[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

im about to into this What expect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

im about to into this

What expect?
>>
Good action scenes. Dont expect a story as good as band of brothers tho
>>
mind-numbing sappy melodrama then drawn-out, bleak as fuck combat scenes where you don't recognize any character under all the gunfire, shouting and explosions
>>
>>81178132
most characters are pretty boring and forgettable, some really lame episodes
retarded japs rushing until their corpses literally form piles

Episode 5-7 and 9 have goat fighting scenes though
>>
>>81178239

goat fighting scenes?????

>>
>>81178132
First half of the series is based off "Helmet for My Pillow" by Robert Leckie and is not as interresting as the second part based on "with the old breed" by Eugene Sledge and is much better.
>>
>>81178132
Bad green screens with semi decent jungle fighting sprinkled throughout the show. I think that kike shane from walking dead is in it at some point.
>>
Basilone dies.
>>
>>81178586
it's not like anyone cares
>>
>>81178278
Yeah didn't you know the japanese used to send goats infected with sars into the lines of the americans?
>>
>>81178586
Basilone was my great uncle not even joking
>>
Not as good as band of brothers .
Only maybe 3 characters are any bit good or interesting.

However I would say that in comparison to bob , there's a better bit about the effects of the war on people

Don't wana spoil anything but the quail hunting scene was good.

Other than that its fairly bad compared to bob

Only other semi good war tv series I can think of is generation kill , which ended up kinda crap in the end.

There's a German tv show called deutchland 83 ,
It's a tv show about soldiers but it's more of a spy thriller with an east German going undercover as a spy in the west German army. Not like bob or Pacific , just that it's also a military tv series. But it's excellent actually a better series than the Pacific
>>
Sorry for the double posting.
But it got me thinking is there any other good military tv shows?
I remember watching that show the unit , years back but it wasn't great. And I watched a few episodes of that new series Six , about seal team six, but that's all a bit over dramatic like the unit.
Hogans heroes is probably more grounded than the unit and six lol

Anyone got any recommendations?
>>
Infinitely better than BoB; more emotional resonance and a much more visceral impact. The Okinawa episode does more in a single ep than BoB did during its entire run. But don't try to tell the manchildren that, they'll just whine about the fact there's a woman in one episode or that characters talk sometimes.
>>
File: snafu.webm (2MB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
snafu.webm
2MB, 624x352px
>>81178239
>Snafu
>boring and forgettable
>>
>>81178132
At the end, I actually like it more then BoB. BoB felt like the old war movies from 60´s redone to look like Saving Private Rayen. The Pacific has a lot of weak or even bland moments but it shows how thinks looks and felt behind the battle line which was nice change. To a some degree imagine MASH being played straight. No jokes, no satire just bunch of tired depressed and mentally broken people in the middle of grim(e) war
>>
>>81180542
This scene chilled me.
I dunno why but it really captured the shellshocked apathy.
Rami malek was fucking awesome in this.
>>
First half of episodes are really generic, WW2 movie...but in the jungle!

Second half is pure kino, Eugene Sledges arc from rich farm boy from Alabama to harderned war veteren who suffers from PTSD is tragic, it was clear that he wasn't the same man when he reached Okinawa. Basilone and Leckies story mostly fills up the 1st half and its pretty weak.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.