[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ghost in the Shell bombs at the box office

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 360
Thread images: 43

File: IMG_0625.jpg (162KB, 750x1044px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0625.jpg
162KB, 750x1044px
>Is a Disappointing Ghost in the Shell the Nail in the Coffin of Hollywood Whitewas

>It’s become increasingly impossible to ignore general social pushback when it comes to Asian representation in film and television. Whether it’s cut-and-dried whitewashing (e.g., casting a white performer in an Asian role) or slightly more complex cases of cultural appropriation, the hue and cry from progressive voices in film and TV criticism has called for an end to white leads in Asian and Asian-inspired properties.

>According to Box Office Mojo, in its first weekend, Ghost in the Shell pulled in approximately $20 million domestically on a $110 million budget—below even the conservative prediction that site made earlier in the week. That number looks even more anemic when compared with Lucy, Johansson’s R-rated 2014 film, which pulled in $43.8 million on its opening weekend. Unlike Ghost in the Shell, Lucy wasn’t based on a pre-existing property and didn’t have an established fanbase to draw on. But the Johansson casting has clearly alienated fans of the original manga and anime versions of Ghost in the Shell, and their dampened enthusiasm appears to have discouraged newcomers as well.

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/04/ghost-in-the-shell-box-office-whitewashing-bad-for-business/amp

What went wrong?
>>
no one wanted a gits live action movie
whitewashing is (((their))) baked in excuse for the failure
>>
>>81228938
more like Ghost in the Tacobell
>>
I didn't care about the whitewashed casting. What bothers me is they shit on the original plot and message.
>>
Yeah sure m8 everyone would totally watch GITS, but they're boycotting it cause of Scarjo.

Just like how they're boycotting Iron Fis--- fuck!
>>
it was just a generic scifi action movie. it's biggest crime was a few good sequences but overall being dull. certainly not a bad movie, just forgettable

it undoubtedly would've made LESS if it didn't have scarjo as the lead

but because this is the age of political correctness bullshit, we'll have 28058209 pieces on "muh whitewashing"

meanwhile, mainland japs don't care and some were actually glad because they were afraid hollywood would cast asian, but not japanese, and would end up with a chinese actress instead keks

asian-americans are HATED by mainland asians, but AA's will never talk about it publicly.
>>
>>81228938
Holy shit. just because its a movie about a character going to another country doesn't make it whitewashing. Characters need to be outsiders, so we can experience the world with them
>>
The Great Wall wasn't whitewashed. It got bad reviews and looked like shit from the beginning. Same shit happened with ghost and the shell
>>
I thought iron fist was always white?
also, isn't iron fist doing great on netflix?
>>
>>81229135
He was and I believe it is. Something like the most viewed Marvel/Netflix show opening yet, I think.
>>
>>81228938
So if Iron Fist is a bomb then Daredevil season 1 and season 2, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones must have been fucking disasters. Being that Iron Fist had more people watching it, and watching all of it than the others mentioned.

The great wall has also made almost 350 million. Jesus fuck they're just giving any monkey with a pen the ability to write articles aren't they.

There is no social pushback. There are a bunch of loud obnoxious fucks (mostly the critics) saying that this is bad because race because of blah and blah... but people have started realizing that critics don't know shit.
>>
File: 1490965998184.jpg (36KB, 500x341px) Image search: [Google]
1490965998184.jpg
36KB, 500x341px
>With it bombing this means no more anime adaptations
>>
>>81228938
Maybe they should try making better movies instead. Nobody gives a flying fuck if the lead is white, asian or black as long as it works.
>>
>>81228938
Wait. Lucy was R rated? And GitS wasn't. Someone fucked up here somewhere.
>>
its now raciss to not hand over your money
>>
>>81229277
>Jesus fuck they're just giving any monkey with a pen the ability to write articles aren't they.
>There is no social pushback. There are a bunch of loud obnoxious fucks (mostly the critics) saying that this is bad because race because of blah and blah... but people have started realizing that critics don't know shit.

Well the kind of agenda based factless reporting this article is hardly new. Plus in situations or rather on subjects like this that's basically movie review or "pop-culture" review. There aren't a great deal of people who are going to get up in arms about it. Although it does also happen a great deal in relevant news as well and I don't see any huge backlash about it until the President started the whole "fake news" thing.
>>
>Iron Fist
>whitewashing
He was always white. SJWs sure are stupid
>>
>>81229517
Actually, the article implies the other way. Trying to write a narrative fans didn't go because of whitewashing and thus they were fighting "the man" by not forking over money.

Not that it was just a shitty shallow adaptation.
>>
File: 1488896343526.jpg (300KB, 1584x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1488896343526.jpg
300KB, 1584x1462px
>>81228938
>Hollywood whitewashing

>image of a character that was always white
>image of a movie MADE IN FUCKING CHINA BY FUCKING CHINESE PEOPLE
>>
>>81229233
Do have a source on that, Netflix never releases their ratings and shit
>>
What was The Great Walls budget? The reason they used Matt Damon was to make sure it appealed to the Western markets. Just like fucking Hollywood puts Asians in to appeal to their markets.

Has anybody thought that GITS was appealing to Western markets and would have done even worse with a no-named Nip, or even worse, a no-named Chink or Gook actor?

GITS was made because it had an established name and an established story, meaning production costs are cut as it's a lot easier to write a script with a story to pick and choose bits from rather than using the story.

What Nips might find interesting, Westerns will not. Indians love 15 min long musical numbers in their films, so much so they get up and dance with them, but you can bet your fucking life savings on a 15 min long musical number in an action film not going down well. Even La-La Land split up the musical with huge chunks of regular screen content.
>>
great now every movie will have extra talentless niggers and spics to fill the colored quota. You happy /tv/ ?
>>
>>81228938
>complex cases of cultural appropriation

Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>81228938
>what went wrong?

It was the adaptation no one asked for or wanted, and you can't just adapt an anime into live action.
People watch anime for the style, the atmosphere that animation can make.
It's like asking why I chose a print of Van Gogh's Sunflowers versus just a photograph of sunflowers in a vase.
>>
>>81228938
>the film bombed because of white washing
>not because it looked shit, was based on japanese cartoons, and starred Johansson who's a shitty unconvincing actress
>>
>>81228938
It's not that she's white it's because she's a shrill sjw warrior loudmouth cunt.
>>
>>81229587
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/iron_fist/despite-being-critically-panned-iron-fist-becomes-a-huge-hit-on-netflix-a149837
>>
>>81228938
I feel like most commentaters have never read or watched GitS, regardless of whether or not it was whitewashing.
>>
Eh, Iron Fist was a success with viewers, which is what counts.

I seriously doubt GITS was let down by any whitewashing, 99% of the potential movie audience have no idea of what GITS is, so how could they be upset.

Of course this was the problem, GITS is not something that will sell on name, and a fat Scarjo in a ridiculous rubber condom is not going to draw a large movie audience.

From the trailers it looked neither fun nor exciting, some dystopian future landscape, and a bad looking Scarjo in some run-of-the-mill action sequences.

I don't think Valerian will do great either for many of the above reasons, but atleast it will do MUCH better than this by simply the virtue of signaling some humour in it's trailers.
>>
File: champagne%20pop[1].jpg (21KB, 590x393px) Image search: [Google]
champagne%20pop[1].jpg
21KB, 590x393px
>>81229382
>With it bombing this means no more anime adaptations

Party hard.
>>
>>81229639
you mean how like they already do?
>>
>>81229093
Iron Fist was white in the comics.

Really somebody needs to write and article pointing out the hypocrisy of so-called "colourblind casting", i.e. typically white characters portrayed by black actors being heralded as progress by Hollywood when in the same breath they'll refuse to cast Asians in a film about predominantly Japanese characters ostensibly set in Hong Kong, because I believe that's honestly a contributing factor to audiences staying away from this.
>>
>Whitewashing
Or maybe people are tired of that giant beaked "actress", though someone named "Motoko Kusanagi" should probably be Japanese

Dont care about the 52 marvel series on netflix

Great Wall looked like ass from the first trailer and Damon is playing a European in the movie
>>
>>81229815
Well that's most of the problem. No one knows about GitS and those that do wont like this adaption.
>>
>>81229871
>>81229382

What about Deathnote?
>>
It deserved to bomb. But mainly for managing to rape the source material badly. It's almost an insult to the franchise.
>>
WHITE PEOPLE YOU BETTER START FUCKING RUNNING

WE'RE GONNA KILL EVERY WHITE BOI AND INSEMINATE EVERY WHITE WOMB WITH BLACK SEED
>>
Don't care that she's white. I care that they casted a 4'11" pudgy, aging Jewish dwarf to play the fucking Major.
>>
>>81229978
Source material sucked and was ripped off blade runner.

GitS17 is a solid 5/10 sci-fi.
>>
>>81228938
When Death Note comes out are they going to complain about white washing while ignoring the black washing?
>>
File: 1368076351964.jpg (43KB, 400x399px) Image search: [Google]
1368076351964.jpg
43KB, 400x399px
>>81228938
>asians are better off by every metric in America than whitey
>still get mad about film representation like it's not a single california-based industry but instead it's society at large
>>
>>81229880
They should do an adaptation of Afro Samurai and have a chink play the lead role.

