[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Television SF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: tvsf.jpg (578KB, 1832x1037px) Image search: [Google]
tvsf.jpg
578KB, 1832x1037px
What would you consider to be quality 'lesser seen' or non-uber-mainstream TV science fiction? Currently looking for stuff to watch and archive that everyone hasn't seen, avoiding series like Star Trek, BSG, Stargate, etc, but I'm not having much luck finding things that are worth watching.

Any suggestions? Picture is the majority of what I've downloaded so far.
>>
Dollhouse is underrated.
>>
>>81144468
>Blake's 7
>Jeremiah
>Wild Palms
Patrician in the making.
>>
Fringe? That's pretty mainstream though
>>
Neon Genesis Evangelion and Gunbuster. I don't care about different medium. These two are the best sci-fi series OF ALL TIME.
>>
The Hitch-hiker's Guide to the Galaxy (1981) is really funny. It has a ton of sight gags that the radio play, books, and game couldn't really pull off.
>>
File: Farscape2x04.png (1MB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
Farscape2x04.png
1MB, 720x540px
>>81144468
>Farscape
Watch that first
>>
>>81144550
It was actually pretty decent until that last episode, or at least watchable. Even that finale would have been alright if they didn't cast Felicia Day.

>>81144596
>in the making
Anything in that listing I've seen, and I watched Blake's 7 as a kid with my dad.

>>81144650
Although it was a pretty enjoyable trainwreck near the end, I think it'd be pretty popular given JJ's juice all over it. I'm mainly looking for something that I haven't seen that slipped through the cracks somehow.

>>81144672
:^)
>>
Journeyman
>>
Legend of the Galactic Heroes

It's the only non-embarrassing scifi anime.

It actually has a respectable soundtrack of classical music, and it doesn't rely on cringeworthy gimmicks like pandering fanservice or oh-so-badass (*teleports behind you* "Nothing personal, kid") action scenes.
>>
>>81144868
>Even that finale would have been alright if they didn't cast Felicia Day.
Reasonable opinion. I happen to like Felicia Day, but more for who she is rather than her acting skill. She's a wonderful person but her acting leaves a lot to be desired, by some standards. I personally enjoy her performances, but I understand the viewpoint of those who don't. Still, what a fantastic lady.
>>
>>81145152
European classical music in a Japanese animation is in itself cringeworthy, and also not respectable.
>>
>>81144550

Dollhouse was a bit slow and repetitive for nearly the whole first season, but the last episode of the first season and the entire second season were absolutely crazy. It's like they knew it wasn't going to last past the second season, so they packed eight years of plot ideas into one.
>>
>>81145211
Most of the characters in LoGH are European. Very few Asians, I think none of the main characters are Japanese.
>>
>>81144806
I'll actually pick that up, thanks.

>>81144963
Doesn't really seem my speed; think I'd rather watch Early Edition, if I'm honest.

>>81144822
But I already know that humans are superior.

>>81145152
Even if you stick to just the space opera genre, there's quite a few worth watching just in the 80s/early 90s.
>>
>>81145711
There are plenty of anime series worth watching.

But LoGH is one of the very few that I'm not ashamed to have friends/family know that I watch.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.