[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people unable to understand it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 306
Thread images: 21

File: bvs.jpg (124KB, 257x380px) Image search: [Google]
bvs.jpg
124KB, 257x380px
Why are people unable to understand it?
>>
>>81211693
people need to be fucking spoon fed shit, not like this movie had a lot of layers, but it expected you to at least lift your food to your mouth
>>
>Literally Daddy Issues: The Movie
>>
>>81211693
I don't understand how this movie can get any sort of praise other than it was an okay action flick
>>
>>81211693
Any idiot that paseed 10th grade english can understand it. Thats the problem. You literaly think you are deep because you graduated to big boy films.
>>
>>81212171
It utterly failed as an action movie.
>>
>>81212276
I was trying to be nice but yea I was bored through most of it
>>
>>81212334
I know what you mean.

I really wanted to like this movie but it just wasn't right.
>>
File: IMG_3301.jpg (98KB, 1047x1180px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3301.jpg
98KB, 1047x1180px
>>81211693
>A jar of piss
>An actual jar of piss is a major plot device
>DCucks will UNIRONICALLY defend this
>>
BvS portrays the MSM as overly political, petty and even incompetent. Little wonder that the critics it attacks attempted to sabotage it.
>>
>>81211693
There's not a lot to understand for one, but what little is there is conveyed incredibly poorly.
>>
>>81212587
Hardly.

If anything, it's a favorable representation.
>>
File: IMG_7162.jpg (139KB, 878x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7162.jpg
139KB, 878x1200px
>>81212563
>he thinks a plot device is an actual physical object in the story
>>
>>81211693
They are simpletons of heart and mind
>>
Friendly reminder films like Blade Runner and Fight Club were hated and misunderstood at release.

This is another one of those cases. BvS was too ambitious for it's time, too much detail and layers for your average liberal moviegoer.
in years to come we will look back on it as a cult classic and the definite superhero film.
Snyder is already one of the greatest visionaries in Hollywood today, possibly even the next Kubrick perhaps?
>>
File: plotholes.jpg (211KB, 384x576px) Image search: [Google]
plotholes.jpg
211KB, 384x576px
>>81213035

too many plotholes in this, half the movie was characters digging them
>>
>>81213174
Your claims are not falsifiable.
>>
>>81212735
Oh, there's plenty to digest. Only most people don't think there is, so they don't even bother to look. They call plot elements stupid instead of seeing how they're connected and inform you about the characters' inner workings, and trust me they definitely have them.

Seriously ask yourself this - why does Bruce Wayne, one of the wealthiest, most powerful men on the planet, make a kryptonite spear instead of a bullet?

Think back over everything you see him do over the course of the film before you answer.
>>
>>81211693
people meme too hard about the "martha" scene
>>
i say this completely seriously.

BvS is one of the best films i've ever seen. i am on my twelve rewatch and im still spotting new things. it's unbelievable, Snyder deserved an oscar at the very least.
>>
>>81212171
you just describe 90% of comics movie
>>
>>81213387
the martha scene is one of the greatest climaxes in cinema history.
Snyder handled that scene masterfully.
>>
File: IMG_0401.jpg (44KB, 480x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0401.jpg
44KB, 480x384px
>>81213387
Welcome aboard, DCbro. It's good that you could join us in the sun.
>>
>>81213431
cant tell if ironic or not
>>
>>81213431
I think there's a punchline to it coming in JL.
>>
>>81213465
It doesn't matter.

Anyone ironically liking something isn't worth arguing with and anyone dumb enough to like that scene isn't worth arguing with either.
>>
>>81211693

Most people don't wanna be challenged by movies, so they don't even try to be open minded when they see a movie that wants to reach for more than the people think it should.

It's why people think Superman 1978 is the best Superman movie, despite the lackluster plot, filled with holes even for its time.

They also want meme quotes and scenes these days, moments that can be easily made into a gif or 2 min video to be shared via social media. BvS certainly didn't provide this.

There's a reason Deadpool, Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy are considered the best capeshit movies of modern days.
>>
>>81213502
>anyone dumb enough to like that scene isn't worth arguing with either.
why is it bad?
>>
>>81213502
Not an argument.
>>
>>81211693
It's hard to understand a movie when it puts you to sleep in the first 10 minutes.
>>
>>81211693
some people still don't understand Kubrick's 2001
>>
>>81213334
I'm sure the cake has many layers but that doesn't mean it tastes good when you find out what was put into it.
>>
There's nothing to understand, it's a very dumb flick.
>>
>>81213559
>food analogy
fuck off back to /v/
>>
>>81213571
it's actually the smartest capeshit movie ever made
>>
>>81213593
It's so smart that I have trouble thinking of it as a cape movie.
>>
>>81213530
Because it underlines the pointlessness of their fight.
Up until then, you're thinking that it's dumb that Superman is punching Batman instead of talking to him, but then you think that perhaps Batman is too far gone to be reasoned with.
Then the Martha exchange happens and it confirms that Batman can be reasoned with and could have been reasoned with this whole time, rendering this whole thing pointless.
It solidifies the movie as a comedy of errors.
>>
>>81213527
You are definitely challenged if you think BvS is a more intellectual movie than anything marvel has put out
>>
>>81213631
Goddamn it nigger, you're dumb as fuck.
>>
>>81213502
Fucking this, arguing with someone that defends the Martha scene is a waste of time
>>
>>81211693
>tfw you look at the top of his head
>>
>>81213664
>this scene is shit
>why
>explains why
>hurr u dumb
Every time
>>
>>81213630
You're finally understanding then because Snyder doesn't make capeshit, he has elevated the genre, he's brought intelligence and complexity that capeshit has never seen before. (see BvS or man of steel) he's made superhero movies taken seriously in the most realistic portrayal of superheroes ever.

Man of Steel is The Godfather of superhero movies
>>
>>81213631
>>81213334

Tackle that one, then. I'll even give you a hint: it's related to why he's branding certain criminals. It's related to pretty much the entire history of the Batman on the big screen and speaks tons about unacknowledged biases held by the audience, hidden rationalizations.
>>
>>81213671
Sorry, anon.
>>
>>81213697
I hope you're just baiting senpai.
>>
>>81213631
jesus christ marvelcucks really don't get it do they?

quips have rotted your brain.
>>
>>81213737
>everything I disagree with is either bait or dumb
Can you discuss anything at all? Can you defend your cape movie or will you stutter and deflect to Disney? There are smarter ways to say that Wayne had become the killer in the alley without the contrived idiocy of the Martha scene where every character is placed according to the convenience of the screenplay.
>>
Can anyone explain to me why you guys think this movie is so bad?
I actually think is a solid 8/10
>>
>>81213786
Marvel's butthurt drones. They circle these threads like vultures spouting debunked shit 24/7.
>>
>>81213777
I haven't mentioned Disney once. I'm curious as to why you actually think the scene is contrived.
>>
>>81213777
That's not what it's saying, at least that's not *all* that it's saying.
>>
>>81211693
It's just too thematically rich and complex for your average person to grasp
>>
>>81213826
See
>>81213818
This is why people find it pointless to argue with you. Keep believing that the movie was smart, it's nobody's business to convince you otherwise.
>>
>>81213715
He doesn't like guns, even thought he kinda does in this movie.
Superman is very fast, so he'd be hard to shoot.
The bullets would be useless once fired, while a spear would be consistently effective.
Moby Dick, biblical and Arthurian references.

That's all I got.
>>
>>81213826
What's funny is that it *was* contrived, but the contrivances were Bruce's.
>>
>>81213852
That's not me, friend.
>>
>>81213865
That's your average BvS thread fanboy that can't handle the slightest bit of cricitism without lashing out or calling others dumb.
>>
Visu-el
>>
>>81213452
>DC COMICS BR CLUB
What did HUE mean by this?
>>
>>81213890
Welcome to /tv/, feel free to fuck off if it upsets you.
>>
>>81213916
>hurr it's cancer but it's okay 'cause we're in cancer central
You're the problem.
>>
>>81213926
yep, feel free to fuck off like I said.
>>
>>81213671
why is a bad scene?
>>
>>81213857
One k-bullet loaded into those auto-turrets and the fight would have been over.

