[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blade Runner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6370.jpg (42KB, 297x446px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6370.jpg
42KB, 297x446px
I just saw this and I'm experiencing too much feels to form an opinion yet. What is /tv/'s opinion on Blade Runner?
>>
>too much feels
It was an alright movie.
>>
I honestly think it is an average film. The story is great, but some film making decisions are poor. Some scenes of this film just look bad. Some shot composition is bad. Editing is at times odd. Tone is inconsistent.
>>
>>81176753
I love the female android that doesn't get killed in it.
>>
It's okay until it turns into a stupid love story. I was expecting a lot more.
>>
It's probably ranked beneath RoboCop and Ghost in the Shell for me, as far as existential crisis cyborgs/androids who work in law enforcement/special ops
>>
>>81176753
Just watch it more than once and form your own opinion. At least don't alter your feelings on it based on the responses you get here, because they're mostly going to be polarizing between 'It's the deepest film ever made, unicorn scene bro' to 'It's hipster garbage Ridley Scott is a hack.'
>>
>>81176753
Try to watch all 4 versions.
>>
>>81176753
You can't have a legitimate discussion about this on /tv/ because it's too popular/mainstream. If you want to fit in here you have to hate anything even remotely popular (unless you like it ironically), so you might as well fuck off unless your favorite film is some dumb shit like "Logistics" or whatever other dumb shit you can think of.

See:
>>81176761
>>81176856
>>81176871
>>81176887
>>
>>81177030
Fuck off. I never said it was a bad movie. Stop trying to look superior.
>>
>>81176753
I enjoyed the film for its comfy setting and plot. Its not the greatest film in existence, but it's a good foray into cyberpunk for those inexperianced in the genre.
>>
>>81176753
I feel it's a brilliant film for it's existential questioning but I hate Ridley Scott for pulling an M Night Shamalamadingdong by ending it with "the twist is Deckard is the simulant!" which is completely against the original books irony of Deckard emotionlessly hunting machines that want to be human.

Apparently 2049 is also going to go with the "what a twist!" angle too thanks to Ridley Scott's meddling.
>>
>>81177143
Lol, I don't know which one you were, but I hardly see how saying that a film broadly considered to be a great film is a great film could be considered "trying to look superior."
>>
>>81176753

really didn't like it, hated it would not be an exaggeration, a waste of time comes to mind the most
>>
>>81177207
You're a retard trying to imply we all hate the film just because we have criticisms about it. Kill yourself.
>>
I love noir elements of the film, if that's the right word I'm thinking of. Also the performances in the film are great. Harrison Ford is great and Rutger Hauer's performance is unforgettable.
>>
>>81176753
>muh ending
>>
>>81176753
It's a soulless, boring film with amazing visuals and I love it.
>>
10/10 soundtrack.
>>
>>81178299
>It's a soulless, boring film with amazing visuals
This
And I just like it.
>>
How did Roy know Deckard's name if he never met him before?
>>
>>81178631
You have autism.
>>
>>81178631
good argument
>>
>>81178631
this is why we can't have good things
>>
I love it, Blade Runner is one of my favourite films of all time. I hope you enjoyed it anon
>>
>>81176753
The universe, Deckard as a character, and the concept art is fucking ace.

The movie is a bit drawn out though desu.
Plus I fucking hate the synth soundtrack, it makes me feel ill.
>>
>>81176753
if you got feels from the movie, you didn't get it at all
>>
>>81178631
Go download the soundtrack, listen to it and tell me it's not 10/10. Vangelis is an artist.

But hey, you probably don't know shit about films and are here for cunny posts and blacked memes. Go back to /pol/ pls.
>>
>>81176753

One of my favourite films of all time. The sound track and world building was fucking amazing.
>>
>>81176856
There were like 7 different release versions, it's INCREDIBLY inconsistent.
>>
great setdesigns, great sound, good characters and story.
what cut did you watch op?
i prefer the original cinematik release, i like the film noir like voice over and especially the less obvious hints at deckers identity.
>>
>>81178631

it was a nothing film, and contributed nothing to cinema except looking cool in some scenes
>>
>>81176753
it only works because of what a fantastic star harrison ford is, anyone else in that role the movie is another B grade sci fi schlock which they made hundreds of in the 80s.

his everyman schtick elevates the movie from (oh the future is polluted and sucks and robots are the new black people) to detective kino.
>>
>>81179845

Directors cut, so no narration. Does the final cut differ much?
>>
>>81176753
See >>81177030

The edgelords on this board will shit on this film to feel superior.
>le patrician meme lmao

>>81179845
That's an interesting opinion. I've never seen the original release, but from what I've heard the true Ridley movie is the director's cut one.
Should I watch the original despite what ridley says of it?
>>
>>81179845

Yeah I agree. Deckard being human makes for a more compelling narrative, especially when Batty saves his life proving he is more 'human' than Deckard is.
>>
I've only seen the final cut, and it's absolute kinography. maybe one of the best things i've ever seen

only thing that comes close is akira
>>
File: 1477377369420.png (164KB, 427x358px) Image search: [Google]
1477377369420.png
164KB, 427x358px
>>81179488
>I fucking hate the synth soundtrack
get the fuck out of here and dont come back
>>
>>81180056
i don't know about all the different versions.
the original release doesn't feature decker's dreams or the origami unicorn, hence no obvious hint at deckert being a replicant.
also the voice over explains some minor stuff and gives the film a whole diferent tone.

>>81180059
yep, i strongly suggest to watch the original release too.

>>81180084
i dont think the original release implies for decker to be either actually.
there are some very subtle hints, like deckert's photo collection, or teh anecdote about his wife calling him sushi, which can be enough to trigger a related thoughtprocess though.
>>
>>81180332
Which original release? Isn't there still some missing Euro Cinema release cut? US Theatrical is meh.
>>
>>81180401
I'm talking about the international theatrical release from 82, which is similar to the US's but with a little more violence.
I suggest to watch this international release and the version which is known as the Final Cut.
>>
Even if the replicants have false memories of family, aren't they going to wonder where their physical family members are? Or did Tyrell get paid actors / replicants to simulate friends and family?
>>
>>81176753
FOMR YOUR OWN OPINION RrEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>81180549
>the family abandoned you and you wound up at an orphanage
>no go wage war in space colonies
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.