[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this show actually good or is it eye rolling white people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: 51117B9VzxL._SX940_.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
51117B9VzxL._SX940_.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
Is this show actually good or is it eye rolling white people r evil nazis xd lib trash?
>>
2nd season is pretty good
>>
>>81167768
It's decent
>>
topic, plot and politics aside, i felt that i was just another 6/10 show.
>>
>>81167768
It's decent
>>
>>81167768
i enjoy the pacing of it. they let the concept breathe.
>>
>>81167768
Phillip Dick was both a brilliant and an absolutely terrible writer. But I haven't watched it because I thought it would be "Le white people are ebil series 11,278" (brought to you by Jews).

I just can't take that trope anymore. And I'm a liberal. If I see it one more time I'm going to vomit.
>>
>>81168697
I honestly feel the same way, it's really mediocre overall even though the concept itself is very interesting and has so much potential.
>>
>tfw they never say the word "jew" in the whole show
>>
>>81169624
Uh... that's completely false. I distinctly remember Fink being a jew a major plot point in the first and second seasons, as the Kempaitai knew and the Japs are supposed to report jews to the Nazis.
>>
>>81167768
Its pretty mediocre.

>>81168697
dis
>>
>>81169624
There's no such thing anymore
>>
>>81169680
they just say semite.
>>
>>81169788
well it means the same thing, so it's all semantics.
>>
>>81167768
>xd nazis so gud, jews made me poor and stupid
>>
>>81167768
>is it eye rolling white people r evil nazis xd lib trash?
It's definitely not that.

The first season starts out looking like it might go that way, but Hitler is depicted pretty positively throughout, and by the second season the resistance fighters and the Nazis conspiring against Hitler are the villains, while the loyal Nazis are the heroes.
>>
>>81167768
For me it started as the latter but after the first few episodes I got really into it. There's still cringy shit later on but it's pretty interesting. Can't say I care too much for the supernatural stuff.

>>81169624
>>81169680
I'm pretty sure at least the japs say the word jew. The nazis refer to them as semites.
>>
I like it, going into s02ep02 . Sure, some white people are LEL EVIL NAZIS, but a bunch of white characters are good. There are evil japs and nazis and even good japs and nazis. The show is pretty equal in that sense for the most part.
>>
>>81169841
yes but the point is that it's a weird choice of words. was it just too real to have the nazis saying "filthy jew" and stuff?
>>
>>81169999
Posts like this really make me realize just how differently we see things based on what our values are.

The only way I can possibly agree with that Hitler is presented positively is to say he's not presented as a monster but just as a man like any other. I think that's sort of the point of the show. The guy playing obergruppenführer puts it very well in his interviews.

Just because you're on the side of nazis does not make you inherently a bad person and fighting nazis does not automatically make you a good person.
>>
>>81169484
>And I'm a liberal
classical, not progressive I take it?
>>
>>81170099
The only jew in the show is on the west coast which is occupied by japs. Maybe jews were mentioned when the swedish guy and John talk about V day and lynch mobs but I don't remember.
>>
>>81170099
Are you kidding, jews would love having that in to remind everyone who the vitctim is every 5 seconds
>>
>>81170099
Yeah, like how they say "pon" instead of nip.
>>
>>81170279
i don't think they say anything outright in that scene. the antiquarian is the only guy i remember saying something like "if we hadn't won the semites would have ruled the world" shen he's eating dinner with the japanese rich couple.
>>81170327
alternate universe where the only difference is racial slurs and that the axis powers won ww2?
>>
as a practicing nazi I was not offended by the show. It mostly paints the japs as assholes.
They do mention the poor jews in the camps once or twice but who gives a crap about them really?

They mirror nazi america to a better version of the 1950's
Also the resistance are hated by most of the people that watch the show, they are such assholes.
>>
>>81171113
What the fuck's a practicing nazi?
>>
>>81168697
Same

It's really meh. Only good parts are Smith and the two Jap dudes.
>>
>>81171387
What I meant is that I am part of a nazi organization. English is not my mother tongue.
>>
>>81171387
>What the fuck's a practicing nazi?
he is still in the hogwarts for nazis obviously.your lack of knowledge is disturbing.
>>
File: fx49IuK.png (512KB, 802x697px) Image search: [Google]
fx49IuK.png
512KB, 802x697px
>>81171532
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.