The plain, simple truth is that he made the spear because unconsciously he wanted to fail, and he stacked the deck against himself accordingly.
>>
>>81213969
No.
This movie is shit and you can circlejerk all you want and lash out at others because this is your little shitposting haven and it won't change a thing.
If you're so insecure that you need to praise BvS of all things to feel smart, you're not as smart as you think you are, plain and simple.
Enjoy your idiocy, enjoy your circlejerking, but don't ever ever get comfortable here, this place is not for you.
>>
This movie sucked because you already knew batman wasn't going to kill superman so there was literally no tension in the fight and when he found out Martha was same mom.
>>
>>81213996
It's a contrived dumb scene that solves everything in seconds through the help of convenient screenwriting and Lois Lane waiting behind a corner to answer a question she didn't hear. Everyone with a brain cringed at this scene.
>>
>>81214018
t. /v/ cretin who came here for the bane memes
go circlejerk about MbtS or some other flavor of the month oscar bait
>>
Honest question. For people who idolize this movie, how can you say that fucking computer scene with all the clips of the future franchises wasn't clunky and awkward as shit? I'm not trying to shit on the film either, but that scene was so lacking any grace it was ridiculous. They couldn't introduce the characters in a subtle way, and not all at once, back to back, in a fucking montage?
>>
>>81214018
How the fuck did you come up with that one? Honestly what scene, what line, what in this film implied that because if you're serious it went right the fuck over my head.
>>
>>81214075
You're circlejerking about flavor of the year Razzie bait idiot
>>
>>81214088
I thought it was handled masterfully by Snyder, of course marvel need to milk it out with a few shitty flicks. Snyder manages to do it in a short but precise message.
>>
>>81213852
Ayyyy the buttmad Marvel drone is still at it. It's ok atkeast you got Spidey now.
>>
>>81214016
Can you back that up?
>>
>>81214088
It remains my one criticism of the film. I feel it should have either been dispersed throughout the film or intercut into the training montage, but it had to be there somewhere, and that very much includes the personalized logos.
>>
>>81214073
K I N O
I
N
O
>>
>>81214107
And you're here for the umpteenth time complaining about it, how many hours have you spent so far doing it?
>>
>>81214127
>b-b-b-b-b-b-but Marvel
Every single fucking time.
Hey idiot, if your cape movie is so deep there's no need to compare it to what you think it's stupid cape popcorn bullshit, it should stand on its own merits
>>
>>81214127
I'm sorry, but you're wrong.

The Marvel movies got people attached to the individual characters, making them want to see them again and interacting with one another.
Seeing ten seconds of silent footage of characters does not have the same effect.
>>
>>81214132
All day long. Bruce can't kill in cold blood. It's why he doesn't start off wielding the spear. He orchestrated the fight to a point where to even have a chance to use it, his opponent would already be at his mercy. In essence he prep-timed himself into a confrontation that would force him to face down his own obsession with vengeance.
>>
>>81214151
We know who you are by now. We get what you're doing. It's not working.
>>
Remember how everyone praised Guardians of the Galaxy for being so "weird" for a superhero movie? The reception of BvS is what happens when a superhero movie does actually defy expectations, nerds get ridiculously angry about it.
>>
>>81214194
>he set it all up as if it was a bad screenplay written by Goyer and Terrio because it's in his character
This is, without a doubt, the dumbest shit I've seen in this website
>>
>>81214203
>we
Who is we? You and the other marketers?
>>
>>81214194
Wait, he can't kill in cold blood, but he wanted to kill Superman only when he was at his mercy?
Isn't that a contradiction?
>>
>>81214221
I guess you have tons of instances of him killing in cold blood to back up your assertion, right?

What do you even think his dream at the crypt was trying to tell him and *definitely* telling us?

Why is he cool with branding someone as scum and letting "more respectable" criminals do his dirty work?

Why can't he even bring himself to shoot KGBeast?
>>
>>81214136
spread it out. newspaper clippings in foreground, story researched by random reporter at office, internet video going viral. something other then jason moma treading water for 12 seconds in frame
>>
>>81214194
You know I was gonna call you a dumb faggot but that almost makes sense. The Bat brand makes sense since it means he can't kill them when he's got them cornered so he brands them in hopes of someone else doing it and makes the scene when he willingly chooses to shoot the flamethrower guy a good scene too. I do doubt this interpretation was intentional though.
>>
>>81214247
Affirmation of suspicion.
>>
>>81213713
Man of steel really is the best superhero movie that has been made.
>>
>>81214413
Who is we?
No such thing as "we" in 4chan kid, it's only you and me, if you weren't some newfag from r/DC_Cinematic you'd know that.
>>
File: SuperAngel.jpg (89KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
SuperAngel.jpg
89KB, 1366x768px
>>81214309
Because deep down Bruce knows that Clark's one of the good guys, and that all he's doing is allowing his obsessions to rule him. That's what his dream in the crypt is about.

Take a look at this Archangel Michael from his dream. Notice anything about it? It's when he turns his back on it that he's attacked by the Man-Bat.

That is indisputable supposed to represent the Archangel Michael in his iconic pose, but notice the hair. Michael's normally depicted with reddish blonde hair.

I've never looked, but I'd almost be willing to bet there's a shot of it appearing normal somewhere else in the film, possibly the intro.

Symbolically, that's Bruce turning his back on the "angel" to be consumed by his obsession.
>>
>>81214364
Exactly how many coincidences do you need before you stop calling them coincidences? This is why the fans say this movie's smarter than its detractors are giving it credit for.

Not only does that serve as a window into Bruce's psyche, it's also commentary on how willing fans of the character are willing to give him a pass on casual manslaughter as long as he's not directly killing people, or they're dying off-camera. That goes all the way back to Burton's Batman.
>>
>>81211693
>>
>>81214172
>I'll take satirical post for $1200 Alex.
>>
>>81214431
Stop embarrassing yourself pajeet
>>
>>81211693
Why are people spamming this trash every couple of hours?
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/ccqloVP2HmsQ-wBkkSwlMQ/
How much does WB pay for this shit?
>>
>>81214538
That was clearly their plan and that's what happened, regardless of whether you or I like those movies.
>>
>>81214545
Who is we kid?
Answer that question, who is we? who is this we you speak of? do you mean your marketer friends? or your DCuck peers? and if you mean any of those, why do you speak for them? what gives you that right? Are you organized? are you all on irc?
>>81214560
WB marketers trying to revive a dead franchise anon, it's obvious from how they praise the movie in the most abstract way and can only insult whoever disagrees and deflect to Disney.
>>
>>81214560
>>81214590
But surely they know that they have us by the balls.
Most of the people on this board will see most of the capeshit that comes out, no matter how much we hate it.
I'm not sure I believe the whole marketing meme.
>>
>>81214583
The post you were responding to was satirical you stupid fucking faggot
>>
>>81214643
I haven't watched a single cape movie this year, the only one I'll watch is Justice League because it's a wild card and there's a chance it'll be great or absolute shit, as always.
>>
>>81211693
Becausd it broke the mold, it actually asked the audience to engage rather than switch off
>>
>>81214667
Cool, man.
>>
>>81214437
To add to this, the first real scenes with the three principals front and center, Lex, Bruce, and Clark, all involve them lying to someone about their motivations.

Clark: "I don't care what they're saying." (Oh, but you do, Clark, you do.)

Bruce: "The kind that want to bring a dirty bomb into Gotham?" (But that's not what's on the boat, now, is it Bruce? Alfred calls you on your bullshit later.)

Lex: "You don't have to use a silver bullet, but if you forge one, well, then you don't have to depend on the kindness of monsters," (But you're not interested in a deterrent, are you Lex? You're interested in power.)

Bruce is obsessed with vengeance, Clark is obsessed with guilt, and Lex is obsessed with power. Of the three, the only one that's arguably not also lying to himself is Lex, who embraced his obsession long ago.
>>
>>81213631
>I need my conflicts to be 'good vs evil': the post
You people are on the wrong board, I swear.
>>
>>81214808
>I like my conflicts to be contrived and pointless because morally grey bullshit is inherently deep and mature
You are on the wrong website
>>
>>81214437
Symbolism isn't hard to write for, all you have to do is put in imagery that can easily made a connection to the events that are currently taken place. It doesn't deepen the story, the reason this symbolism isn't mentioned is because what actually happens in the movie doesn't work on an emotional level so no one gives a shit about the symbolism or why batman made a spear instead of a dildo.

