[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black Sails Finale

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 46

File: IMG_1680.jpg (424KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1680.jpg
424KB, 800x1200px
Now it's over, what did /tv/ think?
>>
that i'll wait for at least the 720p version, not have to burn my eyes and humilating Black Sails wby watching the first shitty 160p stream
>>
I've been one of the few who have always said what a great show it was. When they introduced the faggot storyline I wasn't bothered because it was a fraction of the show and wasn't brought up again. Well, it was brought up again. That's how they close the show.

Oh, remember how Flynt's a homo...kinda? Maybe Bi. I mean, Mrs. Barlow...Oh, Guess what. His once thought dead butt buddy is actually alive an we end the show with a big fat faggot reunion and Flynt gave up his war to live happily ever ass fucking on a plantation after.

Fuck this fucking show for wasting my fucking time with this shitty writing. Wasted potential. Yes, I am incredibly mad.
>>
>>81176809

Are you fucking serious? Glad I stopped at the end of Season 3

Hopefully Outlander season 3 won't be a clusterfuck (it will be)
>>
Any ties with Treasure Island? Does Jim Hawkings have a cameo?
>>
Haven't seen season 4 yet.

Is it worth watching?
>>
>>81176895
>>81176809
There is literally nothing wrong with it whatsoever. They built up to having Hamilton back for the whole season and then it was a great payoff and a satisfying conclusion to Flint's character (unless you've read TI).

>>81176950
No

>>81176972
Yes
>>
>>81176950
No.

Flynt drops the war and lives queerly ever after with Thomas, who is magically still alive living on some secret prison plantation

Billy washes up on Skeleton island, marooned

All the pirates sign a treaty with the old hag Guthrie, giving back Nasau

Woodes Rogers gets jail for debt

They make it seem like John Silver and the negress weren't going to get together, but NOPE, they got back together

Featherstone is now the fake governor and Max is secretly in charge of Nassau

Then it cuts to Jack waxing poetic to a woman who is dressed like a man "Mike" Read. This is Mary Read, to team up with Jack and Anne to continue to pirate for the government to mess with shipping costs or some shit. It ends with Jack settling on the Jolly Roger flag. That's it.

It was fucking shit.
>>
>>81176972
I'm a bit behind, but yeah so far it's good.
>>
>>81177095
Well we knew there was more to Thomas' fate than what was let on back on season 2 so they had to tie up that loose end somehow.

As for Silver, him and his wife were still alive in Treasure Island so...
>>
the show ends with a gay reunion, an interracial relationship, a strong black woman in charge, and a 3-way with a tranny, a confused dyke, and a smug cuck upset about the design of his flag. thanks, starz. thanks a lot
>>
>>81177095
>>81177171
Well that sounds kind of by the numbers... Not bad but utterly predictable, which is a shame considering they had to opportunity to do something truly special by linking the current story line to the novel
>>
>>81177313
Predictable is bad. I would have rather they went dark with it and had every pirate get killed off than what I just watched.
>>
File: happygaysails.jpg (35KB, 478x564px) Image search: [Google]
happygaysails.jpg
35KB, 478x564px
did you cry, /tv/? i did :')
>>
>>81177171
Historically, Rackham did design the Jolly Roger. And in Treasure Island, Long John Silver did have a black wife. It's hard to get pissy about things that were a foregone conclusion before the show aired.
>>
holy shit the 2012 treasure island is complete shit compared to the 1972 one
>>
File: 1470810904771.png (87KB, 714x810px) Image search: [Google]
1470810904771.png
87KB, 714x810px
>>81176635
is the new ep up on coke and popcorn?
>>
>>81176635
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........nootka
>>
File: ugh.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ugh.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>81176635
>mfw Black Sails Finale
>>
File: 1469060467390.jpg (24KB, 303x309px) Image search: [Google]
1469060467390.jpg
24KB, 303x309px
>>81177871
>max doesnt die
>>
>>81177916
why should best girl die
>>
>>81177940
Everything that went wrong on Nassau is all her fault
>>
File: Based Rackham.png (2MB, 1349x931px) Image search: [Google]
Based Rackham.png
2MB, 1349x931px
>>81176635
Seeing Jack kick some fucking ass was awesome.
Shame Max lived, and that it looks like they'll play out the end of his tail historically. Doesn't make sense since he's so based in this show.
I loved Flint vs Billy, too.
Really loved it.

>>81176809
>His once thought dead butt buddy is actually alive an we end the show with a big fat faggot reunion and Flynt gave up his war to live happily ever ass fucking on a plantation after.
Look, I mean, when you put it like that it sounds dumb. But
>>
>>81178014

It's actually worse since i'm not sure flint wasn't indentured along side thomas.

I saw Flint get walked in and plantation owner was handed money but he was walked in there with chains..

and unless i'm mistaken, it would take a lot of gold to get thomas out of there, more than that little bag that he was handed, so i'm thinking he sold his buddy into slavery which seems kind of hilarious.

The funniest part is Silver didn't understand why his woman wanted the war, while her entire kind were enslaved all throughout the hemisphere. And in the end he was the coward that gave in.

Since Jack is still going to end up getting hanged..that means Vane was still best boy in the end, even Rodgers received an ignoble fate.

I do kind of feel sorry for Flint fans though, either slave ass pirates or just ass pirates ending has to really suck.

but cheer up my fellows. Eleanor is still dead.
>>
>Watching Black Sails past the "butt pirate" episode
>Posting in a Black Sails thread after the finale
You are all a bunch of cock suckers
>>
>>81178338

I never watched it for flint in first place anon, just because you liked the fag doesn't make it my issue.
>>
More like Black FAILS amirite guys?
>>
>>81178386

The speech between Flint and Silver was one of the better pieces of acting that I've ever seen, I was even moved a little. I dislike both of the characters. So that should tell you even if the outcome was not what you wanted, the piece had moment between the notes.
>>
So Silver was the bad guy in all of this after all. Fucking weakling coward. Even the guy that gets plowed in the ass every night is less of a fag than Silver.
>>
>>81177095

It's Flint you fuckstick.
>>
>>81177095
>who is magically still alive living on some secret prison plantation

It's not random though. It was foreshadowed in each season. Why do you think his father was traveling across the goddamn ocean around that part of America/the Caribbean if not to visit his son? This was planned from the start, nothing 'magically' about it.
>>
>>81178750

Not to mention they said the plantation was in Savannah which should of raised flags among people who have read treasure island because that's where Flint is said to have died in the novel.
>>
File: shot0045.png (1MB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
shot0045.png
1MB, 852x480px
Fantastic ending, better than I anticipated and that's always nice. Sweet closure all round. Throwing in Mary Read at the end felt like a serious rusing though.
>>
File: 1490836222965.jpg (22KB, 333x304px) Image search: [Google]
1490836222965.jpg
22KB, 333x304px
>>81178548
>*describes a war*
>Follows up with THAT IS NOT A WAR
>>
Seriously thought Jack was going to die when he started fighting rodgers. Wew boy.
>>
>>81179157
Same here. Jack is the gift that keeps on giving.
>>
>John Silver sells Flint into slavery
>This is a happy ending
>>
>>81176635
Flint's closure felt forced yes, I know it's been foreshadowed and cheesy. Also, dat kiss.
But the ending, with Jack's Jolly Roger design being presented put a smile on my face.
>>
>>81176635
>That end
YAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSS

SLAYYYYYYYYYY
#Love Wins
>>
Wow I know Mary Read was ugly but damn she was fucking horrendous.
>>
File: 1489307826075.jpg (29KB, 528x543px) Image search: [Google]
1489307826075.jpg
29KB, 528x543px
>>81177653
>mfw unironically the greatest gay love story in recent /tv/ memory
ain't even mad

What is it with Starz and well written faggotry? Spartacus had it too.
>>
File: reee.png (612B, 12x12px) Image search: [Google]
reee.png
612B, 12x12px
>tfw Pirate kino is over
>>
>>81176809
Faggot stuff ruined the great writing and muh independent womyn to. Even though I have nothing againts faggots or independent womans it just doesn't fit the time.