Hilarity would ensue.
>>
>>81230070
They already have bitched about the whitewashing and have ignored the blackwashing.
>>
>>81228938
Yeah, the issue is CLEARLY whitewashing and not people being disinterested in live action anime remakes.

2006 Japanese Death Note movie bombed and was shit without whitewashing. Same with the 2015 Attack on Titan which actually had reverse white washing. But hey, ignore those and focus on the American live action animes that bombed too, like Dragon Ball or Avatar TLA.
>>
>>81228938
The Matt Damon thing is pretty jarring. But the film was made by a Chinese company? Weird
>>
Has nothing to do with white washing, name one anime that was turned into live action which was GOOD? I'm waiting.
>>
>>81228938
oy vey this (((white))) actress is the reason my horrible film$$$ are tanking. Less whites pls

us whites huh?
>>
>>81230161
Do you mean by Hollywood or do Jap movies count?
>>
>>81230219
american noone gives a shit about jap shit.
>>
>>81230161
Rurouni Kenshin
>>
This is why we need less whites. White people must be exterminated, white women must be inseminated either through will or through force we will breed the racism out of them.
>>
>>81228938
or more simply: bad movies are just bad
also
>pic related
Who will whitewash them in the inevitable biopic?
>>
>>81230245
Speed Racer
>>
>>81229942
Let's hoqe it's successful and these things get kicked into high gear.

It and Battle Angel Alita.
>>
>>81229942
There was already sone bullshit about whitewashing light. but no complaints of L being black go figure the deathnote adaption may be the final nail in the coffin when released
>>
>>81229942
Diverse casting makes it immune to criticism and it will win awards.
>>
>>81228938
Scar Jo isn't a lead actress, no matter how hard they keep trying to push it.
>>
Nail in the coffin for whitewashing means nail in the coffin for anime adaptations

How many Asian-American actors can you even name?

Do you want everyone in a movie be played by CGI Jacky Chan and what do you see Kaneda? Who the fuck would watch that?
>>
Why is Iron fist lumped in there?
I know internet critics tried to will it to death but it's Netflix's most successful show ever.

Also you can't whitewash a white character.
>>
>>81228938
Anime nerds don't want anime adapted.

SJWs won't see it because "whitewashing."

Normies won't see it because they don't like anime.
>>
Did Vanity Fair seriously judt accuse a chinese movie of whitewashing?
>>
>>81228938
>only the latest financial fallout of asian erasure

Which were the others? Iron Fist did great and that Matt Damon movie was made by the chinese and he was cast specifically to play a white guy.
>>
Why the fuck are they attributing whitewashing to GITs?

Has it been released in Asian markets yet?

Its just a movie no one wanted
>>
>>81230412
This
I love GiTS but fuck Hollywood and fuck anime adaptations
>>
>>81230412
A lot of misconceptions in one post.
>>
>>81229102
Asians hate everyone.

Vietnamese hate Filipinos who hate Koreans who hate the Japanese who hate the Chinese who hate the Thai who hate the Pacific Islanders who hate Cambodians who hate Laotians who hate Mongolians who hate Tibetan who hate the Nepalese.

Every one of those groups can be swapped around for your convenience.

Asians are probably the most racist and xenophobic people in the world.
>>
>>81229871
Akira is getting an adaption. Attack on Titan is getting an adaption. Fucking MONSTER HUNTER is getting an adaptation.

This shit is only going to grow, anon.
>>
>>81230411
I think they lump in "whitewashing" with cultural appropriation.
>>
The movie was mostly funded by two huge ASIAN corporations

Someone please point this out to the liberal SJW lunatics while they're doing their daily anti white bashing
>>
>>81230438
Iron Fist was a trainwreck.
>>
>>81228938
Wow its almost like the vast majority of normie people doesnt give a fuck about jap cartoons.
>>
How is Danny being white "whitewashing"? I dont get it, he's canonically white.
>>
>>81230474
Name one.
>>
>>81230513
Iron Fist is great and it's Netflix's most binged show
>>
>>81229382

Maybe it means no more live action Anime adaptations where
they cast the Japanese lead character with a white person. I don't hate Johannsen or anything, although I think a Black Widow movie would have been cool back when they were casting for the Ghost in the Shell movie.

>>81229421

Actually, some people do care if the lead character is Asian or not in a Western adaptation of Asian media. Even in Edge of Tomorrow, which is based on a Japanese light novel, they still should have casted an Asian or Asian-American as the lead. The United States is becoming more and more diverse, well the racist bigot named Donald Trump is trying to put a stop to that, but still, the U.S. is a diverse country and representation matters.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/07/10/hollywood-whitewashing_n_5515919.html

>>81229639
>>81229775

The both of you redneck hill-billy kkklansmen need to fucking die.
>>
>>81230311
>Speed Racer
You mean the critically panned money losing box office failure?
> $43,945,766 domestically and $93,945,766 worldwide.[2] Based on its total gross, it was considered a box office bomb
>Rotten Tomatoes ranked Speed Racer as "rotten", with 39%
> Metacritic 37 out of 100
>"a kindergartner's art class collage".
> "yields heretofore undreamed of levels of narrative incoherence"
> "it sags in its midsection"

You mean that speedracer???

>>81230279
American Hollywood only of course animu gonna do decent in animu land.
>>
>>81230412
>SJWs won't see it because "whitewashing."
BRUH
>>
>>81230504
Thank fuck. It's about time something thought back against Disney and Marvel.
>>
>>81230499
What about Malayans? Cambodians? Burmese? Singaporean? Hong Kongers? Taiwanese?
>>
>>81230435
They couldn't find any real recent examples of white washing so they had to make due with Iron Fist and that chinese movie starring Matt Damon, hoping their audience is too stupid to look into it, which they are probably right about.
>>
>>81230504
Can't wait for Attack on Titan accusations of whitewashing when everyone is White except for that one chick
>>
scarjo being in it isnt why it failed
it failed because weebs dont wanna watch shot they like get ruined and normies dont like anime
anyone who didnt see this flopping from a mile away needs their head examined
>>
>>81230507
>asian makes a cheeseburger
>"wow, what a great burger!"

>white guy makes sushi
>"CULTURAL APPROPRIATION THIS IS LITERALLY RAPE"
>>
>>81228938
>What went wrong.
Bad casting.
Bad story.
>Ghost in the Shell is to introspective and philosophical, so we had to tone it down for audiences because we felt they wouldn't understand it.
Nothing screams asshole more then that.
>Audiences are to stupid to understand simple story, so lets pew pew it up.
>>
>>81230565
>thought
>>
GiTs would have been shit with or without whitewashing, black widow being major was the least of that movies problem.
IF is doing great and non-critics with agendas like it, also dany rand is a white guy.
Great Wall is a fictional story about monsters and shit and Damons character is European and the movie was made by a Chinese company so that's just SJW being offended on behalf of others.
>>
>>81230513
Maybe, but a commercially fairly successful trainwreck and it sure as hell didn't have any "asian erasure" in it.
>>
>>81228938
>the great wall
>hollywood whitewashing

seriously these dumb, dumb motherfuckers
>>
File: offended4u.jpg (42KB, 651x489px) Image search: [Google]
offended4u.jpg
42KB, 651x489px
>>81230511
>>
>>81230571
Damon was playing a Roman anyway

Little fun fact, China is obsessed with Romans
>>
>>81230547
People can like anime. If they like comic books, they can like anime.

Also I'm pretty sure that anime fans welcome adaptations. Ignore /a/, those people are a basket case.
>>
File: 360dude1518ad00d0dc86.jpg (32KB, 960x528px) Image search: [Google]
360dude1518ad00d0dc86.jpg
32KB, 960x528px
>>81228938
Daily reminder.
>>
>>81230558
You are an ugly, anti white racist asshole

>>81230612

The Great Wall and GITS were both heavily financed by Asian companies

That's the hilarious irony here
>>
>>81230558
>some people do care if the lead character is Asian or not in a Western adaptation of Asian media
No they don't. They care if the movie is true to the source material. Ever heard anyone complaining that harry potter wasn't a pakior """""asian"""""? I sure as shit haven't.
>>
>>81229081

This. It's the same reason Neflix's massacre of Death Note is going to fail.

Hollywood is terrified to give the Japanese due diligence.
>>
>>81230588
>why aren't these characters named Bernd and Edward Japanese
>>
>>81230560
You know Citizen Kane was a failure in its day too, right?
>>
>>81230499
Can confirm.
Personally my family doesn't trust niggers, my grandma thinks they're all dirty criminals who smell like dried piss.
>>
>>81230603
Sadly, you're wrong. It's not that people don't understand, it's people don't WANT to understand. They look at their phones and shit during a film. So you gotta have an easy to follow storyline that can be understood if you look down at your phone every 5 mins. Action keeps them paying attention.
>>
Asians are not box office draws. Thats just a fucking fact. Closet they got is Jackie Chan.
>>
>>81230569
They all hate each other too.

Shit, the Burmese have been killing each other for like 50 years.

Here's the flow chart:

>Asians hate American Asians more than anyone
>Next up is other Asians
>Followed by Asians within their country but from some group they don't like.

