[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 61

File: ghost-in-the-shell.jpg (231KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ghost-in-the-shell.jpg
231KB, 1280x720px
>Ghost in the Shell has grossed $18.7 million in the United States and Canada and $40.1 million in other territories for a worldwide gross of $58.8 million, against a production budget of $110 million.

Why did it flop?
>>
>Butterface Johanson is a shitty cast for the major

>Shitty unoriginal uninspired plot and aesthetics

>Ghost in the Shell has already been copied a thousand times already in shitty unoriginal uninspired flicks

A glib facsimile
>>
It will probably break even in the end
>>
>>81235841
>Not anywhere close to break even after it's first weekend

Lolno tard
>>
>>81235638
>against a production budget of $110 million.
>

plus $80-100 million marketing

flop city bitch flop flop city bitch
>>
I hope this irreversibly damages scarjo's career and hope she fucks off forever
>>
>>81235841
In a capitalist society "break even" is total failure.
>>
>>81235638
Why the fuck did it cost 110 million.

Fans don't really care about it and the general public just sees it as a Resident Evil-type.

Now the series will be blamed and become toxic property rather than the current insistence on remaking and rebooting every single franchise there ever was.
>>
>>81235980
Scarjo probably makes up most of the budget
>>
I've seen it, it's not THAT bad guys come on, scarjo is the least of this movies issues
>>
>>81235638
Marvel/Disney shills on the internet trying to shut it down with paid reviews, astroturfing, etc
>>
>>81236076
Good, I don't watch Hollywood to touch any more anime
>>
It flopped because ScarJo's body suit was

- unflattering for actress
- not hot to dudes
- unimpressive/non-fash for females; resembled nude padding
- androgynous, which confused everyone

If ScarJo had been nude, and lost weight and trained, huge hit - nudity would be seen as liberating and provocative, and trailers would blur it, and fanboys "faithful" whining would be kill

The rest of the movie looked cool, but ScarJo's tits were like those breast can err patients, like Angelina Jolie or Peggy Bundy. Not futuro, gross.
>>
>>81235946
>>81235841
Breaking even is hard to even accurately define because even if they do make their budget back they still could have spent their time making a movie that wasn't a piece of shit and actually made money.
>>
File: 3073462-6780343819-Peezl.jpg (71KB, 707x500px) Image search: [Google]
3073462-6780343819-Peezl.jpg
71KB, 707x500px
STAY AWAY FROM MY ANIME YOU GOD DAMN HOLLYWOOD WESTAKEKS
>>
>>81235686
>Ghost in the Shell has already been copied a thousand times already in shitty unoriginal uninspired flicks
Can you name 5?
>>
>>81236191
Do you know how hard it is for womyn to build muscle?
In GiTS her body is ridiculous.
>>
Quality of a movie is unimportant here

Studio assumed that the idea will hook people because of popular anime.

But the Anime is still not that popular in the west, especially something like Gits. You need huge marketing budget to sell it and it was apparently not enough.

Overall I'm glad. Lack of profitable anime movies means one thing less for Hollywood to butcher ideas from.
>>
>>81235638
more like ghost in the box office
>>
File: folded arms.png (12KB, 492x400px) Image search: [Google]
folded arms.png
12KB, 492x400px
>comes out in America the day before April fool's day
>the Major isn't Matoko
>>
>>81236191
>and fanboys "faithful" whining would be kill

The gripes from fans are the thematic changes. don't act like the body suit is what people really give a fuck about. At most the bodysuit removes the detachment she has towards her robot body, not really a big deal.
>>
>>81235638
>Sell out movie's plot and lead role for some generic Western bullshit, "Because it'll sell better."
>Don't realize that what made it do so well was its Eastern influences
>Suffer in the box office for being an ignorant shit

It flopped because it deserved to flop. I'm laughing at all the people who defended the Scarlet choice "because a big name will bring more people to the theaters". Turns out the bad press from selling out for a bigger name actually does way more damage to sales than the bigger name would ever bring in.
>>
>>81236047
What the fuck were they thinking? I'm literally not going to see this just because I can't take her ugly mug, and I can't imagine many people give a shit about black widow.
>>
>>81236916
They don't, but Joss Whedon insisted to give that character a lot of screentime.

I hope Scarjo and Jlaw both have some freak plastic surgery accident
>>
>>81235638
The original was like a slow art film with action bits. Why the fuck did they think this would be marketable to your average popcorn popping american?
>>
>>81237055
Studios desperately tries to catch the avengers audience.

Besides, if it wasn't for /tv/ I would've never heard about this movie
>>
It will make back its budget in the cinemas, then it will profit on video and online streaming
>>
>>81235638

The plot of the movie was great ... when it was called RoboCop
But really, fans of the original were disgusted by the trouncing of the source material (why I didn't see it), non-anime fans were repelled by the origin of the property, and a lot of remaining people took issue with the whitewashing (and especially the way it was dealt with in-film, which was egregiously bad).
The only audience for this film are those who fetishized the visuals
>>
I never watched the anime and I didn't see the movie, although I did think about it even if I ultimately decided not to see it.

The trailers just looked like a naked not-cyborg running around City 17 while people quipped about breaking free of some mega corporation. So in other words, almost every cyberpunk story ever written in any media ever. It had no pull, no draw, no appeal.
>>
>>81237117
Wow, it's only tuesday and the biggest lie on 4chan this week already has a first prize
>>
At least this will mean a quick blu ray release. They advertised the film as an action flick. I think they could have advertised it better. Plus I bet their script was terribly simple.

Great visuals though, just like how Jupiter Ascendant was great visually wise.
>>
Good.

Maybe this will mean less Black Widow in future MCU.
>>
>>81237055
What's sad is that if they'd embraced it for what it was, it probably would have done really well.

The problem isn't really ever that the American audience is too stupid. Films like No Country For Old Men and There Will Be Blood have shown us that. It's that they try to dumb things down and as a result the people who enjoy intellectually provocative movies are pushed away and people who enjoy mindless movies are turned off by the shadow of concepts they normally don't care about.

The moment they made it a flashy revenge flick instead of a cyberpunk introspective about society and the implications of both individuality and identity, they fucked themselves.
>>
>>81237239
Here's why you're an idiot. It only needs to make another 50 million to make back its budget. It will easily do that worldwide over the next few weeks

And now you understand why you're an idiot
>>
File: 1387394619680.jpg (22KB, 441x411px) Image search: [Google]
1387394619680.jpg
22KB, 441x411px
>>81236743
>the Major isn't Matoko
>>
File: makelikeatree.jpg (61KB, 614x411px) Image search: [Google]
makelikeatree.jpg
61KB, 614x411px
>>81236743
Except for the bit where she is Motoko Kusanagi.
>>
>>81237295
>>81235930
>>
>>81236743
The Major is Motoko, that's obvious about 5 seconds in and revealed properly halfway through
>>
File: best girl.jpg (32KB, 480x531px) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
32KB, 480x531px
>>81237295
>Not even half the budget on it's opening week worldwide (Not counting marketing)
>"It will easily make back it's money guize!"
>>
>>81235938
fucking this.
>>
>>81235686
I can forgive the story and most of the cast but not Johanson. So many other white actress could've done a better job as Major.
>>
>>81237287
Well put. Have these dubs.
>>
>>81237287
Nailed it. I didn't watch the anime but from what I heard it's one of the classics. Therefore I had assumed that it would have an interesting and memorable world and story. Instead it looks like a typical action flick.