There are of course exceptions like Anne but Max should've been dead if not the plot armour protecting such a unbearable character.

We should've seen Max die and instead of Thomas whe should had Barlow. Flint never should've been gay to begin with.

Now I want a spin off
>>
why still no torrents
>>
>>81177653
Gay kino
>>
>>81176809
thanks for the heads up. I actually started watching S1E1 today on Netflix but I am gonna drop it. I dont want to watch fucking faggots.
>>
>>81181487
Probably because they actually write the fag characters and their faggotry is woven in the story instead of "yeah well this dude is also gay" because we have to have a gay dude somewhere
>>
>>81182030
>>81182032
Fag fag faggity faggot fag!
>>
>>81182030
truly a connoisseur of television right here
>>
>>81182081
you know it. also, I am a connoisseur of your mom. and kino.
>>
Episode 10 isn't out though?
>>
>>81182124
WEW
>>
>>81179036
>As Jack tells the story of Nassau to Mary Read, my favourite soundtrack of the series is being played by the tavern band in the background
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAubPxemSOg
>First played in the series when Flint and Gates were sailing off to hunt the Urca
>>
>>81182139
it is, just no HD
>>
Poor Rodgers. They really humiliated him and destroyed everything about the real life character.
>>
Where is that torrent? It's not yet up on any of my private trackers
>>
>go from a comfy pirate adventure to "every successful man has a super-intelligent woman behind him: the show"
>Flint just gives everything up to go buttfuck his boyfriend
>Silver's gf leaves him only to come back a few minutes later
Well at least the first couple of seasons were alright.
>>
>>81182612

what? he was badass and defeated blackbeard in the show.

and the real rodgers was imprisoned for debt
>>
>>81183106
>be in love with someone for years
>they are torn away from you and you lose everything
>your life spirals out of control
>spend a decade living the life of the man you would have hated
>have a chance to turn back everything and be reunited with loved one
>"actually nah the guys on /tv/ will call me a fag"
>>
>>81182717
found out at xtrator
>>
>>81184157
He didn't invite the Spanish into Nazair in reality, he successfully defended it from Spamish destruction despite lack of supplies and refusal from the UK to send aid.

He did not get his ass kicked by pirates and forced to sign a deal favouring the pirates.

He did get jailed for his debt upon his return to London, but in the time he was in London he managed to write a book that became a bestseller before being jailed. It wasn't a secret ploy to ensure his absolute and final defeat.

His rule as governor was well enough for him to be able to return as governor once he got of jailed. The show portrayed him as absolutely hated by the people.
>>
>you and your wife lead an impassioned war against slavery
>sell your best friend, who is also a prominent figure in this war, to a slave owner
>this is closure
>>
>gay end
>real power bullshit

So ah, did no one notice this does not lead into treasure island?
What happened with the chest? What happened between Silver and Flint on the island that made the keep the chest there? Why does Billy have the map to the chest that Flint was taking them too? Wtf? How does Silver know Billy is alive, and with the map to the chest he could have easily gotten but didn't?

Like, I can excuse the bullshit gay end and independent minority power bullshit, but at least make this fit with Treasure Island for fuck's sake.
>>
>>81177083
They even probably planned to having Hamilton back for the whole series, like they planned from the start they make Flint fag. Then it seemed they saw the reactions on s2e5 and they showed him loving Miranda more in season 3.
And now from out of the blue they went back to faggotry inthis season. When they first mentioned in the conservation of Max and LJS, it was already written in stone that this will be the end.

Too bad.

Mark Read was a nice joke tho
>>
>>81181956
>Flint never should've been gay to begin with.
only a degenerate mind can think out like that, making one of the most famous kidbooks feared character to a faggot
>>
>>81186258
>When they first mentioned in the conservation of Max and LJS, it was already written in stone that this will be the end.
That was quite obvious, I just expected LJS to use it earlier than that.

But let's face it the show was full of stupid little flaws that made no sense. Overall it was still enjoyable. I guess I wasn't bothered by the gayflint fact as much as some where. I mean aside from revealing it they never really shoved it into our faces like they usually do with this shit.

>>81186018
So obviously being like a prologue fan fiction to Treasure Island it is weird that the end setting doesn't really fit to lead into it. I would've expected them to make a follow up show since this one was successful I think.
>>
Man that was incredibly unsatisfying, for all of the Pirates and their allies, to have a good end while their opponents all got the bad end.

Doesn't sit well with me at all. Doesn't feel authentic or earned. I would've preferred an ending that was more faithful to the source material, or one that's at least more ambiguous.

Everyone living happily ever after just seems like bullshit.
>>
File: BS Flint Black Sails.webm (196KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
BS Flint Black Sails.webm
196KB, 640x360px
>>81178750
>>81178854
but it's such a horrible writing, forcing this faggot agenda.
Even if they want this.... Flint was aroused by Hamilton by his ideas, not because he liked butts. Now wtf will they do? Big pirate captain loving a fucking peasant hamilton on the plantfields? Why would Flint respect him now?
Also, he killed his parents xDDD so Hamilton shouldn't love him so much either by now
>>
>>81177653
yeah, ragecry, how they ruined this series
>>
>>81182032
>"yeah well this dude is also gay" because we have to have a gay dude somewhere
on the otherhand Noah Hawley in Legion made all that obligatory token shit on one single character, in the very last episode (faggot, have black kid, disabled)
>>
will she find another role?
>>
File: 1459729089481.png (24KB, 300x255px) Image search: [Google]
1459729089481.png
24KB, 300x255px
>>81176635
I DON'T WANT IT TO BE OVER
>>
>>81176809
kys you fucking loser.

bitch bitch bitch, that's all you fucking faggots do.
>>
>>81183106
Yes, but if you read TI, you would know that what Flint said to Silver on the hill ends up being true.
>>
File: 1490700036430.jpg (385KB, 1154x727px) Image search: [Google]
1490700036430.jpg
385KB, 1154x727px
we will never see him ever again
>>
>>81186879
>tfw flint looked so much better with hair
>tfw you will never see him with long hair again
>>
It was SHIT.

Literally reading the book made for children.
In a reality where everything gets an edgy remake this is the most useless and pathetic one yet.
Kids today will flock to this shit version which is sad.
Even the muppet version was better.
Despite that you still have edge lords claiming it's good because tits and violence.

It's not hard to tell the show was created for complete baysplosion transformers nascar loving buffoons.
Thank god it's over.
>>
>>81188104
Go back to reading your comicbooks, little boy.
>>
At the beginning of the show when Captain Morgan shows up looking for a prisoner for Silver, I thought they were looking for Billy Bones.
>>
>>81186846
>>81179978
I feel like this was a rare case where "they all lived happily ever after" was a creative and subversive ending

The entire series and especially the final season have this mounting sense of dread about the last downfall of the pirates and you watch to the final expecting them to disappear into murders and executions like Vane and Blackbeard did

And then at the end everything gets so fucking bright

Also are they saying Jack's pudgy friend ended up marrying Max? Because if so, that poor, lucky bastard.
>>
Is this show anti-british yankee propaganda?
>>
>>81181487
>well written faggotry

Nope.
>>
>>81188104
>In a reality where everything gets an edgy remake this is the most useless and pathetic one yet.
lol no. Pirates, with sharp swords, cannons, guns, robbing ships, killing people don't have to be edgy? then what should if not this?

the only shit part is still the forced faggotry agenda. As you sade, it was a book made for children. Now this is for kids in puberty to write in their brain "be not ashamed" (for being a faggot, being a faggot is normal, you should also do it! ) ?!
>>
>Flint never left Skeleton Island

Long John Silver tells stories. Believable stories. It's all he's about.