The entire fight between batman and superman had no tension since you saw batman heel face turn a mile away so no one is going to give a shit why he made a spear or what ever
>>
>>81213713
What's your top 3 capeshit boys? Unironically, I think TDK is in the pantheon of capeshit among MoS and BvS. BvS is the superior film but I still think TDK is a precursor of sorts. If BvS is the 2001 of capeshit, could TDK be the Citizen Kane?
>>
>>81214808
That post has nothing to do with good vs. evil.
>>
>>81214903
I still don't get how this is so hard to grasp, symbolism that doesn't go beyond the surface level is not good symbolism, there are directors that fill their movies with references to rennaissance paintings like Greenaway or Taymor but they can also integrate it to whatever story it is they're telling and properly tell a story too.
>>
>>81213631
I didn't think it was dumb Superman was punching Batman, I thought it was dumb Superman was there at all. If he's not going to kill him and he doesn't trust him enough to ask him for help why is he even there wasting his time instead of looking for his mom, it's not like he was followed or anything.
>>
>>81214903
That's sour grapes if I've ever heard it. It informs everything that's happening and your refusal to even admit as much just tells us how far you're willing to go to *not* like a thing.
>>
>>81214941
What do you consider surface level?
>>
there is no point in trying to understand it because there is no character development
>>
>>81215011
>I get that reference
>This character did this in this way because the original painting looks like this
>>
>>81214948
Because Lex had just revealed that he not only knows who he is and has his mom, but tells him if he goes anywhere other than to fight Bruce, his mom's as good as dead.

Whether he actually had eyes on the fight becomes irrelevant at that point. He's relying on fear of the unknown to discourage Clark from gambling on his mother's life.
>>
>>81214667
>there's a chance it'll be great
Come on, now.
>>
>>81215044
OK, now instances. I guarantee you they don't mean what you think they mean.
>>
>>81214903
Not the anon you're replying too, but I'm always astounded that people on this board don't like symbolism. It's a visual cue that helps relay information and systems of thought without sounding like a lecture. Do you know the quote "brevity is the soul of wit", by Shakespeare? Do you understand the importance of "a picture is worth a thousand words?" Symbolism represents a mastery of the visual arts, it represents an understanding of life. It is what makes the movie genre so spectacular. To not like symbolism (in any narrative) is like not liking the spirit of competition in sports or logic in mathematics. Why are you even on this board if you don't appreciate the best of what makes a movie?
>>
>>81215011
Something that doesn't ask "why am I referencing this" and just does it cuz it looks kewl. Snyder's symbolism is like a Family Guy gag.
>>
>>81214976
I never mentioned anything about what symbology informs or doesn't so I don't even understand why you would reply with that statement.
>>
>>81214843
War in general is largely "pointless" by your estimation, so I guess studying that would be stupid, right? Come on.
>>
>>81215127
I think that your definition of symbolism is too broad, or at least far more broad than what people on this board are talking about when they use that word.
>>
>>81215188
Not him, but nice strawman.
>>
File: sure.png (210KB, 854x408px) Image search: [Google]
sure.png
210KB, 854x408px
>>81215107
You sure anon?
>>
File: Superman - Apollo.jpg (2MB, 2580x2232px) Image search: [Google]
Superman - Apollo.jpg
2MB, 2580x2232px
>>81215142
Specific instance, please.

You spot the symbolism in this shot?
>>
Is it even possible to discuss a Marvel at this level?
>>
>>81213631
>Superman is punching Batman instead of talking to him
But Superman tries to talk to Batman several times during their fight, Batman wouldn't even give him the chance.
>>
>>81215127
>Not the anon you're replying too, but I'm always astounded that people on this board don't like symbolism.
I like symbolism just fine, but he's just referencing imagery, not attempting to convey any meaning. That's hardly symbolism at all, it's more of a monkey see, monkey do thing.
>>
>>81215250
No.
It's why even if I disliked the movie, I highly respect the conversations it inspires and surround it.
>>
>>81215127
I don't think anyone hates symbolism as much as they when it's done poorly. Putting Superman in a crucified pose and having a close up of his face with a picture of Jesus in the background is not mastery of visual arts for example.
>>
>>81215247
Yes, you just posted two completely unrelated images because this movie is making you lose your mind.
>>
>>81215165
Maybe my replying had something to do with your insistence that symbolically informing us of Bruce's inner landscape isn't deep or tied to the story.
>>
>>81213297
Top kek
>>
Imagine being a Marvel shill seeing the entire MCU BTFO with just one movie. BvS alone means more than 20 Marvels.
>>
>>81212372
I know right? I must be dumb or something
>>
>>81215325
By what metric?
Box office or reviews?
>>
>>81215338
By quality of film.
>>
>>81215325
Imagine being so salty you can't even enjoy a really good movie without comparing it to a Disney shitshow because laughing Evans pics hurt you beyond words
>>
>>81215263
That's bullshit.

He inexplicably gives up trying to reason with him and his penultimate line of dialogue is a veiled threat.
>>
>>81215348
And how do you measure that?
Critical reception or box office earnings?
>>
>>81215350
Imagine being this smelly pajeet
>>
>>81215212
I think the typical poster on this board is only actually mildly interested enough to understand anything related to film as a buzz word and they don't care about the medium at all. They care about the pop culture appeal. That's why my definition seems too broad, because everyone else's definition is shallow and not particularly well thought out. It's like when people say "well arts just subjective man". In a sense, yes. But no real connoisseur of art, who understands the artist more than the art, or the technique or the methodology or the history, would put it all down to "it's all just first impression subjectivity that makes art good, yup."
In short, BvS is a pleb filter
>>
File: SuperSolar.jpg (35KB, 634x407px) Image search: [Google]
SuperSolar.jpg
35KB, 634x407px
>>81215284
These lines unrelated, too?

"Horus, Apollo, Jehovah,"

"You flew too close to the sun. Now look at you."

The message isn't that Superman = Jesus. That's all your capable of seeing, though, because you're still wearing your Jesus goggles and have a hate-boner about it.

He's variously depicted as a sun deity, a light deity, a sky deity, and a savior deity, but all you're willing to admit is the latter, in a series of movies that poses the question: "What would happen if a god-like alien appeared among us?"

The answer? We'll do our damnedest to see a god in him. Anything can become a god, even science, as shown by the Kryptonians.
>>
>>81215385
Salty as fuck, just like what you like kid, stop trying to insult others because of that
>>
>>81215127
It's not they don't like symbolism, it's when you try to use symbolism as an argument to support a poorly told story. Since symbolism is an after thought for a writer because they are trying so hard for their work to stand on its own merit before they start making references to bigger stories and ideas.
>>
>>81215384
By watching the film. Try that, Marvel drone. And this time without shitposting on 4chan.
>>
>>81215405
So you have no way to objectively measure the quality of a film, and need to insult others when they point it out? You sure know your kino anon
>>
I... I just can't believe some people here are being serious about BvS. I liked it alright, didn't think it deserve such bad reviews, but it's of course far, I mean very far away at being a good movie, let alone a great movie. It's just a blockbuster failing to do what blockbusters are supposed to do. Some people liked it and that's fine, but I feel like some here took the joke too far in defending it. I mean, if they really believe BvS is deserving to be compared with great or important films, I kinda feel sorry for them. They haven't seen enough movies. Probably are very young or very obsessed to prove some point against other people.

It went out of their hands. It's ridiculous, really. It's a case of study by itself. Too much time on their hands, maybe.
>>
>>81215422
Are you a fucking idiot? Are you honestly demanding objective metrics for film discussion? Just stick to your RT images Marvel pleb. Turn off your brain like you're so used to.
>>
>>81215234
Thanks for that one. Now tell me what the message is. It's a very specific one and it's tied not only the world they're building, but a slap on the wrist for the comics fans as well.