If they had stuck to the original concepts, and saved money by not hiring some overpriced actress, it probably would have been worth seeing because it would have been original if nothing else.
>>
>>81235841
Furious 8 is out in 2 weeks that's huge competiton
>>
>>81237448
Scarjo and Jlaw are basically meme actors, they're not good but people hire them because plebian crowds recognize their names
>>
>>81237287
You deserve a (you)
>>
The real reason is because they didn't have any cool, fast action scenes in the trailer. Nobody have a fuck about the geishas they plastered everywhere.
>>
>>81237287

Correct.
>>
>>81237469
The world is interesting. I watched in IMAX and the city was breathtaking. Visually it's on par with Speed Racer and Enter The Void.
>>
>>81237360
It's more than half. Learn basic math fucktard
>>
>>81237565
I thought the opposite. All the trailers told me was that Scarjo runs around shooting a gun while wearing a skin tight body suit.

Speaking of the body suit, that just looked very out of place to me. Yes, I am aware the animes had sex and nudity but from the commercials I saw Scarjo was in it 80% of the time. It just seemed lit it was blatant sex appeal and it clashed with the supposedly grounded sci-fi setting.
>>
>>81237720
Well that's supposed to be her naked robot body. She has Predator cloak so she abandons the clothes in some of the action scenes.
>>
>>81235638
just another example of why cartoons shouldnt be translated into live action
>>
>>81236577
The Matrix
>>
>>81237055
They should have gotten Tarantino to direct it t b h
>>
File: scarlett-johansson-gif-3.gif (1MB, 302x186px) Image search: [Google]
scarlett-johansson-gif-3.gif
1MB, 302x186px
I have not completely followed ghostintheshell threads, I wonder if the fags who said that Scarjo's Starpower would be the reason why this would be a $ 800 million movie have justified the flop.

time to come back crawling on all fours girl
>>
>>81237909
that's 3, gimme 2 more
>>
Literally every ad on Facebook had comments bitching about white washing

That's what killed it.

>Tfw redditor co-worker defended the movie and said I'm just a sad weeb who can't handle change
>>
Hollywood doesn't really trust anime story telling. So it has to throw in a cliche plot point. It's why it went from Major meeting this guy as a kid to they were a couple who were kidnapped.
>>
File: 1479336722594.png (624KB, 1024x554px) Image search: [Google]
1479336722594.png
624KB, 1024x554px
>>81236290
Akira is next!!
>>
>>81237955
why are you pretending to be me?
>>
>>81237853
I understand that, but it doesn't change the fact that, to me anyway, it looks like gratuitous sex appeal.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying movies can't have any sex appeal. But when a movie looks bland to begin with, it just makes the movie look even more shallow.
>>
This needed to have action scenes and visuals that rivaled The Matrix, instead we got a CSI episode with a neat cyberpunk skin.

When you want to make the next big franchise put a director who cares on the project and not the guy who made Snow White and the Hunstman.
>>
File: cymbal chan - hibike.webm (1006KB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
cymbal chan - hibike.webm
1006KB, 900x506px
ANIME IS SAVED

CELEBRATE

Hollywood's hand still burns and will never again touch anime.
>>
>>81237947
>I wonder if the fags who said that Scarjo's Starpower would be the reason why this would be a $ 800 million movie have justified the flop.

What? Almost everyone here was saying it would flop
>>
File: 1473399123167.jpg (42KB, 898x886px) Image search: [Google]
1473399123167.jpg
42KB, 898x886px
>>81237287
nice synopsis, can I copy it? You articulated the animosity better than many of us ever could
>>
>>81238023
>rivaled the Matrix
The Matrix already took most of GiTS' good scenes. The live action film simply didn't need to exist.

>>81237987
Fucking kikes
>>
>>81238037
>implying Hollywood executives will learn anything from this endeavor
>implying they won't just find another popular anime series to make another tentpole blockbuster flop
>>
it didn't look all that interesting but Im shocked that it flopped.
Seemed like the type of crap people usually eat up.

It doesn't look any worse than any CapeShit flick...if anything it seemed a bit more visually interesting.
>>
>>81237947

The studio saw that Lucy overperformed and that people really wanted a Black Widow movie so they thought Scarjo was popular enough.

It made sense on paper. Scarjo + recognizable sci-fi franchise.
>>
Why does Hollywood keep trying to make these movies? I just don't get it. What do they stand to gain? Is it that hard to just make an original cyberpunk movie with similar themes to this movie, and just call it something else? Maybe you wouldn't have to have pig in the blanket scarjo wear a shitty skintight suit as a result
>>
>>81238124
is GITS that recognizable though? It's a classic for anime fans, but do people in general know about it or care about it? No one in my circle of friends had heard about the original, let alone SAC
>>
>>81238132
Well if it kills it in Japan and China we'll see. I think this may be one of the few to be buoyed by great asia numbers.
>>
>>81238037
>every video game movie is a critical/financial flop
>they still keep trying
>>
>tfw live action cowboy Bebop movie will never happen

Thank fuck
>>
>>81238114
>It doesn't look any worse than any CapeShit flick...if anything it seemed a bit more visually interesting.
This, seriously.
>>
>>81238186
Warcraft was saved by China
>>
>>81238114
If it wasn't based on a relatively well known anime, normies probably would have eaten it up.

The problem is that it alienated the original fans because it deviated too much from the source material. It alienated normies because it's based on a Tibetan stop-motion claymation animation. It alienated critics who didn't give a shit about anime one way or another because it was a generic scifi action movie.

This movie didn't strike any core audience.
>>
>>81238186
the resident evil movies are total shlock but one would think they make money, right? why would they keep making sequels if they didnt?
>>
>>81238178
I'm not a weeb at all, the only anime ive seen is DBZ, and i've heard of GitS.

i'm a nerd posting on 4chan though, maybe the everyday normie has no idea what GitS is.
>>
>>81237287

This.

And I'm so glad it failed hard.
>>
File: 1432131711113.jpg (195KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1432131711113.jpg
195KB, 500x378px
>>81235638
>Why did it flop?

