[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will they ever make a Half-Life movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

File: drbreen.jpg (21KB, 500x268px) Image search: [Google]
drbreen.jpg
21KB, 500x268px
Will they ever make a Half-Life movie?
>>
WELCOME
>>
TO
>>
CITY
>>
>>81170535
maybe
but it'd be shit like all video game movies

just watch freeman's mind instead
>>
>>81170535
>>
File: IMG_3353.jpg (54KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3353.jpg
54KB, 620x375px
>>81170535
Pic related would be a great fit for Dr. Breen
>>
>>81170535
Imagine the amount of crappy CGI they woud put in the movie.
>>
Scarlett johansen would play gorden
>>
GTA5's profits blew films out of the water. It should be films being turned into videogames, not the opposite.
>>
hardcore henry was just a test run for a First Person view movie. Thats what Half Life movie will be
>>
It could work, the gameplay and story were always pretty separate.
It'd have to be just set in the universe though, and hopefully not have a bunch of embarrassing nods to the games whilst trying to explain how the Black Mesa incident related to what is happening in the movie
>>
>>81170655
>>
>>81170740
GTA 5's success is not the norm.
>>
There isn't much a story to adapt, the plot is expliocitly B-movie and relies on interactive properties on vidya to stay entertaining. Once you take that away, you realise that the whole thing is about mute guy in bad Iron-Man cosplay punching aliens with a crowbar
>>
Someone in Hollywood gave Gabe Newell a script and he said they don't know any shit about Half Life.
>>
Why would they?
>>
You'll get a Portal movie and realise how wrong you were to pine for a Half Life movie.
>>
>>81170535
it's not something that needs a movie
>>
>>81170655
You have chosen, or been chosen
>>
I am pretty sure Jar Jar says he's going to tackle it. Since he's an Uber Jew I have no doubt he will get it made. I hate him so much though for fucking Star Wars and Cloverfield, I can't complain since Valve refuses to finish the series.
>>
>>81171002
As if Gaben knows shit about Half Life, they clearly gave up on finishing the series years ago, my guess is around the time they found out that getting the community to create virtual items and then printing the virtual customizables for free earned them more money than they ever could have made by making actual video games.

That, as well as owning Steam, literally means that it's an unnecessary risk trying to make a new game, even though Half Life 3 would break all profit records.
>>
>Ryan Gosling as fully mute Gordon (He's great at acting purely with his facial expressions)
>Timothy Olyphant as Barney
>Christopher Walken as G-Man
First movie covers the first game, events are changed so that Barney and Gordon team-up in their escape. Barney's talkative and funny, Gordon's the straight man, never speaking.
They separate when it comes time to hit the portal to Xen, final 20 minutes are Gordon silently taking them down. He takes G-Man's offer reluctantly.

>Rosario Dawson as Alyx
>Bill Cosby as Eli
>Christopher Lloyd as Dr. Vance
>Carice van Houten as Judith
>John Davies-Rhys as Grigori
> >>81170698 as Breen
Second movie covers the events of 2 and episode 1, Alyx replaces Barney's original role.
A third movie is made to cover the events of episode 2 and Half Life 3
A special edition is released years later, it only adds multiple amounts of ferns to the scenery.
>>
>>81171226
cringe
>>
>>81171069
This is the only thing worthwhile with the concept.
A 3 hour long dark comedy/drama, played in the style of a biographical Scorcese pic, about Cave's rise and fall could be great.
>>
>>81171226
>Rosario Dawson as Alyx
That would make me so angry. She's busted. Alyx is supposed to be younger. I thought that bitch who plays Tara would've made a good choice but lately she's been a real mess.
>>
>>81171226
I hate seeing people attempt to cast movies. People always choose actors that are way too old for the part.
>>
>>81171226
>Christopher Walken as G-Man
it'd have to be some no name, has to be as weird and as foreign to people as possible
>John Rhys-Davies as Gregori
now this I can get behind
>>
Reminder that Freeman's Mind 2 came out today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbdo8VCAaV4
>>
Why? Is there anything unique or spectacular about Half Life 2 that makes it worth adapting to another medium or something about being a film that would add to it in any meaningful war? Is there any reason it should be a movie at all besides soothing the artistic inferiority complexes of gamurrs?
>>
>>81171564
Holy fuck, I began watching that years ago.