Can you explain how and why?
>>
File: 1479642002452.jpg (2MB, 1634x3886px) Image search: [Google]
1479642002452.jpg
2MB, 1634x3886px
Our boy Armond got it
>>
>>81215447
You're the one talking about objective metrics about film quality as if they existed in any way, drone, the other anon asked what's the metric in which you consider that DC BTFO Marvel and all you can do is say "quality of film" as if it meant anything and then go
>b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Disney b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Disney b-bb-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but Disney
when asked what "quality of film" meant and how it's measured.
You have no business calling anyone a pleb, kid.
>>
>>81215263
>>81215369
You have to remember that Clark acts that way because of the person he believes Bruce is. When he goes to talk to the woman whose partner Batman branded he offers to draw attention to Batman's method in the press but she says "A man like that words don't stop him, you know what stops him? A fist." So he tries to talk at first but when Bruce doesn't listen he tries to use violence to get through to him, because he thinks that's all he'll understand. When he first attacks Bruce he's not trying to kill him, he's trying to prove that Bruce can't win, so he should stop fighting. Clark says "If I wanted it you'd be dead already!" he never considers that he could actually lose, but once Bruce breaks out the kryptonite he has to start fighting for his and his mother's life.
>>
>>81215447
You started this off by making an objective statement.
By definition, you need objective metrics to back it up.
>>
>>81215387
Symbolism is great but it isn't what adds depth to a story it's the characters and the characters in BvS are weak and unconvincing.

Symbolism merely adds another perspective to what's currently being told like a metaphor, but if the story being told isn't strong, it makes the symbology look weak as well

This is why I find it odd that you guys are coming from the symbology angle to try and support this as being a "smart" movie.
>>
>>81215448
I seriously fail to see any message to it other than using the composition of a religious painting, can you please give me an explanation of what you think it means and why it's a slap on the wrist for comic book fans? genuinely interested.
>>
>>81215482
>You're the one talking about objective metrics
No I'm not you dumb pajeet. Enjoy shilling a kiddy bait franchise the Mouse shits down your throat.
>>
>>81215480
Do you not understand how Armond operates?
>>
>>81215502
Why did Bruce make a spear? You find self-sabotage to be weak writing or inconsistent with Bruce's character somehow?
>>
>>81215281
Jesus Christ, as a figure of culture, is probably the most significant icon of western civilization the world has ever seen. Superman is being placed on that level, as well. That was the point. To extrapolate further, comic mythology is being put against Greek Epic/JudeoChristian mythology and comics as a medium are being put against great literature.

Comics, in my opinion, are generally inferior to the things being compared. But the comparison is as far as social status and cultural influence is concerned, so I understand and am ever persuaded by the argument the movie makes.

But the most basic, and easily short sighted, conclusion to draft is that Supes is literally Jesus. It doesn't stop there. Also, Lex Luthor was an infinitely more intriguing character than Supes was, so go study his portrayal if you still aren't impressed.
>>
>>81215530
Is this what you consider discussing? Saying faux-objective statements like "quality of film" and then hiding behind insults and deflecting to other brands when asked what you meant?
>>
>>81215530
Obsessed with indians and eating shit. Sounds like a self-hating indian right here. It must have been one of those third world dumpster fires where this movie did great.
>>
>>81215390
>your capable of seeing
[dunning-kruger intensifies]
Stick to copypasting theories from other people, lad. Your grammar is self-defeating.
>>
>>81215551
Do you want me to discuss the artistic value of Marvels? Alright you start.
>>
>>81215541
Longinus would be the obvious parallel
>>
>>81215541
Dude I liked the movie but your "Bruce was deliberately self sabotaging" theory is so dumb. You know the reason it was a spear? It was so at the end Snyder could pay homage to the final showdown in Excalibur where Arthur draws himself forward on the lance that impaled him to deliver the killing blow to his son Mordred. Also so Batman can cut Superman's cheek like when Leonidas proved a god can bleed in 300. A lance is MYTHIC, making a kryptonite machine gun is just tacky.
>>
>>81215502
You know Wonder Woman is actually written as a literal manifestation of strong women that abandoned hopeless men? You understand her, like, 20 minutes of screen presence is more well rounded and thought out and provides more importance to a theme or narrative's motiffs than every single capeshit character prior to this movie? Symbolism is lost on the audience but so is characterization. This movie is a pleb filter.
>>
>>81215576
Not an argument. Just admit you got BTFO. Better run back to your pajeet Discord and find new irrelevant shit to bitch about. And then get BTFO again.
>>
>>81215607
No, you retard, I want you to back up your dumb statement of "quality of film" in terms that everyone can agree with since DC BTFO Marvel in those terms according to you.
You have no wiggle room to go "b-b-b-b-b-b-but Marvel" so I strongly suggest you consider not doing it, hold your opinion for once, if this is a deep masterpiece, prove it.
>>
>>81215639
>P-Please don't point out I'm shilling a massive turd
In your dreams Pajeet. Seeing you this defensive over your kiddy bait shit is all the proof needed. Keep crying.
>>
>>81215520
Of all the religious imagery in the film, this is is the scene most aimed at the audience. It's arguably telling us that Bruce sees Clark's sacrifice as something significant and a glimpse at how he can continue down the road to redemption, but there's more to it than that, I think,

Myself and several other fans have pointed out that Clark's not exclusively portrayed as Jesus, but here at last is a very specific angle where he is, at least from a comics perspective. In-world, Clark represents the out-of-place mythic-level superhero that's a poor fit for a "bat-world" like Bruce has been living in. Magic is asleep, but it exists. Diana is a representative of that past heroic age. Bruce, in this context, is a representative of the pulp heroes that preceded the coming of the superhero. Through his sacrifice, Superman's going to wake up that slumbering magic of Diana's era and usher in a new Age of Heroes.

Superman's death arc was originally written in the 90s, where the fans had embraced gritty, morally ambiguous heroes who killed mooks by the hundreds and writers were only too happy to give them all they wanted. Superman's sales declined and they boosted them with the "Death of Superman" arc.

In essence, the film is telling us that Superman died for the sins of comics fans.
>>
>>81215675
You're pathetic. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and all I got is more proof that you're a shitposter and a troll.
>>
>>81215675
Why can't you be like >>81215677 anon? He's a better poster than you'll ever be.
>>
>>81215576
One grammatical error does not an argument make, friend. I saw it myself after posting it and considered correcting it. You'll not the proper usage that immediately follows it and graciously admit it as an oversight.

Surely.
>>
>>81215705
It doesn't matter what he writes. The Marvel pajeets will still blindly wave their arms and spout their inane shit. He's admirable but ultimately wasting his time replying to third-worlder Marvel shills.
>>
>>81215732
Why can't you hold your opinions like a respectable person? By shitposting and defending your shitposting with the facts that others shitpost you're not making the discussion of BvS easier on anyone, you're stooping down to their level and hurting discussion as a whole.
Someday you'll understand why a single post like >>81215677 is more valuable than a thousand posts about Disney pajeets.
>>81215677
Thanks for explaining anon, every time I come to these threads I get something more out of this movie to check out the next time I see it, I'll try to see the meaning behind the clear reference next time.
>>
>>81215724
>One grammatical error does not an argument make
Neither is making imaginary connections, I'm not going to enable your delusions here, champ. Superman V Batman, more like The Emperor's New Clothes.

>>81215624
You're supposed to be 18 or older to post here, child.
>>
>>81215618
You're not wrong about the other references, but they don't preclude the existence of this angle. Like I said, I can back it up for days, and I have,
>>
>>81214016
>One k-bullet loaded into those auto-turrets and the fight would have been over.

But he didn't want it to be over quickly. Batman explicitly wanted to punish Superman.
>>
>>81215760
>Thanks for explaining anon, every time I come to these threads I get something more out of this movie to check out the next time I see it,

Don't kid yourself, you're as much of a horrible shitposter as the pajeet guy, only you pretend to be nice about it by politely responding to your own posts. You're spreading misinformation and imaginary connections that do nothing but foment discussion of worthless entertainment. You cannot elevate audiovisual diarrhea like Snyder's movies by means of attrition, or by attributing things that simply aren't there.
It doesn't help how you people spam the board constantly. Even if the movie had any artistic merit whatsoever, it shouldn't warrant this many threads every day.
If you're confident in your interpretations of this movie, you don't need to be reassured constantly. You're turning the board into even more of a joke.
I'm starting to think there's some truth to the spam accusations, it's just too much, too often.
>>
>>81215785
He's been BTFO you for 150 posts straight now. Eventually he'll learn it's a waste to reason to Disney pajeets pathologically obsessed with BvS. We all had to learn that lesson. You are petty, predictable and a disgusting human being.
>>
>>81211693
>Why are people unable to understand it?