Hollywood takes something good then turns it into a crappy PG-13 flick for idiots.
>>
Pros:
-Movie looked nice
-setting is nice
-action was okay
-use of white actors for the cyborgs helped reinforce they are different

Cons:
-zero emotion
-plot was kind of weird and it felt unsure of what it wanted to do
-kept posing these philosophy questions and didn't really do anything with them
-not enough time to really bond with anyone
-could have selected better actors
>>
>>81238270
But the thing is, you've heard about it, but does that name recognition alone have any value? If you're more nerdy than the average person, and it doesn't dissuade you, then why the fuck would it matter to a normie that doesn't watch cartoons because they're for children
>>
File: chloe.jpg (40KB, 611x800px) Image search: [Google]
chloe.jpg
40KB, 611x800px
>>81235638
Should have cast someone that was fit enough to play the shell.
>>
>>81238178

It's a cult film for everyone who cares about Cyberpunk. It gets mentioned all the time in Cyberpunk books and games.

The thing is Cyberpunk kind of died out. Maybe it will change once CDProject releases that Cyberpunk 2077 game.
>>
File: re.png (108KB, 792x401px) Image search: [Google]
re.png
108KB, 792x401px
>>81238180
GITS will compete with Furious 8 in Asian though. Furious 7 made over 1bil outside the US.

>>81238226
RE budgets are pretty low and foreign loves them
>>
>>81238053
even here you can find anons saying it will make money, see>>81237295
>>81237117
>>81235841
>>
Saw it and thought it was pretty good.
>>
The champion of vidyakino flopped, the champion of animekino flopped.

Can capekino be stopped?
>>
>>81238429
Kino right?! Hurr durr kino! Muh kino! So kino! Kino kino kino! Duuuuuuuuuurrrrrr kino!!
>>
The original anime was one of the most overrated films ever made, and this movie has basically the same exact plot. So if this movie sucks then so did the original anime.
>>
>>81238326
i guess im the target audience since i read books like neuromancer and snowcrash, but the reviews killed any interest i had in seeing the movie.

i dont know why any normie will see some weird movie called ghost in the shell.
>>
I thought the movie was entertaining for it's lenght, sure it played it safe, but I liked that it didn't try to focus on too much stuff and too many characters like so many adaptations tend to do
compared to shit like dragon ball evolution it was great

some scenes felt like they were cut short though, the editing was definitly going for the 90 minutes mark
>>
>>81238132
Look at Blade Runner. Cyberpunk had been done before Blade Runner, but it wasn't just the setting that set Blade Runner apart. What put it above the pack was that it was a noire film. Noire is a natural choice for any "punk" setting because its slow pace means there is plenty of opportunity to flesh out the world. Instead of focusing on the action and the rapid progression of the story, there is more time to explore and appreciate the aspects that make the world interesting and memorable.

Being a noire style film set Blade Runner apart, not its setting. The issue is that making noire style movies, or hell, any kind of movie that deviates from the accepted modern norm, is a risky investment. With movie production becoming so ungodly expensive (no thanks to casting Scarjo the Walking Refrigerator) producers are rightfully unwilling to stray too far from safe waters so to speak. So rather than take the time to make a good "punk" movie, they just take flicks and paint them with a fresh coat of dystopia because it's usually a safer bet.

GiTSs problem was that it was too anime for the normies, and too normie for the critics and fans.
>>
>>81238501
the plot is even remotely similar to the original
>>
>>81238501
They have completely different plots, stop shitposting.
>>
File: upset anime girl.jpg (105KB, 498x450px) Image search: [Google]
upset anime girl.jpg
105KB, 498x450px
SAVE ANIME

FIND ALL ANIME LIVE ACTION ADAPTION SCRIPTS IN HOLLYWOOD

BURN THEM

DELETE THEM

WE WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT
>>
>>81235638
>normies don't know or care for the anime
>fans of the original didn't even want it to happen
>scarjo doesn't have as much pull as an action heroine as they thought she did
china will save it I guess
>>
>>81238067
Feel free.
>>
>>81236859
This movie was always destined to fail because its source material is a third-rate Blade Runner knockoff for weebs. Why watch it when you can just watch Blade Runner or wait for the Blade Runner reboot?
>>
File: 1475477142573.gif (959KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1475477142573.gif
959KB, 400x225px
>>81238132
>>81238368
>>81238763
>cyberpunk
there's that word again
>>
>>81236743
Someone didn't watch the movie.
>>
>>81239040
>Implying the Blade Runner reboot will be any different from GiTS

>>81239076
Well what would you call it?
>>
>>81238368
Problem is, the classic Cyberpunk scenario is getting rapidly closed in on by the world we live in. It doesn't feel SciFi enough. The themes it deals with are too close to whatever bullshit is on the news and people want to escape from that, not get more.
>>
File: tropic thunder.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
tropic thunder.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>81235638
They accidentally adapted the fake script outline from Tropic Thunder thinking it was a real drama.
>>
>>81237207
>fans of the original were disgusted by the trouncing of the source material
They didn't trounce it too bad, little babies will eventually watch it and find out it is actually a good movie.
>>
>>81239040
Because Blade Runner's plot is even remotely related to its setting, its just a noire film but the cars are substituted with flying cars and the villain is substituted with an android.
>>
>>81237955
Aeon flux
Ultra violett
>>
>>81239139
This.

Cyberpunk is simply becoming an aesthetic choice, since we already practically live in it.
>>
>>81235638
Because ScarJo is a Hillary supporter.
>>
>>81238368
>cyberpunk
>died out

Nigger are you serious? Cyberpunk has been making a comeback for the last few years now. We got total recall and robocop remakes and a new terminator that granted were shitty as fuck but still. I mean Christ, this year alone we get ghost in the shell, a new alien movie and a sequel to fucking blade runner. Fucking BLADE RUNNER dude. Not to mention the news of a matrix reboot or prequel or whatever. Cyberpunk is very much in the zeitgeist right now.
>>
>>81235638
I liked it, I havn't seen the original movie in years
>>
>>81236136
This.

I like Ghost in the Shell but if it has to be scarified so Hollywood fucks off, I'll take that trade.

One can only hope the horrid Akira movie never sees the light of day because of this.
>>
Anime fans didn't want to see it because it'd be too different than the original.

Normal people didn't want to see it because they're not familiar with the original and it didn't look that appealing in the trailers.
>>
>>81238797
>completely different
I wouldn't go that far...
>>
>>81239352
If they can't figure out how to tell stories that are not
>muh corrupt government
>muh evil corporations
>muh androids with souls
then all of that shit will crash and burn.
>>
>>81236682
>popular anime

GitS isn't popular. It's a landmark manga in terms of the ideas portrayed, but it's very niche regardless.