He unironically finished the first game?
>>
>>81171612
>he's 2 years late to the party
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ex-Da3NC83o
>>
>>81171612
Yeah, I think there were about 68 episodes in total for the first game. You can find them all on the same channel
>>
>>81171429

JJ Abrams is writing it though
>>
They're never even going to ever make another Half-Life game, there's no reason to bother with a movie
>>
>adapting video games into films
No, just no

least of all Half Life 2
>>
File: IMG_9086.png (489KB, 600x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9086.png
489KB, 600x490px
>half life movie

What is this, 2007?
>>
>>81170535

A reminder that selling humanity into slavery isn't as bad as it sounds.
>>
File: 1390823991780.jpg (476KB, 1920x1087px) Image search: [Google]
1390823991780.jpg
476KB, 1920x1087px
>>81171805
>2007 was ten years ago
>Half Life was first launched almost twenty years ago
>>
>>81171565
>Is there anything unique or spectacular about Half Life 2 that makes it worth adapting to another medium or something about being a film that would add to it in any meaningful way
Yes. Obviously. There's not much Fascist Kino out there.
>>
>>81171829
t. breen
>>
File: 073012-paul-dano.jpg (54KB, 620x375px) Image search: [Google]
073012-paul-dano.jpg
54KB, 620x375px
>>81170535
i don't know, but i'll love to see Paul Dano as Freeman... after all, Freeman is like 27 in the game... and he looks nerdy enough desu.
>>
>>81170535
Anthony Hopkins for Breen?
>>
>>81172241
i love dano, but i think that's a terrible cast

also he would look bad with a circle beard
>>
What exactly did the combine do wrong?
>>
>>81172081

https://youtu.be/sFU6hxFfJac?t=3m33s
>>
Yes, and the sequel will be called life.
>>
>>81172311

>but i think that's a terrible cast
>inb4 you make a cast based solely on appearance
>>
>>81172311
i don't care, i need to believe that the main character is a nerd trapped in a lab, and that he is doing everything to get out alive...
>>
>>81172399
Paul Dano isn't god's gift to acting. Idris Elba isn't god's gift to acting.
>>
>>81170740
>release the same game on 5 platforms
>lots of people that bought it multiple times on multiple platforms
>still sells for $60 almost 4 years after release
>>
Hardcore Henry rocks!!!
>>
>>81172399
Paul Dano looks nerdy, but he doesn't look like someone who would use a shotgun to kill a zombie with a giant crab on his head and feel nothing afterwards.
And Paul Dano is a great actor, i don't want him mixed with vidyashit.
>>
>>81172241
That would be classic.
>>
why not just play the fucking game

most games dont translate well cause the story is built around gameplay and immersion.
>>
muh city scanners
>>
We'll see what happens I guess. Have loved the HL games for a long time now, but I don't have any high hopes for them seeing a resolution to the series any time soon.

I know Jar Jar has been trying to make it happen but it doesn't seem to be his top priority. He's still producing Star Wars and Mission: Impossible and probably has his own projects he's working on.

I get why a lot of people don't like Bad Robot, but I've liked some of their films and I think Dan Trachtenberg the guy who did the newest Cloverfield, could actually have a decent shot at making a good Half Life or maybe even a Portal movie.
>>
>>81172651

Anyone remember Tripods?
>>
File: neo.jpg (52KB, 700x933px) Image search: [Google]
neo.jpg
52KB, 700x933px
Portal would be much better
>>
an aged Michael Kelly ala Brando in the Godfather would work as G-Man better than anyone
>>
>>81172884
Portal sucks. No it wouldn't make a more compelling film. No one cares about your quirky robot. You only shill Portal since it's something you can beat in 2 hours.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.