They're terrible.
>>
>>81228938
>Iron Fist
>whitewashing
What? Iron Fist is a white character in the comics.
>>
>>81230625
So is the USA. Though that was cause they followed Britain's footsteps of Latin everywhere.
>>
>>81230634
By and large though anime fans are a little more devoted, especially when it comes to something like Ghost in the Shell.

Shit, they adapted DragonBall Z and none of the niggers or spics showed up.
>>
>>81230700
why is he allowed to learn martial arts or hold that gook stick though?
>>
>>81230700
That too, is a crime in the eyes of these people.
>>
>>81230603
GitS was dull as dishwater with it's philosophy 101 conversations.
>>
>>81230685
Even the two Asian companies that paid to make this movie know this is true.

If the Asian financiers of this movie wanted an Asian lead they would have gotten one without question. They were paying to make the movie.
>>
>>81229135
None of those three are white washed. One isn't even a hollywood movie.
>>
>>81230700
But he's a white guy who knows kung fu, that shit doesn't fly anymore. Only asians are allowed to be good at kung fu these days.
>>
>>81230755
Why are asians allowed to use cars, watch TV or play Starcraft?
>>
File: 1490728592173.jpg (99KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1490728592173.jpg
99KB, 640x640px
>>81230151
>avatar
>anime
>>
>>81230695
>Be Burma
>Be British colony
>Gain Independence
>Fight each other for 50 years
>Get secretly taken over by Chinese backed militaries constantly
>Then when you finally get a democratic leader, she's a Chinese puppet
>You now gain money on by selling your vast natural resource wealth to China at 99% reduction
>A-at least we're free of the e-evil imperialist British!!!
>>
>>81230740
Because we raised ourselves on works of such tremendous quality that we can smell bullshit from a mile away.

Gits wasn't bullshit though.
>>
>>81230161
ace attorney was a game but goddamn is that a good fucking movie
>>
>>81230599
Hamburgers are American and America is a country built by immigrants so its culture is already owned in part by Asians.
>>
One Whitewashing thing i do agree with is with Death Note

L, Near, Mello & their Teams were White anyway, you didn't need to Whitewash it because it was already really fucking White for a manga, you could have had Light be some Japanese American & Misa being some J-Pop girl would have been popular with the West anyway, more popular than some random White girl

But they made L black so whatever
>>
>>81230788
>Only Asians can be good at Kung Fu

Isn't that a racist stereotype though?
>>
Isn't Great Wall a Chinese movie where Chinese producers and shit decided to get Matt Damon to star in their Chinese movie?
>>
File: 1487673874767.jpg (55KB, 580x387px) Image search: [Google]
1487673874767.jpg
55KB, 580x387px
>>81228938
>2 of 3 examples shown aren't even whitewashing
>Shoehorned blackwashing in Hollywood flicks is rampant but nobody bats an eye
>When a foreign country remakes an American film nobody cares
>When a Japanese movie is full of Japanese people nobody complains
>>
>>81230357
it's a movie thats been passed around studios for almost a decade and then finally dropped to netflix as a last resort
it isn't winning any awards
>>
>>81230822
Aung San Soo Kyi? A chinese puppet? You for real?
>>
>>81230679
The reason why certain movies develop a cult following after the fact is because they dont do the shit as you said, and actually put in effort.

Nobody walks away from something like this and says "YOU GOTTA SEE IT"

The reason why people are sitting on their phones, and munching popcorn without paying attention is BECAUSE directors are dulling down movies to the lowest levels.

Why would I give two shits and pay attention to some trash, who else would, and anybody who does go to a movie and does that very thing while something amazing is on, is garbage, thats not your audience.

If they wanna make money, stop pandering to fucking idiots and make good shit, that will make dummies put down the phones or force them to fuck off.

good/bad example, Empire Strikes Back.
back then.
>Star Wars sucks, your a fag.
now.
>OH BOY! STAR WARS IS AMAZING RIGHT! I BET YOU HATED IT WHEN YOU WAS YOUNGERH UH! ;D

>>81230773
I know that, thats the point, and the director still thought "well, its still to much for the dummies, we better not interrupt their popcorn time."
>>
Yeah, let's dive into the talent pool of Asian actors. Are Toshiro Mifune and Takashi Shimura available?
>>
>>81230837
>Hamburgers are American

They're German. Have a guess where they were made. USA's best invention was the potato chip, or crisp in Bongian.
>>
>>81230872
It is, but is awesome cannon fodder to stupid people.
>>
>>81228938
The adaptation of the story is awful too. It was cringe seeing "Major" being insecure about being a cyborg. So, other people in the setting have cyber augments - but only Mira is a cyborg in the GitS sense ? It's really lame , and takes away what makes the GitS characters and universe unique and makes it homogeneous with normal western robot girl movies.
>>
>>81229942
Deathnote is fine because like Kira, white people already have a god complex as it is that allows them to kill minorities at a whim with no legal ramifications whatsoever. You can't prove me wrong btw.
>>
>>81230907
Germans used to be allied with the Japanese so it's okay for a Japanese person to make a hamburger.
>>
>>81230872
Yes but they did it because they have internalized racism.
>>
File: 456756856856.png (598KB, 889x591px) Image search: [Google]
456756856856.png
598KB, 889x591px
>posting iron fist

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/marvels-iron-fist-netflix-most-binged-1202020200/
>>
>>81230695
The funniest part to me is that the only people I've ever met who are racist against Asians are other Asians.
>>
>>81230499

Fuck off, asshole, many of those countries are ethnocentric or homogenous, not heterogenous like the U.S. Also, even within the Philippines, there will be different tribes of Filipinos who hate each other. I think in Vietnam, there's an ethnic group called the Cham who are discriminated against. Even in Guam, which is American territory, while growing up here, there is racism of between Filipinos and the indigenous Pacific Islanders, the Chamorros, hell, the people of this island will also be racist toward other Pacific Islanders like the Micronesian or Chuukese. So shut the fuck up. Even in Burma/Myanmar, there's racism between the Burmese and an ethnic group, the Muslim Rohingya.

At least in America, people try to do better.

Oh wait, in America, don't the KKK and neo-Nazis hate other whites like the Irish or white Roman Catholics. I read on TVtropes that ethnic Greeks were mistaken for Arabs and were attacked because people thought the Greeks were Arab Muslims, when Greeks are Orthodox Christian Europeans.

>>81230637

Go to hell
>>
>>81229942
what about it?
>>
>>81230842
I'm still holding out hope that L is black because the guy who plays him is the next Dustin Hoffman.
>>
>>81230907
Germans may have invented burgers but Americans perfected them.
>>
>>81230920
It is actually going to be a big elephant in the room when Kira screams about cleansing the world while it cuts to montage of blacks & mexicans having heart attacks in prison
>>
File: 1490583451545.jpg (50KB, 600x595px) Image search: [Google]
1490583451545.jpg
50KB, 600x595px
>>81228938

1. I liked the Iron First, and it didn't erase an Asian character. Danny was always White. I'm not going to pretend the series was flawless, but people that think its problems were with a White Actor playing a White Character are delusional. Its flaws, and despite that fact that I like it, there are flaws, would still be present regardless of who played Danny.

2. Ghost in the Shell (live action) has a great deal of very, very real problems. Personally I thought the casting was wrong, and, yeah, there are Asian actresses that probably could have done a better job - but the casting alone could not have saved that film from any of the other problems it had. Add onto that, I really had, and have, no interesting in Anime-to-Live actions adaptations, most of those are in the best formats (Manga/Anime) that they could possibly be in, for what they were trying to do, already. GitS and other anime really never needed to be live action, indeed, they were probably better off/best off in the manga and annime film/series incarnations.

3.Matt Damon was purposefully asked, added in, by its Asian, Chinese, creators. There was no white hand in the mix painting out Asian characters and Actors. He was asked into a movie, and a part, made for him. Not replacing anyone.

I didn't whine when Samuel L Jackson got cast as Nick Fury. He did a good job. The problems with these three projects are very real, the race of the actors was not the core problem of any of them.
>>
>>81230867
I don't think you what racism is, that's just stereotyping. Besides martial arts have always been apart of Asian culture
>>
>>81230887
There are a gazzillion chincks. You telling me that there is NO WAY that ONE chinck can't act AT LEAST at Scarjo level wich is pretty fucking low?
Fuck you and your non-argument
>>
>>81230920
Kira was never racist.
>>
Literally nobody cares about the "whitewashing". How out of touch are you to think THAT would be the reason. Not even the Japanese care about it. The creator of the movie AND the manga have said they don't give a shit. How do American liberals keep this farce up?
>>
>>81228938
isnt about time these publications get declared as written terrorism?
>>
>>81230837
> America is a country built by immigrants

Yeah, and a lot of those immigrants were white europeans. So by your logic, every bit of culture Europeans brought to America now belongs to everyone, but every bit of culture other ethnic groups brought belongs to them alone?
>>
>>81230881
Look in your heart, you know it to be true. Puppet in all but officialdom. Most of her countries trade goes to China. When you control the money, you can control the country. Robert I. Rotberg wrote a book on Burma's future as a democratic state and it covers the relationship to China in it.
>>
File: Mindblowing.png (156KB, 750x285px) Image search: [Google]
Mindblowing.png
156KB, 750x285px
>>81230636
daily reminder
>>
>>81228938
Whitewashing was the least of its problems.