Thinking GitS is popular is like looking at the mecha genre and choosing Patlabor out of the gate instead of Gundam.
>>
>>81238186
>every video game movie is a critical/financial flop
Resident Evil first one is now viewed as a decent movie.

All of them have made tons of money.
>>
>>81239555
The Resident Evil film series fills a hole for those that like a very specific form of cinematic trash. When the old Mortal Kombat movie is your benchmark for quality, the less said the better. Mortal Kombat is at least watchable drek, that's as far as the bar has gone.
>>
>>81235638
A shame because it's the best anime based film ever made. So many source material references
>>
>>81235938
this. I want to the hook-nosed whore to leave

But let's face it, she's has been the main Jewess for a while and will continue to be
>>
File: 125213632348.png (167KB, 581x592px) Image search: [Google]
125213632348.png
167KB, 581x592px
>>81239937
>hook-nosed
>>
>>81238021
in the original film, one of the themes is the major is careless with her physical body, exposing it or pushing it beyond it's limit (diving, the tank scene) etc. In the diving scene Batou is visibly embarrassed at seeing her naked and turns away, but the major doesn't seem to notice. It's a subtle part of her character.
>>
>>81239840
What's the point of referencing the source material without actually following it? It's anachronistic in concept and adds insult to injury to old fans.

This movie had the same mistakes Conan the Barbarian 2011 made, almost down to the letter. Constant poking at the previous iterations but never actually doing anything with what people liked about them.
>>
>>81239989
Are you wanting a shot for shot remake of a SAC story? No you do not
>>
>>81239989
reminds me of the force awakens and rogue one desu senpai
>>
File: 1489890480489.jpg (116KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489890480489.jpg
116KB, 640x480px
>>81236661
That's nonsense. Women have certain disadvantages in muscle development yes, the have higher body fat ratio and their muscle tissue binds more water, but that is not so significant as to actually hinder them from getting fit with about the same work load men have to take to achieve an equally attractive physique.
>>
>>81239485

Those themes a pretty much hallmarks for the genre though.

That's like saying if fantasy films can't come up with a story that isn't
>muh ancient evil
>muh rightful heir to the throne/chosen one
>muh magic
That it's going to crash and burn
>>
File: Arise-Ghost-in-the-Shell.jpg (430KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Arise-Ghost-in-the-Shell.jpg
430KB, 1920x1080px
>Best Major
>Best costume
>Best pacing
When will the weebs accept that Arise is the best?
>>
>>81237295
Plus the costs of marketing and distribution and minus the cut theaters take, retard.
>>
File: 1491227233642.png (471KB, 861x451px) Image search: [Google]
1491227233642.png
471KB, 861x451px
>>81239485
>>
>>81235638
>$40.1 million in other territories
This is pretty good for an anime
>>
File: IMG_1477.png (616KB, 614x614px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1477.png
616KB, 614x614px
>>81235638
Female lead.
>>
File: Ironic.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ironic.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>SJW's criticize the movie for taking a Japanese character and whitewashing her by Hollywood
>The movie's plot is about a corporation who takes a Japanese woman and whitewashes her by putting her brain inside a white body
The fucking irony
>>
>>81239988
>It's a subtle part of her character.

Subtle but not exactly subtle when the character's struggling indifference to being human is referenced in the actual goddamn title of the property. The Major thinks of herself as a ghost, she's a full body prosthetic and has been one for so long, human values are sometimes lost on her. That's the importance of all the less less cybernetic people around her, they, especially Batou keep her human.

The old movie portrayed this as the Major being apathetic to her own body and SAC did this by dropping hints that the Major doesn't even consider herself a woman anymore and only uses female body for her own sense of who she used to be. And in the old manga she has several bodies and switches into them as the need arises, not giving a single shit about her physical form in favor of her net avatar.
>>
>>81239982
He's wearing the /pol/ equivalent of problem glasses.
>>
>>81240137
Except the casting was supposed to make it bankable in AMERICA, which is still the only market that truly matters. Unless you want to give more box office influence over Hollywood to China.
>>
>>81240221
Well no one ever said Hollywood was all that self-aware.
>>
>>81240221
do you know what whitewashing means, friend?
>>
Scarlett Johansen as a lead

guys prob feel like perverts going to see this movie. we live in a society full of females that make their boyfriends feel bad for watching porn and movies with girls. the outfit was prob enough to send ugly whores into a frenzy and tell their faggot boyfriends to not go see it. fatneck beards have no friends so they also did not see it because they would look like sick fucks if they went in alone. that means most of this board didn't put any money into this board despite talking a lot of shit. they secretly wanted to see it but can't for said purposes

lol
>>
>>81240013
>Are you wanting a shot for shot remake of a SAC story? No you do not

I want Conan 1982, a story that is every bit the essence of the source material but different enough to be its own thing. Thulsa Doom was never a Conan villain, but look what that movie did. That's what SAC was in regard to the GitS manga. SAC and the original GitS manga have very little in common but SAC is respected by fans because it still retained what was important and even improved on it in places,
>>
>>81235638
>$110 million
What the FUCK are these companies thinking? The age of an actor/actress selling any movie due to their name alone has been over for yearssssss. Add that to this being a sci-fi movie (already tough sale for general audiences) based on a Japanese anime and you aren't going to do well most likely.
>>
>>81239190
They had nothing at all to say with this movie
They artlessly mimicked several scenes from earlier films and dumbed down the philosophy in exchange for revenge
>>
>>81235638
I adore that this bombed. Now the idea of a Black Widow Marvel movie is flat on its ass and the universe is better off because of it. Thank you Ghost in the Shell.
>>
File: 1488947765267.jpg (926KB, 1920x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1488947765267.jpg
926KB, 1920x1040px
This movie isnt even bad. Fans of the series will appreciate all the refrences and they did an okay job of recreating some of the iconic scenes in live action format.

Its not perfect at all, it feels more like a hollywood homage to the series. It feels like Ghost in the Shell in hollywood, not futuristic Japan if that makes any sense. its not amazing or anything but its not the terrible piece of garbage people have made it out to be. its an acceptable adaptation that has some elements that are better and some that are worse. yes the plot and symbolism is dumbed down a shitload and that sucks, but was it not cool to see so many of the iconic scenes recreated? I think it was.

yeah it was annoying to look at scarjo's face after a while and it might have been more compelling with a different actress too. but can we stop acting like its an irredeemable piece of garbage?
>>
>>81237360
I want to fuck a Nonon!
>>
>>81239840
>the best anime based film ever made
>So many source material references
which they couldn't even understand, like the bed
>>
Scarjo is pretty famous but star power doesn't equal box office like it used to. Also no one has heard of a japanese cartoon that came out 20 years ago so it had no brand recognition, and the reviews weren't that good.
>>
>>81237207
>RoboCop

Which managed to be the deeper film, despite GitS's original depth that got tossed out here
>>
>>81235638
Poor advertising and trying to walk a line between being creative whilst retaining mass market appeal.