Flint is dead.
>>
>>81188363
It's been a long time. Where exactly?
>>
>>81188248
It was trash, go back to your /who/ general
>>
>>81188559
after the recap, before the main theme
>>
>>81188498
>Long John Silver tells stories. Believable stories. It's all he's about.
>Flint is dead.
I also had this feeling. The scenes of him meeting up with Thomas had this weird way they were portrayed. If Flint had actually survived they would've shown the result on the island itself.
>>
>>81188485
>the only shit part is still the forced faggotry agenda. As you sade, it was a book made for children. Now this is for kids in puberty to write in their brain "be not ashamed" (for being a faggot, being a faggot is normal, you should also do it! ) ?!
You're lowering the collective IQ of this board to unseen depths.
>>
>>81188639
Yeah, He killed Flint and made up the story.
>>
>>81188635
Oh I thought you were talking about like in an earlier season.

That was just a followup to the discussion Silver and Max had earlier this season about that place and London prominent families sometimes using it to vanish their unwanted members.
>>
>>81188815
It's just that at the beginning to Treasure Island, Silver is hunting down Billy Bones for the location of the treasure, I thought Ben Gunn was the only one marooned on skull island.
>>
File: 1pbWU.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
1pbWU.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>81188639
>mfw so many people are literally being rused by Silver

This is what he's for I guess.
>>
>>81187871
I was angry when he died

Did he ever say a word in the show? Or was it all glaring with a nod?
>>
>>81188885
In this ending Billy is the one marooned and nobody has any idea where the actual treasure is.

Which is part of what people were so disappointed about with this ending.

>>81188909
He truly exceeded what even Billy expected of him.
>>
>>81188980
Pretty sure Gunn was there also, he was in the water last episode and Billy didn't shoot him.
>>
>>81188921
He never talked, we only got a few grunts

spinoff when?
>>
>>81189045
He was on the ship in the last episode.
>>
>>81176635
the captain is a fag.
it was unnecessary, shoehorned and killed the show for me, and i am happy that for a lot of people too.
go watch flash now, i heard that Cisco will eat some dick next season, enjoy your fan tier gay fiction that will flop like always it does.
>>
>>81188645
not an argument, faggot
>>
>>81189387
He was gay for like 3 episodes out of 40
>>
>>81189148
Taboo staring katana man

mmmm nassau
>>
>>81189418
>the main protagonist was a little gay tehee
it was unnecessary anyway, it's a fucking pirate show.
glad that it's over and forgotten.
>>
>>81189387
Honestly, who cares?

You that insecure that someone being a butt pirate destroys your entire experience? I just ignored it. Like many others said, it was hardly brought up.
>>
>>81189486
>"it's a fucking pirate show"

Pirates were probably the most homo fuckers out there. Many men alone at sea. Think about it.
>>
>>81189387
We got over that like 2 seasons ago, why don't you?
>>
>>81176635
>Because what's it all for if it goes unremembered? It's the art that leaves the mark. But to leave it, it must... transcend. It must speak for itself. It must be true.
>Yeah. It's fine.
>>
>>81189553
It honestly was a farewell fuck you to the people that flipped their shit over Flint being a fag.
>>
>>81188104
>show was created for complete baysplosion transformers nascar loving buffoons.

The battle scenes were really well done.
>>
>>81176972

Season 4 is best season. Flint's ending was supergay though.
>>
File: IMG_0519.jpg (171KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0519.jpg
171KB, 1024x682px
>a world in which there is nothing left to lose

I'm going to miss Flint and Silver having a conversation
>>
>>81188394
>this mounting sense of dread about the last downfall of the pirates and you watch to the final expecting them to disappear into murders and executions like Vane and Blackbeard
Exactly why it didn't feel earned to me. Out of nowhere, the two most ruthless, villainous characters in the show are appeased and retire the account to live happily ever after with their significant other.

Featherstone may have married Max, but it was only in name. I don't think they ever married, though. Featherstone could just as easily marry Idelle while deferring actual rule to Max, since I don't think Featherstone cared about having that kind of power.

What surprises me is that he apparently gave up pirating and his position in Jack's crew. I don't understand why he'd do that, unless maybe he believed he owed Max that much for not handing them over to Berringer.
>>
>>81187407
She's a Paget. Her family tree goes back centuries. What do you think?
>>
>>81189617
oh yeah, all the miners are probably also gay, etc. Fuck off with your homolusthistory
>>
>>81189620
because they brought it back in the final?
>>
>not a single sight of the fucking parrot
YOU ONLY HAD ONE THING TO DO M8
>>
>>81190749

Featherstone moved up by coming not-really-governor. I mean, the title is still official and he will absolutely have various privigilages because of it. Just thinka bout the steady income, the reputation to outsiders he'll gain and so on.

Like, maybe he has children one day and decides that maybe it is best if they go to school in England, France or Germany. That becomes very easy when you're governor of a palce like Nassau. it is virtually impossible when you're just some former pirate captains second.
>>
>>81190749
>He thinks Flint didn't die

Silver fucking killed him.
>>
>>81189387
I don't understand you people. Why do you care so much that Flint is gay? How is his sexual orientation the only thing you gleaned from his character? How are you this fucking shallow?
>>
Jacks ending was nice but holy fuck did they gut the shit out of Flints character
>>
>>81192032
They are clearly gay themselves, that's why it's all that they want to talk about.
>>
>>81192030
I'd actually prefer an ending where Silver kills Flint but there's nothing in the show that says or suggests that so you're really just spouting delusions and head-canon bullshit.
>>
>>81192094
Flint told him before he killed him that he would never be able to spin a story where she forgives him.

But that is Silvers super power he spun the story and she didn't believe him. It wasn't that she killed Flint that pissed her off, it's that he was scheming behind her back the whole time. Literally everything else Flint says comes true.
>>
>>81192094
>pointing gun at Flint
>birds fly off in the distance alerting his men that is okay to approach
>nothing
>>
File: black-sails-promo-shot.jpg (40KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
black-sails-promo-shot.jpg
40KB, 600x450px
>my favorite character's ending is living forever as a slave faggot

Trump needs to purge the liberals already, this isn't the greatness I was promised
>>
>>81192189
>before he killed him
You're again assuming John killed Flint when there's absolutely no evidence of that fact nor a single suggestion of it in the show.

The plantation is real. Silver didn't conjure it out of nothing. Max is the one that told him about it. Silver sent real people to investigate that plantation to verify its authenticity and the existence of a certain captive.

We know all of those things happened. If Silver's intent was to just kill Flint and lie to Madi, all of those efforts were moot and waste of time.

Meanwhile, again, there's absolutely no evidence nor suggestion that Silver killed Flint. I'd prefer that sort of ending, but deluding yourself when there's no concrete evidence is fucking retarded.

>>81192276
Could've been a coincidence, used by the creators to make viewers think for a while that Flint was dead. They did the same shit in the previous episode at the end of the Flint-Joji fight, where it was unclear which of them was stabbed.
>>
>>81176809
Does someone need a safe space?
>>
>>81192387
You're not factoring in who Flint as a person is. Silver might have planned to send him to the plantation, but as he clearly stated, Flint resisted the idea. Even when Thomas was mentioned. And when has Flint ever backed down from his own train of thought?

From the conversations the two had and the character that was established for Flint, and the fact Silver can never tell the truth, they all point towards Flint having been killed there and then.

They left it open sure, and there's no hard evidence for his death, but there's also no hard evidence for Flint having actually gone to the plantation except for the word of the greatest liar in the show. And if you choose to believe Silver, well, that's your choice.
>>
>>81192032
>How are you this fucking shallow?

Shallow like Flint's entire motivation in life was homosex? He did everything he did because "muh boyfriend"? Fuck off, queer.
>>
ha ha butt pirate plunder me booty
>>
>>81192628
It legit would have been the exact same fucking thing if it was "muh girlfriend" instead.

