[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

What went wrong?
>>
wtf they made a fourth one?
>>
>>81195131
Worse, they made a fifth one.
>>
They forgot to include butt pirates
>>
Felt like a stopgap until something big happened again. I'll keep watching these until they're sick of making them tho.
>>
It felt really low budget (in a bad way) despite costing $410 million to make.
I'm pretty hyped for the new movie though.

This too >>81196535
It didn't really feel like there was a big threat at all like with Barbossa and Davy Jones.
>>
>>81195104
It was really good, desu.

Much better than 3, at least.
>>
It felt more like a pirate movie instead of muh epic fantasy of movies 2 and 3, which is good, but it was so far removed from 1 (no Will and the gang, really just Jack and Barbarossa) that it didn't really have the PotC feel
>>
I can't even remember the curse that new guy had.
>>
Let me count the many ways

>No Pintel and Ragetti
Self-explanatory.

>Blackbeard
He wasn't nearly intimidating enough, I thought. Skeleton Barbossa and Davy Jones set a HIGH standard for villains and Blackbeard didn't live up to it.

>Penelope Cruz
"Let's make a female Jack character XD"
Her acting was fine but her character was entirely dependent on Jack. You never got to like her as her own person. Just felt like "Jack's love interest character," whereas Elizabeth was given her own goals/motivations aside from Will.

>Overall plot
The singular plotline felt bare-bones and predictable. Not many memorable scenes. Didn't add much to the lore aside from the Queen Anne's revenge + mermaids
>>
A lot of the screenplay was initially going to be a Monkey Island movie. What went wrong is that they didn't make a Monkey Island movie.
>>
>tfw no more DUUU YUUU FEAHR DEATH

>>81195104
That movie was redeemed by the last scene where Jack leaves that bitch on that island.
>>
>>81196717
He didn't have one. He had a sword that controlled his ship's rigging and was able to create zombies, something closer to the original Vodoun variant. Fully conscious, unable to feel pain, but corporeal and subservient.

>>81195104
Blackbeard was what ruined the movie for me. I like Ian McShane, but Blackbeard doesn't have the tragic backstory the former villains had.

Barbossa and Crew
>undead
>sassy af
>practically immortal
>don't feel a single thing except hunger and thirst, so they don't get to enjoy anything in their state

Davy Jones
>I AM THE SEA!
>free movement on, in and through all things associated with it.
>mutated due to neglecting his duties
>immortal
>driven mad from heartbreak
>skilled organ player

Blackbeard
>some asshole with a magical sword
>wants to be immortal
>would even sacrifice his daughter without a second thought - completely remorseless
>>
>>81196897
>No Pintel and Ragetti
Yep, and I'm distraught to see they brought back the guy they used to sloppily replace them for the next installment.
>>
Gore Verbinski left
>>
>>81195131
the fourth movie (on stranger tides) is the 21st highest grossing film ever made, with or without inflation with 1.1billion in the box office
>>
>>81197922
really?

I don't remember much hype about it at all.

They waited too long after At World's End to make it.

It's like how Avatar 2 probably won't have much hype, compared to if it had come out in 2011.
>>
>>81196931
The fourth one is based on an unrelated YA book and had Sparrow and Barbossa shoved into it.
The first one is MI in all but name because both MI and PotC got their inspiration from the Dineyland ride, and I for one think the first one does its job quite well.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.