[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Red Letter Media

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 1382107530630.jpg (115KB, 919x720px) Image search: [Google]
1382107530630.jpg
115KB, 919x720px
What I dislike about RLM is the creator's obnoxious lack of a sincere & dedicated approach to anything they do. Jay and Mike both revel in their ironic detachment, exemplified most of all in their sarcasm and bad acting. As if preemptively shielding themselves from criticism by releasing something deliberately half-assed. It is emblematic to me of the creator's lack of genuine insight or a lack of conviction in their own ability. Which would be understandable given the personalities behind the show itself.

Half-assing is only real philosophy of the creators. The show is conceived & shaped through a click-bait understanding of film, a lifetime of media addiction & the only partially digested nietzschean philosophy of the creators. It knowingly spouts the kind of lazy, autodidact, self-serving, personal philosophy of those weaned in the information-era: "Nothing really matters so do whatever you want."

It's a half-baked nihilism dressed up as cynical realism used to justify a shallow unexamined lifestyle of hedonistic "Dopamine is the greatest good". Ironically championed by those who consider themselves more knowledgeable than the rest of the world because they're armed with an internet connection and a wikipedia tab. It aims to make its audience feel smart & clever without making them think too hard. To validates the choices they've already made & reinforces their lifestyles. To makes them feel superior while downplaying their own shortcomings.

In other words. It's reddit.
>>
File: file.png (388KB, 461x581px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
388KB, 461x581px
>>81197408
>>
File: rich.jpg (127KB, 1054x738px) Image search: [Google]
rich.jpg
127KB, 1054x738px
>>
>>81197408
>someone took time to write all this at some point
>>
>posting in a literal shill thread
>>
File: 1481429814897.jpg (15KB, 299x293px) Image search: [Google]
1481429814897.jpg
15KB, 299x293px
>>81197408
>In other words. It's reddit.
Been seeing this bullshit getting thrown around a lot today. Is it because of all the Rick and Morty threads?
>>
>>81197408
>I dislike RLM for the very reason that they're popular
Okay?
>>
>>81197959
this is literally a pasta about reddit & memey with 3 words changed
>>
>>81198230
hey you should look up pasta and valid critique and what they mean because they're different things
>>
>>81197408
Is this a new copypasta?
>>
>>81197408

Other than the "reddit" comment at the end this, pasta is a spot-on critique of RLM.
>>
What do you expect? Any persons dedicated their lives to the noble art of Kike money making (Hollywood) clearly are fucking plebs that wouldn't recognize true art if it sucked their cock
>>
>Mike makes fun of millennial psychologists in his TFA video
>millennial psychologists write shit like this
It's like poetry
>>
>>81198230
that's weird because I actually agree with OP if it's about RLM but disagree with it if it's about R&M
>>
>>81197408
will this replace rich evans
>>
>>81197408
>lack of a sincere & dedicated approach to anything they do
Oh you mean like actors? You're bothered by people pretending to be other people for the cameras? They play pretend for the cameras and it bothers you because they're not being themselves, because of your crippling autism.
How old are you, and how did you manage to become this oblivious at your age? Stop embarrassing yourself.
>>
>>81199042
Hi, OP. Go take your lithium.
>>
>>81197408
>It aims to make its audience feel smart
I liked the part where they threw the beer bottle and then had sound effect of bottle breaking noise really mad me think hard
>>
>>81199398
Do you defend your real life friends in every RLM thread?
>>
>>81199618
No, why would I defend my real life friends in these threads? You sound schizophrenic.
Question: Are you a fan of Channel Awesome?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.