I can't understand why the audience is supposed to care about either main character. One is boring and has no character arc, and the other is a murderous lunatic who does a complete 180 at the moment of truth. The central conflict of the movie is forced and the resolution is a cop out.

I do have to give Batman v Superman this: It makes Man of Steel look like The Dark Knight in comparison. Never thought I would ever type that.
>>
File: Superfeels.png (2MB, 1280x792px) Image search: [Google]
Superfeels.png
2MB, 1280x792px
>>81215760
Guys like you are why i post. I firmly believe that these films will be remembered as comic book masterpieces. Twenty years from now, they'll still be ahead of the times.
>>
>>81215880
Ah the civil appearance eventually falls down as the Disney Pajeet got destroyed in a civil argument and now has to resort to posts like this. Take the L faggot. You'll always have RT to comfort you as you go to sleep.
>>
>>81215880
I'm not that anon, I seriously thought the references to religious paintings were superficial and that anon proved me wrong with a perfectly sound explanation, which usually happens in these threads, just because I have the balls to swallow my pride and admit when I'm wrong doesn't mean that I'm that anon samefagging, it just means that I believe that there's more to the movie than meets the eye
>>
>>81215881
You're completely absorbed into some imaginary brand wars you brought from /v/, you have no room to talk about disgusting, or even being a human being. Also, shut it with the pajeet shit, you're only locating yourself.
>>
>>81215927
Thing is that anyone who has been here for longer than two days can see through your facade. You got BTFO so many times but still insist on your inane arguments due to company allegiance. Damb Pajeet.
>>
>>81215967
That's not me, anon.
I am me.
I'm also >>81215909 btw
>>
File: lolsamefag.jpg (133KB, 1316x375px) Image search: [Google]
lolsamefag.jpg
133KB, 1316x375px
>>81215880
Different guys, man.
>>
>>81215993
Point still stands, this thread we've had thousands of times. Go have OCD and post your comic book spam elsewhere.
>>
On a completely different subject, I'd like to discuss one of the things we've yet to completely unravel - the Sultan of Hajar.
>>
>>81215880
Imagine being this butthurt Marlel
>>
>>81216029
Please elaborate
>>
>>81216017
Take the L like a man you dumb fag. Now fuck off and resort to spamming RT or Evans gifs. You're better at that than an actual discussion. Now off with you smelly disneylet.
>>
>>81216042
I can't shake the feeling that it's some sort of veiled jab at Marvel Comics.

Bruce: "It's a fake, you know. The real one sold on the black market back in 1998. It now hangs about the bed of -"

Diana: "The Sultan of Hajar."

Know what else sold in 1998?

Marvel Comics.
>>
>>81215789
I don't think this is as deep or as interesting as you make it seem in your post. It's all irrelevant when the movie itself feels like a fucking chore to watch.

I genuinely would rather sit here and read you dissections of the scenes than to have to watch the movie again.
>>
>>81215892
>One is boring and has no character arc
Superman clearly does have an arc. It's all about trying to do good in a world where the "right" thing is never as simple as he wants it to be, and his very existence can cause disaster. He wants to do the right thing but often his own desires can get in the way, like when he creates an international incident to rescue Lois. Remember the scene on the balcony with Lois?

>Superman: All this time I've been living my life the way my father saw it. Righting wrongs for a ghost, thinking I'm here to do good. Superman was never real. Just the dream of a farmer from Kansas.
>Lois Lane: That farmer's dream is all some people have. It's all that gives them hope.
>[touches the S shield]
>Lois Lane: This means something.
>Superman: It did on my world. My world doesn't exist anymore.

Then he goes and talks with his father's ghost.

>Jonathan Kent: It's somethin', innit? One minute in Kansas livin' on a pancake so we come to the mountains. All downhill from here; down to the floodplain, arm at the bottom of the world. I remember one season the water came bad. I couldn't've been twelve. Dad had out the shovels and we went at it all night. We worked 'til I think I fainted, but we managed to stop the water. We saved the farm. Your grandma baked me a cake, said I was a hero. Later that day we found out we blocked the water alright - we sent it upstream. A whole Lange farm washed away. While I ate my hero cake, their horses were drowning. I used to hear them wailing in my sleep.
>Clark Kent: Did the nightmares ever stop?
>Jonathan Kent: Yeah. When I met your mother. She gave me faith that there's good in this world. She was my world. I miss you, Son.
>Clark Kent: I miss you too, Dad.

And finally when he makes the ultimate sacrifice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm12D8E_tSo

He says to Lois "This is my world. You are my world" So in the end it's the people he loves that ennoble him to do what has to be done.
>>
>>81216093
Why are you here posting pathologically for hundreds of posts if BvS disgusts you? I think you are afraid. The loss of narrative is rough for shills.
>>
>>81216074
>In 1997, Toy Biz and MEG merged to end the bankruptcy, forming a new corporation, Marvel Enterprises.[51] With his business partner Avi Arad, publisher Bill Jemas, and editor-in-chief Bob Harras, Toy Biz co-owner Isaac Perlmutter helped stabilize the comics line.[68]
Interesting, never looked at it that way but it does add up, maybe it's not intentional though.
>>
>>81216093
I think it's pretty rewatchable, I chuck it on when I want to kill 3 hours.
>>
>>81216120
I'm not the same guy. I actually just opened this thread, saw your posts, found them interesting and genuinely enjoy your interpretations of what some scenes mean, the obvious not so deep ones, and the ones that are a bit more subtle and left up to the fans.

I just genuinely found the movie to be a chore to sit through, I really wanted to like it too.
>>
>>81216052
>Take the L like a man
Is this some manner of Indian slang? I'm sorry, lad, I'm not familiar with your customs. Perhaps this movie is only digestible if you're big into Bollywood.
>>
>>81215892
I just want to point out that you claim Supes has no arc and that Batman does have an arc, and neither of them worked for you. I'm now 100% sure you don't care about arcs because you don't understand them.
>>
>>81216105

That's not a character arc. He is troubled, yes, but being troubled is not a character arc. The Superman at the beginning of Man of Steel is the exact same at the end of Batman v Superman (except for being dead).

The only thing that really changed was his perception of Batman, and that's because Batman stopped trying to kill him. I will say, maybe, that Clark would have saved his father if he had a second chance, but other than that, there's no real character arc.
>>
Why DCucks unironically believe this movie is somewhat a masterpiece? Are they really that much of uncultured swines?
Most of their arguments are like these:
>Muh hidden messages
>Muh deep simbolism
>Muh biblical reference
How are those suppose to be the ingredients for a masterpiece? Read some books, you illiterate fucks. This movie was overly-pretentious
>INB4 you're acting like a pretentious fuck
>>
>>81216193
>I'm now 100% sure you don't care about arcs because you don't understand them.

How did you come to that conclusion? Where's Superman's arc in BvS? He has none. And Batman has a shitty arc. "I want to murder you, Superman! Oh, you have a mom! Never thought of that in the 18 months I was thinking about killing you! LOL we're friends now!"
>>
>>81216203
What do you mean he didn't change? He was ready to abandon being Superman at one point before giving his life to save the world. You might as well say Peter Parker in Spider-Man 2 has no arc because he's Spider-Man at the beginning and again at the end.
>>
File: Sword of Alexander.jpg (62KB, 1027x518px) Image search: [Google]
Sword of Alexander.jpg
62KB, 1027x518px
>>81216074
I started off thinking maybe it was a reference to the rift that now exists between Marvel's movies and Marvel's TV shows, And just to make sure we're all on the same page here, is there anyone who doesn't feel that the TV shows are more faithful in tone and subject matter to the comics than the movies are? I loved Daredevil, less so Jessica Jones and Luke Cage, but overall even they(and yes, even Iron Fist) seem to more readily embrace the lore than the movies ever had.

Yes, the guy who's ultimately in charge of the TV branch, Isaac Perlmutter, *does* have a lot of common letters in his name as "the Sultan of Hajar, " but that's not it. I did find out that in Kevin Feige, who runs Marvel Studios and oversees the movie projects, received the Hollywood Showman of the Year Award back in 2013. At the time, he would have been 40 years old.