It was the soulless execution of scenes, the utter lack of impact from every single performance, the massively watered down plot by a hack writer who missed the fucking point, and the awful CGI on everything but the wasted skyline.

Twelve years ago Robert Rodriguez filmed Sin City shot for shot, panel for panel, and line for line. It was so accurate an adaptation that it was practically a big-budget motion comic, and it turned out great.
Why the fuck they don't remake movies that way is beyond me. I guess the team wants to leave a creative mark, but if they want to do that they can just make an actual fucking movie that isn't loosely based on a better movie.
>>
>>81231016
European "culture" was all taken from Africans and Asians during colonialism.
>>
>>81230997
>Kira was never racist.
he killed anybody that would be in a prison, in this case most are niggers.
>>
>>81230603
The whole dialgoue at the start where they explain the fucking title words of ghost and shell made me want to hang myself.
>>
>>81231052
no it wasn't
>>
>>81230993
But it is a racist stereotype.

https://thenerdsofcolor.org/2015/12/10/fear-of-an-asian-martial-artist-the-thing-about-stereotypes-aaironfist/

Literally about Iron Fist. I assumed you were well up to speed on your shit.
>>
>>81230986
It will be bankers in penthouse suites and it's going to be great.
>>
>>81229586
underrated
>>
>>81230955
I'm trying to wrap my head around why you are so angry at me while you're agreeing with everything I said.
>>
>>81231064
Niggers in Japan?
>>
>>81230837
>and America is a country built by immigrants
lol
If everyone believes and repeats a lie
Does that make it true?
>>
>>81231064
If Light actually went for Non White criminals in the West, L would have never caught him, he would have never expected some Jap kid to be so racist
>>
Bitch looks old in the movie... no wonder.
>>
>>81230992
Is that a nip?
>>
>>81230668
Did you just compare citizen kane and speed racer?
>>
>>81231144
Not him, but have you seen Speed Racer?
>>
>>81231101
Not him, but where do you think we are?
>>
>>81230996
That's what I'm telling you. And no Japanese actors fill theaters in the west
>>
>>81231105
Well, it IS true, liberals just leave out the fact that the vast majrotiy of immigrants who built America were from mainland Europe and England.
>>
>>81230992
>I didn't whine when Samuel L Jackson got cast as Nick Fury. He did a good job.

He did, but also, an alternate universe version of nick fury in the comics is black and looks like Sam Jack. It's more rumor as I understand it but a deal was made then that in exchange for using his likeness he would get to play Nick in any upcoming movies.
>>
>>81231064
JAPANESE prison.

The japs have no clue how corrupt the U.S. prison system is. So prison ain't like that in Death Note.

This is the one adaptation where social justice stuff can be a benefit.
>>
>>81228938
>Iron Fist
>whitewashed

That series was a pile of dogshit, but that's hilarious.
Do """"journalists"""" have access to google? Danny Rand was never anything but white.
>>
>>81231046
>I guess the team wants to leave a creative mark
Pride is why we don't have good adaptations.
>>
>>81230955
>At least in America, people try to do better.
According to what value standard? In what world is the rampant ongoing dysgenics & browning of our country an improvement?

Our country & race is fucking dying under these insane views, which glorifies cowardice/surrender as a virtue
>>
>>81231105
It was literally built by European immigrants you dunbass
>>
File: 1485295644010.jpg (140KB, 1280x806px) Image search: [Google]
1485295644010.jpg
140KB, 1280x806px
>>81230996
>>81230887

I can think of quite a few movies with exceptional Asian actors from when I was young. The Karate Kid movies, Big Trouble in Little China, the Joy Luck Club and such, in the past, and in the more modern day with Pacific Rim, Marco Polo and others. These are just five examples, but old, and new, past or present, there were Asian actors capable of delivering great performances in each. Memorable performances. If Ming Na hadn't already been cast in the Agents of Shield series, she'd have made a great Ancient One in Doctor Strange. Heck, the Crane Woman, Gao, in Daredevil/Iron Fist is really enjoyable to watch, another example of an Asian actress who, if she weren't already doing a part, would have been great in Doctor Strange as the Ancient One.

I get not everyone cares, and, really, neither do I. If an actor does a good job, awesome. I don't give a fuck. But, people that pretend there aren't some awesome Asian actors out there are just silly. These were just off the top of my head examples, the reality is I remember growing up with lots of media that had Asian actors, english speaking, in them, and, Foreigners in Foreign media right now can learn English, they'd probably love the extra exposure and money.
>>
>>81231172
They just gave the orders. You know that slaves did all the work.
>>
>>81230993
>Besides martial arts have always been apart of Asian culture

Yeah and westerners have always been better at it.
>>
>>81231167
>Japanese actors fill theaters in the west
Funny that Scarjo also didn't
>>
>>81230160
Matt Damon was just there to give the movie more appeal in America and because China likes seeing white actors in stuff anyway.

Also, Matt Damon isn't even the real hero of the movie. Jing Tian is.
>>
>>81228938
Problem wasn't the whitewashing. Problem was that it's a mediocre movie if you ignore the pretty effects. Blame the scriptwriters for copying cool scenes from the source without understanding the underlying themes and the director for being a shitty director (Snow White and the Huntsman), who's only good at making things look pretty. Nothing to do with whitewashing and I don't think yet another sub-performing mediocre movie will be the final nail in the coffin of Hollywood making more mediocre movies. Same with Iron Fist and The Great Bore. If the product is good, then that's all that matters to the audience.
>>
>>81231190
Exactly. Too much pride, and too little shame.
>>
>>81231220
I thought Bai Ling would have made a good Ancient One.
>>
>>81231174

Sounds like a good deal. He got a job, and we got a pretty bad ass Nick Fury.
>>
>>81231172
No, its not true
It's also a massive logical fallacy, immigration in the past says nothing about immigration in the present/future, it also makes the false assumption that all immigrants interchangeable cogs

Whites that came to America were settlers & colonists, not 'immigrants' in the modern thought
>>
>>81230668
Speed Racer is better than Citizen Kane, if you don't agree you are transphobic.

Checkmate, niggers.
>>
Upcoming Anime Hollywood Film Adaptations

1. Voltron
2. Bleach (yes, I'm serious)
3. Akira (duh)
4. Mardock Scramble (pointless imo, most people won't know what this is as the novels were the famous thing, not the anime)
5. Vexille (again, pointless imo)
6. Death Note (Duh)
7. Robotech (This is obvious due to success of Transformers)
8. Space Battleship Yamato
9. Cobra The Space Pirate
10. Star Blazers

Gundam. Now this isn't confirmed, but Hollywood nearly did it once and since Voltron and Robotech got one, I suspect Gundam will.

As for manga...

1. Dororo (also getting a Nip Live Action)
2. Lone Wolf and Cub
3. Pluto
4. Black Jack

There is also Captain Planet one being made. Kite as well, but I forgot if that was anime or manga. Gaiking as well, but forgot if it was anime or manga.

Enjoy.
>>
>>81231303

I had to look up the name, but, she has a distinctive enough face that as soon as I saw her I remembered the things I'd seen her in. I don't know how that would have gone, but I do want to see the version of reality where Benedict got magically slapped around by the Ancient Chinese stick girl.
>>
>>81231471
>6. Death Note (Duh)
Death Note is netflix not hollywood
>>
>>81231471
The only one that has a chance of being good is Cobra, and only if they make it the action comedy that it is.
>>
>>81231016

Hey assholes, don't forget that White Europeans brought over Africans as slaves to work in plantations owned by white Southerners, they had to do back breaking work. Also the Chinese were here in America helping to build stuff like the railroad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Chinese_Americans

>Chinese immigrants... worked as laborers, particularly on the transcontinental railroad, such as the Central Pacific Railroad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Filipino_Americans

Filipinos came to America as laborers and even enlisted into the American Navy when it was a territory of the U.S.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Japanese_Americans

The Japanese came over to America and worked in farming or were working on plantations in Hawaii, later many of them joined the military in World War 2 and became a highly decorated combat group due to their efforts in Europe. There's a book called All I Asking is My Body that I read in a college course on Asian-Americans about Japanese American. Read it if you like boxing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Americans

Indian immigrants brought their culture with them and it help influenced the American philosophy of Transcendentalism.

>The presence of Indian-Americans also helped develop interest in Eastern religions in the US and would result in its influence on American philosophies such as Transcendentalism.

