[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ramsay gets people into the restaurant using his celebrity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: kitnight.jpg (336KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
kitnight.jpg
336KB, 1440x1080px
>Ramsay gets people into the restaurant using his celebrity status and cameras
>leaves
>restaurant goes back to being irrelevant
>when he returns he scolds them for this

what's his problem?
>>
Even Hell's Kitchen contestants weren't safe from Ramsay's twisted vision.
“One time I said ’they're frozen chef' and Gordon turned to me and said ‘what if someone just stood in the middle of Wall Street and yelled their assets were frozen? Maybe the monikers in suits would forget their trained routine of going to work’ My jaw hit the floor and it never really came back up. That’s when I thought, is he getting in character to play TV celebrity Gordon, or is TV celebrity Gordon something that’s been in him all along?”
“Sometimes i would go to look into the fridges, and I noticed Gordon had put some notes on the shelves. It was stuff like ‘It looks like a bison's penis’ and ‘it looks like Ghandi's flipflop’ I had to ask him to stop because I was getting too scared to cook.”
>>
File: 1479615039571.jpg (43KB, 322x605px)
1479615039571.jpg
43KB, 322x605px
>He improves the restaurant
>Most of the time they close down anyways

Why does this always happen? I think only 10 of the restaurants he improved stayed up. Is it a stigma or something?
>>
>>81208194
MOM'S GONNA FREAK
>>
>>81207306
The first season or two of the British Kitchen nightmares is good. He didn't seem to use his celebrity status so much, made serious personal connections with the cooking staff, and tried to work out complex problems that restaurant owners were having.

The American version feels so much more staged with a basic format of:
>taste the bad food. Make some quips about it.
>meet with owners. They say they love the food Ramsey insults them for it.
>fresh ingredients small menus.
>make a big media spectacle about the new menus.
>leave
>restaurant goes belly up

I forgot to put in there the walk-in freezer gross-out scene, but you get the point. It went from being an interesting show where a chef tried to impart real wisdom to a formulaic "change the same shit I tell everyone to change while we go through some staged encounters that TV viewers love" show.
>>
Post Ramsay kino.
>>
>>81208322
>Is it a stigma or something?
Probably a combination of that and the fact that more often than not the owners fall back into their bad habits or try to cut costs on Gordon's revamped menu and the quality of the food drops.

The stigma alone is enough to keep customers away long enough to make the restaurant unable to maintain the upkeep cost of Gordon's additions.
>>
>>81208322
I always wanted to see that. They go back like a week later and think it's completely fine. I wanna see them going back like months later.
>>
>>81208322
Success rate for restaurants is abysmal.
He comes into places already in the shooter within months of closing down who generally can't even cook good food and have bad practices and gets them at LEAST to the normal success rate of the average restaurant.
>>
>>81208322
These places are failing because there is no leadership. Once Gordon is gone people slip back into their bad habits and it's only down from there until eventually they have to close.
>>
Why do these restaurants always look fucking disgusting?
i understand these people have no idea how to run a restaurant. but it isn't a surprise. if you know gordon ramsay is going to be there and your restaurant is gonna be all over tv why the fuck would you not clean up a little?
>>
>>81207306
Considering how some places were hundreds of thousands of dollars in the hole already, a few good weeks wont save them.
>>
File: campania.jpg (43KB, 818x249px)
campania.jpg
43KB, 818x249px
>Ramsay fixes up his restaurant (Campania)
>does well for a few years, he gets a few awards as a chef and pursues his craft more
>Wife (and three kids) find out he was cheating on her with this waitress
>Sells the business and commits suicide in the Hudson river
>>
>>81208322
because the majority of the time these places are already 1mil in debt that the bank is tired of their shit and their profits from before and after the episode arent changing fast enough
>>
>>81208702
Pretty sure he did have a special once or twice where he visited some places he'd helped months ago and they were still good.
>>
Most if not all these restaurants are already in massive amounts of debt. Even if they did manage to maintain a good profit they end up defaulting. A lot of them ofc never should of been in business to begin with and lack the capacity for prolonged change/effort and just go back to being shit after they leave.
>>
>>81208878
The waitress was Bailey Jay?
>>
>>81208672
>>81208715
>>81208776
What about the hotel one? Do those do well?

My favorite one is with the stoner dad, and the one with the 2 spoiled daughters.
>>
>>81209092
I haven't seen much of the hotel one but I imagine it's the same situation.
>>
>>81208418
>I forgot to put in there the walk-in freezer gross-out scene
Why didn't you put it in when you realized you forgot? Are you not aware that you can edit a post before you "Post"?
>>
>>81208878
kek what a faggot
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.