"It's the culmination of 40 years of curating."

Ultimately, it might just be this simple - embracing the praise and accolades of Hollywood is accepting fake baubles at the expense of losing the real fans.
>>
People do understand it. It's still shit though.
>>
>>81216230
The loss of civil disguise as their narrative is made transparent. Imagine being this obsessed with a movie you didn't even like. Even shitting on the awful Marvels like CW get boring after a week. But these guys are at it as if their livelihoods are dependent on it.
>>
File: barfing anime girl.jpg (82KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
barfing anime girl.jpg
82KB, 680x680px
>Books are knowledge and knowledge is power, and I am... no. Um, no. What am I? What was I saying? The bittersweet pain among men is having knowledge with no power because... because that is *paradoxical* and, um... thank you for coming.
Someone was actually paid to write this.
>>
>>81216304
and?
>>
This thread proves it - BvS is too smart for its own good. It's easier to feed audiences assembly-line Marvel productions focus-tested so all artistic input is gone.
>>
>>81216304
What's wrong with it? The guy is a nervous wreck and lost his train of thought while giving a speech, exposing the inner workings of his insecurity, shit's actually brilliant the more I think about it.
>>
>>81216312
>>81216334
>This guy convinced the government to let him experiment on an alien body and have access to a space craft
>Runs a company in which he has to have meeting with investors and make people confident in him
>Can't even give one semi competent speech
Also, literally nobody talks like him in real life. I guarantee it. He was entirely unrealistic.
>>
>>81216260
This is way overthinking the Sword of Alexander bit. It's pretty simple, Snyder is drawing a comparison between the concept of Superheroism and the story of the Gordian Knot. Cutting the knot with the sword is like Batman forcing the world to make sense. Batman cuts through the tangle of moral calculation with the blade of his own sense of righteousness. Of course the curator does says that Alexander was "A king who was also a psychopathic killer." So this isn't exactly and endorsement of Batman's methods.
>>
>>81216250

He didn't abandon being Superman. He moped around the entire movie, just like he moped around in Man of Steel. And then he put on the cape and fought a goblin.
>>
>>81216368
>having money and influence directly comes from your abilities in public speaking
You're not making sense anon
>>
>>81211693
People fear yada yada desu
>>
>>81211693
May honestly have dethroned Inception as the most cerebral multi-layered film of all time. Only time will tell if that's true though.
>>
>>81216334
What's even better is what Lex has to stop himself from saying.

"Knowledge is power and I am the most powerful man alive."

At that point, he knows who Clark is, he knows who Bruce is, and he's already struggling to process the info-dump he received from the Kryptonian database. It's a great scene.
>>
>>81216393
>He doesn't know how companies are run.
Have you never seen Bill gates or Steve Jobs or any company head? They're always meeting with people and going in front of crowds. It keep the investors happy and the people who own the stocks. It's a huge part of being a CEO.
>>
>>81216377
That's true. It also serves to foreshadow Lex using his own sword(Doomsday) to cut the knot that he himself has tied.
>>
>tfw people started laughing when Pa Kent talked about drowning horses
The whole thing was just surreal.
Just take thst scene where Superman tells Lois his parents are the reason he is the way he is. His dad walked into a tornado and forbid Clark to use his powers to save him and his mother told him not to use his powers at all. Did Clark just not listen?
Also, the fact that he looked mildly annoyed when the senate blew up was just shit.
>>
>>81216403
Okay, i'm convinced you're just being ironic shills now.
>>
>>81216428
>every successful company has a visible person at the helm
>he tells others they don't know how companies are run
>>
>>81216403
>When you explain the joke it makes it funnier!
>>
>>81211693
This movie is and always will be for intellectuals only. Simple as that.
>>
>>81216446
I used to think the same too but then I started giving them the benefit of the doubt and now I'm sure BvS is deeper than I gave it credit for
>>
>>81216452
>The name Lex is in Lex Corp
>Lex isn't the visible head of the company.
>Wayne isn't the visible head of Wayne E.
>Stark isn't the visible head of Stark Industries
>>
File: Lex - Lab coat.jpg (935KB, 2880x1800px) Image search: [Google]
Lex - Lab coat.jpg
935KB, 2880x1800px
>>81216446
It's true, though. That's what's going on in that scene. How far gone Lex really is is up for debate, but it is at least in part him cracking under the strain of the knowledge he's absorbed and him setting up Clark to later view him as a legit nutjob.

Even better, his whole story about Prometheus is way more applicable to Clark, who sided with humanity against his fellow Kryptonian "gods." You don't know if Lex is so far gone that he's unaware of this or perfectly aware of it and just lording his intellect over the audience who either can't see it or won't question it.

Personally, I think he was totally aware of the comparison he was making.
>>
>>81216440
>His dad walked into a tornado and forbid Clark to use his powers to save him and his mother told him not to use his powers at all.

Why are people this dumb allowed to watch movies?
>>
>>81216503
That doesn't mean that
a: every company has a visible person at the helm, S.A. corporations are a thing, and
b: that you NEED good public speaking skills to inherit a company or be at the helm of it
>>
>>81212017
wouldnt that be....

mommy issues?!

AAAWWWW YEAH
>>
>>81216491
>>81216472
I love the parrelels this movie drew with marvel civil war and how batman trying to kill superman becuase of his parents is a metaphor for when tony stark wanted to kill winter soldier for killing his parents and how Martha is a literal embodiment of Tony Starks mom
>>
>>81213818
This. 1 fucking year of getting BTFO mercilessly by /tv/ intellectuals and marvelshills are still spouting the same BS.
>>
>>81216530
Not him, but even better. Compare how glib he is in literally every other scene to that one. It was a setup.
>>
>>81215480
I didn't understand anything he was trying to say
>>
This movie is just a worse version of civil war, like the guy who sets up the two heros to fight at the end in BvS can't keep his fucking mouth shut. Even is just trying to save his friend while Tony just wants to not be held accountable for the avengers through guilt and these too desires actually cause conflict between the two characters that makes sense. Batman and superman have no clue who each other are and their conflict is entirely based around a misunderstanding and their is no moral question the movie poses.
>>
>>81216655
>This movie is just a worse version of civil war,
Screencapped
>>
Great thread. I have picked up some details that I hadn't noticed before. Thanks for the insight. We are breaking the conditioning.
>>
File: 1_Armond-thumb-220x330-10562[1].jpg (27KB, 220x330px) Image search: [Google]
1_Armond-thumb-220x330-10562[1].jpg
27KB, 220x330px
>In this age of petty Marvels, most comic-book movies merely perpetrate fantasies of power, but Snyder, enacting his personal aesthetic, braves a film that examines those fantasies. He boldly challenges popular culture’s current decay. Man of Steel was a magnificent, hugely satisfying response to what’s often missing in pop culture, and Batman v Superman raises more ideas without (yet) resolving them. An attempt to invoke other superheroes from the DC Comics stable, starting with Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot, accompanied by tribal drums that recall Snyder’s overawed feminist fantasia, Sucker Punch), ultimately goes unfulfilled. And Snyder, obliged to placate the Marvel hordes, lets a couple of fight scenes devolve into Avengers-trite turmoil.
>>
>>81216738
This. I've learned something new from our friends at DChad Alpha Phi fraternity. Marvel numales utterly BTFO yet again and forever will be.
>>
>>81216738
You're trying to bring about a new conditioning, if anything,
>>
>>81216700
BvS climactic titular confrontation is so weak they had to throw in a boss monster to make for it, while civil war hints at one but instead we get a fight between too characters that are actually friends and have something to lose from fighting each other and their fight is actually the climax of the film.
>>
>>81216740
This is why I love this guy. It's praise and acknowledgement for what it does right and criticism of the places where it drops the ball.
>>
>>81216800
> while civil war hints at one but instead we get a fight between too characters that are actually friends and have something to lose from fighting each other and their fight is actually the climax of the film.
AHAHAHAHA LOL

Shut up pajeet you've already lost.
>>
>watch movie in theater
>hate it
>come to /tv/ to discuss it
>people are seeing things I couldn't even possibly believe were there
>their knowledge makes me feel ignorant and stupid
>my reaction is to insult them and deny every single claim they do
>the idea that it was deeper than I could ever understand kept eating my insides
>rewatch it in theater
>hate it
>try to discuss where's the depth
>actually knowledgeable people explain where it is, their explanations are sound
>Armond releases his review and praises its style
>the suspicion that it was deeper than I could understand becomes a certainty
>react aggressively
>realize it doesn't change the fact that a cape movie was too deep for me
>swallow my pride and let the fans be
>still wonder if it is better than I remember it was
Guess I'll watch the ultimate edition, sorry for the shitposting DC fans, I can be awfully insecure sometimes.
>>
>>81216793
A conditioning of thinking for yourself and questioning perceived authorities
>>
>>81216883
Perhaps, perhaps not.