Shit dude, when groups of immigrants all over the world come to America, it benefits America.
>>
>>81230955
> Even in Burma/Myanmar, there's racism between the Burmese and an ethnic group, the Muslim Rohingya.

could this be because the Rohingya perform terrorism acts, like every single islamic group ever?
>>
>>81231471

>1. Voltron
Why god why?
>2. Bleach (yes, I'm serious)
It certainly tells audiences what they'll need to guzzle to escape the pain.
>3. Akira (duh)
Yup.
>4. Mardock Scramble (pointless imo, most people won't know what this is as the novels were the famous thing, not the anime)
Would make one hope they'd adapt the novels instead . . .
>5. Vexille (again, pointless imo)
Why not Appleseed long before that? Not that they'd do Appleseed any justice.
>6. Death Note (Duh)
Didn't need to happen, but, yeah. It's an obvious pick. It's a series, I believe? Netflix?
>7. Robotech (This is obvious due to success of Transformers)
Poor Robotech. First we bring you over here, a mish mash, drag you through the mud in western releases for decades . . . and now this.
>8. Space Battleship Yamato
I'm being stupidly hopeful, but, of all of them they could adapt, that one seems easy, compared to others. It's more of a just don't fuck up situation.
>9. Cobra The Space Pirate
For what possible purpose?
>>
File: 121512.gif (791KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
121512.gif
791KB, 500x277px
>>81228938

>Iron Fist is the most binge watched show on Netflix
>$60 mill opening for a $110 mil budget movie isn't even bad

T A B L O I D S
A
B
L
O
I
D
S
>>
>>81231482
>distinctive enough face

dude, the most distinctive thing about he is her giant one inch nipples

ur doing it wrong
>>
File: IMG_0534.jpg (439KB, 637x1804px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0534.jpg
439KB, 637x1804px
Why are liberals so buttblasted over something the Japs like?
>>
>>81231494
Either way, it's not going to end just because faggot article writers like in OP say it's over. Replace Death Note with Gaiking then since that's an anime.

>>81231558
Eh I dunno. Space Battleship Yamato could be a dumb space battle film. Which I wouldn't mind too much. But who knows. This shit isn't going away.

>>81231611
Yeah I forgot Death Note was a Netflix film... I think. Death Note has a TV series, live action films, manga, novels, anime and a fucking musical. So I get confused.

You didn't give your opinion on Gaiking, Captain Planet, Kite or the manga ones.
>>
>>81231640
Netflix customers really do enjoy eating actual shit. It's amazing.
>>
>>81231682
Japs don't like Scarjo GitS.

Or wuhaito piggus in general.
>>
>>81231471
>Akira
It will NEVER happen
every year since the 90s its been "discussed" then just disappears. this year its peele, last year it was nolan, the year before that it was that guy that directed that horror movie and so on
>>
>>81231701
>Eh I dunno. Space Battleship Yamato could be a dumb space battle film. Which I wouldn't mind too much. But who knows. This shit isn't going away.

The way they're shooting darts in the dark like this, we might get lucky and something might hit the mark
>>
>>81231195
>>81231216

Read >>81231569.

This month is Arab American heritage month, so I'm also going to be listening to podcasts about Muslims, maybe I'll read some stuff on Arab Americans and their contributions, but that's if I get my sleeping schedule corrected.

>>81231471

I'm a 29 year old who had heard of Cobra and never watched it. I've never heard or watched Cobra The Space Pirate, nor do I give a shit.
>>
>>81231667

I figure the nipple length is between her and whoever gets to suck on em.

>>81231682

Liberals have enough back-handed comments about Asians that I'm sure the only reason that they don't go after Asians, especially East Asians, like they do white people, is because they're saving them for later. You know, when that Utopian day they finally get rid of all white people, and realize they have to find a new scapegoat.
>>
>>81231569
What no one ever mentions is that as a result the Native inhabitants of America were almost entirely wiped out and the ones that did survive lost their land and culture. Also most of the "laborers" were forced into cruel and unsafe work conditions for low pay.

But hey fuck their suffering because it all worked out in the end, right?
>>
>>81228938
>character is white in comic
>character is white in anime
>character is white because chink moviemakers wanted a hollywood star

how the fuck is that "whitewashing"?
>>
>>81231712

So do the retards who focus in on this whole pointless "whitewashing" debacle

Who gives a fuck! Just watch entertainment and be entertained, no matter the skin color!
>>
File: 1491078625659.jpg (71KB, 437x458px) Image search: [Google]
1491078625659.jpg
71KB, 437x458px
>>81231781
>character is white in anime
No she isn't.

>inb4 WE WUZ ANIMEYZ AND SHIT
>>
>>81231729
True. But I'm sure execs want it done for 2020. Since that's when Akira is set. Also when Japan hosts the Olympics. Just like Akira. I hope they recreate the bike gang scene in the opening ceremony.

But if it started now it could be done for 2020. Who knows though.

>>81231745
I think it's called Cobra The Space Pirate, when the anime is called Cobra. Was just saying what name they were using.
>>
>>81228938
>Iron Fist
always white
>Ghost in the Shell
author approved
>The Wall movie
Chinese production that wanted to appease to the western audience, it was an Asian choice.
>>
>>81231781
>character is white because chink moviemakers wanted a hollywood star

Not only that, Damon was playing a European. Casting a chink for the role of William Garin would've been fucking stupid.
>>
>>81230504
>Akira is getting an adaption
fucking hell..... this is sad
they can't taint something actually good, the original akira is great as is, don't fucking ruin it hollywood please
>>
>>81231640
>Iron Fist is the most binge watched show on Netflix
Isn't that from a tabloid that uses data from a third party that "attempts" to determine netflix viewership?
>>
>>81231798
Hey, I would've been fine with scarjo kusanagi if the movie had anything resembling atmosphere.
>>
>>81230637

>The Great Wall and GITS were both heavily financed by Asian companies

How was GITS financed by Asian companies ?
>>
>>81231813
Japs have an inferiority complex after being destroyed in WW2.
>>
>>81231813
>blue eyes
>caucasian features
>big tits

She picked a white woman for a shell, faget. Kusanagi literally whitewashed herself. Deal with it.
>>
>>81230634
>anime fans welcome adaptations

They ain't real fans then. Nobody can call themselves a fan of something if they wish to see it cannibalized by the tripe machine that is Hollywood.

If you can seriously sit here and tell me you want anime to become the next capeshit you're no fan, you're just a kike.
>>
I've never seen the original, but I thought the new movie was pretty good
>>
>>81231886
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>still putting original white characters on whitewashing lists

fucking retard sjws man... just kill them all or make them shut the fuck up alredy god dammit.
>>
>>81228938

jajajajaja nobody cares about cultural representation.

Iron Fist failed not because the actor is white but because the guy is clearly no martial artist, let alone the best martial artist of the world. He doesn't have a trained body, he has a bland whiny personality, he can't fool anyone that's even seen a martial arts fight.

GITS was still born from the moment they announced it. Topping the source material was impossible. American audiences can't into japanese narrative (i mean, it's the audience that thinks HP, DC and Marvel movies are good movies) so they need the plot dumb-ed down and the characters and themes spoon fed to them... and you give the movie to the director of Snow white and the huntsman?
So... fans of the anime movie where going to hate on it from the start and the rest of the audience is to retarded for even the dumbed down version of it.

There was no way this was gonna work and it has NOTHING to do with a female protagonist nor with white washing.

No one cares about that fucking progressive representation agenda.
>>
>>81231860
It's been in theoretical hell for years, so I think you're safe. Just like The Sims movie was, or The Witcher one. The only theoretical "We're doing this sometime" film that got anywhere is Metal Gear Solid. So thankfully adaptations rarely plan out.
>>
>>81228938

I am 100% sure "whitewashing" wasn't the reason the movie flopped
>>
>>81231701

It's easy enough to forget. Death Note made the rounds long before this point. It's been ages since I interacted with Death Note media of any kind.

I left out Starblazers because I've honest to goodness never seen it.

Kite was never something they were going to adapt correctly. They may as well have tried to adapt Mezzo Forte. I filed it away as a, "Yeah, they happened" but it's still hard to believe they bothered. You can just imagine the script writers blacking out entire sections going, "Okay, now what are we going to put in this massive void left by everything we couldn't put in the film?"

Gaiking is another I've honestly never seen (pretty sure the version I'm familiar with by imagery was an anime).

Was Captain Planet even an anime? Isn't that an old western cartoon? If there's an anime by the same name, I missed it entirely.

I'm only familiar with Dororo in the Manga section. And, it's so old, sort of like Speed Racer, that I'm curious who they're planning to market it to, or how to visually handle it.
>>
>>81231905
WE
E
>>
>>81231913
Anime can stay in the bin.
>>
>>81231905
But whites aren't the only ones that can have blue eyes though. Plenty of Mediterraneans and certain middle easterners can have blue eyes too
>>
>>81231764

Oh, thanks for reminding me of the Native Americans who helped White European settlers survive by providing food and teaching them how to farm the land, just like when you learn about Pocahontas. I listened to a In Our Time podcast episode on Pocahontas: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03hwn09

Also, it was mostly the White Europeans who brought over the diseases and weapons that killed a lot of the Native Americans.

And yeah, I should've mentioned about the laborers and the harsh environments they had to deal with, but I was trying to type/write and search on google as fast as I can and I left a lot of stuff out.
>>
>>81232006
Green
>>
File: 3e7.jpg (9KB, 200x176px) Image search: [Google]
3e7.jpg
9KB, 200x176px
>>81231905
>Kusanagi literally whitewashed herself.

Fucking lol it's true
>>
>>81232006
No doubt, but she stuck her brain in the white shell.
>>
>>81231943

>Are you fucking retarded?

You obviously are, main production companies were DreamWorks Pictures, Reliance Entertainment, Arad Productions

All producers were american/jews

We are talking about the american remake here, not the Anime original you mong.
>>
>>81231890
Not really. They openly despise gaijin piggus. Burger soldiers are even banned from drinking their water. Probably because they got drunk once and raped girls like a pack of subhuman niggers.
>>
>>81228938

I'm not clicking that link.