DENSE.
>>
>>81192387

Just looking at the scene should give you a clear fucking hint that he got shot. I mean, I doubt people react like this because someone came to an agreement.

Also, think about what would happen when they came back to the ship without the cache and with Flint still alive. It makes no real sense. All you have is a pretty elaborate lie told by a notorious liar.
>>
>>81186879
>forcing this faggot agenda

How was it forced exactly?
>>
>>81192669
Correct. But we're shallow for criticizing a shallow character.
lol at all this damge control, too

>F-Flint's didn't purposely put himself in a gay prison. J-J-John Silver KILLED HIM BECAUSE BIRDS!

Fuck off, cunts.
>>
>>81188104
Keep going please. I want to see how edgy you can get.
>>
>>81192585
>but as he clearly stated, Flint resisted the idea. Even when Thomas was mentioned.
We never saw Silver mention the plantation or Thomas on-screen. We only heard of it through Silver's narration to Madi, which you think was a lie, which would mean Flint never resisted the idea, etc.

We know that Flint could conceive of abandoning the war and reuniting with Thomas if he had the opportunity. He said as much earlier in the season.

>no evidence for Flint having actually gone to the plantation
How about the fact that Jack told Madam Guthrie that Flint was still alive? If Silver had shot Flint, why would Jack lie? What motive could he possibly have?

>>81192692
He was pointing the gun at Flint to demonstrate his seriousness and so Flint would stop moving towards him.

Saying "they couldn't come to an agreement" when Silver had yet to reveal his trump-card (Thomas) is fucking retarded. Why go to such lengths and prepare an alternative solution if you're never going to argue for it?
>>
>>81192909
>How about the fact that Jack told Madam Guthrie that Flint was still alive? If Silver had shot Flint, why would Jack lie? What motive could he possibly have?

Okay, you've got me there. Forgot about that part.

Fuck. It would have been so much better if he actually died.
>>
>>81176809
Thank you for posting this. I just started the first season, but if that's how the writers are gong to progress things, then fuck it. I hope this trend passes soon.
>>
>>81192585
>>81192909
>he said as much earlier in the season.
Actually IIRC he didn't actually say that, but he was clearly giving it some thought and torn up inside.

But there's also a scene in this very episode where Flint is talking to Silver about how far he'd go to get Thomas back and Flint says he honestly doesn't know.

>>81192977
>It would have been so much better
Again, I agree. This ending doesn't suit the show at all. They spend 2 seasons building up to this ominous, bad end, but instead it's sunshine and roses.
>>
>>81192740
aside of faggot of america, that 1% of their population, nobody wants faggots in every fucking show. or any of them, acrually. More so not in an adaptation of their favourite childrenbook..
>>
I just realized the boy that Jack brought on in the last scene was Mary Reed.
>>
Although I don't think it topped the end of season 2, it was still a great finale, tied up things really well, and did it in an exciting episode, with great parts from all the major characters. Its not an easy thing to write, but they pulled it off I think.

I'm going to miss Jack Rackham. Enjoyed every second of him in the later seasons.
>>
>>81176809
Haha, really? Boy am I glad I dropped this when they introduced the faggot reveal.
>>
File: cara_roberts[1].jpg (7KB, 175x220px) Image search: [Google]
cara_roberts[1].jpg
7KB, 175x220px
>>81193328
>>
>>81192909
They made up the story that Flint was still alive because telling them that Flint gave up and left would go further with the pirates continuing the fight than if he were dead, which would have just made him a martyr and galvanized their resolve, and would likely have caused a mutiny amongst the other pirates.

Jack said that the idea of Flint meant more than the man himself.
>>
>>81193492
or rather giving up the fight.
>>
>Flint then murders his six assistants, leaving the corpse of one, Allardyce, with its arms outstretched in the direction of the buried treasure.

>The location of the treasure is marked by Flint on a map and entrusted to his first mate William "Billy" Bones. It later falls into the hands of the protagonist of the novel, Jim Hawkins.
Kinda wish that it ended like that

>The only person Flint was said to fear was his quartermaster John Silver, who later even called his parrot "Captain Flint" in mockery.

>Flint is said to have died in Savannah, shouting, "Darby M'Graw - fetch aft the rum...." His death was said in the book to have been caused by the effects of rum. The inscription on the map suggests that he died in 1754.

Would make no sense for Silver to have killed Flint, because that would go against the canon of the book and stories of Flint.
>>
>>81193338
>Jack
Really redeemed himself in the last two episodes, but it looked ridiculous to have him cutting through British soldiers like that. At least with Silver we got a training montage showing that Flint trained him. Jack out of nowhere learned how to cut through British soldiers like nothing and go toe-to-toe with the same dude that killed Blackbeard.

>>81193492
Flint's voluntary retirement is a story that only placates the pirates and ex-slaves on Maroon island, though. Jack has no reason to lie to Madam Guthrie is Flint is actually dead. Also, if Flint was dead, the pirates waiting for him, Silver, and the others to recover the treasure would have realized it when Flint didn't return.
>>
>>81193694
>Jack has no reason to lie to Madam Guthrie is Flint is actually dead.

Jack had every reason to want to end Piracy as per their deal with Guthrie to bring it back to a place of commerce. That's why he made a big deal about keeping 'piracy' a secret in the last scene in the tavern.
>>
>>81193669
The ending already goes against the book's canon though, m8.

>>81193739
Lying to Madam Guthrie about Flint doesn't end Piracy.
>>
>>81193669
>because that would go against the canon of the book and stories of Flint.
As opposed to what happened in the finale?
>>
>>81193739
>>81193811
Also, didn't Madam Guthrie say that Philadelphia's pirates were a benefit to commerce and prices? Didn't she say that to Max when they took a walk through the city?

Wouldn't surprise me if Guthrie and Max's deal allowed for some extent of piracy, in an effort to benefit commerce in Nassau just like it did in Philadelphia.
>>
>>81193669

>Would make no sense for Silver to have killed Flint, because that would go against the canon

Flint liked the cock, present your arguments with what the show has told us.
>>
Anyone else chuckle at that scene with Silver and the cook?
>>
>>81193811
No, but it ended the war.

Also unlike yourself I am pretty sure she was smart enough to know that Flint was dead, but the story that he is alive is more important. This entire show they speak in riddles, and that went over your head even though it was pretty much laid out for you

>>81194073
You like the cock, that's why you can't stop talking about it.
>>
>>81193288
Doesn't bother me. Hardly even thought about it.

Why do you care so much?

Sure gay characters might disproportionately get more representation in the media than what exists in the population, but it literally effects nothing about the story to me. Genders could have been swapped for thomas and the story would have been the same.
>>
>>81193739
Also, Silver may not have told the truth to Jack. Less people to know the truth the better.
>>
>>81194128

I only like chicken.
>>
>>81193669
What's this from?
>>
>>81176809
What's fucked up about this is that's it's bait and switch.

You think he's a romantic and then lolnope he's a fag. I wouldn't have minded if he was gay all along.
>>
>>81194128
>No, but it ended the war.
No, it didn't. Telling the ex-slaves and pirates that Flint voluntarily left the account could end the war. Telling that to Madam Guthrie would be a lie without purpose.

>the story that he's alive is more important
It's important to the ex-slaves and pirates.

>this entire show they speak in riddles, and that went over your head even though it was pretty much laid out for you
The only thing that's gone over someone's head is the entirety of my previous two posts which is why I've had to repeat myself for 10 minutes now.

That story does not placate the Guthrie. She wanted Flint dead. If Silver did actually kill Flint, Jack should've just told her that. Jack telling her that Flint is anything less than dead exposes his and Max's intent to doubt and risk.