Gotta be safe and keep everything as close to a PG as possibly so it ca be seen by every
>>
>>81240773
>Scarjo is pretty famous but star power doesn't equal box office
they pick her ´coz Lucy did ok (Box office$463.4 million) but they fuck it since this movie dont resemble Lucy (or ghost in the shell) at all.
>>
>>81238370
>release date January 27,2017

I literally had no clue a resident movie just came out.
>>
"yeah i gotta go see that movie, it has scarjo in it"

said no one ever not even women and kids
>>
>>81237349
She ain't named Motoko you halfwit
>>
>>81240644
>Fans of the series will appreciate all the references

I want this fallacy to end, just because you reference something doesn't mean fans give you a free pass to fuck it over. Placid fanbases ended with the Internet. Now fans are often the first ones to shit on something for its "references" and they are right to do that.
>>
>Normalfags don't even what a Ghost in the Shell is supossed to be
>Weebs obviously don't want to see it
>Only people left are some curious GITS fans and the 5 persons who want to see Scarjo
>>
>>81238186
But RE movies actually did well, there's a reason for why they made so many of those
>>
>>81235638
Weebs got butthurt and made a big fuss because someone took their favorite toy without asking
People made the whole whitewashing thing into a big deal for literally no reason, as though having Scarlet Johanson be asian would have changed the entire movie. They even wrote a plot point about her being white
>>
>>81240644
>This movie isnt even bad.
Stopped right there. This movie was complete trash.
>>
>>81240057
No, you're not getting me. Corrupt governments and evil corporations are already running this dirtball. That is the kind of stuf people are exposed to anyway.
And androids with souls stories require too much thinking. People don't want to think. They want the next Transformers or fast and furious.
Fantasy is still different enough from daily life and simple enough to provide easy escapism.
>>
File: 1467068082669.gif (4MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1467068082669.gif
4MB, 200x200px
>>81240644
I'm a huge fan since the first movie, which was one of the first animes I watched in the 90s.

Its garbage because butterface, the horrible cgi, hollywood, not japan, dumbing down, etc.

Only a hipster could find something redeemable in this steaming pile of shit. I'd say -> reddit, but you are probably better off on a facebook group or something.
>>
>>81235638
Shitty characters with no personality. Seriously, they had like no charisma whatsoever. It reminded me of the shitty Matrix sequels.

The action and settings are great though.
>>
>>81235638
why?

shit anmui that is why weeb faggot.
>>
>>81236290
I don't understand this mentality that having a movie made about something ruin it, it's not like the GitS costs you anything whatsoever, or even damages the brand you seem to care about so much. Dragonball Evolution was a piece of shit, but that came and went and no one gave a fuck, and now we're all able to look back at it as a weird oddity. It didn't ruin Dragonball, this movie didn't ruin GitS, the Netflix movie won't ruin Death Note, and any other adaptation won't ruin whatever already exists
>>
>>81235938
Yep. Another talentless child actor who only got roles because of being a jew.
>>
>>81236859
What made it do well was the fact that teenage boys love cyberpunk, guns and attractive women, and you're a fool if you think GitS owes it's initial success to anything else
>>
>>81235841
It made 50 million total opening weekend

by next week it's going to drop by at least 50% (10 million domestic, 25 int), and will continue to drop each succeeding week
>>
>>81241854
>The world cannot have a mental capacity beyond my own!

How precious.
>>
>>81239040
>the Blade Runner reboot
This is almost certainly going to be even worse than GitS
>>
The CGI here was fantastic
>>
File: 0125236532467.png (477KB, 1064x574px) Image search: [Google]
0125236532467.png
477KB, 1064x574px
>"I am Major and I give my consent to these dubs"
>>
>>81237287
Oh fuck, yours are a good post.
>>
>>81241888
It hasn't open in China and Japan yet
>>
>Poor director
>PG
>Anime from the 90's does not capture the same audience as current anime crowd.
90's anime female roles were strong and equal to the men.
Anime female roles in today's market are to serve the doofus main character.
>>
>>81238186
Warcraft made a shitload of money.
>>
>>81239190
>They didn't trounce it too bad
it is literally the complete opposite of the GitS philosophy
>>
>>81236064

Saw it and thought it was fucking awesome. And had no problem with Scarjo.
>>
Fattu piggu
>>
File: angry-512.png (16KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
angry-512.png
16KB, 512x512px
>Why did it flop?

Because it's western fucking cinema buddy, they fuck every fucking thing up I wish hollywood execs would fucking kill themselves so badly

hope they get jew cancer
>>
>>81242400
yeah everyone I know who saw it said it was really good. I was gonna skip it but now I kinda want to see it.
>>
>>81235841
Only titanic
>>
>>81242643
I definitely recommend it. I also don't usually like it at all, but if you can, see this in 3D. It really impresses the scale of the scenes and accentuates the cinematography.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 500x500px
>>81236191
Forgot pic.
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 1000x619px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 1000x619px
GITS should have:
>Cast an unknow actress, better if asian
>Smaller budget
>Filmed in Japan
>More autentic to the original
>Had a much better director

Thanks 4 ruining the reputation of anime adaptations for everyone, assholes
>>
File: image.jpg (613KB, 1920x946px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
613KB, 1920x946px
>>81238312
Thematically it seemed unsure of itself. The movie itself may be great I don't know, but I won't forget the lines in that terrible trailer.
>>
File: download (5).jpg (1MB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
1MB, 1536x2048px
>>81242516
This is the best adaptation Ghost in the Shell could ever be. Stay mad weeb
>>
>>81242886
Yeah ! Thanks for keeping the shitters out from milk anime like they did with comics.
>>
>>81240644
This, it was a decent flick. I feel like everyone on this board went in with intention of hating which is retarded.
>>
File: cyb1.jpg (86KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cyb1.jpg
86KB, 1280x720px
>>81242886
>movie would have been better if an Asian actress was cast
NO!

For the last time Major is white in the 1995 movie!
>>
>>81242982
people can't just enjoy movies anymore. They have to be critical of everything
>>
>>81243021

w2c Major's jacket?
>>
>>81243021
That doesn't even look human, let alone white.

I get that was your point though so gg.
>>
>>81242935
There are tons of series that could be great as movies, pretty much any scifi anime set ib space or any fantasy series se in Not-Europe. Just stay the hell away from anything that screams Japan, like Gits or Akira
>>
>>81243021
>>81242886
>movie would have been better if an actress was cast
fixed
>>
File: j6uijvykclw4cieuqbgy.png (574KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
j6uijvykclw4cieuqbgy.png
574KB, 800x450px
Every time I browse google looking at content from the Ghost in the Shell movie, this Asian keeps popping up... do people seriously think she would have been a great casting choice for Major?