>whitewashing

Yea, FUCK YOU.

It's not about "whitewashing", it's about shitty casting. You don't take an established character and change their race. Doesn't matter if they're white, black, Jap, Chink, or whatever, NOBODY wants to see the race changing bullshit that Jewywood has pulled over the past few decades.

Niggers in European medieval films? Dumb.
Whites in Chinese epics? Dumb.
Changing the main character of some Japanese manga from a Jap to a Jew, Bitch, or nigger? Ludicrous.

I hope they keep doing it, though, and I hope they keep bombing and losing their precious shekels.
>>
File: 1351640339134.png (325KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
1351640339134.png
325KB, 382x417px
>>81231886
>Production companies https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_Film_Group_Corporation
>>
>>81228938
the biggest problem with the movie that no one seems to be addressing is that Ghost In The Shell is a story and concept for autistic fucking losers in the first place, it's just pure unadulterated autistic shit
>>
>>81232079
WUZ
U
Z
>>
File: 1490573323158.jpg (23KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
1490573323158.jpg
23KB, 467x700px
>>81231905
In the Manga it's explained they used a common model for her Shell. The Shell is a Japanese model common in Neo Tokyo. The model was chosen for several reasons. The first is that as a common model, it wouldn't stand out as a specialty model. They have a problem with people going after special models for their parts. The second reason is that she's meant to fit in, in Neo Tokyo, not stand out. The model is Japanese in design, and comes in a variety of skin, eye and hair colors, even hair styles, but the basic body and features are the same though some parts are optional like simulated body hair, various breast sizes, etc.

Anyways, the model itself, outside of why it was selected, was built to fit into Japanese society. It can have specialty features and customizations, but it's main function is to look like a Japanese woman. Perhaps a Japanese woman with contacts, a wig, hair dye, etc, which is something Japanese Women in reality wear/use, so it's not really out there.

Regardless, the movies' flaw, well, it had a lot of flaws, was not the race of Scarlet, though either her acting, or the direction she was given, or both, didn't help.
>>
>>81232038
Mediterraneans can have green eyes too
>>
>>81231956
I forgot A Kite got done in 2014. I also just checked and Mezzo Forte doesn't seem to be getting a film adaptation. I also thought Noir was getting a Live Action film adaptation, but I don't think it is now.

As for Captain Planet I was thinking of the anime adaptation they planned to do but didn't do. It got a film in 2013. I've mixed up a few things in there, but it's all from the top of my head.
>>
>>81232147
Spit that knowledge.
>>
File: 1380536832825.jpg (53KB, 339x493px) Image search: [Google]
1380536832825.jpg
53KB, 339x493px
>>81232100
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/paramount-strikes-slate-financing-deal-shanghai-film-group-huahua-media-966026

>Production companies
>DreamWorks Pictures[2]
>Reliance Entertainment[3]
>Arad Productions[2]
>Shanghai Film Group Corporation[4]
>Huahua Media[4]
>>
>>81231781
Her name is Mokoto, was born in a japanese city and speaks japanese.
She's a Japanese character.

What they needed to do is cast an american-asian girl, with mixed features, and just make the whole cast asian. I understand changing the language but there was no reason to cast somebody mixed. It's was just a bad move from the beginning.

Also, Amaraki talking japanese and that stupid plot twist at the end. It was just badly done.
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 476x352px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 476x352px
>>81232006
>>
>>81232186
> I also just checked and Mezzo Forte doesn't seem to be getting a film adaptation

It's for the best.

>mixed up a few things

It happens, thanks for the list regardless, a few on there I wasn't aware of.
>>
>>81232219
>to NOT* cast somebody mixed.
>>
>>81232219
1. China doesn't like Japan, so would have not liked a Japanese actor, even American-Japanese, in a film. Which means less $$$

2. Domestic Asians hate foreign born Asians.
>>
File: 1300574251052.png (39KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1300574251052.png
39KB, 645x773px
you will never see a live action Evangelion
>>
>>81232128

>Production companies https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai_Film_Group_Corporation

One out of 5 production companies listed, and it's down at the bottom, again all producers and the top listed production companies are american, how the fuck does this translate to:

'The movie was mostly funded by two huge ASIAN corporations '

It's fucking bullshit unless you can show me anything to back it up with.
>>
>>81232240
You're welcome. As for the Live Action Noir, I meant to say it WAS being done, but it stalled in 2014. Surprised it hasn't been picked up. But I guess lesbian assassins involving an underage girl isn't Hollywood material. Could have been a pretty sweet film, it's not like there was explicit sex in the anime.

I'm still laughing that Monster Hunter is getting a Live Action Hollywood film. It's just going to be so superficial in relation to the game that there is no point calling it that.
>>
>>81232232
>>81232006

Fun fact, due to a Red Haired, pale skinned, blue green and gray eyed people, interbreeding with early people's in China, pale skin, red hair, blue gray and green eyes do pop in the population. Albeit rarely. However, in the areas where the remnants of these genetics are most constant, you find the palest asians. The people's of Japan have a decent portion of these genetics, and the native Ainu were known to sometimes have pale skin, blue eyes and blonde hair, adding to that heritage. This double dose of fair skinned genetics in ancient times, and recent times, means the Japanese have the highest percentage of fair skin in the Asian world, in people that otherwise look Asian. This also means that various eye colors such as blue pop up now and then. Blonde hair doesn't tend to pop up, but every once in a very very great while you do get a legitimate Asian red head due to a recessive gene popping out to say hello.
>>
>>81232147
>Perhaps a Japanese woman with contacts, a wig, hair dye, etc, which is something Japanese Women in reality wear/use, so it's not really out there.

That's a fucking stretch. Why put your body in the shell of a japanese girl trying to look white when you can just as easily pick the shell of a white woman?

Also, the 1995 film, on which this movie was based, was a Mamoru Oshii film, not a Masamune Shiro film. It was a very loose adaptation in its own right. She shows zero known Japanese bone structure, and it is never established what kind of shell she's in.

It's a hard fucking truth for an /a/utist, but it's the fucking truth nonetheless.
>>
>>81232379
ANIMEYZ AND SHIT
>>
I'd sooner thing the bigger reason for GitS not doing well is the fact that anime fans just don't really want to watch a live-action movie adaption in the first place (I mean I can count well regarded live action anime adaptions on like one hand)
>>
>>81232200

>Under the terms of the deal, Shanghai Film Group and Huahua Media will finance at least 25 percent of each film on the studio's slate

How does that suddenly mean:

>'The movie was mostly funded by two huge ASIAN corporations ' ??

That's now proven fucking bullshit, we are talking ~25 percent of the movie funding from these two outliers, where do you think the other 75% of funding came from dumbass ?

Can you even read ?
>>
>>81232405
You're the most triggered /a/spie of all.
>>
>>81232271
Yeah but they do like animu. Remember Pacific Rim? Guess what market was the most profitable apart for the US.

And US is still their biggest market, they shot themselves in the foot casting ScarJo.
>>
>>81232419
And you're a literal nigger.
>>
>>81232435
Blame Oshii for liking white women. I had nothing to do with it.
>>
>>81230320
BAA will be shit just like GitS. By not committing to anything but being a roller ball movie, its going to be shit.
>>
>>81232423
>apart for the US.
>On August 19, 2013, its gross crossed $100 million in China alone, becoming the sixth-highest grossing American film ever in China. It grossed a total of $114.3 million in the country, making China the largest market for the film.
China was THE most profitable for PacRim, not US.
>>
Part of the problem is that the source material has always been overrated.

The thought that GITS is the greatest thing ever was part of thr meme hype machine before the original even came out.
>>
>>81232423
True. It's still better to cast a white person who won't piss off the various markets than pick a specific Asian an piss off a set of countries.
>>
>>81232379
>Why put your body in the shell of a Japanese girl trying to looks white when you can just as easily pick the shell of a white woman

Holy shit nigger read that guy's post. He specifically stated she did it to blend in. White women don't blend into Japan. Asian women wearing blue contacts do.

Why is this so difficult for you? You're coming at this with Afrocentrist levels of retardation and I want to know why.

Also are you analyzing the bone structure of a cartoon?
>>
>>81232529
The source material was overrated by people that aren't actual anime fans.
>>
>>81232379

Honestly? Because an Asian girl with fair skin, or non-dark eyes/hair doesn't look like a white woman. Having an interest in different colored eyes and hair has little to do with wanting to be white, as even white people like coloring their hair, wearing contacts and changing their skin color to be darker or paler.

Regardless, none of what I think matters. The important part that I relayed, isn't my opinion. It's what the Manga relayed, the Anime also touched on this (without telling you the details) by showing you there were others with the Major's model around the city.

Your picture is nice and all, but it's just an anime style that's evolved in all sorts of ways. You can say that the style resembles a white person more in many Anime, but in these same anime when you have characters with Japanese parents, Japanese names, who are described to be Japanese, you just have to accept that a style is a style.

Still, that doesn't matter. The Manga already explained it. I've relayed that information. It doesn't matter if you like it, believe it, or not, it still is the core intent relayed in the setting. Explained. Detailed. The end. There is no opinion here for you to disagree with. It is. Like it. Don't like it. It doesn't matter. It is.
>>
>>81228938
>What went wrong?
They made a live action movie of a thing that did not need a live action movie. a thing that is only popular with a niche withing a niche. Would have gone over better if they had made adaptation of the newest hot anime that the people in US love.
>>81232144
how so?
>>
>>81232610
>There is no opinion here for you to disagree with. It is. Like it. Don't like it. It doesn't matter. It is.

