[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a question for you, /tv/. What's your opinion on Easy Rider?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Got a question for you, /tv/. What's your opinion on Easy Rider?
>>
File: five.jpg (1MB, 1500x2252px) Image search: [Google]
five.jpg
1MB, 1500x2252px
amazing
kickstarted the most based time in hollywood, and it's improvised slow burning pace as well as the funky editing both add to the films charm.
even though people say it practically invented the idea of licensed rock music in film, scorsese's underrated kino "who's that knocking at my door" did it a few years earlier, and i'm sure there are earlier examples.
check out the studio's next film, five easy pieces, if you haven't.
>>
>>81216898
Well look at that. We got a live one. And here I thought this whole place was full of capeshit worshipers.
>>
>>81216898
I have not, but I'll be sure to.
>>
Actually I'll be perfectly honest with you, I haven't even seen the film, but my dad told me about it and said it was Jack Nicholson's first film so that peaked my interest. I'm downloading it right now. But Five Easy Pieces you say? Also never saw Who's Knocking at My Door, is anyone interesting in that? That might even be interesting, watching a Scorsese film with no notable actors.

But yeah, full disclosure, I'm the biggest pleb of them all.
>>
File: fiveeasypieces.jpg (134KB, 1885x1043px) Image search: [Google]
fiveeasypieces.jpg
134KB, 1885x1043px
>>81217159
five easy pieces is a 10/10 kino focusing entirely on jack nicholson's character and performance, to the point of having him in every scene. there isn't a single scene without him. bob rafaelson is a criminally underrated director.

who's that knocking at my door is scorsese's first film, and it's also harvey keitel's first film. you probably know keitel. it's basically scorsese riffing off of the whole french new wave while making a story about a group of slackers, one of them happens to fall in love with a girl. really ahead of it's time, i can't think of any film from around that time (originally shot 1965) that has a licensed soundtrack and that new hollywood editing. check it out, almost nobody has seen it.
>>
The fags got what they deserved.
>>
>>81217245
Aw man really? I'm a big Jack fan that sounds pretty awesome. One flew over the cuckoo's nest is one of my top five of all time I think.

Who's knocking sounds really interesting I'm surprised I haven't seen it already. I have heard of Harvey but I couldn't tell you anything hey directed off the top of my head.
>>
good film for it's time and performances but it didn't really get the subculture it seems like.
>>
File: knocking.jpg (97KB, 1200x834px) Image search: [Google]
knocking.jpg
97KB, 1200x834px
>>81217937
if you liked cuckoo's nest, five easy pieces will probably be one of your favorite films. i advise you to watch the film going in mostly blind.
nobody has seen who's that knocking at my door, it's a hidden gem.
really, read up on new hollywood and the whole french new wave, i wish i could see all these films for the first time again.

https://youtu.be/oVIA1vqQfb8
>>
essential dadcore
>>
>>81216898
will do...
thanks for the rec anon!
>>
>>81217159
>Jack Nicholson's first film
Yeh nah m8

Anyway watch anything done by New Hollywood directors: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Hollywood

A forgotten classic,imo, is Two Lane Blacktop
>>
>>81218247
O-oh. Ok.
>>
>>81218247
So what is Nicholson's first film?
>>
>>81216723
Based film.

>tfw they blew it

;_;
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.