When I see dissenting opinions shouted down with claims of ignorance and agenda, I don't think of freedom.
>>
>>81215486
why even argue with these people? half the time i think they literally didnt watch the movie and the other half i think they're just retarded.
>>
>>81216963
And I'm sure that's what they think of you.
>>
File: 1458704512615.png (184KB, 770x711px) Image search: [Google]
1458704512615.png
184KB, 770x711px
>Be DCuck
>BvS is gonna be kino!!!!
>It will BTFO the overrated Marvel cinematic universe, HYPE!
>Watch cinemasins video saying BvS will stomp Civil War
>Early scores start plummeting
>T-Those are paid Marvel reviews
>Go watch the movie
>Beaten dead horse origin story
>The movie doesn't get good, it gets confusing actually
>Half an our later
>The movie still doesn't get good and it gets more confusing
>One hour later
>People start losing interest and start hearing more and more people talking
>Jump scare scene
>Some kid start crying probably because Father thought it was a family friendly superhero movie like Marvel
>One hour more later you notice people start to leave the theater
>More and more people leave as the movie goes further
>I clench my teeth and my eyes start getting watery as more people leave
>Final fight last 1 minute, all the few people left have "that's it?" face
>Walk fast away from the theater
>Delete all the comicvine threads I made positively shilling BvS
>Stop buying comics
>Early Suicide Squad scores start plummeting
>notthistime
>Stop being a DCuck
>Stop caring about DC
>Start making fun of DC now
>>
>>81216991
You did good, anon.
>>
>>81216963
I just like talking about it because I think it's an underappreciated movie.
>>
>>81216246
Superman goes from being unsure of his actions to doing them regardless of consequence. He isn't afraid to do the right thing.

Batman's arc is setup properly and executed superbly, it's not my fault you have shit taste
>>
>>81216812
>>81216740
>If a famous man says it must be right
>If it's different it must be good
lmao a'ight, anon
>>
The problem with Batman vs. Superman is that much of the plot doesn't pass the "so what" test. Like Lois's investigation of Lex's mercenaries and their special Lex-branded bullets. An absurd scheme to frame Superman for wrecking an African village which leads to Superman being summoned to court. But so what? The courtroom is blown up before Superman says a word and the entire subplot is never mentioned again. Lex tries to prejudice Batman and Superman against one another by stealing disability checks and sharing articles about Batman branding criminals. So what? The fight is eventually staged by simply kidnapping Superman's mom, rendering Lex's preceding machinations completely pointless. Abysmal storytelling and an unforgiveable waste of time in a movie that despite a bloated 3+ hours length, can't even spare a few minutes to give Superman more than 42 lines or squeeze in scenes for Wonder Woman to talk to anyone other than Bruce Wayne.

In contrast, Marvel's Civil War is a masterpiece of efficient storytelling. Batman vs Superman struggles to effectively tell a story about a couple of superheroes, one villain and a love interest. Civil War manages to credibly weave over a dozen heroes into a tightly-focused story, two of whom are main characters, half of which are properly developed and characterised and all of whom, even the "guest stars", get something cool to say or do. Even Falcon gets more dialogue in Civil War than Superman does in his own movie! "Quip"-filled though it may be, the conversations in Civil War flow like real banter between real people, and do a good job of conveying the personalities of the characters. Zack Snyder seems to believe a few pompous pronouncements and Biblical motifs are enough to secure the audiences empathy with his heroes. But they aren't. Hence Batman vs Superman's 27% RT score, Razzie award, and failure to reach $1bn despite starring the two biggest names in the comic book industry
>>
>>81216472
>Intellectuals only
>Loves a low culture movie
Pick one, moron.
>>
>>81217240
>the plot doesn't pass the "so what" test
>leads to Superman being summoned to court. But so what? The courtroom is blown up before Superman says a word
that's the point
>The fight is eventually staged by simply kidnapping Superman's mom, rendering Lex's preceding machinations completely pointless.
Without Lex's machinations, Bruce would not be in possession of the Kryptonite nor would he have the necessary motivations. The Nairobi Incident was essential to getting Superman at the capital, but also to getting Lois to that rooftop, and in turn Superman to face off against Batman in Gotham.
>can't even spare a few minutes to give Superman more than 42 lines
Did you ever consider that Superman lacking a voice is a major theme of the story? Do you really analyze films like a diet, measuring proportionality like you need an hourly supply of quips from each character group?
>"Quip"-filled though it may be, the conversations in Civil War flow like real banter between real people
"Vengeance has consumed you. It's consuming them. I'm done letting it consume me."
Yeah no. People like the dialogue in Civil War because it spoonfeeds motivation and destroys any sense of ambiguity.
And is "good" dialogue really supposed to sound like "real people" in the first place? Is that what writers like Sorkin, Tarantino and the Coen Brothers did to win all those awards?

Snyder, BvS really is a pleb filter
>>
>>81216368
Yeah dude there's no eccentric billionaires. Except Jeff Bezos. Or America's fucking president.
>>
Personally I'm loving how deep superhero discussion has gotten thanks to these films.
>>
>>81218104
There is no other superhero film that can be discussed at this level. It is the absolute artistic high point and possibly even peak of the genre.
>>
>>81217938
>People like Civil War because it spoon feeds them motivation
God damn I love reading my thoughts from another human being. It makes mre believe I'm not out of my mind. Civil War was trash
>>
>>81218220
TDK flirts with this to some degree. The Caesar conversation at the dinner between Bruce, Harvey, RACHAEL!!, and whore #189 was pretty good. It has only a few layers and it's very blatant, but the scene is memorable enough and executed fine. It's probably same tier as the scene where Clark meets the wife of the man Batman brands. "He only understands fists" is about as blunt as the "you either die a hero..." line.
>>
>>81216140
Why do you keep silently bumping your shill threads for half a day?
>>
>>81211914
Interesting cause I didnt think it was hard to comprehend. Was good as shit objectively.
>>
>>81216863
It's cool. It takes some time to fully absorb. They're using the characters in a way that is seldom, if ever, shown anywhere outside some of the most prestigious one-shot stories.

I remain amazed that these movies have even been made.
>>
>>81211693
This film was boring
>>
>>81211693
>unironically believing that Snyder is visionary director
These threads never cease to amaze. At least Marveldrones have no problem admitting that their brand of capeshit is just dumb action flicks with pretty colors. You guys are acting as if the DCEU is some kind of brilliant chain of masterpieces.
>>
>>81216246
>I bet your parents taught you that you mean something, that you're here for a reason. My parents taught me a different lesson, dying in a gutter for no reason at all.
Holy fuck how can you be so retarded. Batman doesn't spare his life because he realizes Superman is a human with a mom. His beef with Superman never had to do with his being alien, it was all about how much power he had, his dangerous potential.
When he hears Martha, he is reminded of his parents' death because it is a trigger word, his father uttered it with his dying breath.
This memory forces him to decontextualize what he is doing. He takes a good look at himself, a man with a weapon pointed at another man, on the ground, pleading for the life of a woman named Martha. He has become his father's killer.
He had become so concerned with family legacy, he wanted to be like his father who clenched his fist and rushed at a man with a gun, trying to win an impossible fight, but he had forgotten why he had become Batman. He wanted to create a world where sons wouldn't lose their mothers to cruel men, this idealism was crushed by decades of enduring the harsh realities of the world, and he became more concerned with being a punisher, a hunter, but not a hero.
It's a beautiful story about redemption, but you are either too stupid or too stubborn to see it.
>>
>>81218351
There are dozens of us.
>>
File: Joker - Hanged Man.jpg (47KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
Joker - Hanged Man.jpg
47KB, 590x350px
>>81218484
I defy you to find anyone calling Suicide Squad a masterpiece.