Please learn how to read.
>>
>>81194191
Jack was still there on the island awaiting their recovery of the cache. If Flint didn't return with Silver, Hands, and the others, he would've known that Flint was dead.
>>
Now that the dust has settled we can all agree that Flint got shot, the cache is still on skeleton Island, and all that gay story was made up by Silver. Jack was going to sail to the island to find the treasure.
>>
>>81194444
>I'm going to ignore all the posts above me, all the posts arguing against my position, and claim my willful delusion as fact
>>
>>81189874
>>81188485
>>81188248
>>81188564
>>81192895

>first letter of each line
>>
>>81194507
Sigik?

Tlgik?
>>
>>81176635
Is the show worth it?
>>
>>81194557
Of his post.

>>81188104
>It was SHIT.
>
>Literally reading the book made for children.
>In a reality where everything gets an edgy remake this is the most useless and pathetic one yet.
>Kids today will flock to this shit version which is sad.
>Even the muppet version was better.
>Despite that you still have edge lords claiming it's good because tits and violence.
>
>It's not hard to tell the show was created for complete baysplosion transformers nascar loving buffoons.
>Thank god it's over.
>>
>>81192332
Are you retarded? Have you actually been watching the show? Silver killed Flint and then made up a story for Maddie to believe. That's what Silver does.
>>
>>81194494
Silver clearly made this up. It's not that Flint even says anything. It's just Silver telling the negress a fake story.
>>
>>81194572
Absolutely.
>>
>>81186879
Yeah. I don't care Flint likes to take it in the ass once in a while but they are now basically slaves in some plantation in Buttfuck, Tennessee. This is a horrible ending
>>
>>81187871
He and De Groot died with the Walrus. Not bothered by it at all, like pottery
>>
>>81194608
you guys forcing a meme here?

LJS told everyone Flint died on the island, but only his alterego died, McGraw went to slavefaggotry
>>
>>81194623
I'm too autistic to let this slide and it's clearly too much for you just scroll up and read why what you just said is wrong so I'll just quickly state a few points:

>The plantation is real and Silver sends men there to look for Thomas.
>Thomas is there.
>Flint says earlier in the episode that he doesn't know how far he'd go/what he'd do if he could be reunited with Thomas.
>Jack would know if Flint was alive since he was overseeing their recovery of the cache
>Jack tells Madam Guthrie that Flint is alive
>>
File: 1469579343531.jpg (6KB, 222x225px) Image search: [Google]
1469579343531.jpg
6KB, 222x225px
>show starts off interesting
>then suddenly literal butt pirates
dropped
>>
>>81194693
also Hamilton probably rid hundreads of dicks there during that 10 year
and he just forgives Flint slaughtering his parents..?
>>
So wait

What did Jack gain from this at all?

>lost treasure
Check
>no real power over Nassau
Check

I guess he has a sort of agreement that he can go pirate around occasionally, but how does that even compare to the other possible scenarios that could have happened, like, all that effort for not that much to show for. Yeah sure he got the better of Rodgers I guess
>>
>>81194768
LJS didn't tell anyone that Flint was dead.

My advice is to just ignore anyone that says Silver killed Flint because they're all just subscribing to personal fable, head-canon bullshit while ignoring my arguments that Flint is still alive because they realize they've no rebuttal, no response whatsoever.

Just ignore them. All they can do is resort to spam and hope that I'll tire and others won't care enough to remind them that their fanfiction isn't real.
>>
>>81187871
Whatever happened to his the friend, the black guy with the fake demon teeth?
>>
>>81194778
Yeah but as they said they couldn't make a martyr out of Flint. So even though they killed him they said he went to the slavery willingly just to get his bum drilled.
>>
>>81194823
>30sec at the endo of the middle of the second season
>5 seconds at the very end of the 4th season
>suddenly
>>
File: saibah.jpg (48KB, 624x480px) Image search: [Google]
saibah.jpg
48KB, 624x480px
>>81194883
Joshua died near the end of season two. Got stabbed in the back by Vane when the Man-o-war was overtaken.
>>
>>81194848
>Max aroused Anne back to her
>Mary Reed
>>
>>81177095
Please tell me it isn't true, I was okay with most of that happening but Woodes gets imprisoned before roping the remaining Pirates and Slaves that have been chimping out on the island? and they get fucking pardoned? AND MAX GETS A HAPPY ENDING. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK.
>>
>>81194911
You're still ignoring at least half of that post.

Silver went through the effort of verifying that Thomas is still alive on some plantation in Savannah, and Flint doesn't know how far he'd go and what he'd sacrifice to see Thomas again. There's no reason for Silver to spend so much time assembling that life for Flint if he's going to shot him before even suggesting it.

And the ex-slaves and pirates would've made a martyr of Flint. Madam Guthrie didn't care. If Flint was dead, and Silver had lied to the ex-slaves and pirates about what happened with him, Jack would've just said so. He wouldn't have lied to Guthrie for no reason.
>>
File: 1489365010619.jpg (145KB, 800x966px) Image search: [Google]
1489365010619.jpg
145KB, 800x966px
>>
>>81194221
wikipedia
>>
>>81194911
They told everyone he retired from the account. The specifics beyond that are known to only a few people.
>>
>>81194847
>He thinks homosexuality was an acceptable practice in the 1700's

literal retard.
>>
File: BnIcAIWCYAAKgPZ.jpg (28KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
BnIcAIWCYAAKgPZ.jpg
28KB, 600x300px
I dedicate this post to my favourite character in the show, Mister Beauclerc. He didn't have any lines but he did his job well by sniping the enemy navigator on the helm. I wish we got to see more of him in the following episodes.
>>
>>81194325
Jack left before Silver and Flint even had their conversation.
Jack and Silver had been in cahoots to give Flint the chance to live midway through the episode.

Jack was vague because he honestly didn't know.

Not him and I still think Flint is a slave buttfucking on a plantation but fuck, dude.
>>
>>81195094
Yeah he will enjoy some threesomes later but none of this was part of a plan
>>
>>81195204
>implying
>no argument
why did you even bother to response, dumbass
>>
>>
>>81195295
>Jack left
No he didn't. Jack said himself that he was going to stay and oversee the cache's recovery, while Featherstone ferried Max and others away.
>Jack and Silver had been in cahoots to give Flint the chance to live
I know. Which is why saying that Silver would kill Flint before even proposing this chance makes no sense.
>Jack was vague because he honestly didn't know.
He knows whether or not Flint left the island alive because he was still there and that's all that matters.
>>
>>81195295
>>81195424
>ferried Max and others away
Meant to say Madi and others.
>>
>>81195280
>>81194965
>>81187871

what is it about the show that all the side characters are more interesting that "important" ones
>>
>>81195376
You should make more posts about how Flint is a faggot.
>>
>>81195470
>those characters
>interesting
>more interesting than the main ones
Those characters are memorable because they added character and personality to the crew. They weren't "interesting." The three of them combined had maybe 5 lines.
>>
File: a9sd87gf.png (198KB, 300x291px) Image search: [Google]
a9sd87gf.png
198KB, 300x291px
>>81195420
Kek this fucking guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrmfX8QtBfA
>>
>>81195420
>no Billy
>no Joji
>no Joshua
>nothing of the Spaniard that requested rum after Vane stabbed him
>>
>>81195556
I miss the light-hearted atmosphere of the first season ;_;
>>
>>81195633
>Spaniard that requested rum after Vane stabbed him
That guy was Patrician as fuck, Vane shoulda tended his wounds and recruit him to the crew
>>
>>81176809
Gay seamen? That's quite a stretch.
>>
File: Matte Kudasai Furinto Sama.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
Matte Kudasai Furinto Sama.webm
3MB, 900x506px
>>81195549
>lines = interesting
Wrong.
>>
>>81195785
I agree, but you only find those characters so interesting because they had no lines so you can't possibly know anything about them. That, and two they were all pretty unique to the crew in appearance and weapon of choice.
>>
>>81195125
Maybe he did suggest it but Flint didnt believe him :)

Or maybe he tried to find if Thomas was there but he wasnt. We never had confirmation he was.
>>
File: BScrew.jpg (170KB, 674x1146px) Image search: [Google]
BScrew.jpg
170KB, 674x1146px
>>81195633
Billy should kys
>>
one of the worst finales i've ever seen
>>
File: tumblr_inline_n0ijw5TjBs1qlue6r.png (196KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_n0ijw5TjBs1qlue6r.png
196KB, 500x281px
>>81195990
Anyone else think that if the actor playing Dufresne hadn't had to be replaced (poor guy got a tumor on his brain or something) we would have gotten something different of the character?