Mamoru Oshii didn't give a fuck about the manga or any faithfulness to it other than some themes he wanted to explore? Why do you, and why should I?

Oshii also has a thing for white chicks, obviously.
>>
>>81232529

GitS wasn't ever the fastest paced most action packed thing in the world. It had a few cool fights, but, especially once you get to the series, the talking is far more focused on. Their themes, discussions, characters and concepts have always been forefront, at the expense of traditional pacing and other issues.

It's fine for those that like it, but, let's be honest about what adapting that means. They were always going to lift the actions scenes, some of the visuals, and then slap in whatever new story, characterizations and motivation. There's some fluff there, but, you could over generalize the Hollywood take as, "Female Robocop" and not be too far off the mark.
>>
Surprised there's been no Berserk Live Action adaptation by Hollywood. Or is macho morally grey heroes a bad thing? I mean you can remove the naked kid scenes and so on. But is Berserk any more 'mature' than GoT?
>>
>>81232379
>bone structure
get out of here with that shit
>>
>>81232777

Not really sure what you're on about. Even the anime lifted the concept that her model was commonly seen around the city, a common model that fit in with the populace. You have the scenes. No, you don't have the Manga's in depth explanation of what's going on there, but without the Manga's explanation and imagery as inspiration, there'd be no reasons to have those scenes at all. Yet they were included in the anime. Which says a lot.
>>
>>81232856
They'll adapt it eventually and it'll be shit.
>>
JOhanson is a jew so how can it be white-washing
>>
File: images (13).jpg (10KB, 202x249px) Image search: [Google]
images (13).jpg
10KB, 202x249px
>>81231682
Funny how people who supposedly hate white people draw them all the time.
>>
>>81232885
>>81232856

So, about that Rape Horse scene . . .
>>
The Great Wall (2016) was a fun movie that a lot of people liked and if this killed "white washing" than "diversity" should have died 1000 deaths by now, given the number of failures it makes
>>
>>81232870
>get out of here with the argument that proves /a/ wrong

Nah, I'm staying right here.
>>
>>81232856
>you can remove
no you can't you need it all. once they start cutting you end up with generic rpg
>>
>>81232883
>Even the anime lifted the concept that her model was commonly seen around the city, a common model that fit in with the populace.

Then the head animator should've been fired for fucking that up so magnificently.
>>
>>81232927
Anime characters aren't any race moron. White people don't have giant bug eyes and no noses. Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>81229011
>not ghost in the Taco shell
>>
>>81232957
anime characters don't look white, they don't even look human. they are humanoid puppets dancing for out entertainment, bone structure is the kind of shit a none anime fan will roll out to justify his bigotry or an anime fan who does not feel secure in things he likes
>>
>>81232987

Now you're just being entirely silly, as opposed to a little silly. Goodnight anon. Have a fine evening.
>>
>>81228938
? I thought Iron Fist did more than well
>>
>>81232273
Jews are in their LA
All's right with the world
>>
>>81233003
>White Americans dealing with being rendered so irrelevant in their own culture they're devolved into WE WUZ NINJAS

This has made my day.
>>
>>81228938

The biggest reason it failed is because Scarlett Johanson can't carry a film.

She lacks any real charisma. People were interested in her films for a while because of her looks but now she's boring.

Without the script being rewritten to make it less about philosophy and the nature of the soul in an electronic world and more of a vehicle for Johansson it just looked uninteresting as fuck, despite a really great setting.

Compare the trailer to GITS to The Mummy.

The Mummy is another remake with meh 'oh look, the city is being destroyed by CG' set pieces yet Tom Cruise makes it something people want to watch.
>>
>>81230558
Fuck you, nigger lover. Your stupid, socio-religious dogma has already ruined huge swathes of Baltimore, Detroit and other cities, but you won't stop until the entire world is a third-world ghetto, you religious scumbag.

If you subhuman enablers and all subhumans were killed already, the world would be able to move forward without crime and poverty threatening to ruin the first world.
>>
>>81232928
Rape horse doesn't rape anybody and is killed before it does anything to whateverhername was it's been a long time since I read the manga. You can just have it implied or have it appear and be killed. It's not like you see a giant dick in the manga.

>>81232885
Probably. Still surprised it's not been done. Morally grey seems to be a bad thing these days.

>>81232965
Why do you need naked kids to make Berserk Berserk? They're not in it really, you have Casca's backstory where she's seen topless in a couple of scenes when the guy tries to rape her. You got the butterfly girl arc where she flies around naked and even that goes between having her smooth as a barbie doll and actually having a cleft of venus, she's like 12-13 as well. Then you have a single topless scene of Scherike and you see her butt in one scene. That and a few naked little boys in the Troll rape pens and that's it really. You don't need those and if you really need the butterfly girl arc you can just have her either older or have her covered in fuzz so she isn't actually naked.

The rest can be kept in.
>>
File: 225px-Dexter2.png (43KB, 225x238px) Image search: [Google]
225px-Dexter2.png
43KB, 225x238px
>>81233039
By that logic Dexter doesn't look white.
Except for the fact that he does.

/a/'s sad excuses are almost too much for a sane mind.
Not even mentioning we're talking specifically about Mamoru Oshii's rendition of Motoko Kusanagi, who does look considerably more human that nearly any anime character.
>>
>>81233103
*tips yamulke*
>>
>>81232610
> Having an interest in different colored eyes and hair has little to do with wanting to be white
Is this bait? without whites there wouldnt even be hair/eye colour variation
>>
>>81231745
You're just another socially engineered joke. You do what you're told because you're more interested in what's socially acceptable than what's true.

Enjoy your third world living conditions brought on by sheer emotional manipulation and social dogma that "everyone's equal."
>>
>>81233183
The weebs are as far removed from reality as the Zack Snyder apologists. No point in arguing them other than the knowledge that they're angry that anybody would dare accuse glorious Nippon of white fetishism.
>>
Speaking of adaptations; isn't Lupin III getting one? Who would you cast as Lupin? Tom Cruise? Goemon? Jigen? Fujiko? Zenigatta?
>>
>>81230661
It's more about Eastern philosophy in general clashing with Western audiences. The West is obsessed with the individual and that everyone is a special unique snowflake whereas Eastern philosophy is about everyone and everything being connected in some greater way, the body is just a shell housing what really makes up the person which is just the mind. The West doesn't like this because it erodes away at the idea of everyone being unique and separate.

You undermine the whole point of the movie when you replace its philosophy with another one. You might as well just make a different movie altogether. It'd be like making a Superman movie for Japan but it's all about Japanese ideals as opposed to the American ones he stands for.
>>
>>81228938
>What went wrong?
They turned an interesting story about ideas into a dumbed down Hollywood shoot 'em up scifi flick. The whitewashing bit is a meme.
>>
>>81233259
Fujiko would be a surprisingly good Lupin.
>>
>>81233183
But whites aren't the only ones that have light colored eyes. Plenty of Southern Europeans, some North Africans, and some middle easterners can have them too
>>
>>81233289
>It's more about Eastern philosophy in general clashing with Western audiences. The West is obsessed with the individual and that everyone is a special unique snowflake whereas Eastern philosophy is about everyone and everything being connected in some greater way, the body is just a shell housing what really makes up the person which is just the mind. The West doesn't like this because it erodes away at the idea of everyone being unique and separate.
I agree but I don't see the conflict. mind is the essence of self and individualists are not necessarily obsessed with the shell.
>>
File: Hudson Hawk.jpg (403KB, 2660x1496px) Image search: [Google]
Hudson Hawk.jpg
403KB, 2660x1496px
>>81233259
Bruce Willis. Japan loved Hudson Hawk specifically because it was essentially Lupin III.
>>
File: 1491159567387.jpg (262KB, 800x807px) Image search: [Google]
1491159567387.jpg
262KB, 800x807px
>>81232927
>>
>>81233399
Wonder Woman looks a lot like the Major here. More like the Major than generic weeb maid #36987.
>>
>>81233322
I should have put "What about"? after that.

