[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Expanse

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

So the Martians are basically the best off?

They have to work hard, live in domes, support a huge military, yet they seem to have opportunity and keep the fruits of their labor.

The Belters is some AnCap tribal dystopia. where the only ones that are not poor are the ones in charge of the stations or own their own ship.

On Earth, most people are poor, barely educated, and stuck living in the slums. While the working class and ruling elites seem to be doing well.
>>
Earth > Mars >>>>>>>>> Belter scum

At least on Earth I can be high and miserable.
>>
mars is doomed mate
>>
>>81142316
Earther scum go into vacuum ye?
We BeltAHS!
>>
>>81142316
Earth is neet heaven.
Imagine having basic income and futuristic video games. Anyone picking space/mars labor over that is an idealistic fool.
>>
>>81142316
SHUT DA FUCK UP POMPAW
>>
>>81142316
Earth endures because they are cucking everyone, they so fucking above Mars and The Belt that even their greedy corps can pretty much put the entire universe in peril with their bullshit.
>>
mars = america
earth = europe
the belt = china / africa
>>
>>81142316
Mars is like if Robert Heinlein and Ayn Rand had a planet baby....

I prefer Earth. No thanks wagies!
>>
>>81142866
Are you kidding?

Mars is China. The shitters who are ruthless and autistic and obsessed with a single social idea

Earth is America, degenerate but still powerful

Belters = people who live in banana republic shitholes
>>
>>81142957
the belt is ayn rand.

mars is heinlein

earth is roddenberry but you get to see the shitty underside.
>>
>>81143027
Incorrect.
>>
>>81142316
There's more detail in the books, although I've only read 3 of them and it was a few years ago. Martians I think are pretty well off considering, but they do live in domes on a lifeless husk of a planet. I can't remember the population breakdown, but IIRC it was settled by a lot of Asians and Americans. I think Alex specifically is from some enclave of Texans and Pakistanis or something like that. Earth is a dystopia for most people, unemployment is like 90% of something ridiculous, maybe even higher. There's just no work for people who aren't super specialized or super well educated (or moneyed already so they have things to manage). They sit in their crackerbox apartments doing nothing or jacked into the internet, collecting Basic. And yeah the Belt is pretty much a shithole, but there's also corporate enclaves out there like Tycho Station so it's not all rock hoppers and miners.
>>
Give it to me straight. Is this show worth watching? I didn't like Battlestar Gallactica
>>
>>81143105
no i got tricked into watching it and now i just watch it because theres nothing else to watch
>>
>>81142316
>Yet they seem to have opportunity
Much smaller population than earth and population expansion is only possible by creating and maintaining more domes, creating produce, etc etc. Basically until a very large portion of the planet is teraformed there's gonna always be work
>>
>>81143105
Probably not for you.

Maybe try The Bachelor or The Goldsteins
>>
>>81143096
Funny thing is we are reaaaallly not far off at all from a gattaca type situation where all the good jobs will be taken by genetically modified humans, general labor done by robots, and the basic poor fuck being of absolutely no value.
>>
>>81142316
Earth isn't slum status. Everyone is just a NEET with food and shelter provided for. You already spend most of your time on /tv/. Now you can do it without having to worry about money or your parents yelling at you.
>>
>>81142866
Thats hilariously wrong.
>>
>>81143250
Except as lab rats, can't wait for a real live Eros to happen.
>>
>>81143298
>Earth isn't slum status. Everyone is just a NEET with food and shelter provided for. You already spend most of your time on /tv/. Now you can do it without having to worry about money or your parents yelling at you.

comfy as fuck
>>
>>81143370
Retarded scientist here. The poor aren't good lab rats. You need true randomized controls. If the rich want to experiment to find good drugs for them, their involvement as research participants is necessary.

However there is a possible future where computers and the software modeling get advanced enough that they can do drug modeling for us to enough of a degree of accuracy that testing on live organisms is unnecessary.
>>
File: getting spaced.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
getting spaced.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>>
>>81143464
Did she deserve it?
>>
>>81143409
>If the rich want to experiment to find good drugs for them, their involvement as research participants is necessary

That's why we hook rich college kids on heroin.
>>
>>81143370
Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
>>
>>81143506
Martians always deserve it.
>>
>>81143506
no.

she was a martian that had gone to Ganymede to work. not belter born, but it wasn't like she was fresh of the boat either.
>>
>>81142316
Terran aristocrats have it best off. Martians still have live on a shitty planet. But much better to be a Martian grunt than forced to be a bum.