The kindest thing I have to say about it is at least the world-building went went in the direction I predicted it would.
>>
>>81218550
Suicide Squad was disjointed as fuck and doomed from the start because there was a lot of executive meddling behind the scenes. It's a shit film with a meme soundtrack and maybe a couple of enjoyable performances. But DChads won't shut up about their non-Oscar.

I'm more talking about the entire body of work. DC has some great source material that could have been adapted to much acclaim but WB fucked up big time by putting Snyder in charge. It takes a lot of talent to make a bad film with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in it. BvS was such a disappointment.
>>
>>81218709
>meme soundtrack
Shut the fuck up, Suicide Squad's soundtrack was legitimately great. I am floored by the amount of money that they put into licensing all those excellent songs. The problem is they used each of them for like ten seconds. I don't know if that was part of the deal or if they seriously don't know how to use music so they just keep changing songs constantly.
>>
>>81218709
>DC has some great source material that could have been adapted to much acclaim

And they adapted some of it. You just refuse to see it. People point it out to you and you will continue to insist it isn't there, writing off everything people point out as "unintended coincidence."

As for the Oscar, yeah, I don't blame a single fan for pointing it out. It speaks volumes for what fellow insiders think of the Marvel brand, that they haven't secured a single ensorsement from the Academy in better than a dozen films.
>>
>>81218799
How they used them is the problem here. All of them are great songs on their own. But like you said they're not given time to shine in the film. If they had picked two or three songs instead they could have weaved them better within the narrative. It would have been more meaningful.

>>81218807
You misunderstand. I don't need anything pointed out to me. I grew up with the comics. This is why it's sad to see the direction things are going. Do you mean to tell me that this was the best possible outcome? That this is the best we could have gotten? It feels like they didn't even try. But on the other hand here we are talking about this as if capeshit is high art. It's all a product and money is the only decision making factor. That's why the films are bad.

And make up is a non-Oscar even if you don't want to admit it. Nowadays at least. There was better make up in The Thing.
>>
>>81218371
Thank you anon, it took some strength to admit that BvS was literally too deep for me.
>>
>>81218987
>You misunderstand. I don't need anything pointed out to me

Not trying to bait you into any sort of trap here or anything, but have you been a frequent participant in these threads over the past year?
>>
>>81219263
Yes. I've seen all the arguments about how 2deep4u the DCEU is. I am now convinced that Snyder fans are either blind or retarded and on the other end of the spectrum that Marveldrones just don't give a shit about art.
>>
>>81219347
You are a major butthurt fag. How long have you been in this thread now? Seek help. This isn't healthy.
>>
>>81219347
>I am now convinced that Snyder fans are either blind or retarded

I that your way of calling everything we point out coincidence and "headcanon?"
>>
>>81219399
This >>81218484 was my first post in this thread but keep projecting.

>>81219400
But it's true. If you think Snyder is a master of visual storytelling there's something wrong with you. I have to deal with these shitty films like every other fan but I'm not going out of my way to find meaning where there isn't none. That's the hand we were dealt. An idiot director at the helm and a desire to make more money than Marvel as the sole reason for the DCEU's existence.
>>
>>81219585
No it wasn't. People can tell you've been in this thread for hours leaking butthurt all over the place.
>>
File: 1485490532172.png (153KB, 1254x1138px) Image search: [Google]
1485490532172.png
153KB, 1254x1138px
>>81211693
/TV/ had a thread yesterday talking about how Triumph of the Will was shit too.

It can't understand the visual art. It just needs quips and tits to approve of a film.

AKA:
TV is for Joints and flicks; its not ready for KINO.
>>
>>81219635
>it's just one guy with a different opinion shitting up muh DC threads
>it can't be that a lot of people can see through the lies and the shilling

Whatever you say buddy.
>>
Snyder has changed beyond a director for me, hes a revolution, a force of nature, something few people will ever understand
>>
>>81218484
but it is, some of the movies even have oscars. now what do you have pajeet? you don't even have a toilet.
>>
>>81219585
So let me get this straight:

You're literally saying that everything we discuss, every last jot and tittle, is all just us seeing things that aren't there, regardless of how well they correlate to the lore, how well they dovetail into what fans know about the characters, and what it has allowed us to predict about upcoming projects time and time again?

How are we to take a word of anything you say seriously? Why should we? You're not even to extend us the benefit of the doubt. All you got is, "Nah, not there. Just coincidence. Just three hours worth of coincidence that adds up to precisely what they've been saying for months."

But yeah, you're so right. *We're* the blind ones. I can't recall ever seeing this many real-world examples of irony in my entire life.
>>
>>81219653
>They were wrong in this Nazi propaganda movie
>Therefore they ALL must be wrong in this shitty movie as well that has no relation with the first movie at all
AKA
Not using logic at all. Nice way of thinking shill
>>
>>81211693
flaws of this flick:

>moronic louis lane subplot
>wonder woman
>doomsday
>mark zuckerberg gone mad pretending to be lex luthor
>moronic desert action with terrorists and other moronic shit
>bad filmmaking(no scene leads to the next, they're all just thrown in there randomly, and they all last 2-3 minutes)

good points of this flick:

>ben affleck as batman/bruice wayne
>batsuit, batcave, wayne manor, alfred, etc. all things batman related really

all in all, the marvel flicks are better, and i say that as someone who prefers DC to marvel any day
>>
>>81220830
You have shit taste
>all marvel movies are better
Kill yourself
>>
Snyder unironically can't into character development
>>
>>81211693
It's ultimate achievement is that it truly fails on every level. As narrative, as entertainment, as symbolism, both on the surface and in depth. That's something very few movies can claim, and it makes it a memorable experience.
>>
>>81221754
no you have shit taste
>>
>>81220830
I'm also a huge DC and yeah marvel is muuuuuch better.

And seriously we really can't let Snyder get hold of the nuclear codes.
>>
>>81212264
This.

It's a movie made for high schoolers who think they are philosophy warriors.
>>
File: bvs deepest lore.png (862KB, 1916x796px) Image search: [Google]
bvs deepest lore.png
862KB, 1916x796px
>>81211693
/tv/ is full of posters who are that critical combination of stupid, but with a massive superiority complex

While most people who watched BvS grew weary of Snyder beating us over the head with his on-the-nose symbolism (literally, in the case with Doomsday and the monument), BvS fans convince themselves that they were the only ones who "got it". This creates cognitive dissonance. Discussing the movie becomes a way of asserting their own intelligence, with increasingly absurd connections and interpretations being drawn out in essay-length posts of gibberish.

Most people were put off by Goyer's terrible dialogue, the messy plot, the dour characters, the shoehorned DCEU shilling and the tonal and editing issues. But to a BvS fan, the only reason somebody wouldn't enjoy the movie is if they didn't understand it.
>>
>>81222509
How many times have you made these replies now in just this thread? Your obsession with BvS is disturbing. Your criticism empty and petty and also filled with misinformation.
>>
>>81222547
>misinformation
Explain
>>
>>81219924
/tv/ praise marvel civil war (joint designed to please audiences and make money) but hate art films designed to have many layers of meaning (kino).

Keep being a pleb, pleb.
>>
>>81222667
Keep being a retard, retard.
You know that /tv/ is not some constant group of people, right? Or you're that autistic? Redditors also come to this site to put some shitty threads, besides
>/tv/ praise marvel civil war
lmao everyone, except marveldrones, think CW was a mediocre action flick, get out of your autistic world or kill yourself. And btw
>Muh movie is shit so instead I will shit on other movies so my movie doesn't look that much of a big pile of shit.
This is the problem with DCucks and Marveldrones, instead of actually giving a good review to their movies, they shit on each other movies, grow the fuck up, you manchild retards.
PS: "hate art films designed to have many layers of meaning (kino)." If you think just because a movie has symbolism is a kino... TOP KEK Fuck off pleb. Go watch some Kurosawa's films, those are real kino, unlike your pretentious low culture capeshits.
Thread posts: 306
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.