His role was downplayed radically after the replacement, doubt it was a coincidence
>>
>>81195929
>but dude, maybe this thing that isn't hinted or suggested happened!
>or maybe this other thing that isn't hinted or suggested happened!
Dude, maybe the everything after Flint and Silver's confrontation on the island was a starvation borne hallucination/nightmare from Billy.

Jesus.

Jack was fucking there. If Flint boarded the ship to depart, Jack saw him do it, and he'd have no reason to lie to Madam Guthrie about it.

If you're so fucking desperate for this end then stick to your head-canon but just stop spouting as though the show offers any sort of support because whatever support there may be is heavily outweighed by support of the contrary, support that Flint is still alive.
>>
>The ending to Black Sails was satisfying when it came to Captain Flint but unsatisfying as a whole (but in no way as bad as Battlestar Galactica‘s ending or as terrible as Dexter‘s last episode). The viewer just wanted more from Black Sails‘ ending. That need, that expectation came from the high-bar Black Sail had set for itself when it came to its narrative. The viewer wanted the story to end with a bang. Instead, it ended with two inseparable friends on-deck speaking about Flint’s treasure, a notorious flag (was that the flag Charlotte designed in Season 2?), and a particular new crewman.
http://film-book.com/tv-review-black-sails-season-4-episode-10-xxxviii-starz/
>>
>>81196266
Dude, all show was about Flint and Silver using deception on their crew. Do you really believe it would be that farfetched that their last deception on the show would be on the audience?
>>
>>81195100
Yeah fuck Max, what a cunt
>>
>>81192094
>>81196266
>>81194864

>head-canon

Please kys
>>
>>81196947
Flint and Silver don't know about the audience m8
>>
>>81196947
Yes. I absolutely think that's farfetched, because this is the last episode is supposed to provide some resolution, not some elaborate deception that betrays the happy, warm feeling of the last half of the last episode.
>>
>>81196947
>>81197082
*this is the last episode and audiences want resolution
>>
>>81195990
What the fuck happed to Ben Gunn? Isn't he supposed to be on the island, and not Billy Bones?
>>
File: 1488313413309.jpg (21KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1488313413309.jpg
21KB, 400x388px
There maybe a Treasure Island spin-off of Black Sails in the works.

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/black-sails/259056/black-sails-a-treasure-island-spin-off-might-happen

Won't be the same without Flint though.
>>
File: 1489358805976.jpg (70KB, 770x760px) Image search: [Google]
1489358805976.jpg
70KB, 770x760px
>>81176635
stopped watching it after I realized it was sjw propaganda.

The manliest cunt on earth suddenly becomes a fag,
that lady also suddenly becomes a lezbo after she gets her cunt licked by a nigger, also in the same reason I think, which leads me to believe that's when the sjws got in.
>>
>>81197247
Thanks for stopping by and telling us.
>>
>>81197247
season not reason
>>
>>81196266
Yeah, try to ignore the birds and Silvers crew rushing to them. Try to ignore the light colors when Silver is telling his tale, sugesting that it was merely a happy fantasy.

Jack would agree to say anything that Silver wanted and maybe Silver just didn't want anyone else to know the truth.
>>
>>81197220
I really, really hope they don't do this, not if they're going to just end it prematurely and rush everything.
>>
>>81197286
no worries lad
>>
>>81195556
Lel.

Also Gates was such a great character.
>>
File: 1479488245499.jpg (141KB, 543x405px) Image search: [Google]
1479488245499.jpg
141KB, 543x405px
>>81197312
>the light colors when Silver is telling his tale, sugesting that it was merely a happy fantasy.

Yep, this is probably the most strong clue for that part being a fantasy. Birds help a bit too. On the other hand we have Jack telling that old hag otherwise when he absolutely has no reason to, or that it would make no sense for the crew not to notice that Flint didn't return with the shore party.

It's probably the faggot director or the screenwriter wanting to let the audience choose whatever ending they'd like, and I think it is fucking gay
>>
>>81197312
I'm not ignoring the birds. I said earlier that that may have been a device used to introduce ambiguity and make audiences wonder if Silver had killed him. They did the same thing in the previous episode when Joji and Flint were fighting.

Those light colors don't mean anything. The opening scene with Silver's guy investigating the plantation also used light colors, and it makes no sense to assume that's a fantasy.

>Jack would say anything that Silver wanted
No he wouldn't, not without reason, and you still haven't given reason for why Silver would care so much.

We don't even know how much Jack told Silver of his intent with Madam Guthrie.
>>
>>81197016
The showrunners do and i believe it to be a good finale having the audience being the ones getting played.
>>
>>81186018
>What happened with the chest? What happened between Silver and Flint on the island that made the keep the chest there?
This is exactly why I believe that Silver actually killed Flint on the island. He only made up that story so as to not turn Flint into a martyr and, especially in Madi's eyes.
>>
>>81176809
The fact that they used his gay identity as a fucking plot twist was ridicilous.I am glad i stopped watching it after that.
>>
>>81197622
Oh yeah, not that anon but it doesn't make any fucking sense to me either for Flint not to tell the exact location of the treasure eventually. Yep, Flint's definitely been killed by Silver on the island guys
>>
>>81176809
>When they introduced the faggot storyline I wasn't bothered because it was a fraction of the show and wasn't brought up again.
Things people say when they binge watch a show and not week by week for two years.
>>
>>81197497
>wanting to let the audience choose whatever ending they'd like
The more I think about it the more I think that's what happened and why there's a time-skip after Flint and Silver's confrontation and we never see Flint again. I hate this shit so much.

>>81197622
>This is exactly why I believe that Silver actually killed Flint
Why?

Flint could conceive of reasons to abandon the war, and Silver can show him those reasons are possible. That was the whole point of Savannah.

Silver creating that story and perpetuating it to the pirates doesn't account for the pirates that would've seen Flint never return and Jack lying to Madam Guthrie for no reason.
>>
>>81197769
>it doesn't make any fucking sense to me either for Flint not to tell the exact location of the treasure eventually
What?

You mean it makes no sense for Silver to believe that Flint would ever let go of the treasure?
>>
>>81197855
What I meant is Flint would have no reason not to tell Silver the treasure's location once he re-unites with his fuckboy
>>
>>81197559
Because if people found out he killed Flint would be chaos.
>>
>>81197622
Silver isn't such a brute to kill Flint, who teached him everything just like that

but looks weird that Hands and Gunn bring Flint to that plantation. Now everybody knows that Flint is fag, and that's he's not dead? and also not telling the treasure's place... and they're okay with that??
>>
>>81197934
Doesn't make any sense. If Silver suspected Flint would tell him the treasure's location or that he abandon the treasure and its pursuit, he wouldn't have bothered scouting the plantation and preparing an alternative life for him.

