[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I liked it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Ghost in the Shell 2017.png (244KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
Ghost in the Shell 2017.png
244KB, 672x372px
I don't really understand everybody's problems with this film. I thought it was a lot of fun, even as an avid GitS fan.

The whole thing felt very "American Ghost in the Shell". But, honestly, I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing, and, hopefully, it might even encourage new people to look into the series. I hear complaints about the script, the acting, the music, and even the scenery. Sure, none of it was perfect, but for an American-made live action adaptation of a Japanese anime, I'd say they did a pretty good job at both honoring the source material and doing their own thing.

The film certainly doesn't match the original film on every point, but I don't think it was trying to. It was a simple, more to the point story, but it was a neat ride nonetheless, and I'd gladly watch it again. It was a fun and very comfy good time.

Honest to God, not shilling here, but I just want to generate some positive commentary after reading Kotaku's pessimistic, pseudo-intellectual reaction. Everyone's allowed to have their own opinion, but, seriously fuck Kotaku.

Also, Batou was fucking spot on and Kitano was super fun as always.
>>
>>81130630
I completely agree with you OP. Watched it in Imax yesterday and absolutely adored it and I am also a fan of the original.
>>
>>81130630
>>81131596
Oh and "Never send rabbits to hunt down a fox"
>>
>>81130630
I haven't seen it yet.
From your opinion, if the source material never existed, how would you rate it?
>>
>>81131624
Beat Takashii badass as always.

If they make a sequel I hope they develop the Major and Batou relationship rather than the beta he is in the series and films.
>>
>>81131719
I feel like there will be a sequel and that they will do what you're saying.
Did you notice that the movie was pretty much paid for by Chinese companies? The movie will make money there and a sequel will exist.
>>
>>81131766
Yas!
>>
>>81131766
It always pissed me off at how beta Batou was in the franchise.
>>
File: 7e5df59558215a4d3df10cb8583faf44.jpg (212KB, 2048x1025px) Image search: [Google]
7e5df59558215a4d3df10cb8583faf44.jpg
212KB, 2048x1025px
>>81130630
>seriously fuck Kotaku.
shoo shoo shill
>>
>>81131654
If it never existed? Probably the same, but for different reasons.

Solid 4/5
>>
>>81132176
Say what you want, man. I'm just trying to give an honest opinion. I feel like a lot of critics have their heads really far up their ass, and are expecting too much from films today.

I feel the same way about GiTS that I do about Power Rangers. I thought it was good and represented the source material well. What more would you want from it?
>>
>>81132063
will he fugg the robot?
>>
It was bretty gud, but the best part of the series (what does it mean to be human/concious/exist was largely passed over)
>>
>>81130630
>fun
stop using meaningless buzzwords to defend trash you happen to like.
>>
>>81131624
but rabbits dont hunt.
>>
>>81132993
>fun is a buzzword

get the fuck out of here, you new age fuck
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.