying too hard to be witty ande gritty
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.