>>81197951
Chaos where? On Nassau? Jack still wouldn't have reason to keep that information from Madam Guthrie. She wants to restore Nassau as much as they do, so she'd make sure no one but herself, Max, and Jack (the only people who were in the room when Jack was talking about Flint and what happened to him) found out.
>>
>>81197934
Silver didn't want the treasure.No treasure no war.
>>
>>81195100
see
>>81177171

progressives are ruining art
>>
>>81195130
This used to annoy me because I thought it was a good show. Now I realize it annoyed me because it was true all along.
>>
>>81198172
It wasn't just up to Silver. No way the other men would have just taken Flint to meetup with his boyfriend without first having gotten the location of the treasure out of him. If it wasn't for them leaving the treasure behind then I'd have more doubts but this is, to me, the most compelling evidence that Flint died on the island.
>>
>>81195890
now knowing the intentions of the writers they're probably all homosexual racemixers anyway. better that we know nothing about them.
>>
>>81198446
If you believe that then you believe that Silver wasted months investigating that plantation.
>>
Is this another one of those cuck productions where the British Empire is painted as the bad guys?
>>
Flint is dead and Silver rused some of you guys.
>>
>>81197573
Yeah, that's a good plan. How should we end our show, m80s? The audience is expecting something big Yeah? Fuck the audience.
>>
>>81198593
I believe that Silver wanted to find Thomas there. But we never get 1st person confirmation that he actually found him. The show deliberately leaves this open-ended. Even if he had found him and offered Flint this end, there's no guarantee that Flint would just give up his crusade. I just don't see any rational explanation for not recovering the treasure chest if in fact Flint really does agree to Silver's deal.
>>
>>81197686
Your loss.
>>
Even the narration after Silver's story is telling.
>a story is true, a story is untrue.
>>
>>81198703
No if you believe Silver didn't trust Flint to not tell the men where the treasure was/the men to not force Flint to tell them where the treasure was, then Silver's efforts to find Thomas were moot because couldn't trust Flint and was going to kill him no matter what.
>>
>>81198136
And that's why Flint is actually dead.
>>
I was pissed about the hamfisted gay shit as well, but it's such a minor part of the show.

BS was one of the better shows that have been made in years.
>>
>>81198756
That was from Jack, and he was referencing Vane's inaccurate reputation in Philadelphia and Roger's inaccurate auto-biography.

That is in no way a suggestion that Silver killed Flint.
>>
>>81198617
Yes
>>
In hindsight, Silver was nothing like the LJS from the book.

Show Silver was uncharismatic and constantly whining and emo.
>>
>>81198782
Silver was a man that always kept his options open. He didn't want to kill him and sincerely regarded him as a friend. But he also knew that Flint needed to be stopped. Not just because of Madi but to save Flint even from himself. He wanted Flint to take the option but we don't know if Thomas was ever really found and if he was, that Flint would give up the war for him. Remember Flint's speech to Silver where he says that Silver would lose Madi if he gives up the war? Well, Thomas was also very passionate about this very war. The Flint that we know would not give up, he would feel like it would dishonor Thomas if he did.
>>
>>81198843
It references a lot of things. It's one of the themes of the show. The fact that it comes right after Silver's story make it really hard to believe that it's not being referenced in that line.
>>
>>81189392
Not an argument
>>
>>81198987
Didn't he tell Max early in the season that he found him though?

I just wonder why he waited until the worst possible time to tell him.
>>
>>81199134
Hmm, I'll have to look back to see but I don't remember that. And I'd find it odd to have such a reveal spoiled so early in the season.
>>
>>81198987
None of this is relevant to what I said.

If you believe Silver didn't trust his men/didn't trust Flint in regards to the treasure, then you believe Silver wasted his time.

I don't need a summation on their relationship and their motives.

Also, Thomas wasn't passionate about the war. Thomas wanted to illustrate the utility and reality of the universal pardon, a pardon which Flint and his men have been rejecting for over a season at this point.

>>81199039
You make a fair point.

But that's only a story instead of a reality if you believe that Silver never told Flint about Thomas or they couldn't reach some resolution and that Jack for whatever perpetuated Silver's story to Guthrie when it served no purpose.
>>
>>81176635
Butt Pirates.
>>
>>81199221
I'm not that anon but I was following your conversation. Maybe I'm a retard but I still don't get your point.

>If you believe Silver didn't trust his men/didn't trust Flint in regards to the treasure, then you believe Silver wasted his time.

The fuck is this supposed to mean, why would any of the men accept the scenario in which Flint would be sent away to the other side of the world while they get absolutely nothing as far as the treasure is concerned

I'm sleepy so sorry if I'm genuinely talking nonsense
>>
File: best-pirate.jpg (231KB, 1789x1003px) Image search: [Google]
best-pirate.jpg
231KB, 1789x1003px
I'm really glad Jack survived, also Flint got shot, Silver was just lying
>>
>>81199343
I'm not saying the men should accept that.

I only mean that in the event that the men don't accept Flint leaving and the treasure remaining in the ground, the only way to placate the men is if Silver kills Flint and ensures no one learns of the treasure's location.
>>
>>81199381
>also Flint got shot
If you were confident in that you'd tell us why and invite us to say why you're full of shit.
>>
>>81199221
It's not that Silver doesn't trust his men but that Silver is also a realist. He's not going to just put all his eggs in one basket. He did investigated the plantation but we don't know what the outcome of that investigation was. And even though Silver might think that a reunion with Thomas would undo Flint's motivation for war; we don't know that it would have been enough for Flint. Once Madi was safe, I don't think Silver even cared all that much about the treasure. His men, and Jack, however would not just let Flint leave the Island without it.

But hey, I think that's what makes this finale so satisfying. It's amazing that even though we don't get an explicit ending, we do get closure. We get the ending we want to believe.
>>
>>81199450
>the only way to placate the men is if Silver kills Flint and ensures no one learns of the treasure's location
This is exactly what I think did happen.

I'm that anon.
>>
So why did Madi forgive Silver in two minutes
>>
>>81199590
So do we all agree that Silver shot Flint on the island?
>>
>>81199654
She loves Silver and knows that his intentions, while not her own, are pure.
>>
>>81199691
Well I do. I'd like to think that Flint died with his convictions. It's the best way to honor him. I think I'll buy a parrot and name him after him.
>>
>>81199536
>It's not that Silver doesn't trust his men but that Silver is also a realist
Still not satisfied with that.

Even on the island, when Flint and Silver were alone and Silver had him at gunpoint, Silver wanted to reason and find an alternative solution for Flint. He clearly believed his men would abandon the effort at that point, otherwise he would've just killed Flint immediately.

>>81199590
See above.

Placating the men should've been a realistic concern but clearly Silver wasn't going to kill Flint for that reason alone.
>>
>>81199481
>>81199481
Like some others said, this scene is pretty suspicious. >>81192692
Also Jack talking to the boy at the end about true and false stories gives some doubts about what happened
>>
>>81198703
>>81199381
>Flint got shot, Silver was just lying
lets list some proves then, or explain how it happened

The direction never made such gimmicks which you say, like what was in True Detectives, telling a story, and sgowing another, so show me some proves pls
>>
>>81199691
No gunshot, no body, no death.
>>
>>81200066
If Flint wasn't killed, he would have gotten his own ending segment from his perspective and not from Silvers.

You are literally a moron.
>>
>>81177095
historically mary read was also known as mark read
>>
>>81195990
Whatever happened to Dooley? Didn't Flint leave him to actually bury the cache? Wasn't Ben Gunn supposed to get stranded on that island instead of Billy?
>>
>>81199955
>Silver wasn't going to kill Flint for that reason alone.
Of course not. He needed the treasure to placate the men but needed Flint to give up on his war first - he killed Flint because he was unwilling to do the latter. Flint with the treasure was a weaponized Flint. The men, and Madi (Madi would follow him regardless) would follow him. The more I think about it, the more I realize that Silver was going to kill him no matter what once they went back onto the island. Remember that he did his plantation investigation way back before the Spanish intervention. At that time, his motivations would have been totally different. If he had found Thomas he would have revealed it a lot earlier.
>>
>>81178288
he was taken in bearing chains but they released him from his shackles once the bag of gold was handed over because they were cautious of funny business.

it's obviously thomas was released and the two fagged it out till flint dies from drinking too much rum
>>
>>81200026
There's no proof, only a story - told by the greatest liar.
>>
>>81200256
I still disagree.

