[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dunkirk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (59KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 720x1080px
Will it be kino?

https://mobile.twitter.com/thepilgore/status/848888158926368770/video/1
>>
It'll be funny watching coward bongs get blown to shit
>>
maybe you should watch and find out faggot

also,
>THE EVENT THAT SHAPED THE WORLD

already lowering my expectations Nolan, then again I didn't like The Thin Red Line either, I just don't like tropesy war movies
>>
>>81263257
No
>>
>>81263257
>PG-13
>War movie
No
>>
>>81263360
100,000 of those evacuated were French.
>>
>>81263371
Yeah it's a bit of a shitty liner. Probably the most influential battle in the last 500 years was Waterloo.
>>
nolan doesn't do big scale action well

it will probably be a complete mess
>>
This movie looks so fuckimg boring. Half the trailers are people running.
>>
File: 1401932717220.jpg (92KB, 950x708px) Image search: [Google]
1401932717220.jpg
92KB, 950x708px
>>81264115
The rating makes sense in terms of the story, he doesn't want to make a yet another Saving Private Ryan.

Some excerpts from an extensive Dunkirk interview:

>(Smile.) Do not repeat it to the studio: it will be my most experimental film. By far. I preferred to make a sensory, almost experimental movie. Without dialogue. The soldiers have no history - at least I don’t tell it. Most of the crew didn’t understand why I was screening them The Wages of Fear. But it was the one that made the most sense. Which talks about mechanics, procedure and physical difficulties. I rewatched Pickpoket and Un condamné à mort s’est échappé, just for that. Bresson details everything, creates suspense with details.

>[Saving Private] Ryan is a film about the body, blood, fear of being dismembered. Fear is physical. Steven was able to create a visceral intensity of the experience of war. Dunkirk doesn’t play in the same category. It’s a movie with suspense and a race against time.

>It isn’t by accident that Heart of Darkness by Conrad is one of my favorite novels. It’s the purest form of geography and storytelling. Conrad never repeats himself, he sinks gradually into the depths of the human mind. Is it an inward journey or a trip out of oneself ? That’s the real question Conrad is asking. And 2001! And Dante! How to tell the trip ? This is the main question of cinema. Dunkirk speaks about a very special place that evokes the Bible squarely. In May 1940, the English were the Jews driven out of Egypt and driven back by the Red Sea. And in a Judeo-Christian civilization it adds a very strong level of mythology.
>>
>Nolan
it will be incredibly overrated, I tell you what
>>
>>81263257
Is this new Star Trek?
>>
>>81263257
Nolan cannot direct fight scenes for some reason.
>>
>>81263257
> Rated PG-13
>>
>>81263360
True
>>
>>81263257
I didn't know the Germans used Heinkel 111 medium bombers to attack the Royal Navy...pretty sure only Stukas, Messerschmitts and Focke Wulf 190's attacked naval ships.
>>
>>81265890
well they turned some of them into torpedo bombers so presumably it was capable enough to combat ship s even without them
>>
A film for Breggsit Britain!
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.