[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

5>6B>2>3>1>6A>4

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: 67cd4.jpg (946KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
67cd4.jpg
946KB, 1440x900px
5>6B>2>3>1>6A>4
>>
File: wheres my arc paulie.jpg (18KB, 500x567px) Image search: [Google]
wheres my arc paulie.jpg
18KB, 500x567px
season 1 is always under rated
>>
>2 and 3 over 1
>>
File: snitchesgetstitches.jpg (117KB, 910x606px) Image search: [Google]
snitchesgetstitches.jpg
117KB, 910x606px
>>81137080
I switched 1 and 3 at the last second. Season 3 as a whole isn't the greatest, but it just has too many individual episodes I love, e.g. Mr. Ruggerio's Neighborhood, Employee of the Month, University, Pine Barrens, Funhouse (in my top 5 for sure).
>>
>>81137233
>>81137160
My mistake, Funhouse is s2. Same reason I put season 2 over 1, those powerhouse individual eps I guess. Plus, Richie was one of my favorite characters.
>>
bump for Sopranos bantz
>>
>>81136984
4 had the best opener & closer of the series
>>
>>81137233
Seasons 3 and 4 were pretty much the same to me

Honestly the entire show could have ended at season 2 and I still would have thought it was perfect. That season finale is 10/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGG6NWi35Ic
>>
>>81138171
the tonal shift from 3 to 4 is incredibly stark. the content of the show was dark from the beginning but the atmosphere got much drearier and bleaker post-September 11.
>>
>>81136984

3>1>6>5>4>2
>>
>>81138249
I don't know how much 9/11 played a role in its darker atmosphere since it was barely mentioned in the show

Maybe David Chase planned this from the beginning
>>
>>81136984
How the fuck you gonna rate 4 as the weakest?
>>
>>81138283
It's barely mentioned like a terminal illness gets barely mentioned, but it's presence hangs over the show like a thick fog. The coloring gets so washed out and sepia-toned in S4, it's really shocking on a rewatch, feels like a different show entirely. David Chase did say that post-9/11 America felt differently and that the show, as a reflection of the world that it was borne out of, got a bit more melancholy after that.
>>
it's really funny watching the show and seeing the cast get progressively fatter each season
>>
6B>4>5>6A>3>2>1

Don't get me wrong I love the first 3 seasons, but I feel like post 9/11 Sopranos is on another level, the best television ever made
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgBD94cs0T8
>>
>>81138444
That Melfi is spot on
>You seem angwy
>>
File: artiebucco.jpg (29KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
artiebucco.jpg
29KB, 640x360px
>>81138060
>>81138306
I agree that 4's first and last episodes were strong. Whitecaps unquestionably in my top 5 of the entire series for sure. But the three episodes following Ralphie getting murked aren't too memorable, and none of the ones before it really stand out in my mind either. I love Everybody Hurts though, but I love all the Artie centric eps.
>>
What were they going to do with Livia if Marchand didn't die?
>>
>>81138697
testify against Tony, unknown after that

kinda glad though because later seasons focused more Tony's relationship with his father, the first 3 seasons are a bit too mommy centric
>>
>>81138697
from what i understand (my dad has some book about behind the scenes) a lot of what was supposed to happen to the mom was divided between johnny sacks character and uncle
>>
>>81138558
Good point. It's so hard debating which seasons are the best, just because there are so few duds and every season has some the best 1 hour episodes of the history of TV.
>>
>>81138917
I wonder what would have happened to Junior if she didn't die, the whole dementia storyline was obviously for Livia originally
>>
>>81136984
Close, but nowhere near. Bitch.

5 > 6B > 4 > 6A > 3 > 2 > 1

All seasons are great.
>>
>>81138955
>>81139139
And whatever season you rank at the bottom likely blows any other season of television out of the water. And agreed on individual hours. I ended up having to put 6A near the bottom, but the one two of Join the Club and Mayham might be one of my favorite two consecutive hours of television ever. And re: duds, I find that I really dig almost every episode that people trash, e.g. Christopher, Luxury Lounge, Mr. Ruggieri. I don't know if I could think of an episode on the fly that I genuinely didn't enjoy.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.