No way at all
>>
>>81241028
Actually, yes, yes she is. It's a twist ending, but apparently you haven't seen the movie to know that.
>>
>>81243054
It's disappointing because the original movie was excellent and this was a mediocre flick that fell far short of its potential
>>
>>81235638

it isnt "whitewashing"

scarjo is a horrible motoko

also

>live action anime

LMAO
>>
File: tumblr_o15d8nlnaj1tjgsdso3_1280.jpg (90KB, 640x888px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o15d8nlnaj1tjgsdso3_1280.jpg
90KB, 640x888px
So what everybody here is saying is that scarlo is ugly and NOBODY here would fuck her, not even if she was cosplaying as the fucking MAJOR?

?
>>
>>81243021
"Sure" bud now post the caucasian characters from the same movie to see how the compare to the Major
>>
File: 012526347.png (860KB, 989x544px) Image search: [Google]
012526347.png
860KB, 989x544px
>>81243143
Scarjo was perfectly cast
>>
>>81243143
Scarjo is hot but in a thicc kind of way not a hot skinny kind of way.
>>
File: a9Y8P2m_700b.jpg (23KB, 700x373px) Image search: [Google]
a9Y8P2m_700b.jpg
23KB, 700x373px
Asking here because I don't know where else to ask: I'm confused about the goggles/mask. What do they help her see? What do they do better than her fancy cyborg eyes?
>>
>>81235638
They made a movie on an IP that only weebs know about.
And the weebs hated the movie been made with passion.

That's practically the issue with every anime adaption.
>>
>>81243231

>major "eating addiction" motoko kusanagi
>>
>>81243200
Batou has always been white
>>
>>81243097
True patricians wanted it to be Karen "Katana" Fukuhara.
>>
>>81243231
Ghost in the Shell?! More like Taco in the Bell!!!
>>
File: Great Wall.jpg (27KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Great Wall.jpg
27KB, 460x276px
>>81235638
They thought westerners would only watch a film if it starred white people.
>>
>>81243285
She can play Major when Scarjo's body is destroyed in the sequel
>>
can we all be grateful that evangelion will never be ruined via live action?
>>
File: iw5thdtazzyx8svhmjjw.jpg (36KB, 800x296px) Image search: [Google]
iw5thdtazzyx8svhmjjw.jpg
36KB, 800x296px
>sjw lose their minds over whitewashing
>meanwhile, Ishikawa and Borma are played by black actors and don't even remotely look like their characters (whereas Scarjo is set-recognizable if you squint)
>>
>>81243285
Problem is Karen is too cute. The role requires lack of emotion and no director would dare to ask her to not smile
>>
>>81243253
I think it's part of her invisibility cloak

Although even in the anime they never covered her hair
>>
File: image.jpg (231KB, 1000x641px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
231KB, 1000x641px
Perfect Asian bodies here. Damn, I am diamonds.
>>
>>81243231
She looks good.
>>
>>81235638

>adaptation of an manga/anime that's densely philosophical and not terribly normie friendly
>botched adaptation with scarjo doesn't appeal to fans of the series

gee i wonder
>>
File: 13542550198.jpg (135KB, 671x579px) Image search: [Google]
13542550198.jpg
135KB, 671x579px
>>81243430
Anything is better than the alternative.
>>
>>81243114
>the original movie was excellent
Yeah, no, it wasn't at all. It was a very fucking simple cybergenetics story covered in a political drama plot. You could cut little to nothing from the original and make it into a decent 45 minute episode of some future cop series, let's not go crazy and try to see depth in something that didn't have a lot of it.
>>
>>81235638
Nobody ever cared about Ghost in the Shell. It was a shitty anime and I'm sure it made a shitty live action movie as well.

Anime is for nerds and belongs in basements.
>>
>>81235638
>Why did it flopped ?

because people aren't stupid and will prefer watching the original ones or a better film inspired by ghost in the shell (Matrix for starters) rather than this half assed "Shell without a ghost"
>>
>>81243430
Hmm she does look the same in all 4 pictures, maybe its not shopped
>>
>>81243552
Its better than Blade Runner
>>
Do you guys really think a different actress would have made this movie a little more enjoyable or successful?
>>
>>81243789
no, but an actually physically fit actress wouldn't have hurt
>>
>>81240644
>Fans of the series will appreciate all the refrences
NO YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT, FANS HATE REFERENCES. FANS THE ONLY THING THEY WANT IS A WELL TOLD STORY NOT YOUR DUMB REDDIT REFERENCES YOU GAY ASS FAGGOT GO AWAY.
>>
File: 0hqMANs1qfaa86o1_400.gif (150KB, 261x239px) Image search: [Google]
0hqMANs1qfaa86o1_400.gif
150KB, 261x239px
>>81235638

Question here just to know : Who is unironically happy that this movie flopped ?
>>
>>81235638
it was shit
>>
Scarlos not that fat, come on now, that's just fucked up. What if she was reading this thread right now and crying?

I mean shit, she probably played the major because she thought it would be cool and stuff, she probably thought you guys would appreciate her and her efforts into playing the fucking major.

That's just mean. that's just like totally being fucking rude and mean to the cute girl that had a crush on you because your friends made fun of you for her having a crush on you, then later in life you think to yourself "Damn, we could've been married with kids".

She has access to the internet too, you know.
>>
>>81242090
looks super shitty.

art and character design looks horrid.
>>
>>81235638
They could have worked around the white washing by adding social commentary on the fact that they put a Japanese womens brain in a white womens body.
>>
>>81238186
resident evil movies make money, that's why there are a hundred around and they will keep making more in the future. They are cheap and for that reason the make a quick buck.
The other two are fucking dead.
>>
>>81244052
t. Scarlett Johannson
>>
>>81243999

me

now they understand we want animated GITS not this shit.