Silver clearly didn't intend to kill Flint the moment they hit the island. He says as much himself that he's willing to sit there for years if it can help Flint see an alternative to his war. To believe that Silver was going to kill Flint no matter what when they returned to the island is turning a blind eye to objective, and obvious sincerity in Silver's dialogue. He wanted an alternative for Flint. He didn't want to kill him.

I also disagree that Silver would've told Flint about Thomas earlier if he'd found him. After they'd captured the greater Nassau (all but the fort) they still needed to restore the place to prominence and Flint was going to be instrumental in that process.
>>
File: 1435108233127-0.gif (2MB, 235x240px) Image search: [Google]
1435108233127-0.gif
2MB, 235x240px
... I... Loved... it!

I only thought that season 1 and 2 were the only good ones, the other ones just bored me to death and I hoped to god that this finale would make up for it and it did by horse lengths!

The scene between Flint and Thomas made me cry, the reveal of him being alive shocked me more than anything I've seen in a tv-series I think, the fight scene was something I had been waiting for for two seasons.

But I think my favorite part of the whole finale was this

I've always wondered (Being a bit of a /his/ fag) where the hell Mary Read was throughout the entire show. Always wondered if they just missed her and the last scene with Jack and the "guy" made me wonder: "Heh... Would be funny if that was Mary... Is it?" and then when she introduced herself as "Mark Read" it just flipped my world.

I'd give it a 10/10.
>>
swn...
>>
File: FUCKIN QUEEAS.gif (2MB, 320x178px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKIN QUEEAS.gif
2MB, 320x178px
>literally me during the finale
>>
>it wasnt memeing, the shitposting about the shitty ending were real
>>
>>81176635
This was a pretty great show all things considered. It didn't wear out its welcome by any means. It's definitely made me want to read Treasure Island as an adult or watch a good adaptation of it.

Really, that's a remake I would be happy watching it was played completely straight. Billy, stroking out on rum and all.

Rackham really broke free from his typecast as "Tall, midget, Tyrion clone" and became a pretty great character in his own right. Despite being kept out of the final conflict between Flint and Silver.
>>
>>81200026
>silver points a gun at flint
>cut away to some other guys
>silent scene, birds fly away and everyone looks in the same direction at the same time
>they walk towards it to see what happened

>silver tells the story about how flint "retires"
>immediately after jack goes into a monologue about stories and not to believe everything you hear

it was telegraphed pretty hard, I'm astounded by how many people in this thread think the flint story was the real ending
>>
>>81201409
It was a 3/10 show anon

It was nothing compared to what it could have been
>>
If Silver had found Thomas he would bring it way sooner to get Flint on his side on several times. Instead we get a "Thomas is alive" only when he is telling his story to Maddie
>>
>>81201665
it excelled beyond the vast majority of shows in certain regards like handling an ensemble cast of characters and having actual character development
>>
>>81201865
*the subject, not Thomas himself. Like, you help me saving Maddie and I get you Thomas.
>>
>>81201515
Flint was the protagonist though.
>>
>>81201665
You are a 3/10 poster, anon
>>
OHHHHHHHHHHHH WE GOTTA SERIES FINALE IN A FEW BINGS, SENPAIS

SO MUCH TIME INVESTED FOR THE ANSWER TO ONE BIG QUESTION:

WHEN FLINT & SILVER FINALLY CONSUMMATE THEIR RELATIONSHIP, WHO WILL BE THE TOP, AND WHO BE 'OTHER THAN THE TOP'

ENJOY!!
>>
A pirate in many ways. Hehehe
>>
File: 1433615598501.jpg (159KB, 590x683px) Image search: [Google]
1433615598501.jpg
159KB, 590x683px
>tfw no Calico Jack adventure show

>the way Anne and Jack hugged at the end
>>
>>81201865
>>81201929
>you help me, I help you
That's not friendship. Silver wouldn't have resorted to that until it had become clear that he and Flint weren't friends.
>>
>>81202858
Once, a few years ago, a girl hugged me.
>>
That was beautiful, but I wanted something related to Vane in this episode.
>>
>>81202858
>tfw Jack will die via hanging in a couple years
I'm glad they didn't show it in the show but it's still kinda sad. He looked so proud and optimistic only to get hung after everything he's survived. Really love the character even though he was kinda being retarded this season.
>>
File: The fates.png (860KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
The fates.png
860KB, 1600x900px
I think there's some strong ambiguity throughout the episode to have people doubt the official narrative, that flint willingly retired to pleasure prison.

and it's not just one thing, it's a collection of smaller subtle elements that open the door for plausible deniability on both sides of the story. because stories are true and untrue.

it's ultimately up to you the viewer, to decide one which story you like more, and that's the story that will last. I'm literally paraphrasing jack here.

How you fucks haven't figured this shit out already is beyond me.

it's Schrodinger cat in the box. AND FLINT IS THE CAT. HE IS BOTH DEAD AND ALIVE.

Pic related, the three fates spinning their yarn.
>>
>>81204150
the parallels of Flint to Odysseus are fantastic
>>
File: nani sore.png (1MB, 1254x871px) Image search: [Google]
nani sore.png
1MB, 1254x871px
Well shit I'm completely late to the thread but I hope we can start a new one once this reaches bump limit/

I have to say I fucking LOVED this episode. I saw that gay ending from episodes away and was disappointed for the asspull of Thomas surviving but I didn't mind it given the episode delivered so many ways.

FlintVBilly and Billy's descent into madness was great. He hadn't gone through 15 men and a dead man's chest so that was disappointing.

Idelle lived and is now probably Featherstone's assistant and wife. Jack fucking delivered and seeing him in action was great. The hug with Anne sealed it along with him whispering "what governor?" to Max.

My only concern was that Ben Gunn honestly was the weakest aspect and they should've focused on him more in the final season.

I'll be taking Webm requests for the episode now.
>>
>>81176635
>>81176635
Shit and I didn't even watch it.
>>
>>81182032
This ending didn't matter me because it was already established he was in love with his buttbuddy.

The reveal of him being gay however came outta nowhere. It was full fucking bullshit.
>>
>>81204047
He wasn't that bad this season, but in terms of the Blackbeard surrender I'd say it was the weakest point on his behalf.
>>
>>81204456
people would call it even more bullshit if he had been openly gay from the beginning via buttpirates with everyone else in Nassau. I'm not a big fan of sudden faggotry but being Flint's one weakness, being bisexual and all, I guess I can let it slide because they had so many ways of spinning the story to making Silver gay to having a menage a tois if the writing was weaksauce.
>>
>>81203857
You're right. Eleanor wasn't mentioned but her family presence was still there and I reckon she was to make a final Yoda appearance via hallucination of Woodes.
>>
>>81201515
I love that ambiguity.
>>
File: Silversurrender.jpg (89KB, 877x610px) Image search: [Google]
Silversurrender.jpg
89KB, 877x610px
Man I just can't into the fact that this was Silver in Season 1. What a transformation.
>>
That battle with the big bad governor was fucking pathetic

How long did it last? 5 minutes? We didn't even get a proper swordfight with him.

>let me just crash my boat into the other guys even though I can just shoot from a distance and give them the only chance they have at winning (boarding) and get completely overrun despite having the numerical advantage and training

How did this guy survive more than an episode?
>>
File: From one cook to another.webm (3MB, 900x506px) Image search: [Google]
From one cook to another.webm
3MB, 900x506px
>>81205587
This fucking scene man.
>>
>>81205708
Driven by emotions. He pretty much wanted everyone to suffer given he kept seeing Eleanor whenever he's alone.

Besides "last episode rushing", I'm split at how the battle was. Then again seeing him fight against Flint and Jack was pretty great.
>>
>>81205587
>we didnt got the parrot

im still buttmad
>>
File: dino ham.jpg (149KB, 1141x771px) Image search: [Google]
dino ham.jpg
149KB, 1141x771px
>>81206085
Neither did Ben get marooned but I'm guessing that if they make a sequel series, they'd have to use a real parrot or CG one, or both.
>>
New thread matees

>>81205570/
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.