[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghost in the shell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: ghost-in-the-shell.jpg (219KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-in-the-shell.jpg
219KB, 1280x720px
I heard they ruined the story and tried to rely on special fx to make it interesting.

I hear the cyberpunk elements in it are forced and weak

I also hear that the producers decided to forego the original climax of the US launching nuclear missiles at Dejima in favor of some spider tank fight scene.

Has anyone here seen it yet?
>>
>>81235860
>10 cents have been deposited into your account
>>
>I also hear that the producers decided to forego the original climax of the US launching nuclear missiles at Dejima in favor of some spider tank fight scene.
Sounds like avoiding getting it autobanned in Japan
>>
>>81235906
But this was in the original, made and released in japan

>Kuze claims to have a nuclear warhead, but its a bluff
>The US, wary of a terrorist possesing a nuke, shoots nukes at Dejima, where Kuze is at
>Tachikomas collide their sattelites with nukes while over the ocean, thus nukes never reach japan

this was in the original story. Its no surprise tho that when the US remakes it, they decide to omit the part about the US being evil
>>
>>81235860
>I heard they ruined the story and tried to rely on special fx to make it interesting
Entirely true. You could easily see where the money went.

>I hear the cyberpunk elements in it are forced and weak
Pretty much, they directly tie in to the big bad who is the most generic retard on the planet.

>forego the original climax of the US launching nuclear missiles at Dejima in favor of some spider tank fight scene
Yes, the climax is a spider tank fight and it's the stupidest shit I've ever seen.

>Has anyone here seen it yet?
Yeah, friend wanted to see it so I went with him. Never seen the original(s).
>>
>>81236012
punching yourself is exactly the same as getting punched by another person
>>
>>81235860
I saw it, I went in with no expectation cause everyone was saying it was shit. But honestly I really liked it. Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed. We all know that anime adaptations into movies usually suck, but in this case i think it worked quite well, and is pretty aestetic and looks similar to the anime.

Mind you, I never actually saw the full anime, only one of the OVA
>>
>>81236058
This is why I havent seen it yet, because I feel it wouldnt be any good.

Hollywood has a habbit of taking good mangas/animes/tv shows etc... and releasing a shitty movie.

i mean, its not about the quality of the movie being released, its all about if they can adequately hype it up to sell enough tickets that it turns a profit.
>>
>>81236151
I actually think it's the best anime movie adaptation i've ever seen. Of course you cant put as much stuff in a movie as in a series, or do as much crazy stuff as in an anime due to budgets. But I think it works well. It's not super deep, but it's nice to see the world of the anime come to life. I dont think it deserves all the hate it's getting really, especially compared to the average capeshit or action movies that are coming out lately.
>>
>>81236111
>Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed
That should just be my life motto. You cant really go wrong with this.
>>
>>81236245
Idk if you saw Captain America: Civil War but that shit was waaaay to overboard with the whole 'capeshit action movie' thing.

literally only 20 minutes did not involve a heavy CGI scene of heroes battling other heroes
>>
>>81236151
Don't bother. I fell asleep during it was so un-engaging.

Ironically Batou was the only remotely good thing about it, and that was only because the actor at least pulled off generic, snide-but-with-a-heart-of-gold military man archetype, as opposed to everybody else who couldn't even say their terribly written lines with a straight face.

It felt like both an origin story and a sequel, and not in the Batman vs. Superman way either. I mean it made assumptions (like assuming you knew Section 9's characters, hence they need no collective screentime, dialogue or emotion because that's what the imaginary first movie is for) while introducing MIRA'S plot which halfway through turns from an origin to a mystery that feels like it should have been sequel material once you actually know or care about the character.

Also there is a scene that almost gave me a seizure, and I have no family history of epilepsy. Fuck it, 0/10. Worse than Frozen.
>>
>>81236372
good advice, thank you anon
>>
>>81236372
>Also there is a scene that almost gave me a seizure

Ohh i know which one you're talking about. Fuck that scene. The movie should have a big warning for epileptic people.
>>
If I've never seen or read the original, where do I start?
>>
>>81236658
The beginning.
>>
>>81236658
this:
>>81236685

Literally with Ghost In the Shell

then move on to Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex
>>
>>81236111
>Keep your expectations low and you won't be disappointed

hollywood today
>>
>>81237104
hollywood always desu..
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.