[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>le chicken nuggets XD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: reddit and memey.jpg (9KB, 268x188px) Image search: [Google]
reddit and memey.jpg
9KB, 268x188px
>le chicken nuggets XD
>>
OH MY GOD, I JUST FUCKING LOVE RICK AND MORTY! IT'S SO RANDOM AND COOL - IT'S LIKE THE SHOW WAS DESIGNED FOR US REDDITORS. MY MUM SAYS I HAVE AN UNHEALTHY OBSESSION WITH THE SHOW BUT SHE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND. IT'S SO FUNNY! I WISH I COULD LIVE IN THE RICK AND MORTY WORLD AND HANG OUT WITH THEM. IN THEIR WORLD I'D BE POWERFUL, SOCIABLE AND I'D HAVE SO MANY FRIENDS. EVERYTHING WOULD BE SO FUNNY!!! If you dare insult the show, I will come to your house and threaten you with my katanas until you become a true fan like myself! I run the Rick and Morty Club at my school - we come together, browse Reddit, make some Deadpool memes and watch Rick and Morty. We don't talk to each other but there's a cute girl there I'm gonna try and ask out. I'm a nice guy and I dress well (fedora + trenchcoat for life!) so I just know I've got a good chance with her. I've already messaged her on Facebook, I just haven't got a response yet. Anyway, back to the topic at hand: RICK AND MORTY!!! MY FAVOURITE CHARACTER IS RICK BECAUSE HIS STYLE OF HUMOUR PERFECTLY REFLECTS THAT OF REDDIT! I BET IF I ASKED HIM "WHEN DOES THE NARWHAL BACON?" HE'D KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! ALSO DID YOU NOTICE HE LOOKS LIKE BERNIE SANDERS IF YOU SQUINT A BIT AND USE YOUR IMAGINATION!!! THIS CAN'T BE COINCIDENCE! MLG ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED! Yeah, that's right, I look at montage parodies too. What good Redditor doesn't? Lenny face, Illuminati and Doge are so funny! If I met Rick and Morty I'd be sure to show them all those memes and more!!!!!

Yours baconly, Atheist92
>>
>reddit and memey
>>
>>81177836
t. MDE and DCEU fan
>>
You really do need to get into the mindset of a Redditor normie to understand why this show is so popular.

These people have never heard of adult animation in their lifes that wasn't stuff like Family Guy, it was completely alien to them. And they can't laugh at these shows because they consider these shows stupid. They want a show that isn't necessarily smart or funny or well-written, but that appears to be to appeal to their surface-level taste. Because these people live for that mindless self-validation. They don't actually understand what makes for good writing or good comedy, nor have they ever picked a book about physics. They want to pretend they do so and circlejerk themselves, that's what matters.

Rick and Morty is just perfect for its demographic: these same college-age self-important Bernouts who "fucking love science". The entire foundation of the show is built upon the dichotomy between "silly sci-fi humor and references" and " things are super deep and tragic bro". This pseudo-intellectual "nothing even matters, I'm insecure about existence, we are all going to die" bullshit that R&M shits out in almost every episode is what appeals to it's audience. The show doesn't actually have the tact to even begin to offer an interesting presentation and discussion of any philosophy, so it spouts these edgy teenage catchphrases.

Nevermind the bean-headed, noodle-limbed unexpressive character design, or how the story is non-existent and only comes up when the writers beg you to feel something for these characters so devoid of substance, or how the entire show is a trendy forgettable scenario of the week memefest with just enough sci-fi references to trick normies into thinking they are smart for understanding them, or how the characters have somehow been reduced to even more obnoxious caricatures than before, none of these things matter.

What matters is that it appeals to the millenial redditor audience, and that's what's selling Rick and Morty.
>>
>>81177827
>makes fun of the show for pretentious humor
>makes fun of the show for unpretentious humor
pick one, or admit that the humor is diverse and one of the show's strong points
>>
>>81178359
that's not how it works at all
>>
>>81177827
>MGTOW

gay as fuck
>>
>>81177827
Prove him wrong
>>
>>81178370
Not an argument
>>
File: Dark Vader.jpg (55KB, 640x853px)
Dark Vader.jpg
55KB, 640x853px
>>81177836
>>
watched the pilot. it tries too hard to seem random. but compared to older adult swim stuff its about as random as the Simpsons
>>
>>81178370
It's ok if you like dicks in your ass op, but if this isn't just a ploy for attention, then I think you're not just trolling us, you're trolling yourself.
>>
I've seen all the episodes. You need to understand the deeper lore to get all the jokes and references.
>>
File: zack.jpg (105KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
zack.jpg
105KB, 1280x800px
>>81178406
The first season was semi ok because it was just dumb adventures with a few really dumb jokes here and there. Season 2 is when the show started to get really up its own ass with 2deep4you bullshit. Season 3 went through development hell because the creator couldn't put his foot down and defend his own show which resulted in them adding pointless unfunny cunts/women to the writing team. Awful unfunny reddit tier garbage.
>>
So you hate the show yet continue to watch it?
>>
>le meme scientism xDDdD
>le were all gonna die bro the world and existence doesn't matter bro woaaaaaaaaaaah
>le references! are you Le smart enough to get them?
This show was hand crafted to tailor perfectly to the reddit crowd
>>
>>81177827
>/tv/ and /co/ loved this show before it become popular
>hates it now

fucking figures.
>>
File: 1485891035770_zpsjy1ubyyg.jpg (33KB, 480x255px) Image search: [Google]
1485891035770_zpsjy1ubyyg.jpg
33KB, 480x255px
>>81178332
Bretty aggurate
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.