3rd gig when?
>>
>>81235638
The problem was that they isolated their hardcore fans and tried to appeal to normies even though normies don't give a shit about anime adaptations. That, plus the "whitewashing" pretty much ruined their chance for mainstream success because of all the bad press.
>>
>>81240644

>Fans of the series will appreciate all the references

Fuck you and please go kill yourself
>>
>>81244158
I don't get what they're buttmad about. Its the future where you can literally be a man in a woman's body, or a "Japanese woman" in a white woman's body. It should be the goddamn sjw dream
>>
>>81242982
im pretty anti /tv/ but this movie was bad. you wouldnt miss anything by skipping it. thats considered bad unless you have pleb taste
>>
>>81235938
I hope too, she's disgusting.
>>
There a decent camrip of this movie? There's no way in hell I am paying to watch it.
>>
>>81244179
RE movies have reasonable budget, they dont cost half a fucking billion, also for whatever reason women love them
>>
>>81244319
It's a halfway decent cyberpunk movie, that's a rarity these days
>>
>>81244375
>camrip
this triggers me
when I dont want to see a movie in theaters I wait for the bluray or a webrip. Even those shitty korean leaks with hard subs are a subhuman way to experience a movie.
>>
>>81244575
good 4u
>>
Should I go watch GitS or Free Fire tomorrow?
>>
>>81242090
>The CGI here was fantastic
>blurry shit
that's the opposite of fantastic
>>
File: 1489162517139.jpg (97KB, 911x678px) Image search: [Google]
1489162517139.jpg
97KB, 911x678px
>>81242221
>implying there is an interest in seeing a Hollywood-butchered Robocop remake disguised as an animu adaptation featuring some honkey as the main actor in China
Especially considering how big Fast & Furious is in China and how the next one is coming out soon...
Yeah naw, Flop in a Shell is going to make a few million in China, 20 mil tops. And when Hollywood puts 150 million shekels (remember to add for marketing) into something and at best get 100-150 mil at best, you better believe this is another Shoah, financially speaking.
>>
>>81242934
>they had to photoshop her disgusting gut
>>
>>81239251
That's why David Fincher films are so good. They take into consideration the fact that we are living in a cyberpunk world right now without making that the main focus.
>>
>>81243097
ugly as sin
alien face
>>
>>81244809
Stay at home and pirate both
>>
File: 1462968706807.gif (3MB, 640x266px) Image search: [Google]
1462968706807.gif
3MB, 640x266px
>mfw somwone I know tries to convince me that the new GitS is better than the original
>Also a self proclaimed "professional" film critic

How do people like this exist?
>>
File: OOGMYMx.gif (1MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
OOGMYMx.gif
1MB, 480x270px
>>81240644
>Fans of the series will appreciate all the refrences

You think you could pull that off just because it worked so well with Star Wars episode 7?
>>
>>81235638
jesus, that's almost as bad as Ghostbusters
>>
File: GitS 1995.jpg (696KB, 1856x1488px) Image search: [Google]
GitS 1995.jpg
696KB, 1856x1488px
>>81245382
>Also a self proclaimed "professional" film critic

Point out that the original movie adaptation won high praise from critics even though it was an animated import aimed at adults and see if this faggot does one of two things: goes on to bash said critics of the time smugly or genuflects to their tastes.

Either way find better, less vapid friends.
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 294x172px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 294x172px
>>81243021
>For the last time Major is white in the 1995 movie!
she looks as white as Chun lee in Street Fighter 2 (1994)
>>
>>81235841
Ghostbusters 2017 grossed $46 million in its opening weekend, and it still went on to flop.
>>
>>81245636
They lost $70 mil
But women are funny right? Get over it
>>
So I just saw this movie.

I actually thought it wasn't actually that bad. it isn't anything actually like 1995 Ghost in the Shell at all beyond setpieces, in reality, thematically it comes off way closer to Arise than anything (and does a better job that Arise does).

There are bizarre decisions though. Not using the original GITS shelling music during the shelling sequence, but replacing it was basically non-music was a bizarre fucking decision and that scene had no power behind it at all because of the poor music used. The thing is, that scene was literally filmed with Kenji Kawai's music in mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5amv-vqUFo
Video related.

So why in fuck did they change the music from these press screenings, to the release?

Another thing is the last act is a bit weird. The entire team gets together... and you don't see them do anything, it just cuts to Beat Takeshi walking into the CEO's office and Beat Takeshing the fuck out of him. You would think there was a scene where they would fight through the building to get to the CEO.. but no?

It's a decent standalone cyberpunk movie. I would give it a 5/10 (where say capeshit gets like a 3/10) but it really is a case of missed opportunity.

Also the white washing shit. I had no problem with it because she's a robot. but the really fucking awkward way it's played in the movie... ehhh
>>
>>81245948
What music do they actually use in the shelling sequence then?

"Beat Takeshing the fuck out of him" kek
>>
>>81246005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkaJ306bAeQ

This music here was the one used in the shelling sequence.
>>
All they had to do to make a hit
>Cast an actress over 5'6"
>Cast an actress who looks like they have actually been on a treadmill or lifted something in the past 5 years
>Cast an actress that isn't aging like milk
>Cast an actress that isn't from the tribe
>Cast an actress that can convincingly do action scenes
Sorry, maybe next time!
>>
Should have given it to the Wachowski and you'll get a real movie about Transhumanism.
>>
File: 1488767744176.jpg (96KB, 473x357px) Image search: [Google]
1488767744176.jpg
96KB, 473x357px
>>81246107
>literally Deus Ex: Human Revolution

why
>>
>>81237287
#Badproducers
>>
>>81235938
Nah shes in avengers so she is good to go for another 5-10 years tbqh.
>>
>>81235638
Its name reminds me too much of BOY IN THE WALL.
>>
>>81246158
There is a bathroom scene in this movie where Batou is pissing and some girl comes up to him and she starts pissing because it turns out she is a tranny
>>
>>81246229
She'll probably get pushed to the sidelines even more after the Captain Marvel movie.
>>
>>81246295
please be kidding
>>
File: Alitas.jpg (117KB, 869x960px) Image search: [Google]
Alitas.jpg
117KB, 869x960px
>James Cameron still wants to make a Battle Angel Alita movie

plz no
>>
>>81246302
I hope so, but it looks like she will be relevant as long as the hulk is relevant since they pushed that love angle between them.
>>
No one wants to see a toned-down American remake of a Japanese classic
>>
>>81246478
it's already in post-production.
>>
>>81242090

The way segments get pulled off of their heads makes so little sense design wise it was offensively stupid. They put no thought into mechanical design, and just went with what would look neat, causing it to look like shit.
>>
File: enab.jpg (41KB, 569x802px) Image search: [Google]
enab.jpg
41KB, 569x802px
>>81238186
The video game movies that have the -potential- to be really good are the ones that get stuck in development hell, get canceled etc.

An example is Gore Verbinski's Bioshock movie; would have been violent and disturbing with both the horror elements and the political/philosphical etc themes from the games.

Couldn't get made, it needed to be R-rated, and studio wouldn't approve the budget needed.

