[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you miss 2001-2006, /tv/? After 9/11, but before social media

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1490748078608.jpg (144KB, 521x521px) Image search: [Google]
1490748078608.jpg
144KB, 521x521px
Do you miss 2001-2006, /tv/? After 9/11, but before social media fucked everything up? A weird limbo between the modern world and the old world.
>>
>>81201225

Lizzie McGuire was kino
>>
No.
Slow internet, loading screens and mobile intranet.
>limbo between modern and old
You still had RuneScape, MapleStory, WoW, D2, GunBound, Ragnarok, MiniClip, YouTube, ShockWave, Neopets
Modern has only been about tech illiterate normies catching up, inflating the garbage and casualising the obscure
>>
>>81201225
no i miss 1997
>>
>>81201225
Sometimes. This all seems to be happening so fast so its pretty easy to get nostalgic even if I don't remember it all that well.
>>
>Big Wolf
>Even Stevens
>Smart Guy
Do I ever... rushing home to watch this shit after school was legit.
>>
>>81201225
Was in high school and college during this time. Seems like so long ago. It will not be remembered as lovingly as the '80s or '90s are, let me tell you that.

All the kids who grew up in this era just don't seem to give as much of a fuck about nostalgia.

In prior decades, fads and trends tended to last a while. They never really got "replaced" so rapidly. In the 2000s, you started to see that happening. Everything felt like a flash in the pan, eyes always kept forward for the next thing rather than being content with the things you always had.

i.e. shows like Ninja Turtles spanned the late 80s through the mid-late 90s, Rugrats lasted the entire 90s, movies like Beauty and the Beast were airing in theaters or on TV constantly... You had a lot of time to appreciate things in the earlier decades
>>
>>81201754
>All the kids who grew up in this era just don't seem to give as much of a fuck about nostalgia.
I disagree. I know 20-24 year olds who constantly wax nostalgic about That's So Raven and stuff like that.
>>
>>81201225
>all this trash and yet no Billy&Mandy
what faggot made this image?
>>
No, I miss the early-mid 90s.
>>
>>81201225
It was okay, if only because I had a good childhood. I don't think the era was particularly special, and even then, if it was, I didn't know anything else as a child.

I've been on the internet since like 2000 though and never done social media so nothing much ever really changed for me.
>>
Awful.
>>
>>81201225
>All Grown Up
Why'd you remind me.

>Totally Spies
It was pretty amazing how many fetishes they put in that.

Also who is the blonde brace-face on the bottom right? Looks familiar.
>>
>>81202363
Sabrina the Teenage Witch.
>>
>>81203040
No, it's Braceface
>>
ALL GROOOWN UP
>(I really wanna shout it out!)
ALL GROOWN UP
>(I want the WORLD to knooow!)
ALL GROOOWN UP
>(I really wanna shout it out!)
ALL GROWN UP
WITH
YOOOOOOOUUUUUUU
>>
File: IMG_3324.jpg (40KB, 442x383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3324.jpg
40KB, 442x383px
Suburban white kid thread?
>>
File: 1452496224429.jpg (83KB, 460x287px) Image search: [Google]
1452496224429.jpg
83KB, 460x287px
No it was shit. Middle and high school were shit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.