Belters are untermensch and need to be purged.
>>
File: Nauvoo.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Nauvoo.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>tfw you will never leave the solar system.
>>
>>81143618
your atoms will, in time. It's inevitable. Might take billions of years though.
>>
File: 1477880484523.jpg (68KB, 600x448px) Image search: [Google]
1477880484523.jpg
68KB, 600x448px
>>81143618
>you'll never explore the galaxy with Mittens
>>
holden (and his actor) ruin this show.
>>
>>81143618
why hasn't Tycho Station built a high speed ship yet to fetch the Nauvoo and turn it into a dreadnaught, yet?
>>
>>81143680
Yeah, i hate that faggot.
>>
File: Nauvoo launch.webm (3MB, 728x410px) Image search: [Google]
Nauvoo launch.webm
3MB, 728x410px
>>81143711
Maybe later.
>>
>>81143858
Why'd the Mormons build such a sexual vixen?
>>
>>81143858
at least the Mormons have the right idea. if your planet is crowded and not enough work to go around. you should build generation ships and send millions of people at a time to the stars.

you even do it with everyone knowing they might not make it. then you can make the ships to fail. then people just forget that the ship even launched, or just accept that they died in space from an accident.

if by some miracle they make it to another star and find a planet worth terraforming. then they are hundreds of years and many light years away, and not your problem anymore.
>>
>>81143464
>his last chance at being happy being cruelly ripped away from him
I can't be the only person who was screaming internally during this entire sequence.
>>
There are at least 9 books written or planned. You think Syfy wlll allow a show to go on that long?

Don't even bother getting invested.

Even when it was SciFi, the longest shows ever ran for was 4 seasons.

Hope you faggots enjoy reading.
>>
>>81144085
why are there no season 1 repeats on tv?

i missed the first season.
>>
>>81144085
Netflix will pick it up
>>
>>81144186
I love that reply.

We were made for each other.
>>
does anyone have cibola burn audiobook with the jefferson mays that they can maybe upload to piratebay or something. The other dude that narrates sounds like shit
>>
>>81144085
Syfy will do anything that makes money. If that means doing a new Sharknado every year and showing John Wick then so be it that's gonna happen.
>>
>>81143711
What exactly is the nauvoo doing at this point? I mean it was meant to deflect Eros into the sun, but what the fuck was it's flight plan afterwards?
>>
>>81144301
I don't know how often you've gotten it as a reply but I think I've said it like 4-5 times to you now, in just the basic phrasing, nothing much more elaborate.
>>
>>81144363
It was meant to hit Eros. It's not on the flight plan it's supposed to be on because its original flight plan was to have it collide into Eros. It continued on a straight path instead which wasn't planned for.
>>
>>81144085
How many seasons were there of Stargate, smart guy?
>>
>>81142316
>The Expanse
Found your first mistake
>>
>>81144363
Nauvoo is hurtling out the solar system at the moment.
>>
>>81144329
>TV networks try to make money
No shit
>>
>>81144429
SG1 had 5 seasons on SciFi, So did Atlantis.

Universe had 2. After all of that 'loyalty'

Cunt.

Your show will never finish and you will always be left wondering. Since the show has deviated so much, you will never know how it ends.
>>
File: 1422295713702.jpg (110KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1422295713702.jpg
110KB, 768x1024px
>>81144085
THIS IS YOU FAGGOT. YOU POST THIS IN EVERY THREAD. I BET YOURE A GOOK CHINK FAGGOT. GO JERK OFF TO ANIME YOU BITCH ASS NIGGA
>>
>>81144455
>No means of remotely stopping the ship
Is this the last mention you get of Mormons in the series, just getting cucked out of a space ship?
>>
>>81144618
mormons got dicked.
>>
>
On Earth, most people are poor, barely educated, and stuck living in the slums. While the working class and ruling elites seem to be doing well.
You mean like present day and every fucking day since man got opposable thumbs?
>>
File: fuck-belters.png (43KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
fuck-belters.png
43KB, 900x900px
>>
I. AM. NOMAD.
>>
>>81143027
>the belt is ayn rand.
This seems to makes sense
>>
>>81142316
I dunno, every dollar mars spends towards their military is one that didn't go to terraforming. Stupid dusters will never see a green mars
>>
>>81143027
>>81145264
they literally say "the way of the belt" is everyone sharing equally. t
>>
>>81145487
I want to believe otherwise.
>>
File: DrapersAssHNNNNNNG.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
DrapersAssHNNNNNNG.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>no draper ass posting

kill yourselves
>>
Is the Ascension worth watching?
>>
File: belter.webm (794KB, 1792x960px) Image search: [Google]
belter.webm
794KB, 1792x960px
>>81145264
No it doesn't make sense at all. Belters are retarded and if they were motivated by Ayn Rand then they'd actually be successful. They are freaks and should just be exterminated lest the gene-pool be weakened
>>
>dislike one aspect of the show
>YOU'RE A WOMAN HATING BED WETTING VIRGIN
uh...wut
>>
>>81148918
Oh great it's this autist again
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.