>>81233386
Could he pull it off? Bit too old. Needs to be a mid 30's guy really.
>>
>>81233362
>Southern Europeans
So whites?
> some North Africans, and some middle easterners
So people who geographically surround white people and have interbreed with them for centuries?
You're a fucking retard, all hair and eye color variations were born in Europe its a scientifical fact.
>>
>>81233183
Anime hairs and eyes go from purple to neon orange. Just because there's a bright piss colored hairs here and there doesn't mean they're appropriating your genes you triggered lard.
>>
>>81233399
>the worst examples of both sides of the pond
>/a/ unironically worshipping the lowest form of anime outside of Phone Game Vampire Mysteries
>>
>>81233473
I thought you guys didn't consider Southern Europeans to be white
>>
>>81233464
Obviously these days he wouldn't fit. As a Lupin fan I'd strongly recommend Hudson Hawk, though. It's got a surprisingly similar feel. Only thing it didn't have was a Goemon counterpart.
>>
>>81233514
>You guys
???
I'm a blue eyed southern European and nobody has ever questioned my whiteness.
>>
>>81230783
I don't know about Makoto but Ironfist and Matt Damon's character were written as white. Hell it was a Chinese guy who intended Damon to be white as he's a mercenary from Europe who journeys to China is search of black powder cause someone hired him to get some. People are mad with Ironfist because he falls into the White Savior trope that's been done to death but to say it's problematic is a bit much. Knowing these people though, had they cast anyone who still wasn't a white male but still not East Asian wouldn't have said shit about it. If he was black they'd probably praise it being a fun throw back to the era of black Kung Fu characters in the 70's which Ironfist originated from.
>>
>>81233549
Well /pol/ doesn't consider mediterraneans to be white
>>
>>81230558
kys, libtard
>>
>>81233578
That's because they think Spain is Mexico.
>>
Jesus they took the exact opposite of what they should have out of this.
(((Whitewashing))) has nothing to do with it. It bombed because they shat all over the plot and cast a pudgy jewess to play the role of a superhuman cyborg goddess.
>>
>>81233523
Thanks, I'll look into it. Castle of Count Cagliostro is my favourite anime film. I watched it on VHS in English dub. The English dub is fantastic. I really enjoyed it. Then they redid it all for DVD re-release and it was terrible. So I kept the VHS all these years. Was just perfect VA for everybody. I know the whole 'dub is sacrilege' thing, but it was so good. Seen it so many times my VHS must be damaged.

I watched all his other films in Japanese.
>>
File: 1481077519316.jpg (2MB, 1644x3912px) Image search: [Google]
1481077519316.jpg
2MB, 1644x3912px
>>81233578
Meds are only considered white when the Stormfag feels the urge to steal like a nigger.
>>
>>81233635
Only /a/ fucking shits hate dubs. Don't worry about it, and I hope you enjoy the movie. I'll try to find that VHS dub of Cagliostro; the redub really wasn't great.
>>
>>81233649
The Roman Empire was literally called the First Reich by Germany. Hitler and the boys probably figured non-whites had taken so much from the master race they wouldn't mind a bit of turnabout.
>>
>>81233693
Yeah. The VHS dub had shit sound quality so I had hoped the DVD version would have fixed that. They just redubed it with new actors and it wasn't great. Maybe my mind is clouded by rose tinted goggles but I still recommend the VHS version of Cagliostro. I also use it as an example of how anime dubs can be great.

Also thanks for agreeing /a/ is fucking autistic about dubs. I'll watch whatever is better or both to see if hard or soft translations are better depending on it all.
>>
>>81233649
don't they say they used to be white but now their pool is too mixed?
>>
File: vlcsnap-2017-04-01-15h13m07s822.png (577KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-04-01-15h13m07s822.png
577KB, 1024x576px
>>81231813
>>
>>81233649
"Stormfags" claiming Mediterraneans are not white (I'm pretty sure stormfront claims they are hence the "") is nowhere as irritating and common as Latin American mongrels claiming Mediterraneans are brown like them
>>
>>81233399
>>81233810
>square face
>big long nose
>square jaw

Check, check, and check for Major Kusanagi. /a/ fucked its own shit up with that one.
>>
>>81233770
/a/'s fucking autistic in general. I do the same thing. If the dub is good, there's no reason not to appreciate it.
>>
>>81233790
Racemixing marked the fall of the first reich.
>>
File: 1481075655750.png (319KB, 713x619px) Image search: [Google]
1481075655750.png
319KB, 713x619px
>>81233749
The Eternal Kraut knew how to strike https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ztOV2wrrkY

>>81233790
That's the excuse.

>you are no longer white therefore we are the true roman successors
>WE WUZ ROMANS
>fails to comprehend environmental determinism because he thinks that people living down south are all supposed to be milk skinned and blue eyed
>>
>>81233906
That's true. I remember watching an episode or two of Little Witch Academia and deciding to go into /a/ for the first time in like 10 years and see what they thought and it was just waifu-fagging and "OMG THIS IS SHIT BECAUSE MARY SUE CHARACTER". Then I got a warning, 20 hours after a post I made, for telling somebody to stop shitposting.
>>
>b-but theyre anime so they have big eyes and round skulls

what, and asians do?
>>
>>81233810
>>81232487

See >>81232147 >>81232610 >>81232883
>>
>>81233962
Classic /a/.
>>
File: 1491231521349.jpg (554KB, 1150x1123px) Image search: [Google]
1491231521349.jpg
554KB, 1150x1123px
>>81232927
>>
>>81233980
>cherrypicks the ugliest fucking asian out there
Might as well post Honeybooboo for the white side.

>>81233995
>>
>>81233984
We did. I'm sure it impressed a lot of delusional weeaboos. /tv/, even in its shit-tier state, is sane enough to toss that bullshit.
>>
>>81233956
I can tell you are some sort of chicano by your obesessive behavior against Germanics, newsflash Spanish people are genetically closer to Germans than to Mexicans.
>>
>>81234051
DAS RITE
>>
>>81232610
>but in these same anime when you have characters with Japanese parents, Japanese names, who are described to be Japanese, you just have to accept that a style is a style.
Major is Japanese in the movie but she has a white cyborg body
>>
>>81233995
>that bottom pic
>cheek line doesn't match the animu
>nose line is literally the only nose line drawn on her face

Great evidence, dumbass. If anything this proved that Japan is really shitty at drawing Japanese eyes.
>>
>>81234063
I don't shit up your board, /a/. Why do you bother shitting up ours? I thought you idiots hated anything that wasn't drawn by an underpaid hikikomori.
>>
File: average white woman.jpg (153KB, 750x1486px) Image search: [Google]
average white woman.jpg
153KB, 750x1486px
>>81234101
Yes, huge ayylmao bug eyes are obviously based on Aryan goddesses.
>>
>>81234152
Fuck you, you spread your memes like herpes. You deserve this.
>>
File: gunsmith.jpg (323KB, 1008x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gunsmith.jpg
323KB, 1008x1000px
>mfw we'll never get a Gunsmith Cats live action

Why not?

1. It's got an Indian protag. Well, half English-Indian
2. She's a lesbian
3. There is cars, guns, explosions and sex
4. The main baddie is a woman (who is also a lesbian)
5. The 2nd side-kick is a man who is regularly saved by the woman
6. The first side-kick is a woman who stunts her growth on purpose to remain looking like a 10 year old for her boyfriend/husband who is into little girls (though this got changed in the Western version to a growth hormone problem that fucked her growth up and she takes tablets to fix it, not stunt it)

You don't need to put all the fetish stuff in or the naked loli scenes. But who doesn't like guns, girls and cars?
>>
File: ayy.jpg (655KB, 1950x1350px) Image search: [Google]
ayy.jpg
655KB, 1950x1350px
>>81234186
They sure as fuck aren't based on the Japanese.
White women are looking more like ayys every day so you're just proving me even more right. Or does /a/ still think losing is winning?
>>
>>81234230
No, anon, you're the cancer. I come here to discuss film and occasionally laugh when flicks tank.
>>
>>81234257
>1. It's got an Indian protag. Well, half English-Indian
>2. She's a lesbian

America's tired of degeneracy. When the last of the Obama era productions roll out, the racemixing will come to a screeching halt now that producers know the prime demographic has been severely misjudged.
>>
File: 1491070210878.jpg (101KB, 715x439px) Image search: [Google]
1491070210878.jpg
101KB, 715x439px
>>81234257
>it ends with her girl crush kissing her and leaving her for another woman
>>
>>81230499
>Japan hates China

For what? Japan literally raped China. Japan deserves their hatred.
>>
>>81234257
>lesbian bullshit
>isn't porn

No thanks.
>>
>>81234400
Japan raped China because they hate them.
>>
File: official manga.jpg (115KB, 533x800px) Image search: [Google]
official manga.jpg
115KB, 533x800px
>>81234364
Don't remember me... ;_;

>>81234409
Well I want it, anon.

>>81234357
Meh. It's not like her being a lesbian is a major plot point, it only happens right at the end.
>>
>>81234491
>Korra all over again

Goddammit. Thanks for the warning I guess.
>>
>>81234541
>it's bad when it's the focus
>it's bad when it's subtle
a-anon I
>>
>>81234572
It's always bad and never subtle.
>>
>>81234307
Fuck you I hope you die.
>>
>>81234654
You weebs wish anybody who isn't 4' tall and yellow get killed. I'll take that as a compliment.
>>
>>81230884
Holy shit one my acquaintences did exactly that when I said I didn't like the movie. He accused me of being a 1995 movie hipster and said I probably didn't like Batman vs Superman too. Emoticons and all.
>>
>>81234617
But it is in Gunsmith Cats. It's literally 3 pages in a 100 chapter long manga.
>>
>>81234780
It's near the end and it was meant to surprise you. That's not subtle.
>>
>>81234828
>it was meant to surprise you
Not really.
>>
>>81234890
Even if it didn't actually surprise anybody, the author's tone was pretty clear. Japan doesn't do subtlety.
>>
The Major is canonically trans-white. Casting wasn't the problem.
>>
>>81235142
Casting was the problem, it just didn't have anything to do with skin color.
>>
I wonder how many geeks aren't going because scarjo chopped off her tits.
Thread posts: 360
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.