On the flipside of that, I have no idea why Assassin's Creed ever needed a movie adaptation, or how you could possibly make a good one.
>>
>>81246478
Robert Rodriguez is directing and they already casted Rosa Salazar as Alita
>>
>>81244961
>They take into consideration the fact that we are living in a cyberpunk world right now without making that the main focus.
Every one of his films is set in the modern age, you autist
>>
>>81246639
I get it, you dont like this movie, its fine. But now youre just talking out of your ass, go google Weta Workshop for a bit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KosBvDyWgnA
>>
Why would China and Japan rescue this shit? They've much broader and deeper exposure to the source material, if anything they''ll be more antagonized by the complete lack of depth.
Is there any merit to this or pure bargaining?
>>
File: tachikoma.png (351KB, 610x422px) Image search: [Google]
tachikoma.png
351KB, 610x422px
>>81235638
no tachikomas
>>
>>81235938
I only want to see her in Coen Bros. flicks from now on
>>
>>81238370
It would be interesting if it does well in Chine since the movie is set in Japan and Hong Kong. Ghost might even scare them away.
>>
>>81247004
>if anything they''ll be more antagonized by the complete lack of depth
>the people that love films such as warcraft, transformers, fast and furious and the resident evil movies
yeah, nah
>>
>>81240221
also, do you know what irony means, retard?
>>
>>81240221
>You realize the movie is about modern day Hollywood in a cyberpunk setting.

so deep.
>>
>>81246478
Another PG13 movie coming
>>
>>81246229

You can safely bank on her being one of the fatalities of IW.
>>
File: laughing gents.gif (2MB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
laughing gents.gif
2MB, 500x200px
I am going to see it with a friend who has a boner for scarjo. He is paying so eh why not?
>>
>>81246639
>The way segments get pulled off of their heads makes so little sense design wise it was offensively stupid. They put no thought into mechanical design, and just went with what would look neat, causing it to look like shit.

What segments come off and on literally changes all the time in Shirow's art/covers.
>>
>>81248242
enjoy the futurisic visuals and cyberpunk aesthetics. Also based Batou
>>
>>81246107
no its not
>>
They should have cast Tom Cruise as the Major.
>>
>>81235638
Never trust anime "fans"

Fucking autists don't know a good movie when it's right in front of them
>>
File: glLHHLw.gif (2MB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
glLHHLw.gif
2MB, 500x349px
>>81248452
>>
Really only thing they did wrong was not make it rated R

When are studios going to fucking learn already it's 2017 now and we're still explaining this??
>>
>>81248242
Only remember him every five minutes that is not really her
>>
>>81243231
That looks like a barrel. Major is obvious hourglass.
>>
>>81243231
This doesn't look like an action hero.

Also it was released with a 3D option, that's a negative now days
>>
how do you go from this

to this >>81248820
>>
>>81241845
Lost in Translation and Under the Skin were ScarJoKino
>>
>>81235638
lets be real, it's because of the whitewashing
>>
>>81242783
>see this in 3D.
This alone should tell you how much of a terrible flick it is if you need to rely on a gimmick to make the movie worthwhile.
>>
>>81235638

Because they dumbed it down too much and the word spread quickly. Also, Scar-jo is politically biased and far past her prime. People don't want to see her run and kick ass anymore. You can tell she had babies, its not sexy at all.
>>
>>81243231
I'm not a fan of ScarJo, and I haven't seen the movie, but I don't know why homosexuals hate her being cast.
>>
is it yet to release globally on 7th april?
>>
File: anderson.jpg (91KB, 500x702px) Image search: [Google]
anderson.jpg
91KB, 500x702px
>>81248887
I wonder how Thirlby would look in the nude suit. She even had the hair in Dredd.
>>
>>81249171
Not a role she's suited for. Simple as that.
>>
File: BBC.jpg (289KB, 2000x1518px) Image search: [Google]
BBC.jpg
289KB, 2000x1518px
jesus christ, just hire japs already for anime kino
>>
>>81241791
Anime isn't for normies, it's ours and Japan's. They can go ruin comic book some more and watch other "geeky" shows.
>>
>>81249147
I saw it on 2D and thought it was fine
>>
>>81235638

That's more than Dragon Ball.

Not bad from a no-name franchise.
>>
How's Beat Takeshi in the movie? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>81249325
Then why would someone need to suggest seeing it in gimmick and then go on to say the gimmick enhances the experience? Gimmicks do nothing but cover up flaws.
>>
>>81249359
Pretty forgettable. Waste of talent
>>
File: scarlett-johansson-gif-4gif.gif (989KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
scarlett-johansson-gif-4gif.gif
989KB, 450x299px
YOU SPREG FUCKSTICKS ACT LIKE THE ORIGINAL MANGA WAS SOME PROFOUND LITERATURE ON A.I.!!! GET FUCKED!!! IT WAS CLOSER TO CUTIE HONEY FER FUCK SAKES!!! OSHII WAS THE ONE WHO BOLTED THE PHILOSOPHY AND EXISTENTIALISM TO HIS MOVIES AND ALTHOUGH I DO LOVE THEM, THERE'S NO FUCKING WAY ANYONE IS GOING TO SPEND THE MONEY NEEDED TO VISUALIZE GITS AND GIVE IT THE SORT OF MOOD AND PACING OF EX-MACHINA AND UNDER THE SKIN!!!

WAS THE MOVIE GREAT?!? NO, BUT IT WAS GOOD AND COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER WITH A BIT OF A RE-WRITE, AN R-RATING AND LOTS OF NUDITY AND GORE!!!

I'M DISAPPOINTED THAT THE MOVIE IS TANKING AND WE WONT GET A SEQUEL WITHOUT THE ORIGIN BULLSHIT AND GET DOWN TO A MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE CYBER-THRILLER!!!FACT!!!
>>
>>81243356
She's not recognizable as the major at all. Major has streamlined features, scarjo has piggish features
>>
>>81249359
Good presence and mostly done subtlely but like most of Section 9 (with exception of Batou) he doesn't play a large role.

He does personally ice the villain of the movie, albeit on the Major's word.
>>
>>81249499
Go watch mission impossible then cunt-boy.
>>
>>81243356

Ishikawa looks fine and Borma in the movie looks a lot more like he's supposed to. I'm not even sure the person in that picture is the one in the movie.
>>
>>81249478
FUCK Guess I'm gonna watch Outrage again I guess.
>>
>>81249359
Good but not much screentime
>>
>>81235686
Fpbp
>>
I have an irrational hatred of weebs.
>>
File: tmp_9877-Stantz_01771734832.jpg (101KB, 471x326px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_9877-Stantz_01771734832.jpg
101KB, 471x326px
>>81240644
>>81237287
I got high on edibles and saw it in 3D.
I like what these two posters had to say.
Ghost in the Shell was my first 'current' anime VHS purchase back when it was released.
Saw it despite the initial poor reviews simply because the trailers lead me to believe they were recreating some key sequences from the anime.
They did, and it was alright. They totally missed the mark on what gave the source material substance, but not bad for what it is.
I hope you all soon find yourselves having a good time at the movies, regardless of what gets posted on the internet about what you go to see.
>>
>>81238186

Every single resident Evil movie is a blockbuster hit, I don't know what you're smoking.

Pretty sure the Chinese audience made the WoW movie a profit.
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.